Childhood Friends 4

Printer-friendly version

{NOTE: Images and links are used only as the reference to the character in the story}

Chapter 4: A Fun Meeting.

——– 4:00 PM Sunday ——–

“Ankit, SHALINI is here!” Shouted my mom.
“Send her to my room, I’ll need some more time,” I replied to mom. ‘I slept too long.’ I said to myself

“Hey there!” I said while I was combing my hair straight.
“Hi, you are not ready yet?” asked Shalini.
“Yeah, sorry for being late, I fell asleep while watching a movie with Neha,” I replied.

Ever since I returned home, I have been sleeping a lot more than before, I guess that’s why people say that ‘home is the most comfortable place ever.’

“I am almost ready it’s just the hair that takes time.”
“Yeah, I understand, take your time!” replied Shalini.

After combing when I started to braid my hair Shalini kept looking with her eyes wide open…It was getting awkward so I asked her
“Wh-What is it? Something wrong with the hair?” I asked clumsily
“Nothing is wrong, It’s am still not over the fact that you have grown your hair this long hair & you even know how to braid!” Exclaimed Shalini.
“I understand that it’s been 6 years since we met but still you need to get over this! & if you have hair this long you at least need to know how to braid your hair. Anyway, it’s just a simple side braid.”
“Having said that, I never thought you will braid it so quick & it looks soo GOOD.”
I actually, wanted to have my hair done in french or twin braid but because I was late I have gone with the simple side braid, her reaction to that would have been amazing.

“Haha thanks, now can you pass me that blue scrunchie near the laptop?” I asked Shalini while combing the ends of my braid.

After tieing my hair I stood up, put the braid on the front, and asked her “So how do I look?”

mn-removebg-preview.png
Ankit with his braid.

“Overwhelmingly…CUTE!” Shalini said with a smile on her face.

I made an angry face & she said “I was just Joking you look Great!

“Thanks, I hope others will also feel this way.”

I was excited yet nervous about how others will react after seeing me like this.

While looking at me Shalini asked, “Are you nervous?”

“A little…” I replied slowly while trying to sound happy.

“Ohh don’t be nervous, you look great, everyone will like you coming there,” replied Shalini in a sweet & soothing way.

Hearing this from her made me quite confident & happy. Still, I replied sarcastically. I quickly wore a jacket & said

“We’ll see! Now let’s go I am ready.”

On the way down we both said bye to my sister, as I was going to open the main door my mom stopped me…

“Here take this.” Said my mom while handing me down a bottle of sanitizer.

“Thanks, I almost forgot it.”

“Yeah, and Shalini…”

“Yes, Aunty?”

“Please take care of my Son, It’s been a long time since he came here & got out so for today lookout for my….”

I interrupted my mom & said

“MOM, I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!” My mom always embarrasses me like that.

“But still…”

“MOM” I replied embarrassingly.

I can see Shalini was smiling while I was getting pampered by mom.

“Ok, Ok now, get going both of you, it’s already late Bye! be Safe!”

Shalini got ready on her Scooty (motor scooter or Moped)

I quickly wore a mask & sat behind her. We both said our goodbyes to my mother & drove away.

I didn’t know which cafe or restaurant we were going to, so I asked Shalini, “So exactly where are we going?”

“All I know is that It’s a new cafe named “Cafe Blue Night” which opened near the mall on GM road.”

“Ok, so who planned all of this you?” I asked her curiously.

“No, it was Priya & Sana who planned & suggested the cafe,” replied Shalini while stopping at a red light.

“Wait, PRIYA is coming!” I said her name so loud that even Shalini was stunned.

“She is, isn’t she. You know how it was between us during school.”

“It’s going to be fine, actually you might be surprised, I met her when I was in college, she has changed quite a bit.”

“Hope you are right!” I was concerned because we were like water & oil, always used to fight on little things. We tried getting along but it was quite hard for us.

“You will see when you get there, by the way, I am still kinda surprised about you wearing a braid!” exclaimed Shalini.

Now I knew she was trying to change the topic to lift my mood but I still went along with it because I didn’t want to ruin our mood so I replied.

“So how did you expect me to wear them?”

“Umm, I thought you would wear a bun or something.”

