Love Story - Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

The silent treatment continued for two more weeks. During that time, I woke up on the couch, prepared and ate food alone, and went to work. She never saw me at mornings, never had food at home, came home after me and went straight to sleep. I kept expecting an intervention, possible divorce, career and home loss.

It was on the 18th morning, that I entered the kitchen to find my wife sitting at the table. She had made coffee for two, but it was untouched in the jar.

I paused by the kitchen entrance and she looked me in the eye.

"Why don't you have a seat". Not a question. I sat opposite her.

"I am sorry, I called you a pervert", she began. "I assumed a picture of you, like in the movies, of abnormal people committing unspeakable acts. But, I realized, that's not you." A pause. "Are you?", she asked me directly.

"No, I am not".

"Okay", she replied.

"Does this mean that you are not mad at me?", I asked.

"No, I am mad. Very. I am not entirely sure, if it's you I am mad at though."

"Alright, so, what now?", I asked tentatively.

"You need to talk about this. I need to understand. We need to understand this, whatever this is".

"Talk, as in talk with a therapist? Like try and become normal?"

"No, not with a therapist. With me. We both need to talk with each other. We don't need a third person to help with our marriage. Not yet"

"Okay, fair enough, I would like that"

She came over and gave me a hug. There were tears in her eyes. For a moment, my eyes missed over, too.

Letting go of me, she took my face in her hands, "This only means that I am not sure where this is going and I would like to find out. It does not mean that I will stay with you forever or will leave you. I have to figure some things out, too"

Taking her hands in mine, I say, "It hurts to not know. I am hoping you would stay. But let's figure it out together."

Returning to her seat at the table, she says, "So this is how it will work. We will talk daily for some time. I will process what you say and ask you more questions. Mark my words, this will test you more than me. It will put you in a place where you will want to lie. I ask you only one thing - always tell me the truth, no matter what. Deal?"

"I will take it. When do we begin?"

"Right now. Let's get comfortable", she said leading me to the living room, where she had arranged two chairs across from each other.

She sat on one, indicating I should take the other one. She had a notebook ready for noting down whatever she wanted to note down.

I sat and looked at her expectantly.

up
42 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

In many, many ways…….

D. Eden's picture

This reminds me of how things went with my spouse and family when I came out to her.

Not the arranged marriage or any of the cultural issues, but her reaction was much the same. The major difference being that we were not in the same house. As my job has me traveling quite a lot, we were hundreds of miles apart - not simply separated by a locked door.

We spent several weeks without any communication at all, not speaking, texting, or even e-mailing. I knew that she had contacted a lawyer to start divorce proceedings, and my own lawyer (a friend I had met during the early days of my looking at transitioning) had advised me to have zero communications with her - to keep everything between the lawyers.

After a few weeks of this, one of my sons texted me that she desperately wanted to talk to me and that she had told the lawyer to get lost.

So I called her, and we began talking.

That was nearly seven years ago, and we are still together.

Oh, and I have since transitioned completely. I have been living full time and legally as my true female self for that whole time.

Talking to each other, and being totally truthful is the key.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

In many many ways ...

Thank you, for taking an interest in my stories.

I wanted to write something based on real world. It generally doesn't end up with acceptance, as your story did. Especially, for those with auto gynephillia.

But, if it does, if both partners are able to work through, then it is very beautiful.

Love,
Tania