Fate is the name of the game Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

This is my first story, and I'm not really sure how fast I will put the chapters out. I have tried publishing a story on this website before, but just got a serious case of writers block for it. This one shouldn't have the same problem, it's a take on the main character being exactly like me with my life, with some fictional elements implemented to make it more interesting. Hope you enjoy and please cut me some slack.

SUMMARY:
Xavier was a boy that everyone assumed was happy, but if only they could see into his mind. The things that go on there, the adventures had, the accomplishments he has made, and there in that fantasy world of his mind, he has the body and life he is truly happy with. It's not real, any of it though. Or is it?

Chapter 2: Everyday life
(I may have forgotten to mention this in my last chapter, if not obvious, this story starts off as me being Xavier and ending as Seraphina)

(Italic= My thoughts)
(Regular= Narration)
("Regular with quotations= Speaking")

"Xav! Wake up!" Shouted the annoying voice of the person who awoke me from my slumber. Yeah, I go by Xave (EX-AVE) just so you know who they are yelling at. I sleepily rise out of my bed as if it were my grave. "Ugh" was all I gave in response. Zombie like, I trudged on to the bathroom and got in the shower, just like how all my school days start. Upon getting out, I accidentally looked in the mirror despite all my efforts to avoid doing so. I was 16 years old as already established with VERY curly and long dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, I had a scar on my cheek about 2 inches wide and had a height of about 5 feet and 8 inches. "Are you out of the shower yet?" My mom asked outside of the closed bathroom door. You see, my mom sometimes had to yell through the door to get out of the shower, there were days I never wanted to get out. "Yep" was once again all I said in response. "Well good, you need to hurry, I have to flat iron your hair." "I would do it if you would teach me" I sent back with a bit of irritation in my voice. "When I have the time" is all I got from her. Over the next hour, I had my hair straight ironed, and threw on a t-shirt and some jeans. Then I was off to school where the real fun was.

"Hey, why didn't you text me last night?" I asked my newest aqquaintance. She went by Jay and was shorter than me at about 5 feet and 4 inches, she could be depressing at times, but birds of a feather flock together I guess. "Oh, I was texting my boyfriend and completely forgot. Whoops" she said casually. "If you say so" I said with a sigh, then followed up with "Anyways can I borrow a pencil? We have this stupid Algebra test today." The look of shock on her face after I uttered those words was just about priceless. "I completely forgot! I'm so gonna fail!" She looked around like she was hiding from the police, then asked in a quiet tone "Can you let me cheat? Please? Only this once!" Now here is a little fact about me, I tend to stick to my morales, I don't do drugs, smoke, drink, cheat, get tattoos or anything like that. So when she asked, of course I responded with a slightly hesitant "No, sorry." She then said something that suprised me "Don't say that word, I hate that word." Before I could ask, the teacher put the test on out desk and we started it.

Let me tell you something about my school if you will permit it. My school is filled with a bunch of idiots and Neanderthals (I know that means the same thing, but I really want to emphasize my point). Sometimes, the students there are so bad that the teacher just gives up and let's them do whatever. The guys at my school just throw insults at each other like they are going to fight, but they never do. And the girls just go from guy to guy like it is their job. So since I didn't like over 95% of the people at my school, I would go most days only saying about 10 words besides the ones I traded with my mom in the mornings and evenings. In my 5th period class on that day, I got a text from my boyfriend (I'm bisexual by the way, I just didn't know it at the time. I was experimenting when dating him). His name was Richard Lynx, I had actually never seen him since we were in a long distance relationship, but I wasn't too concerned yet. We had only been going out for a month. We met on an online game named Elsword. And we hit it off pretty fast, I even came out to him as Transgender. It was the first person I told and he was very accepting of me. The text said "When you get home, do you want to play Elsword?" I responded instantly with a "yes". After the final bell rang, me and Jay were walking together making idle conversation when she said this "I really want a tattoo!" I could see she wanted me to ask why, so I took the bait for her to respond with "Well they look so cool! I want one that shows a shark eating my Exfriends!" I blew air out of my nose, she could be a little weird at times. "Just look at your tattoo and how awesome it looks." That caught me by surprise "I don't have a tattoo though." I responded confused. "Sure you do. It's right here." She proceeded to point at the right side of my neck. Still confused, I asked her for a compact mirror which she luckily had on her. I then saw what she was talking about. It was a tattoo of Three black swords, each looking like a slightly different version of Excalibur, covered in barb wire. "That's just permanent marker, my friend drew it there last class, I completely forgot" She seemed to buy that lame excuse. What the heck is this? I don't have a friend to draw on me in 7th period and I definitely didn't get a tattoo. Just calm down me, calm down. You can try to find out what's going on when you get home. At that exact moment my bus decided to arrive, I say quick bye to my friend and headed home. Upon returning home, I found absolutely nothing about this tattoo on the Internet. Seriously confused, I head up to my room. "Just what is going on?" Not even a second after that, a splitting pain goes through my head. "H-help someon-". I don't even finish the words before I black out.