“Maintaining a simple bun is difficult for me now as my hair is quite long now it is tough for me to handle it &…I kinda like braids,”

It was getting very hard for me to wear buns since I passed hip-length hair. If I try to wear them normally, it gets untangled easily cause of the weight.

After a few seconds, Shalini started giggling and said…

“You sounded so much like a typical long-haired girl there lol!!”

“Shalini!!” Sounding embarrassed.

” But I get it, it gets harder to wear a bun when you have hair longer than waist-length & braid suits you better.”

“Th-thanks, you really enjoy teasing me huh?”

“A little, you look cute when you are angry-embarrassed Haha!”

“YOU!!!” I started poking her.

“Hey! I am driving here!”

& just like that, we reached near the mall. We didn’t see the cafe nearby so Shalini called Sana to ask its location.

“The cafe is actually inside the mall, they all are waiting for us in the cafe,” said Shalini while parking the vehicle.

After parking our vehicle, we took the elevator as the cafe was on the 3rd floor. As we were approaching the cafe I was getting more and more agitated. Just then Shalini said something which made me more anxious.

“I am very excited to see how they will react when they recognize you!”

“Wait, you told them I was coming right?”

With a smile on her face, she shook her face sideways and said…

“I just said to them that I am bringing someone special!”

Damn, She hasn’t changed at all, she always tries to make me face things like that while she enjoys it. We reached the cafe & as soon as we went inside we both were overwhelmed by the atmosphere there.

Cafe blue night.jpg

Painted in Midnight blue the cafe was looking extremely beautiful in the evening, mix with the welcoming aroma of coffee beans.
Soon we were interrupted by a familiar voice…
“Shalini Here!”
We spotted everyone sitting near the large window and went there.
I was hiding behind Shalini while we were on the way to the table & as soon as we reached a table a girl with bangs & extremely straight long hair came from behind & hugged Shalini. As she hugged her every girl noticed it and got up.

“I missed you Shalini, it has been so long.” Said the girl with bangs as she hugged her.
“Oh! I missed you too Priya!”
When she said her name I was astonished! (I had my jaw dropped.) When she pulled back from the hug I had a good look at her.
‘Shalini was right!!’ I said to myself. She has changed so much more than anyone present there. The last I saw her was a photo of her when I used to use Facebook. She used to have shoulder-length hair & definitely no bangs. If I remember correctly she absolutely hated having long hair. Damn, she even looks kinda beautiful now.
I quickly composed myself when she asked Shalini…
“So who is she?” Again with the ‘she’, even in men’s clothes do I look like a girl to her.
“It’s a surprise I’ll tell you in a little bit, for now, let’s greet everyone.”
“Ok, Btw you look kinda familiar!” She said while looking at my face. I tried to adjust the mask on my face and tried to hide my face using the side hair.

Both of them greeted & hugged each other while I was recognizing everyone. It was kinda awkward that I was the only boy there because including Priya & Shalini there was a total of 6 girls.

As they were greeting each other I can hear them saying…
“Hey, Shalini who have you bought?” – Sana
“Yeah who is she?” said Nisha
everyone was asking her similar questions so she finally came around me then she brought me forward and said…
“First everyone let’s sit down!” said Sana.
As I was about to sit Shalini stopped me and said “Not you, not until they guess who you are.” said Shalini with a sly smile on her face. I was a bit tense but I thought it will liven up the mood so I went with it. (Took my mask off.)
“Well girls, Can you guess who is this?” Asked Shalini to everyone.

“Can’t you just tell us?” said Kajal.
“It won’t be fun then & I want to see your reactions!”
“At least give us a hint.” Asked Anushka.
“Ok then umm….yeah we were all in the same school.”
Then they started discussing themselves.
(In a low voice) I asked Shalini. “Was this all necessary?”
“Come on, It’s fun!”
“Yeah right!”

