Life-Changing Moments 2

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 2: Changes

(NOTE: This chapter continuous straight from chapter 1)

My sister walked into the room and said that my hair looks so beautiful now. Then she said that

Sharla: If you don't take care of long hair it can get damaged easily so you need to take care of them as it is the same length as mine.

Skye: Come to think of it my hair is almost to my back now.

Sharla: Yeah, so you need to learn more hairstyles like ponytail to tie your hair. For now, sit here I'll do it for you!

She made me sit in front of her and started combing my hair. This time I closed my eyes, it was so soothing & relaxing. After some time she said she was done with the hairstyle and placed my hair on my shoulder. It felt heavy for some reason and felt different than a normal ponytail which I usually wear. Suddenly Sharla came in front of me and took quick photos from every angle and then sat back again. I saw what was on my shoulder and it was a long single braid.
I thought she was pranking me by putting her braid on my shoulder and then I said...
Skye: Yeah real funny, now remove your braid and show me my braid.
Sharla: You idiot that's your braid. As I combed your hair I realized you almost have hair till your lower back so I braided it instead. To make things easier for you.
I was so angry that I screamed at her and said "I AM NOT A GIRL!".
I stood up went into my room and locked the door with a loud bang!!
Just as I was removed my band from the hair I got a WhatsApp message!
It was from my sister, I didn't want to see them but I noticed they were my photos. So I opened the message don't know why, maybe because some part of me wanted to see how I looked. I was very shocked! Like Holy S**T! I was shocked that my braid was so freaking thick & beautiful and it almost reached my lower back and it looked freaking amazing. And the front photo where she placed my braid on the shoulder. I looked so cute and beautiful. At that moment I felt an emotion I never felt before it was weirdly attractive for some reason.

After realizing this I felt very bad for shouting at my sister she was only thinking for better for me. I slowly unlocked & opened the door and she was standing right outside. As she was about to turn and leave and I quickly grabbed her arm apologized to her. It took a little while for convincing her. She said, "If you are sorry you will let me braid your hair again." I accepted it because I was curious to touch my braids myself in private and anyways I had no were else to go and there is no one around except me and my sister so I said OK.

She started combing my hair again. So last time I didn't feel any divisions(partition) on my scalp but this time I did. It started from the front and ended at the back bottom of the scalp. She was brushing and doing something I could feel it but I was not allowed to look. I thought she was side parting my hair for the braid but this time it took longer than it took before. She walked in front of me looked from different angles & again took some pictures. I could feel the weight on both sides of my head it felt as my head had a center and both sides are having weight. Then she went back & placed braids on both my shoulders.
I was utterly shocked & before I could say anything...
Sharla: First look yourself in the mirror before you say something & I am leaving...BYE!!

And she quickly an away from my room. I immediately closed the door worried that someone might see me like this Quickly rushed towards the mirror of my room turned the lights on and was just staring at the mirror looking at these beautiful thick black braids on both of my shoulders. I just couldn't believe them. The ends of the braid were reaching my lower back & she middle-parted my hair from the front to the neck. I looked like a school girl! & I was getting nervous and excited at the same time my brain couldn't believe that those braids were mine. My hands were trembling as I touched them. I could feel the pressure of my touch on my scalp. My whole body was filled with excitement as I was watching and touching my braids. I touched my scalp with my fingertips then I felt the tightness of my hair at the roots which were caused by the weight of my long braids.

I never felt anything like this. It was an amazing feeling. I was playing with my braid and with the ends of my braid. Every time I pulled my braid the pulling sensation on my scalp was driving me crazy. The way those braids touched were touching my ears and brushing my neck. My mind just couldn't contain such levels of pleasure. I just kept staring at myself I don't even know how much time I spent sitting there and looking at my reflection in the mirror which I never saw before.

I am now on my bed and with my braids. I just held them in disbelief I couldn't accept the fact that such beautiful long braids belonged to me I loved them!
Then I had a thought what if my hair was longer than this how long would be my braids. If my hair was hip-length or more then my braid would swing and touch my butt just thinking about it made my heart beat faster in excitement and pleasure!
I don't know when I fell asleep. I think it was one of the best days of my life as I never experienced such a huge rush of emotions all at once in my whole life.

As I woke up and was drinking hot water my sister bought me I heard a knock on the front door I got up and realized I still had Twin Braids (pigtails) from last night, I quickly removed the bands & undid my braids. I got to the front door and opened it standing there was the same girl who moved to the apartment on my floor.

Neighbor Girl: Good Morning Sister! sorry to disturb you this early in the morning. I need some help as I am leaving early to work and my roommate went to her village. She will return in the evening can you give her these keys? please.

Skyler: (again with the sister I should clear her misunderstanding)Excuse me, miss...

Girl: Julia, Julia Nelson!

Skyler: Miss Nelson, I am a BOY stop calling me sister, Just because I have long hair doesn't mean I am a girl.

Julia: Ooh I am very sorry. That day when I first saw you from behind and thought you were a girl and when you didn't say anything after that I thought you were a girl.

Skyler: that was in the past but why even now?

Julia: First of all you are wearing red lipstick and your hair is wavy and parted in the middle because you probably had your hair in braids. So I was sure you are a girl. Sorry if I hurt you.

She just said that and left. I ran back into my room and checked myself I was wearing lipstick! How did I not notice it last night? then I remembered that I didn't lock the door in my room. It must be Sharla. I called her she was in the bathroom too.
After she came out I scolded her for the lipstick and told her my embarrassing incident of the morning & she was laughing so loud that my ears were paining. Then she said "I heard it all &, Wow you are just scolding me for the lipstick and not for the braids? That means you liked the long twin braids!? I knew it. Ohh are you blushing? You look so cute."
I couldn't say anything. As I was blushing and feeling shy at the same time and my sister was laughing.
Then she said "Ok enough of all this shyness like a little girl now go and get fresh and get your comb I'll braid it. And don't worry I'll only make a single braid for you this time."
I was a little disappointed when she said single braid but still, I was happy that she was braiding it again.

I quickly bought the comb. I was Like a girl when her mom asks her to get the comb. She started combing my hair and first she started with a parting. Some part of me wanted to resist but my other part of me just wanted it to happen.

She started combing my hair gently but firmly and now she started braiding my hair. All those emotions and sensations were rushing back to me again. Looking at me getting uncomfortable my sister said..."looks like u have a sensitive scalp."
I was shocked and said yes. She just laughed and continued braiding.
She was almost done when her phone rang "it's from work." she said and handed me the comb and asked me to comb the below part of the rubber band at the end of the braid and then she left.
I looked around and took the comb and started combing the ends of my braid like a woman after putting a rubber band on my braid. Time passed and it was an evening I was unconsciously playing with the ends of my braid and watching web series on my phone, Suddenly I heard a girl's voice calling me sister. Not Again! I thought to myself and turned and it was the pretty girl I liked from before.

Neighbor girl 2: hi sister! My Name Amber Hall I live in the next apartment with my friend. My friend said that she will leave the key with you.

My heart was beating very fast but I took courage and turned around I just smiled and silently went inside, bought the keys gave them to her. And she smiled said "Thank You!" and left.

I was at least happy sister wasn't around this time as she would tease me a lot.

up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos