Rules Are Rules: 33. More Tea

Printer-friendly version

"Yeah, whatever," he said. "Hey, I can only give you a quick kiss with my parents watching."

I smiled. "I understand." I got up on tiptoe, and he gave me a peck on the lips. Resting my head on his chest, I hugged him tight. Then I noticed that my left foot had "popped," like the girl in The Princess Diaries, so I put it back on the ground and let go. "Thanks. I had a lot of fun."


Rules Are Rules


33. More Tea

 

Cassie looked down at my chest, and said, "You better adjust your pads before we go back out there."

Embarrassed, I looked into the mirror and quickly shifted the little bags.

"That's better," she said. "I'll try to keep an eye out for that when the dancing starts."

"There's dancing?" I asked.

"Yes, didn't you know?" She looked at my shoes. "I guess you didn't. I don't think you'll do a lot of dancing with those pointy toes."

"They're comfortable," I countered.

"Now they are," she said. "See what you say later! Anyway, don't change the subject. Are you flat? I didn't realize."

I blushed by way of response.

"Don't worry," she said. "I didn't see it until now. I have something that might help."

"Is it a tea?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said. "Have you heard of it? I hung on to it for Nina — I figured it would keep, but you can use it."

"Where did you get it?"

"A friend of mine," she said. "Don't worry, it's safe. Turns out I didn't need it, by the way." She bounced her breasts and laughed.

I didn't say more, because I wanted the tea and didn't want to give away the fact that I already had some. I liked it, and was planning on asking Mrs. Earshon how to get a fresh supply once I ran out. Now I might not have to.

We returned to the table just as dinner was being served.

"What do girls do in the bathroom?" Jerry wondered aloud. Mahon shook his head.

"Same thing you do," I said.

Nina guffawed.

"Then why does it take so long?" he asked.

"Next time, I'll bring you with me and you can find out," I retorted.

Nina gaped.

Mrs. Auburn explained to Nina that I was only kidding, and suggested we change the topic.


Nina was sitting to Jerry's left, and she kept cutting into our conversation. I didn't mind so much. I could see that it bothered Jerry, but he didn't let Nina see. In the end, we made it a three-way conversation. It was easier. At one point, Nina was telling Jerry the plot of some Disney movie, and he was patiently listening. Mahon took advantage of the distraction, and tapped me on the shoulder. Cassie was leaning on his arm, smiling at me.

"Listen," he said. "Yesterday morning after I washed my hands, I recognized the girl's voice — the one who was doused. She's my cousin. I don't want people laughing at her, so I'd appreciate it if you keep the story to yourself. Okay?"

"Sure," I said. "No problem."

"Great," he said. "You're alright." Then he turned back to Cassie, and I turned back to Jerry.

"When are we going to start dancing?" I asked him.

"I'll dance with you!" Nina shouted. Jerry grinned.

"Okay, Nina," I said as I stood. "Let's get this party started." To Jerry I said, "Don't think this gets you off the hook."


Cassie was right about the shoes. I danced a lot. Then I danced as much as I could take. Eden's lessons didn't really teach me how to dance, but they did help me to relax and not worry about how I looked. Jerry surprised me — he was quite a good dancer, and had me spinning and dipping. I had a great time until my feet started to hurt. Once they started, even after I took the shoes off and massaged them, they didn't get better. I tried dancing barefoot, but the damage was already done. In fact, it was a week before I was walking normally again.

Afterward, when the Auburns dropped me home, Jerry accompanied me to my front door. I held my shoes in my hand. I walked on the grass next to the walkway.

Jerry said, "Women and high heels! Why can't you just wear shoes that feel good?"

I looked up. Barefoot, I was a lot shorter than him.

"High heels bring me a little closer to you. Anyway, they did feel good until I started dancing. I have to get Cassie to explain why her feet are fine."

"Yeah, whatever," he said. "Hey, since my parents are watching, I can only give you a quick kiss."

I smiled. "I understand." I got up on tiptoe, and he gave me a peck on the lips. Resting my head on his chest, I hugged him tight. Then I noticed that my left foot had "popped," like the girl in The Princess Diaries, so I put it back on the ground and let go. "Thanks. I had a lot of fun."

It wasn't late, so my aunt was still up, sewing with a needle and thread. "All my pockets have holes," she explained, holding one up for me to see. "So how did your evening go?"

"Great, except that my feet are killing me!"

"I guess you need some lessons in buying shoes," she said. "Boy feet are different from girl feet. Your feet are more square, so the pointed shoes are going to hurt you, even if they feel good in the store."

"I didn't know," I said.

