The Dance Coach -Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version


Chapter 5
Coming Out

The following Thursday morning Jayne arrived at Caroline’s, now much more at ease than when she had first visited Amanda. Following the successful outcome at Amanda’s, and now much more comfortable in her feminine role she was quite looking forward to starting work on the designs and planning for the renovation work. She didn’t even reach the door before Caroline came rushing out giving her a big hug.

“Thank you so much for the outfits Jayne. As I thought it would be, Charles was putty in my hands and you and I have a blank cheque to do whatever we decide between us. Come on in, we’ll have a cup of tea while I tell you all about it.”

After a long discussion during which Caroline was a lot more open about her relationship with Charles than Jayne was really comfortable with, they settled down to business, discussing the portfolio of proposals that Jayne had prepared using graphic design programs to prepare ‘before and after' images for the main rooms of the house based on the photos she had taken on the previous visit. Most of the ideas went down a treat but following the improvement in their love life, Caroline and Charles had a lot more exotic, or should that be erotic, proposals for the master bedroom suite, which Jayne was more than happy to incorporate.

“Right Jayne, let’s get this all put away, and I look forward to receiving your final proposals and budgets. Amanda and the girls are coming here this afternoon, do you mind giving me a hand sorting things out before they arrive, while I go and get changed and freshen up?” Sorting things out meant chilling or opening the wine to let it breath, opening up the delivery of the ‘pick and mix’ pastries ,sandwiches, and treats delivered from the local delicatessen, and topping up the espresso machine, nothing too challenging.

Amanda, Suzi and the others soon arrived and Jayne was greeted by them all as if they had known her for many years. After Caroline had finished telling them what she was going to do to the house, ‘with Jayne’s help of course.’ she regaled them with the full story of the milkmaid and Darcy evening she and Charles had wearing the costumes that Jayne had made, along with lots of photos of them in costume, before and after the event.

“Wow, do you do something like that for all your clients Jayne?” Suzi quickly asked.

“Not really, but requests can be taken to make your life more beautiful as part of the commission to make your house more beautiful. Have you any special requests Suzi?”

There followed long giggly discussions of the various fantasies of each of the girls or their husbands and partners, most of which were tantalising and teasing rather than over-erotic. Jayne could have outbid them all with the story of the transformation from John to Jayne, but decided to leave that for another day, if ever.

As she left and was walking to her car, Suzi came running after her, almost falling from her 5” heels. “Jayne, I didn’t want to say too much in front of the others, could you make some costumes for me, but I will need you to be very discreet about it and the others must not know.”

“I promise that it will be between you and me, to be honest I was a bit uncomfortable and embarrassed with how open some of the girls were in there, the wine was flowing freely, but as they say ‘in vino veritas’. You can trust me, what would you want Suzi,”

“This will sound strange but I was thinking about Peter Pan and Tinker Bell.”

“That’s not too strange.”

“Please do not laugh, but the problem is that Peter Pan would be for me and Tinker Bell for Jeremy, he has a bit of a fetish for that sort of thing.”

Knowing that she was the last person that should be surprised by such fantasies, Jayne managed to keep a straight face and just calmly replied “Send me details of your sizes and any particular preferences then leave the rest to me, and there is no need for any embarrassment, we all have our own little peculiarities.”

When Jayne got back home she mentally switched back to thinking as John and sat with a glass of wine considering Suzi’s request and how it related to his situation. Despite now living as Jayne for some months, having discovered another cross-dresser it made him question whether he was acting as Jayne purely as a business commitment or whether deep down he was now living out a feminine side to his personality that had never come to the surface before. Over dinner that evening he raised the subject with Kathy, telling her about the request from Suzi and Jeremy anyhow it had made him think about what he was doing.

“Do you consider yourself as a man dressing as a woman, or do you see yourself now as a woman that is still partly a man?”

“Sometimes when I am getting on with my work or out with the dance team as Jayne, that is who I become, how I think, and how I act. But there are many times when we are sitting quietly at home watching TV or reading, I view things and think as a man would. For the immediate future I have too many projects lined up to drop my Jayne persona and it would be too difficult switching back and forth between Jayne and John. Unless I make a decision to return to being John with all the implications that would have for my clients, I can’t see a serious alternative to remaining as Jayne.”

“Whatever you decide to do, do not rush into it. Very few people know that Jayne is really John, and those that do accept it, or even forget about it and consider you as a woman. Don’t worry about me, I can live with you as Jayne or John. Like most male interior and fashion designers you have always had a bit of a flamboyant feminine streak, not too camp, but you are not exactly a butch rugby front-row forward either. I like that part of your character, it’s what attracted me to you in the first place. Let’s leave that discussion for another day, now what are you going to do about Suzi’s costumes?”

