Siren Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Martin Fleming meets a watery end, but from beneath the surface something new will arise.
sirens_cove.jpg

I do not own any characters or places created within the marvel universe. This is merely a fictional story using some of the ideas created by marvel. Please enjoy it and don’t take things too seriously.

Siren Part 3
By: Bowrider

Looking up at the officers from the floor of the shower stall I began to feel a pulling sensation near the centre of my mass. Looking around I realized one major flaw in my escape plan, the water that made up my body was slowly going down the drain of the shower!

As I noticed my predicament the two police officers lowered their weapons upon discovering the clothes I had gotten out of when I changed.

"What do you think Henderson? It looks to me like she just vanished into thin air... do you think she can teleport?"

"That would explain why there was no body in the pool back at the gym Greg, but if she could teleport why leave the clothes behind? And why would a young girl be wearing boys’ clothes any ways? If you want my opinion she probably walks through walls or something. At least that would explain detective McCoy's account of his hand going through hers when he tried to stop her. If she could do that then it would be easy for her and her compatriots to hide a body too. Come on, she probably swapped clothes in the women locker room and dumped these ones to throw us off the trail."

Once the two officers left I could hold on no longer and started my descent into what I hoped would be a quick trip through the schools sewer system.

The slow dips and turns of the schools sewer system were nothing compared to the choking darkness of being trapped in the pipes beneath the school. I could feel myself working up to a major panic attack when the pipes widened considerably as my liquid form surged out of the school pipes and I entered the city’s sewage system proper.

With the rapid flow of the water and "other" material I felt my body getting pulled from all directions as I literal splashed my way through the tubes beneath the city on my way to destinations unknown.

After approximately fifteen minutes of transferring tubes and being filtered (thank god for that) I began to see moonlight up ahead of me approaching fast, so reforming my watery human form I prepared for a dive into Lake Redgrave. The Lake was just outside the city limits and had a nearby campground I had been to once on a class trip.

Emerging from the water treatment plant and submerging into the cool waters of Lake Redgrave was soothing to my soul after the rest of my evening. Laying just beneath the surface I noticed that I didn't feel any need to breath, though that didn't really surprise me after being turned into a water woman and lying at the bottom of a pool for several hours.

What did surprise me were the sounds that I was hearing. The noises coming from the water made it seem as though an orchestra was playing all around me with instruments that I could only guess at and they were urging all those around them to join in their mysterious melody.

Humming to the tune of the Lake I slowly made my way across the water towards where I knew the campgrounds were located. Solidifying my body as I popped my head above water I looked straight up the beach and straight into the eyes of a man made entirely out of ice.

Raising his hand in a wave I quickly dove into the water again only to have my path cut off by a wall of ice above and below the water. Leaving me with only one option it seemed as though the iceman wasn't going to give me a chance to slip away.

"Well I guess it's time to see what Frosty the Iceman wants with me" I thought as I once again popped my head above the water.

To Be Continued...

up
198 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

More to come!

Sorry this part is a bit shorter than I hoped, but I am moving to a new city at the moment. I'll try to beef up the next installment and thanks for all the comments, they get me thinking about the story in new ways. :)

Iceman!

giggles. The perfect member of the X-Men team to show up ...

DogSig.png

Frosty the Iceman!

Well, she and Bobby Drake does have a few things in common. :) I'm enjoying this. One of my most favorite Fanfics was "The Ice Queen Cometh" by Morpheus.
Hugs
Grover

Too true

I have to admit that Morpheus is one of my favorite writers. Hopefully I'll get Bobby's character right. Thanks for reading!

Sort of reminds...

Me of an old Roto-rooter jungle - "And away goes troubles down the drain!". But I'm thinking the troubles are just starting actually! Being around Ice can't be good for someone made of water! Bowrider dear, I hope your move goes smoothly and you hurry back with the next chapter hon. Loving Hugs Talia

More to come

Thanks for the support, I'll try to make the next one special, hopefully I can get one or two more parts out while packing. ;)