Siren Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Martin Fleming meets a watery end, but from beneath the surface something new will arise.
sirens_cove.jpg

I do not own any characters or places created within the marvel universe. This is merely a fictional story using some of the ideas created by marvel. Please enjoy it and don’t take things too seriously.

Siren Part 2
By: Bowrider

Getting my lock open and grabbing my school and gym bag I immediately started to dry myself off pulling away a completely soaked towel a few seconds later. Stuffing the towel into the side of my gym bag so it would dry I grabbed some clothes and wiggled myself into them noticing the looseness and tightness in certain areas more than others.

With the basics taken care of I realized that I had absolutely no idea of where I could go. My foster parents wouldn't take me in since I was no longer human, heck for all I knew of them they would probably send me to the police believing I was with those other two mutants who destroyed the pool. Being one of the social outcasts at school didn't give me many options for staying at a friend’s place either, not that they would recognize me anyways if I showed up at their doors.

Realizing that standing here wasn't going to get me anywhere I decided that my best bet would be to head back to the school so that I could figure out if anything had been posted online about what happened and maybe I could "borrow" some clothes from one of the girls lockers so that I could be a bit more comfortable.

Walking out to the main entrance of the gym I saw the clock by the entrance showing that it was nine forty at night, meaning that I had been unconscious underwater for about six hours. At least this would mean that I probably wouldn't run into anyone on the way to the school being that it was so late out.

Unfortunately I forgot to account for the fact that everybody would think that I had been killed in the fight making the gym a murder scene for the police. Walking out and onto the street from the gym I was greeted by the sight of police tape and a young man in a long trench coat who was talking on his cell phone and looking as though he was having a really bad day.

Catching sight of me as I walked out of the gym he immediately said that he would call the other person back and started to approach me.

"Young lady what were you doing in there! This area has been sealed off to the public, get over here!" He shouted at me as he approached the police tape.

Looking at the young man who must be a detective I realized that I could either run or lie, but either way I was in major trouble. Since I didn't have any ID right now if I was brought to the police station I was going to have a lot of explaining to do.

Figuring I could always run later I approached the detective and ducked under the police tape.

"I'm sorry sir; I was dared to cross the tape by my friends." I said to the officer, wincing slightly at the sound of my own voice and how different it was.

"That doesn't excuse the fact that this is a closed site and you are trespassing. Now what is your name and what is your parents’ phone number?"

Having to think fast I said the first girls’ name I could think of, "I'm Kara sir, and I don't have any parents, they gave me up when I was a baby..." I trailed off at the end remembering when I was first told that information, but I had learned early on that if you were going to lie you had to incorporate elements of the truth so it would be easier to remember.

Looking uncomfortable the officer looked at my feet saying, "Very well, but you'll have to come with me to give fingerprints so that we can eliminate you from the individuals who tore the roof apart."

Taking a step back I realized that I couldn't talk my way out of this and was going to have to make a break for it. With one more step back I turned and was just starting to run when the detective grabbed for my hand and we both watched as my hand turned to water and his went right through mine.

Stunned the detective stood there for a second looking from his now wet hand and back to me. This was all the opportunity that I needed as my hand reformed and I took off at a sprint towards the school, dumping the school and gym bags as I went as they would only slow me down. In the distance I heard the detective yelling for me to stop as I vaulted bushes and fences on my mad dash towards the school.

Unfortunately my new body was hindering my progress somewhat with my now long hair catching branches and my breasts swinging painfully. By the time I reached the school building and had broken one of the windows to get inside I could see a police cruisers' lights go by trying to locate where I had run off to. Pulling the drapes closed of the classroom I was in, all I could hope for was that the officers that were in the cruiser didn't spot the shards of broken glass by the window.

The minutes seemed to drag as I moved to another window and waited to see if the police were going to approach the school or not. Catching my breath and picking branches out of my hair I glanced out of my new window only to see that the police cruiser had indeed stopped and two officers were approaching the window I had broken to get inside the school.

Thinking fast I was suddenly struck by inspiration, I had to get to the locker room quickly or I would be dodging these cops for the rest of the night. I raced down the halls of the school hearing the two officers crunching glass in the classroom I had just left.

Running into the men’s locker room I started to strip out of my clothes as quickly as I could until I was naked and immediately jumped into a nearby shower stall. Focusing on my water shape I immediately shifted, and in order to hide from the officers I tried something new and visualized myself losing my shape and flowing onto the ground.

The process was slightly slower than shifting between human shapes, but as the officers burst into the locker room with guns drawn, I was merely a puddle on the floor of the shower stall.

To Be Continued...

up
204 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

where can she go?

no I.D., no family, no friends, no money, where can she go?

DogSig.png

Thanks for reading

It wouldn't be interesting if it were easy, :)

Perhaps

not the wisest course of action, but understandable given the circumstances. Scare young teen who has experienced one heck of a life change can be expected to be a little skittish.
At least they just didn't start shooting.
hugs
Grover

Hmmm....

Interesting dilemma indeed! Hiding as a puddle, I hope the janitor doesn't show up with a mop! (LOL). So looking forward to seeing how this one progresses Bowrider! Loving Hugs Talia

Calling Professor X

Gr8tS4g3's picture

I've no doubt that, as this is set in the X men universe, Cerebro went Pingpingpingping as soon as Kara showed up on it's sensors, I'll be expecting some representatives of a certain Westchester School situated on Greymalkin Lane to show up in their Blackbird any time soon

The Nature of Monkey is Irrepressible!

Short and addictive :) I

Short and addictive :) I really enjoy this, thanks for sharing it :) I can't wait to see if any "Supers" come to her rescue :)


Click Me!

=^.^=

Become a Patron!

Have a mew of a day!