Sarah Carerra - 1.19 - She Really Is A Girl?

Printer-friendly version
It was becoming harder and harder to find the boy I had been. It seemed like every day Brett slipped further and further into the background.

Sarah Carerra
Chapter 19 - She Really Is A Girl?
by Megan Campbell
Copyright  ©2009 Megan Campbell
Released: January 25, 2010

Editor Note: The images used for this story were purchased and used under royalty-free license* from Istockphoto.com . ~Sephrena

Author Note: Please email me at AngelJediGirl (at) gmail (dot) com before posting this story to any other site. Posting to a pay site is prohibited.

Comments and suggestions are also welcome at the above email address.

*  *  *

Chapter 19 - She Really Is A Girl?

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and, well, happy. The realization of the previous night that I did want to stay as Megan was somewhat of a surprise, but it felt so right that I couldn’t deny it was what I wanted.

I walked out of my room and down the hall to the bathroom to take a shower. The hot water seemed to wash any desire I had to be a boy out of my body and down the drain.

When I stepped out of the shower, I was determined to be the best girl I could be. I’d skipped church last week, but that day I was going to wear a nice dress and show everyone there that I truly was a girl. If they didn’t like it, it was their own problem.

I finished drying off and wrapped my towel around me. I’d decided to not wash my hair, which meant I didn’t have to worry about drying it.

I opened the door and stepped out into the hallway. Austin was standing there, and I screamed at his unexpected presence.

Before I had the chance to do anything else, he reached for me, and pulled on my towel! I managed to grab it and prevent it from falling all the way off, but the top half of the towel was pulled away from my chest!

Austin and I stood there, staring at each other in shock! I couldn’t comprehend why he would do that to me! Austin, well, I don’t think he knew that I had budding breasts.

Recovering quickly, I managed to cover my chest with my hand and turn away from him. Seconds later I realized that I was facing the living room, and all of his friends were staring at me! I quickly turned the other way and rushed to my room, slamming the door behind me.

“Austin!” I heard my mom scream through the door. I knew that he would get what he deserved, but that didn’t make me feel any better. The only good thing was that the bottom part of the towel kept my secret intact.

I threw on my robe, which in hindsight I should have taken with me to the bathroom, and stepped back into the hallway.

Mom was really giving it to Austin. His friends at the other end of the hall were cringing at the telling off he was getting.

“Don’t you ever do anything like that ever again!” Mom screamed at him. Dad was there beside Mom, and he looked nearly as upset as she did. When Dad noticed me standing in the hallway he tapped Mom on the shoulder and pointed in my direction.

“Apologize to your sister!” she ordered Austin. Austin turned toward me, but he couldn’t look me in the eyes.

“I’m sorry, Megan,” he nearly cried. “They dared me to do it. I didn’t want... I didn’t... I didn’t know!”

I knew what he was talking about. Dad wasn’t even fully aware of the developments that my body had gone through. Only Mom and I were truly aware of what my body was doing. But that was no excuse!

“That doesn’t make it okay!” I screamed at him! I wasn’t ready to forgive him! He’d embarrassed me in front of his friends in nearly the worst possible way! The only thing that could have been worse was if the entire towel had come off, and that nearly happened too!

Mom threw me a warning look. She was obviously on my side, but that didn’t give me the right to yell back at him.

Not knowing what else to say, and afraid that I’d get in trouble if I insulted him some more, I kept my mouth shut.

“You two get ready for church,” Mom spoke after a moment of silence indicated the excitement was over. “I laid a nice dress on your bed, Megan.”

I nodded at Mom and stepped back into my room to get ready. Despite what Austin had done to me this morning, I still felt that staying as Megan was the right option, and I still had that desire to be the best girl that I could be.

Lying on my bed was a dress I had never seen before. It wasn’t one that Mom and I had purchased when we went shopping together, and it definitely wasn’t one of Sarah’s. But I realized that with a glam piece, it would fit perfectly into her wardrobe.

The dress was a soft yellow. It wasn’t quite pastel, but it wasn’t nearly as bold as a canary yellow either. It looked like a sundress, and was surprisingly light to the touch even though it seemed to be completely opaque.

I left the dress lying on my bed and turned toward my dresser and searched for some accompanying underwear. I ended up wearing a lacy white bra and panty set that not only made me feel feminine, it also emphasized the small breasts I had.

I slipped the dress over my head and took a look in the mirror. I couldn’t believe how good I looked in the dress! It was becoming harder and harder to find the boy I had been. It seemed like every day Brett slipped further and further into the background.

It was supposed to be a warm day, and while I knew Mom would probably want me to wear a pair of hose to church, I didn’t want to be burning up later on. I decided to risk trying the dress without any and looked in my closet for a pair of shoes. I couldn’t find anything that seemed to go really well with the dress, and ended up wearing a pair of white strappy sandals with a small heel. They seemed to work okay.