“I had a look on google and there are lots of places selling the costumes they want, but most of them are quite flimsy and only meant to be worn once or twice at a party or whatever. I think that if she and Jeremy like what I provide, then the chances are that they will get a lot of use, so I will pull together some outfits based on those on sale but make them much better quality.

For the next two weeks Jayne worked on the proposals for Caroline’s house, drew up the designs, finalised a budget for the work and for her fees, and sent them off for approval by Caroline and Charles. When she arrived for her meeting with Caroline there was already a signed contract sitting on the table giving the go-ahead for Jayne to start to organise things.
“Everything is fine, well most of your proposals are wonderful, but we would like to spice things up a bit more with the bedroom decor, maybe subtle hints at our ‘Dairy-maid and Darcy’ nights. But that’s all to do with the soft-furnishing and room dressing rather than the refurbishment and main decorations, we can work on that as we go along. We’re all meeting at Suzi’s today, are you coming along, you know us all well now and you are part of our little group?”

Jayne was now totally comfortable with all the other girls and enjoyed the afternoon with them listening to their gossip, and it was soon time for everyone to leave, but Suzi asked her to stay for a while to discuss a few things.

“Before you start Suzi I have the costumes you asked for in the car, let me fetch them and you can tell me what you think.”

“That is what I wanted to talk to you about. Jeremy was a bit cross with me for letting you know his secret and is worried that it will all get out. He’ll be back soon and would like to talk to you about it, have you got time to stay for a while?”

“”Suzi, you honestly have nothing to worry about. While we are waiting for him I’ll get the costumes and you can try on the Peter Pan one to see how it fits.”

Ten minutes later Suzi came back into the room dressed as Peter Pan, in a belted fitted lined short green tunic with a plunging neckline and triangular sawtooth edges to the skirt hem and sleeves, along with the green tights and the green and red triangular cap. For a moment Jayne’s brain went into John mode, and she thought that if that outfit did not do the trick, something must be wrong with Jeremy, whether or not he was dressed as Tinker Bell.

“Wow, you look delectable in that, I’m sure that Jeremy will love it, and it’s a perfect fit, hugging you in all the right places.”

“I’l keep it as a surprise for later, and go to get changed before he arrives.” Suzi giggled as she walked upstairs with a sway of the hips that Jayne had not seen as part of her character before.

While Suzi was still getting changed, Jeremy turned up and looked embarrassed as he walked in and saw Jayne. He looked a normal, if slightly small man, with no sign of any effeminacy or traces of his other self.

“Jayne, it’s good to meet you at last, Suzi has told me a lot about you, I just wish we had met in a less embarrassing situation. I was disappointed with Suzi when she told me that she had asked you to make a Tinker Bell costume for me, my occasional cross-dressing is very much an in-house occurrence, nobody knows about it, not even my family, and it could cause real problems for me professionally if it ever became public knowledge. Can I trust you to keep this a secret.”

At that post Suzi returned and after giving Jeremy a greeting kiss, sat down beside him.

“I see you have started without me. Jayne, I can only stress what Jeremy has just said, not only would it be embarrassing for him, but I am frightened about how Amanda, Caroline and the other girls will think of me accepting his fantasies.”

Jayne was deep in thought and after a moment he made a decision, took a sharp breath and looked up at them.

“You have nothing to worry about and to reassure you I will let you into a secret of mine. I am not who I appear to be, I hope it will not shock you when I tell you that I too am a man so I am unlikely to let out your secret as it could have serious repercussions for me if my other clients and potential clients got to know about it.”

Jeremy sat in stony silence, and Suzi looked at Jayne in amazement with wide eyes and a dropped jaw.”

“Thank you for trying to stop us worrying, but I don’t believe a word you have just said.” Suzi was the first to react, “I’ve known you for months and have seen and heard you with the other girls, there is no way that you are not a woman, you are far too feminine for that.”

“Thank you for that Suzi, but it’s true, I could prove it by stripping off, but I have no intention to do that and you will just have to take my word for granted. I’ll go for a walk around your garden for a few minutes to let you have a talk, give me a call when, or if, you want me to come back in.”

About ten minutes later Suzi came out to get Jayne, but before saying anything gave a big hug with tears in her eyes.

“That must have been so hard for you to tell to us Jayne, and I still can’t believe it, you will always be Jayne to me. Come back inside and tell me a bit more about yourself, Jeremy has gone out of the way for a while to give us a bit of a chance for you to tell me your story.

For the next half-hour , interrupted by lots of questions and comments Jayne told her how it had developed in training sessions with the Morrisettes, then confusion when Amanda first called with her enquiry about refurbishing Edge Lodge and how it all spiralled from there to get deeper and deeper into John becoming Jayne, both at work and socially with the dance team.