Suddenly Priya spoke up
“Your face feels very familiar but I still can’t get it.”
“Yeah me too…It’s weirdly familiar!” replied Nisha.
“Is it…Muskan?” said Kajal.
“No I have seen her recent photo & she doesn’t look or dress this way,” replied Nisha.
“Do you know all of us?” asked Sana.
I looked at Shalini & she nod her head.
I didn’t want to spoil the fun so I spoke with the girliest voice I can speak.
“Yes, Sana I know everyone here!” I replied.
Shalini was giggling when she heard me speaking in this voice.
That’s when I heard…
“No-No-No-No-No that possibly can’t be him!” Said Nisha with a shocking look on her face while looking at Shalini. (She put her hand on her mouth.)
“Can’t be possibly what, wait a min……ANKIT!!!!” (She got up from her seat) Priya said it so loud that even the security guard at door could hear him.
“WHAT, are you really?” Asked Anushka.
“Yes, it is me!!”
“Holy S**t!” exclaimed Kajal.

While everyone was still processing my new look, Shalini was having the best time of her life. I can see her controlling her laughter. Then she got up and said…
“You guys sure took a lot of time, now let us welcome the newly transformed Ankit.”

“OMG! I still can’t believe it!” said Nisha.
“Is that hair Real?” asked Sana while pointing towards my braid.
“Yup 100% Natural!” I replied.
“Can I touch them?” Said Sana while she was ready to touch them.
“Sure go ahead!”
When I said that everyone came near me and started checking my hair out.

Super_long_hair_photos_taken_by_hezhitengfei-removebg-preview.png

“They are so silky, looks like you took great care of them,” said Sana while holding my braid.
“They are not only silky but thick too, jeez I am Jealous of you now!” replied Priya with a smile on her face.
“And damn it’s quite long too!” said Kajal.
“Anushka, come here stand next to Ankit, & Ankit put your braid back.” requested Nisha.
When Anushka came near me, I quickly put my braid on my back.
“Now both of you please turn around.”
We did as she requested.
“See I told you, Ankit has longer hair than her,” said Nisha while pointing to my braid.
I was quite surprised when Nisha said it, I didn’t notice it before so I checked her hair and it was true. While the ends of my hair were almost to my knees, Anushka’s braid was just past her hips. (above her thigh’s)
“I knew it when I first saw his hair,” replied Anushka with confidence.
“Who would have thought that it will be Ankit who will beat you to it,” said Sana.
“Right, haha!” replied Shalini.

The thing was that from our school day’s Anushka always had the longest hair in our class & many girls tried to compete with her. Shalini and Nisha came close but were not able to grow their hair past hip length. I too used to envy her because of her hair length & thickness.

“What happened Priya? you’ve been quiet for some time,” said Shalini with a smile on her face.
I saw her face & she really was quite shocked seeing my hair.

“I am still kinda processing that he is Ankit because not even in my dreams, I would have imagined that Ankit will even grow his hair long, that too of this magnitude!” replied Priya with a brooding expression.

“I mean who would have, heck even I was at loss for words when I first saw him a few days back. “
Everyone nodded to her statement.

I looked at the waiter who was waiting for us, so I looked at my watch & said…

“Now-now it’s been more than 20 min now let’s order some food after that you can ask me as many questions you girls want.”

After the order for the food was given, the flood of questions was coming…

Shalini stopped them and said…”First of all, as a girl what do you think of his hair & how does it look on him?”
Anushka went first “They are absolutely beautiful, not only they are very long but they Silky Smooth too. His braid kinda looks like from the Shampoo/oil commercial we see!”
“And I don’t how but they suit his face too,” replied Priya.
“Yeah, he looks cute now, quite feminine but in a good way,” said Kajal.
That was the first time I heard someone say “Feminine in a good way” & didn’t know how to reply to this so I just said…
“Thanks, I guess.”

“She is right & it’s good that you don’t have any beard or mustache or it would not have looked as good,” explained Anushka.

I never was able to grow them at all, I asked my mother about it & she too said that even dad didn’t have proper facial hair. I guess my genes are like that.

“You know when I first saw you I thought were a tomboy girl because of the clothes lol! Said Kajal.
“If not for his clothes I don’t think I would be able to guess that it was you,” replied Nisha.
“Yeah when she said ‘HIM’ & looked towards Shalini, I knew it was you because the only boy Shalini will tease is you.”
Well, Priya was definitely right, Shalini is the only girl who would do something like this.

“But the main question is just why did you grow your hair this long?” Asked Sana.
“Yeah, Just why?” said everyone in unison.

Then I told everyone that I always wanted to grow my hair long for a long time but because the school didn’t allow us I never tried to grow them. (I didn’t tell them about the promise with Shalini.) While I was explaining this the food arrived. But they still were asking a lot of questions about me.