I then turned my attention to my makeup. I’d definitely improved my ability to apply it during the last week. I’d known the basics from my previous outings as Megan, but I’d learned a lot that week. Now, it was almost second nature, even if I still needed a lot more practice.

Once I was finished getting ready, I opened the door and headed for the kitchen. Mom usually made a small breakfast before church, and I was hungry.

The tapping of my heels on the linoleum in the kitchen alerted my family to my presence. They were all sitting at the dining room eating breakfast. One of Austin’s friends was sitting with them, wearing a shirt and tie. It looked like at least one of them was coming to church with us.

“You look nice, Megan,” Mom said. Dad was nodding in agreement. Austin still looked sullen, and his friend was staring at me like they all had the night before.

“She’s even hotter this morning!” I heard Austin’s friend whisper to him. My luck would mean that he was the one who found me attractive. They probably all did though.

“Thanks, Mom,” I told her, ignoring the other comments. I grabbed a plate and started loading it with the bacon, eggs, and toast that Mom had made for breakfast before taking a seat at the dining table.

“Did you meet Alex last night?” Dad asked, providing a name to the unknown boy I’d rather ignore. If he didn’t stop looking at me, I was going to dump my eggs down his shirt.

“No,” I replied, and glanced over at Alex. I caught him staring at me again and he blushed and dropped his eyes. “Nice to meet you.”

He didn’t say anything back, but I heard my mom chuckle at his reaction. He had turned quite red.

Throughout the rest of breakfast I caught him looking at me more than once, but he never spoke to me.

Eventually, I washed my plate, placed it in the dishwasher, and returned to my room to grab my purse and touch up my lipstick before joining my family for the ride to church.

*  *  *

There weren’t many people in the chapel when we arrived, and I followed my parents to an empty pew. Austin and Alex didn’t join us, instead sitting next to a man and woman I didn’t recognize and whom I assumed were Alex’s parents. That was fine with me; I’d had enough looks from him.

A few of the people whom we knew were looking at me as we took our seats, but they seemed to be more curious than offended at the way I was dressed. I was worried about the reaction of the others who attended our church, but I could only hope that the tolerance that was preached would be displayed in their actions.

“Megan!” Emily exclaimed a few minutes later when she sat down next to me and wrapped her arms around me. “I’m so happy to see you here!”

“I’m just happy to be here,” I told her. After what I had learned about myself last night, I didn’t want to dress up as Brett ever again. I was really not looking forward to school the next day.

“Mom! Dad!” Emily said as her parents sat down on the pew in front of us. “This is Megan!”

“Em,” I whined. “I already know your parents.”

“Yeah,” she agreed. “But they haven’t met YOU, Megan.”

My family had been living next door to the Prescotts since I was two. Emily and I had become friends almost immediately after we had moved into our house. Dan and Sharon Prescott were like second parents to me. It seemed silly to think that I was meeting them for the first time.

Both of Emily’s parents looked shocked to see me. I figured Emily had told them all about me, but I knew from personal experience that seeing the difference between Brett and Megan was pretty surprising.

Emily had met Megan many times before I started living nearly full time last week. But her parents had never met me. They knew my story and what happened in the accident, but I hadn’t ever been over at their house dressed up before.

“Wow!” Emily’s mom exclaimed. “You’re very beautiful!”

Her dad was nodding in agreement and I felt myself blush once again.

“I’m sorry, honey,” Sharon Prescott said. “Emily has told us all about you, but I never realized you were so beautiful.”

“Thank you,” I told her.

I could tell that she wanted to talk more, but it looked like the services were about to start.

“Would you like to come over for a light lunch?” Sharon asked me. “I’d like to get to know you better.”

“Sure,” I said, glancing to my own mother for approval. Her nod indicated it would be okay. “I’d like that.”

*  *  *

Chapter 20 - Lunch with the Prescotts
Coming Soon...
up
249 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Teen boys...

(more than teen girls - from what I've seen) are much more of a "pack" animal, and need to do what the pack decides needs to be done. The "DARE" being a good example. That said, refusing a dare doesn't always cause one to lose face in such "packs"... It always depends on how it's handled by the darer and the daree.

Megan DOES need to learn to have her robe with her though. While Austin's action is not excusable, Megan's not a sloppy boy, and as she discovered, the hard way, she has to protect herself.

I have difficulty imagining what would have happened to my brother, had he tried pulling such a trick on anyone in the house, much less a girl, specially with anyone else around. One thing for sure. The friends would have been immediately banished, and he'd have been grounded, and that's just for starters. IMO - Austin's had it VERY EASY, and probably doesn't really realize this.

Thanks,
Annette

Different kinds of packs

Teen boys rove as a pack for things that they are unsure of -- things they don't know if they are supposed to do or not. This means anything that is questionable, and for the most part things that they realize they would get in trouble either from adults or the authorities if they were to attempt them alone. To take the analogy further, they're lone wolves when it comes to social situations that they want to attempt that they are unsure of. Asking out someone on a date, finding out if they can do things well, etc.

