AHC5

Comments

Not nice

I've read stories of evil, arrogant magicians that do Bad Things to mortals, but they almost always understand their own evil while doing so. Here, I detect not a sliver of self-awareness in this magic family.

"How could she be so evil?" I lamented, without thinking.

“You will not speak of my daughter like that! Do you understand me?” Mr. Calvin was suddenly furious with me.

The elder Calvin brooks no ill words toward his daughter, though he is furious with her for potentially exposing the family to the greater world. Certainly not for being evil! Nor does he see his own despicable actions for what they are. Apparently, magic makes right, just as some say might makes right.

She is being treated like a prisoner of war. Amber has to make a decision soon, or cede all volition to her captors.

"You can kill me, or torture me. You may hold me here for nine months or eternity. But what you will most certainly do is treat me like a human being! Anything less and you will simply have to beat me into submission at every turn."

I sincerely hope there is a change in circumstance coming up soon, for I have little stomach for more of this brand of Calvinism.

SuZie

Thanks for your interest in

Thanks for your interest in my story!

No, the Calvins are definitely not nice, and definitely think the laws of mortals don't apply to them. But I can promise that none of the major characters in my story are so one-dimensional. There are layers and hidden motivations that will be peeled back in future chapters.

But some of those revelations may take some time. This is a long story, and the next chapter or two may be rough (sorry!), but Amber will fight for own happiness and destiny, and find good times and romance. This is not a one sided story. It has many highs and lows, and several plot twists. Some characters will find happiness, but some may fall.

I hope you can endure and stick with her through her story. She's grown on me, but needs all the support she can get! ;)

- Ken Ryker

I can hang in there for a while more

as long as I know the Calvins are not going to be the alpha and omega of this universe. That's just too depressing.

Thank you for letting us know a bit about where you are going.

SuZie

It's Amber's Story

Once I get into the larger players in my universe and how the magic works, you'll see the Calvins are connected to it, but they are not its center.

This is Amber's story, and her greatest struggles and greatest triumphs will come from within herself, not from anything the Calvins can do to her. As the story progresses, she starts keeping a journal that I'll post as a appendix to the story. It explains the things she learns and what drives her in her new life. May surprise you.

- Ken Ryker

I tried

I honestly tried to read your stories, but I just can't stand a story that was obviously written by a randy teenager. I'm sorry as the writing skill is there, but the content just plain and simply bores me. I will not be reading any more of you stories.

Try Amber Light

Sorry it wasn't your thing. That understandable. This story was written when I was into fetish content. I no longer write those stories. In fact, I wrote a version of this that focuses on the character's growth and the fantasy elements, omitting the fetish. Here it is, if you want to give it a shot without reading fetish smut:

Amber Light -link

That story, and all later stories have no fetish content. Alternatively,

Whispers from the Void -link

is an action/adventure fantasy in the Archon Saga with no erotic content at all. It's a good beginning point for new readers. Good luck and happy reading wherever your interest takes you.