AHC21

Comments

Oh dear...

This is heading for a very dark place mew...

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

The darkness at the bottom of a bottle...

Yeah, even I know that wasn't pretty. If it helps, writing Mr. Calvin drunk made me cringe. It was tough, but it happened for a reason, and might even be explored at some point.

Things will start heating up for Amber too, and thanks for the comment!

Amber is really Amber now

When she has her baby it will be HER baby, not the Calvin's or some anonymous foster parent's. It will be a relief to have the compulsions lifted, but I do not see her ever willingly giving up her baby. The numb place she flees to now would become her way of life if she goes back without her baby.

And she has found love, even if she doesn't realize it. Her past is a mess now, with nearly nine months of unexplained absence, but I see no happy outcome however she deals with that. Her happiness is with her baby, and with Kevin.

SuZie

Finding Herself

As a proud father, I can certainly see how you feel. My daughter is my life, and I can't imagine life without her. But there are plenty of mothers out there that have given children up for adoption. I don't know how they do it, but Amber is still under the impression she can be one of those people and go back to Evan's "normal" life. We'll see if she feels differently as she gets closer to being a real mother.

I will give one little hint, though: The intended foster parents are not completely anonymous. They were in the story at some point already. >:P

As the audience, we can see how Amber is indeed Amber, and is in love, but we can also see how she is lying to herself. There's definitely more to that story arc coming up, too. I hope you like the story as it goes forward!