Teen girls rove as a pack for things that they ARE sure of -- things they know they are proficient at, so that the ability of the other girls cover any inadequacies they might have without it being noticed. They are lone wolves when it's something for them that's questionable.

The girls do the lone wolf thing for things that the boys would pack up for and vice-versa.

Sarah Carerra - Chapter 19 - She Really Is A Girl?

Yes, I'd say that she is from her reactions in this chapter. But she now needs a gaffe that will simulate a woman's vagina to prevent any outing when she is in public, even though her chances of a display of arrousal is nil.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Another great chapter.

I agree with what Annette and Stan said. Girls have to be very careful, and I guess still being new to the girl playing field, Meagan has a lot to learn. Girls learn early how to be protective of anyone seeing their bodies, except for maybe the doctor and mother. This chapter had a lot of revelations and now we will see exactly how Meagan is accepted by her best friend's parents. Guess who's coming to dinner?

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

I'm so glad she met Emily's parents....

Andrea Lena's picture

...this is precious -
“Wow!” Emily’s mom exclaimed. “You’re very beautiful!”
Her dad was nodding in agreement and I felt myself blush once again.
This is important on so many levels. It's always nice to receive a complement, but this also helps affirm Megan through their immediate acceptance of her. And Emily's mother, having know Brett for years, still said that she wanted to get to know Megan better. An always great story gets better. Thank you.


She was born for all the wrong reasons but grew up for all the right ones.
Possa Dio riccamente vi benedica, tutto il mio amore, Andrea

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Don't worry

ALISON

'about her brothers teen friends---at that age they
are like 'clucky hens' and should be put under a tub
or given more cold showers!!.The lovely part for me
was the acceptance of Enily's Mum and Dad which to
my mind is priceless and a joy!!

ALISON

My best wishes to Sarah.

Things happen and we all must do our best to adapt to things. I know that there must be some injuries where a teens balls are wiped off. I don't know the incidence of them then becoming girls. I think the desire must be in the brain before hand. Myself, I think I would have welcomed such an injury in my youth. Gosh, no Military service for sure eh?

Of course then the Docs are gonna want to pump the kid full of Testosterone. I know a couple folks who actually had that done to them as children.

This is a really nice story.

Khadijah

Megan & Sarah

laika's picture

Nice that Megan has a life apart from the glitz & glamour of being Sarah Carerra. It's every bit as interesting, and for me somehow easier to relate to. Hopefully she'll be able to maintain an at least partly normal teenage girl's life, won't have paparazzi mobbing her when she tries to go to church, school, doing things with family & friends. I think most her would agree that her seeing herself as a girl, embrassing her identity as such makes her "really a girl", and brother Austin's got to learn that some of the horseplay he might have engaged in with Brett isn't cool now (he needs to give her a better & more meaningful apology), but I think he'll come to appreciate having Megan for a sister.
~~hugs, Laika

not to try and justify what he did

but is it possible that it was a bit of a cry for attention? I mean, his new-made sister is the "special one", getting the recording deals and everything, what does he have? Its not always easy to be in a famous sibling's shadow. Maybe even when hes getting punished, at least somebody is seeing him? Just a thought.

DogSig.png

wishing that i could pass as well megan

I wish when i was a teen that icould of passed as well Megan does and yes i this
is purley fictional fantasy, but still even i was born with 26"waist could fit into 9/10 dress
my facial hair(beard) was to thick and dark. even as a teen.
that why i love stories like this one.

I don't understand

Diesel Driver's picture

I don't understand this: "Eventually, I washed my plate, placed it in the dishwasher,". Why would you wash your plate then put it in the dishwasher? What's the point? I can see rinsing off the big pieces but washing it? Why bother with the dishwasher if you're going to wash it anyway? Is that a girl thing?

At least you don't have her "Patting" herself dry after her shower. I've read that in so many TG stories and while I'm no playboy I have known several women (more than 3) well enough to know the dry off pretty much by scrubbing with the towel just like I do. Actually that is better for the skin, helps with the exfoliation if you think about it.

Do brothers do stuff like that? I had 3 sisters and 2 brothers and none of us would have EVER considered doing what Austin did.

Chris in CA

Chris

Thanks a heap !!!

Cindy Lou's picture

I mean, I really need to sleep; and you've written too good a story. Then on top of the first dozen chapters last night, I had to journal to deal with my own inner Megan I'd begun to disbelieve... and lots of tossing and turning in the wee hours. Luckily I have my doll to.. umm.. to talk... ummm... like any boy does of course.

You have talent that touches my heart deeply... pokes my mind by playing to my opinion of boys in general. Isn't it wonderful that a girl gets a break when food shows up? Maybe it's in the divine plan that boys' on off switch can be flipped by pizza?

How this story can be believable when sooo much is happening so quickly is amazing; even knowing that the change has been going on for near a decade. What a treat you have given. Thanks!

(muah! you deserve it! :)

Meghan meet the world

World meet Megan it's going to be interesting how the world takes to Megan.