“Once Amanda had got to know you, you should have told her who you really are, she really liked the work you did and I’m sure that she would have just laughed it all off.”

“The problem is that I don’t know who I really am anymore. It has just become so normal for me to get dressed as Jayne, slap on a bit of makeup and just get on with things as if it is what I had been doing all my life. I am even Jayne when I am working from home by myself, I can’t remember the last time that I presented as John.”

“Well, all I can say is that you are making a really good job of it, even though you have been with the group of us at our afternoon girl-sessions you have never once shown any signs that you are not who you appear to be, the other girls will be as shocked and surprised as I am if they ever find out.”

“Let’s hope they never find out, I promised to keep secret Jeremy’s dressing up, and you promised to do the same about me.”

They were interrupted by the door opening and in walked Jeremy, or rather in walked Tinker Bell wearing the outfit that Jayne had brought. Although he looked a bit awkward , he was quite believable in the lime-green satin body-hugging ruched dress which was not much more than a halter-top bathing suit with a modesty panel skirt and matching starched gossamer wings. He had added sparkly opaque tights , obviously wearing a body shaper which pushed up the realistic looking breasts, which looked like they were trying to escape from the top of the cups. The look was completed by a wavy shoulder-length blonde wig and full make up.

“Wow Bel, you look amazing, I can’t call you Jeremy as long as you look like that. Give us a twirl so we can see the full view.” Jayne managed to stutter out, Bel was even more convincing than Jayne felt that she was.

“Thank you so much for this Jayne, I’m looking forward to seeing how Suzi looks as Peter Pan. I’ll just go and get changed again and will be back soon.” Bel’s voice had even changed to a much for feminine lilt. “ Suzi, you must invite Jayne to stay for dinner, I would like to talk with her a lot more.” Bel left leaving Jayne and Suzi a bit awe-struck.

I wasn’t long before Bel returned but this time she was dressed in a scoop neck red cotton top and matching floral skirt. “By the way Jayne, Bel is purely for Suzi and I in private, I prefer to be known as Fiona or Fi when I am dressed like this.”

Jayne stayed for the meal and for a long chat with Fi afterwards. It felt strange to Jayne that she was talking to a man presenting as a very attractive woman and she realised how the girls in the Morrisettes must have felt the first time that she went out with them.
It was getting late when Jayne finally arrived home and barely had time to chat to Kathy about the day she had, and was particularly keen to tell about Suzi and Jeremy in their costumes. She recounted Jeremy’s childhood and how he developed at a young age a liking for wearing his sister’s clothes, leading to his now frequent times as Fiona in the privacy of their own home.

“John, once the girls got to know you, you started to become very comfortable as Jayne and now it’s sometimes hard for everyone to think you as a man, to them you are Jayne just another member of the dance team. Maybe Fiona needs to mix with people more, and get out of the house. Next time that you all meet up invite her and Fiona, and I stress Fiona, around for a meal sometime. It will do Suzi a world of good talking to me and how I have come to accept you as Jayne, and it will help Fiona to realise that she is not alone.”

When Jayne was in Alderley Edge a week later to discuss the refurbishment with Caroline she took Suzi to one side and asked if she and Fiona would like to come over for a meal, and told her that in a couple of weeks the Morrisettes would be performing in he summer festival at Bramall Hall, not too far away and that it would be good if they could meet up there and let her and Jeremy meet Kathy first.

It was a typical village fete, bands, displays, produce stalls, dog show and an opportunity for the locals to meet up in the grounds of the historic mansion, now open as a museum. The Morrisettes gave two performances of traditional Morris with a finale of the contemporary routine by Laura, Mel and Amy, and they were all sitting afterwards having a refreshing glass of beer when Jayne noticed Suzi coming over towards them with another woman who she did not immediately recognise. Realising that Jayne’s friend was really Jeremy, or more correctly Fiona, looking very comfortable is a floral summer dress, she left the group and went over to them.

“Hi, did you enjoy the show?’

“Wonderful, you were all even slicker than when you performed at Amanda’s party. Most of the villages around here have some sort of summer event, and from what we’ve heard you are going to get a lot more bookings.” Fiona surprisingly answered before Suzi, showing no sign of the shyness and reticence that there had been when Jayne had first met her.

“I’m having a drink with the girls on the team, would you like to join us and meet Kathy.”

“Thank you but no. It’s Fiona’s first time out in public and it will probably be too much too soon to be in with a crowd, but call Kathy over, I’d like to meet her.” Suzi replied for them.

Kathy came over when Jayne beckoned her and was shocked .when she was told who they were.

“Pleased to meet you both at last, Jayne has told me so much about you, and I must say Fiona that you are looking stunning, I would never have guessed about you.” Kathy gave a big smile as she complimented Fiona and gently patted her on the arm.