I return to consciousness and immediatly sit up and notice my now different surroundings. "What is this place? This doesen't look like my room or anywhere else I know." I say a bit fearful. When I look around, the room I am in appears to be glowing a golden aura. Like something you would see in a story book. The walls engraved by what looks like a professional, And then I look down at myself in the silk sheet bed I am laying in. To say I was shocked would be the understatement of the year. I'm a girl! And I am intangible? How is this even possible?! "Anything is possible here Sūkarettotenpesuto". I look around startled "Who is there?!" The voice laughs, not an evil laugh, but one that makes it sound like she has known me her whole life. "Please calm yourself child, I mean you no harm" A shimmering light that looks like the northern lights appears in front of me, when it disappears it leaves behind a woman so beautiful that I could see people having death battles over who gets even a small chance to marry her. "What is your name child?" I stutter in response "Xa-Xavier Williams". Then she says "Not that name, your real name". That's when I get confused. "That is my real name". The laugh she returns to my statement is like one-thousand Suns, it lights up everything. Or at least it seems to. "The name you wish were your real name child" That is when everything kicks in, I know what happened now. I died, I'm in the afterlife. "Am I... Dead?" She frowns and says "No, but you came very close. I want you to get dressed and follow me". I reluctantly get up and follow her once I am properly dressed. Something I noticed is that I can't touch my body, being intangible makes everything I want go right through me. The only thing I can't control is if my hands go right through me, which they always do. "Seraphina" I say quietly, embarrassed. The woman looks at me confused. "Huh?" I look up at her. "My real name is Seraphina". She smiles and we keep walking. She is pretty tall, I think she could even be about 6 feet and 4 inches. She has white hair with blonde streaks through it, glassy eyes which somehow reflect all kinds of emotion, pale milky white skin and pointed ears. It isn't underexaggerating to say she is "As beautiful as a goddess". We finally get to a massive door and enter. The room we enter looks like a throne room, just with modern furnishings instead of a throne. "Come, sit with me." She points towards a couch. We sit and I start unloading all the questions my mind can think of. "Where am I? How do I leave? Why am I a girl? Why am I intangible? How did you appear like that?". Question after question I unload on her, while she sits there calmly. Then after hearing them all, she smiles. "You will learn in due time, but I will answer this. Where you are is a sacred place. It is the tie between your dreams and Sarallqia. Sarallqia is what humans would call, the afterlife. Every humans mind is tied to the afterlife, so the gods and goddesses can watch over and hear all humans thoughts to decide where they will go when they die. It is rare that people get sent to the tie, but yet here you are. When they get sent here, they send a god or goddess to stay with them until they awake or... Sleep eternally. I am Zayiphia, the goddess of fate. And I am here to watch over you until you awake. Did I answer all your questions?" She says with a smile. I sit there, stunned. "Did she say she is a goddess, this is a tie to the afterlife and I'm on the verge of death?". Trying to work my head around everything I had just learned, I sat there for who knows how long when I started glowing. "Zayiphia, what's happening?!" I spit out fearful. "Calm down child". She smiles. "You are waking up, and one last thing before you go. Don't worry about that symbol on your neck, in due time, you will know why it is there." As she finishes the sentence, everything fades into black once again.

Sūkarettotenpesuto= ScarletTempest
Intangible= Unable to be touched or grasped; not having a physical presence.

Sorry if I couldn't show much of the main characters personality, still trying to find a way to do so.

up
123 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Looks to be an interesting

Looks to be an interesting story, and I would very much like to know about the three swords tattoo on her neck.

interesting start

a tattoo, a near death experience, and meeting a goddess? That's a lot on her plate!

DogSig.png

Get hooked

Jamie Lee's picture

Xavier having this little chat with the Goddess of Fate has me interested in finding out more. Especially how, and why, he has the tattoo. Since he doesn't like them.

Others have feelings too.