“Still Just how did you grow them this long, even most girls don’t grow their hair past waist length & you have them almost till your knees.” Said Anuska while eating a sandwich.
“& your hair looks so healthy too!” Replied Priya.

“I did not want to grow them this long, because of covid the salons were…”
“& here he goes again.” Interrupted Shalini.

“Ok, so what was your goal?”
When Priya asked me this everyone was looking at me and it made me a little embarrassed so I put my head down and slowly said “at least till hip length.”
“Huh, We can’t hear you?” Shouted Shalini.
“h-hip length at least” I fumbled.
When I saw the look on everyone’s face I was so embarrassed that for 2 min I was eating with my head down.
Then finally Sana spoke “Ankit…that is still long for a girl, let alone for a guy.”
“Right-right even I said the same thing,” replied Shalini.
“I…I know”
“Don’t get us wrong we are not against boys having long hair but it’s just the first time we saw a boy with knee-length hair.”
“That too this well maintained,” added Nisha.
(Everyone nodded.)
I never thought that Priya will speak up for me. Seeing that made me quite happy & comfortable.
“If not for the support I got for growing my hair I would never have grown them this long & I really love them like this.”

When I said that everyone had a smile on their face. After everyone was finished eating. Shalini ordered coffee for everyone. All of us started talking to each other about ourselves.

I talked with Priya…
“I got to tell you Ankit, I have never been so surprised in my life as today, I didn’t even recognize you!”

“I was surprised seeing you too, You look so different now even I was not able to recognize you.”

“haha, I get that a lot!”

Priya.jpg

“I mean look at that hair, & the bangs suit your face so much, It makes you look beautiful.” that just came out in the flow.
I can see she was embarrassed when I said…
“Sorry but it’s true.”
“Jeez thanks, you look great too!”
“Haha, Thanks!!” I said with I big smile.
& we both had a good laugh.
“Still didn’t you used to say that you hate having long hair?” I asked her.
“I used to say that didn’t I” (she let out a sigh)
“All I can say is some event led to this & now I hate short hair.”
I didn’t want to pry into it so I just laughed and said “good for you.”
“& I was kinda influenced by anime and Kdrama a lot so…”
“The bangs right!”
“Yeah!” replied Priya.
“Looks good on your straight hair though!”
“Thanks, you should try having them too!”
“NO, for now, this is enough for now.”
We both let out a laugh & everyone started looking at us.

Just like that, the coffee was over & we all went towards the counter to pay the bill.

“Sorry I have to go now, Help my mom with dinner.” said kajal.
“Yeah me too!” added Anushka.
“Wait a min we are coming too!” said Sana
“Sorry, we were not able to stay for long Shalini & Ankit,” said Priya.
“Don’t be sorry, we understand!” replied Shalini.
“Yeah!” I added.
“Next time we will make a plan for the entire day, & your attendance is compulsory!” Said Priya while pointing her towards me.
“I’ll definitely come, ma’am!” I replied.

“Promise you will, because we still have so many questions to ask about you,” said Anushka.

“I PROMISE!”

After that, we had a little talk on the way out and said bye to each other at the entrance of the mall.

“Damn what a day it way!” said Shalini.
“You’re telling me.”

It was an exhausting yet fun day. Everyone was so nice about the hair that I was very happy about it.

“By the end, it looked like you were now able to get along with Priya now,” asked Shalini.
“Yeah, she really has changed very much.”
“That she sure has!”
“BTW Shalini are you free for some time?” I asked her.
She looked at her watch and said “Yeah, it’s only 6:30, why?”

“I wanted to go to a Salon,” I replied.

“WHAT…..WHY?”

Hi Guys, Tomi here, hope you all enjoyed reading chapter 4 of childhood friends. I am Sorry if you feel the story is going slow it’s just that I don’t want to Rush the story & I want the crossdressing aspect to happen naturally.
Sorry for the delay stories like this takes quite some time to write.
Again Thank you for reading this and look forward to the next chapter.

up
54 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

No need to hurry, Thank you for the new chapter.

Great story!

There's no need to rush to get the next part out. Go at a pace that feels comfortable to you. I simply wait patiently and keep an eye on the new release page.