She shrugged and smiled, and set down her sewing. She went and got me a basin of epsom salts and warm water. I sat there in my cocktail dress, soaking my feet, while she, dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, went back to mending pants.

She had her legs bent under her, and she was looking down, wearing her reading glasses, intent on her sewing. I cleared my throat.

"Can I ask you something?" I said. "Is it true that if I take hormones, I'll grow breasts?"

"Ow!" Aunt Jane cried, and tiny dot of blood appeared on the side of her index finger. "Jeez Louise!"

"Sorry!"

"I should know by now," she said, putting down the needle and sucking her finger. "When you start talking, I have to get ready for a shock. Yes, female hormones will cause men to develop breasts. You need a prescription to get them, and a doctor has to monitor you."

"So the breasts don't get too big?"

"No, so you don't get a hormone imbalance. Hormones are very powerful — there are several different kinds, and they regulate healing, growth, metabolism — pretty much everything. They interact, and if one gets out of whack, the others won't be right, either."

"If I could take them, how soon would I have breasts?"

She looked at me, considering something for a moment. "Breast growth is very individual. It happens over months and years, not days and weeks. You don't just take a pill and have two hooters pop out the next day."

I was quiet, thinking. She had stopped sewing and was studying my face. I smiled, not knowing what she was thinking.

She took off her glasses and asked in a serious tone, "You haven't gotten your hands on some estrogen, have you? Birth-control pills?"

"I don't even know what you're talking about."

"Does that mean no?"

"Yes."

"Yes, it means no?"

"No, I don't have any kind of pills. I don't even know where to get those pills. I'm just asking questions. I'm curious."

"Okay," she said. "I'm just trying to be careful. If you want to take feminizing hormones, you have to talk to Mr. Marks, and you'll have to get your parents' permission. It's really serious, so — listen to me carefully — don't get into it on your own, okay? You can really screw yourself up."

"Okay," I agreed. "But are you saying that there's a way to get the pills without a doctor's permission?"

She looked at me in surprise. "People do break laws," she said. "But you better not, or I'll pull you out of that school and put you on the next plane to New Jersey! I won't even bother asking your parents first!"

"Hey," I protested, "I'm only asking questions!"

"Okay," she said. "But don't fool around with pills or shots or anything, okay?"

"Okay!"

up
222 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

good advice....

Angharad's picture

is freely given, but rarely taken! Let's see what Marcie does.

Angharad

Angharad

Marcie will be good ...

... and do what Jane says. Of course, she doesn't know what's in the tea, exactly, and will undoubtedly make that awful assumption, "if it's natural, it must be good for me."

I just hope Marcie likes her new acquisitions. *smile*

Randalynn

Does this tea do more than enourage breast growth?

He is suddenly much more happy with being a girl to the point of seriously wanting or thinking of transitioning.

Does this tea feminize your brain? Something is strange here.

Fun story as usual. I only hope he/she ends up happy and better off than before and not because he/she's been brain washed or drugged.

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Randalynn has it right. Natural is not allways safe or effective. Think of the Death Angel Amanita mushroom, arsenic, cobra venom, the plague -- They are all natural.

John in Wauwatosa

...

I think that that is over-thinking the whole process. He's a rather innocent 13 year old, who perhaps for the first time in his life is being well recieved by his peers, making friends and generally enjoying life.

Girls have breasts, he is being a girl. Having breasts is good and will help him fit in better.

I wish him or her all the best... :)

The Legendary Lost Ninja

That's what I think, too!

Oh, my God, you hit it *exactly* on the head!

thanks!

Add a letter (and some "tea") and ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... wish HER all the brest ... doubled - and don't worry about the spelling :-)

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Uhuh....

But, it sounds like this youngster is a tad in the impatient side. So far the child has not shown the inclination to think first and act later... If she had, she might have done all the things she's done, but somehow I get the impression no.

I do think the warning is worth putting out where all can see though it might be stated even more strongly!

Shoes? I don't know how many other women I've heard complain about sore feet from pretty looking shoes. Seems the minority of us put feet comfort first and appearance second. I've even heard tales of some having their little (outside) toes surgically removed so they fit into those pointy shoes better. Ouch.

Well...

I think Marcie will assume that since this is just a tea, it can't possibly be too harmful because you can get it without a doctor's permission. Plus, since she's just going based on what other people are telling her, I suspect she has no idea at all that it could even have a lasting effect. She just likes the taste of the tea.

I would love to...

I wonder if Marcie will get Lupron (to keep from growing hair and hitting puberty) to decide if Marcie wants to be a girl. :-) I hope she does!