“Unless you came together with the other Morrisettes, pop over to the house later and we’ll get to know each other better. We’ll leave you to enjoy the day with your friends and we’ll go off and see the sights.” Fiona invited Jayne and Kathy with a charming smile.

As they returned to the Morrisettes Jayne noticed Amanda and Caroline walking towards Suzi and Fiona and was glad that Kathy and her had left when they did as she was sure that there would be a lot of explaining and discussions going on between the four of them.
.
On the way back home Kathy and Jayne had a long talk about how brave Fiona was, not being afraid of being seen in public anymore. Although the Morrisettes and most of their husbands knew about Jayne, it was not otherwise common knowledge and the conversation. drifted as to whether it was now time for Jayne to be more open about who she really was.

When they arrived home the discussion took a sinister turn as there was an envelope pinned to their door with the words ‘PERVERT TRANNY’ in large capitals written across it,

To be continued.

up
100 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sooner or later . . .

Emma Anne Tate's picture

Sooner or later, the haters show up. Sigh. And everything had been going so very well!

Nice cliffhanger, Gill!

Emma

The haters

You're spot on Emma. Anyone with strong views on controversial issues is nowadays an easy target, whether it is to do with politics, religion, race, economics or lifestyle choices. All the firewalls on the web and dark web allow people to spread their disagreements and turn them into hatred and offensive behaviour without them having the courage to stand up and be counted for their convictions. It is a year of elections, US, UK, France, EU and many other places and the venom being passed around is everywhere , what happened to reasoned political debate?

Soapbox rant over. Thank you very much for your comment Emma, they are always appreciated.

photo-1592621385612-4d7129426394_1710612803242_0.jpg

Gill xx

Fashion Designer, Remodel Extraordinare

BarbieLee's picture

Who would have thought the two professional fields would be compatible? The open mind is a dangerous thing to those with a closed mind. One sees no or very few barriers in life and approaches life as a "can do attitude". Live and let live is usually their mindset. The other sees nothing but rules, regulations, and barriers. Anyone who trespasses what they perceive as normal society is a threat. Everyone and everything is a threat to them as they are always perpetually offended by those who don't conform and be like themself.

Jane rocked someone's cage whom is self appointed keeper of societies soul and guardian to prevent humanity from falling into Hell. What better way to protect humanity than attack the "spawn of Satan"? Only like all self righteous guardians of all that is good, the coward doesn't expose his or her self directly in case of contamination. Obviously being a golden knight guarding the very soul of humanity doesn't require personal confrontation.

Now all we need to quickly bring this to a smashing roust of said golden knight losing his or her armor is for the door camera to have caught our not so brave coward doing the deed.
Hugs Ms. Chambers, knowing you, I don't guess there is any hope of Mr. or Mrs. Perpetually Offended is run over by a bus, ambulance, or possibly a train, police?
Barb
Life is a gift meant to be lived, not worn until it's worn out.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

After I fully transitioned

Dee Sylvan's picture

I often wondered when I was going to get the same hateful message, but it never happened. I just assume that everyone knows that I am trans, but with few exceptions, everyone treats me like a lady. The two exceptions were on two separate occasions when I was substitute teaching kindergarten classes. The little five-year-old boys said to me, "Are you a boy?" I simply said, "No, I've always been a girl." The boys shrugged, and that was it.

I hope Jayne makes it through the crisis as a stronger, more confident woman. As our brilliant author is pointing out, our two-spirited heroine has the best of both worlds from a man and a woman's perspective. As we are seeing, there is no split personality, only a sensitive, gifted person that people are attracted to for their inner beauty and intelligence. Another awesome chapter, Gill. :DD

DeeDee

There's Always One

joannebarbarella's picture

Who has to rain on someone else's parade. For the life of me I cannot see any pleasure in ruining somebody else. The pursuit of happiness is forbidden for those who are not conforming with those strict moral rules.

Jayne is not doing anybody any harm, and it is very unlikely that any of the Morrisettes is the perpetrator, so which of the circle of the ladies is it likely to be? Or could it be Fiona trying to divert attention away from herself?

Enquiring minds can't wait to know!

RAIN ON THE PARADE

Many thanks for your much appreciated comments, Barbs, Dee, and Joanne. As you all have said in your own ways, there is always going to be a party-pooper, someone who delghts in spoiling other peoples enjoyment. Jayne has brought a bit of joy into the lives of many people, her dance team, their audiences, her clients, and those enjoying new fantasies. What harm has she done to justify abuse?
I really appreciate it when the readers identify with and empathise with my characters, it shows that I must be doing something right.

photo-1592621385612-4d7129426394_1710612803242_0.jpg

Gill xx