AHC11

Comments

The title talks of love and redemption among other things

I am guessing HOW her mother died in her presence may prove key to her and her father's redemption.

That and we still only know little of the how's/whys/rules of the powers these two have.

So far there is no evidence of the equivalent of a magic police, rule of three fold returns or other limits/checks on the abuse of this power.

Or does the father fear some consequence? Else why force the former man to carry and birth a child by an unknown father in the copied body of his daughter’s former school rival? It is not of his blood line so why does he *care*?

And I agree the child would have a terrible life with this family what with nannies to rise him or her until the daughter decides to grow up and take responsibility. Like HE is all that much more mature!

-- Grin –

Could it be a bit like in Doctor Who where a child conceived in the TARDIS, or in this case his mansion, will become a Time Lord, or in the case one of them, a user of this power? And what of the mother or for that matter if she miscarries which occurs in what, 20 percent of pregnancies?

I wonder if the mom died in some magical mishap. One the daughter blames herself for?

Thus bitter and twisted by grief/guilt? Is she two souls in one body perhaps and thus all but insane IE she somehow stole by accident part of her mother's essence and killed her in the process?

Is the mom really dead or disappeared and all assume she is lost forever? Could a baby being conceived in the house where she died in a body altered by the daughter’s power be the vessel for the mother’s return to *life*?

The author will reveal in time. If we ask nice?

I have read some of this ahead at FM and let’s say there are more trials for our former man now forced mother to be.

BTW if they can alter others bodies at will why not move the fetus into the daughter then change him back?

Why must he suffer for her crimes? Why can't the degrading addiction to sperm be removed?

Lots if questions and so little to go on.

And given the extreme exposure to these forces the teacher has been subject to including three body changes. IE adult man to teen to man to cum addicted then pregnant teen will he/she develop this power too? Or develop a résistance to it such that they can't change her back?

IE will any good come of it for him/her?

Any reward for her suffering?

Guess I need to wait and read.

John in Wauwatosa hoping justice and compassion win out and not the might is right attitude the dad and his child have so far expressed. IE a happy ending, a make lemonade out of lemons ending or a decent into evil/unhappy/tragic ending?

John in Wauwatosa

Many discoveries ahead...

Hey John, thanks for the interest in the story.

Wow, you have a lot of interesting theories about what's going on. Some of them are pretty cool too.

I can promise you that almost all of your questions will be answered as the story unfolds. The magic system does have rules that the characters must follow, and I will be uploading an appendix that details them as Amber learns them. But that is still several chapters away.

I can answer one question now, though. As an innocent, the baby is completely immune to the Calvins' magic. Because they share a body, it makes Amber immune too. So no changes can be made to her until after the birth. And yes, Mr. Calvin does fear "grave consequences" should the baby be harmed.

This will be a full novel-length story, so there is lots to come and many plot twists along the road. I hope you enjoy the ride! Don't hesitate to send questions along too. I'll answer any that future chapters won't.

- Ken Ryker