TGSine --

TGSine --958

Tea

Come on we all know in reality drinking a gallon a day of that tea for five years ain't going to make a guy a Twiggy much less a Dolly Parton, but it is fun to imagine it. Marcie is quite a handful. She is already too comfortable in her role, but I like her.

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

#33 rules are rules

now i know why i due not drink tea ha ha that and iam a mormon anny way now her hoter will grow big and with out even takeing a pill ok i just lurnd something new thanks mutch please keep going this is geting funny and still good .hugs [email protected]

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

Splitting hairs!

Marcie is going to follow the letter not the intent. Not good.

Thanks for sharing.

My understanding

As I understand it, certain herbal substances can have an effect on the young. Teas and even certain shampoo have these. From what I've read I'm not cetain that Marcie has connected the dots yet about her breasts and the tea. However I can't be sure she hasn't either! This is Marcie after all! At this point almost anything is possible because Marcie is a little old not to have started puberty, but not extremely so. Kayleigh is paying her cards close to her chest! :)
hugs!
grover

I was wondering that, too...Grover

Grover:

You wrote the following --

As I understand it, certain herbal substances can have an effect on the young. Teas and even certain shampoo have these. From what I've read I'm not cetain that Marcie has connected the dots yet about her breasts and the tea. However I can't be sure she hasn't either! This is Marcie after all! At this point almost anything is possible because Marcie is a little old not to have started puberty, but not extremely so. Kayleigh is paying her cards close to her chest! :)
hugs!

I believe Mark/Marcie is supposed to be a freshmen (or is it Freshwomen) in High School, I know a friend was 12 whren she became a freshmen, and at 14 some boys (me) didn't have puberty.
I know you might see some 'women' pills at natural health stores, so maybe the tea had some herbs in it from the natural health stores.

TGSine --

TGSine --958

Elementary My Dear Watson

Twelve is either Elementary or Middle School. A Frosh is either fourteen or fifteen, most often the latter rather than the former. To get such great results so fast would make tea tree oil a miracle (or terrible depending on POV) potion, unless Marcie was already starting to develop a case of gynecomastia. Putting all that aside, giving the author the right to artistic license, this is a great series

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Da Gettin's da Boobs

Gwen I was messin with Estrogen for a while before I did it officialy and nuttin' did nuttin'. Little did I know that I needed Spirolactone. When I told my MD what I was doing, he just shook his head and wrote out my own prescription for "E" and Spiro. Of course, he said he would not do it if I was not having my head properly examined also. My "girls" measure out as B's but they won't even begin to fill a AA cup bra; much less cubic volume. NUTS! Still, there is enough there to "Mark" me as a woman when I wear a T shirt. : )
Gwen Brown

You need the tea

Gwen, you have to get a hold of the tea that Marcie's drinking.
It will set you up!

Kaleigh

PS - I hope you know I'm just kidding -- there is no miracle tea in real life,
as far as I know.

I saw somewhere that Tea…

…Tree Oil in some soaps and foodstuffs was giving adolescent boys boobs, so maybe there' something in it. Problem is I don't really know what Tea Tree Oil is—duh!

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

...

More than just Tea Tree as well, Wild Yam (and I think Black Cohosh) will do the trick in people who don't have the right hormonal balance (post menopausal for instance).

The Legendary Lost Ninja

Bra sizes

erin's picture

Are very difficult but a properly fitting bra is worth it. Most women wear too large a band and two small a cup while many TGs make the opposite mistake. Find a good shop and get an accurate fitting. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Comfortable shoes?

Yes, Erin, I agree...,

but do you have any advice on comfortable shoes?

Thorough good read, K.

Sarah Lynn

Walking around

erin's picture

If you do a lot of walking or standing, a pair of SAS sandals are terrific. :)

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Tea Tree Oil

joannebarbarella's picture

TTO is a popular ingredient for body lotions, shampoos, etc, in Australia. These products can be found in The Body Shop chain, and NO, I do not have shares :-)

did they miss it?

I was more interested in Cassie coming to accept Marcie in the past two chapters. There is a strong relationship being built here.... perhaps stronger than others.

BTW Tea Tree oil is excellent for your skin. It is used in Shampoos and conditioners because of it's healing properties. If you have Dry Scalp (Danddruff) which is more prevealent in the winter, then run down to your salon and get a good Tea Tree product. BTW if you buy Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree products a portion of what you pay goes to replanting trees...... a note from your on line Hair stylist.

A.A.

no pills

yeah you got to be careful. you can mess yourself up but good

DogSig.png