Robbie's Revelation Chapters 10-12

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 

Continuation of Robbie's story, as friends, family, and maybe even fate
continue him on his path of discovering who he, or she, really is.

Robbie’s Revelation
Chapters 10 - 12

By Rebecca Jane
Copyright© 2016 Rebecca Jane
All Rights Reserved.

Author's Note: Thank you everyone that is following my story, the feedback is greatly appreciated.These are the last three completed chapters, so now you will be caught up to where I am. The rest of the chapters will be posted one at a time after this. ~Rebecca


 
 
Chapter 10
 

The rest of the way home I kept thinking about that one question that Alicia had asked me. Are you gay? I had never thought about that, or let myself think about that. I had truly believed that I would be alone the rest of my life since I thought that I was a guy, even if my body wasn't. I had fully never intended to let anyone get close enough to me, figure it was better to be alone than rejected. I was still deep in thought about that question when I walked in the house and found Mom sitting in her easy chair watching TV.

“Hey, how was the study session?” she asked.

I shrugged, because I still didn’t know if I was happy or upset to think about the evenings events. “I don’t know Mom.” I proceeded to tell her about some of tonight, but couldn’t manage to tell her about the kissing and how it made me feel, I also left out the worry I was having about being gay, straight, or whatever I was.

“Do you regret telling her what you did?” Mom asked.

“No I’m not, I mean... I needed to let her down, but without hurting her feelings. I wanted to tell her everything, but I couldn’t… I was too afraid…”, I replied, trailing off lost in my thoughts.

“Baby, while you were trying so hard not to hurt her, you were also afraid of her hurting you if I’m not mistaken. You like her, don’t you?” She asked softly. I wasn’t sure how to answer that at first. Thinking about it for a few moments I finally responded.

“I know I shouldn’t, but I think I really do. I’m just so confused right now. I’m a girl, who still thinks of herself as a guy, who likes another girl. Does that make me straight, gay, or something completely different?” I tell her.

“Baby, aside from the whole boy girl thing, you like someone who likes you back. That sweetie simply makes you human, forget about the other stuff right now okay.” She says softly while smiling gently at me.

I couldn’t help but smile at her for that, and got up and firmly hugged her while she sat in her chair. “Thanks Mom, I needed that. I love you.”
“I love you too sweetie”, She said while hugging me back.

Lying in bed later that night it felt like my mind was running a marathon trying to decide just what my orientation was. I was trying to figure out the whole are you gay question. I knew I was attracted to Alicia, but I didn’t know why. She was beautiful I knew that, but thinking of other girls who were just as pretty didn’t really do anything for me. It appeared I wasn’t attracted to girls physically, so I started trying to imagine guys who I thought would be considered attractive. I ran through several in my head with nothing sparking my interest. I am attracted to Alicia but not to other girls I know, and definitely not any guys I could think of. Realizing I was making no headway on this, I started thinking about Alicia and the way she had kissed me. Immediately I started getting that warm feeling, and a tingly sensation started in several different areas of my body. I had fought against my body for so long, I had never let myself feel this way. For the first time in my life while I was lost in the moment, I let my hands explore. At first I was scared, but before too long it just felt too damn good, after a while I was rewarded with my very first, well I’ll just OH MY GOD!!! Lying there relishing the after effects of the experience I finally drifted off to sleep thinking why have I fought this for so long.

Waking up the next morning I was strangely refreshed and calm, which was a very new feeling compared to the anxiety I normally felt every day. Maybe last night’s release was beneficial for more than just the feelings I had experienced in the moment. Thinking about what had happened, left me feeling both excited and embarrassed.

Walking to my first class I kept trying to evaluate people as I passed them to see if I thought they were attractive or not, or if I felt anything for each person I looked at. Walking into Biology I was just as confused as ever, nobody I had passed, even though if I could say they were attractive or not, had done anything for me.

“Morning Casanova” I heard Jen say to me as I sat down.

“Huh? What?”, I say confused by the new nickname.

“I thought I told you to be careful last night, Alicia called me after you left.” She told me, looking concerned.

I immediately started blushing at finding out she knew what happened. “Look I didn’t try to do anything but help her study, everything sort of just happened.

“She likes you Robbie, a lot. I just don’t want to see either of you get hurt.” She said.

“Neither do I, I tried to tell her we couldn't be more than friends. I even told her some of why I can’t. Did she not tell you that?” I asked.

“No she didn’t, she just told me that you two were going to take it slow. What all did you tell her? Wait lets just talk about this when you drive me home okay?”, She all but whispered to me.

“Great… Ok we’ll talk then.” I said worried about what Alicia was thinking. I couldn’t imagine why she would still be interested in me, I figured that if she knew that we could never be physical with each other that she wouldn't want to be more than friends. I just hope I can convince her somehow that we can’t be a couple, and not hurt her any more than I have to.

Classes went by as normal as possible, which meant they were boring at least until lunchtime. I found myself at our normal table sandwiched in between Jen and Alicia.

“How’d the test go?” I asked her.

“Think I’m the only one in the class who aced it. Thanks to my study partner.” She grinned and leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. “Thanks so much”

Even that nothing of a kiss on the cheek was enough to make my skin tingle again and I got chill bumps all over. “Alicia you really didn’t need my help, you were rocking those problems all on your own.” I tell her trying to keep from blushing. The other girls were looking at us and smirking, I have a feeling that this is going to get much worse before it gets better. Since she told Jen about last night I was wondering who else in the group knew as well.

The rest of lunch was more mundane, other than Alicia sitting just a bit closer to me than normal and that she kept flashing me that smile that made my insides start doing somersaults. As we get up to leave the table she gives me a hug and another light kiss on the cheek and tells me, “Just remember what I said, when you’re ready okay. Thank you again for your help.”

Noticing Jen still standing there just staring at me with that I told you so look on her face I just say, “Not now okay. We’ll talk this afternoon.” She nods and gives me a sideways hug and then leaves me just standing there on her way to class. Feeling defeated I gather up my stuff to finish up the last half of my school day.

On the ride home, I tell Jen exactly what happened last night and what I told Alicia. Finishing up the story by the time we got into her living room she all of a sudden starts giggling.

“What is so funny?”, I ask her.

“I just realized something, I think that a lot of the things that Alicia likes about you are the things that are definitely not masculine about you. How you talk to her, and treat her.” She finally tells me.

“Do you have any idea how she is going to react when… well everything does come out?” I ask.

“I honestly don’t know, but if she does care about you we can at least hope that she won’t be ugly about it. It all depends on how hurt she gets though.” Jen tells me.

“Jen the last thing I want to do is hurt anyone by doing this, I just can’t keep living the way I’ve been. Just surviving was getting harder and harder.” I say drifting off, trying not to think about how dark my life had truly gotten right before I told Jen the truth.

“I know Rebecca,” She tells me smiling at using that name, which I can’t help but smile back at her. “To change the subject, I’ve talked to my mom and we have a few ideas about how to start being out and about around here as Rebecca. We’ve come up with a few ideas, and even picked up something that would help.”

“Am I going to regret this in any way?”, I ask just slightly nervous. While her plans usually work, they still terrify me most of the time.

“Maybe just a bit, but I think you’ll enjoy it in the long run.” She tells me smirking.

“Oh God, fine go ahead and lay it on me.” I sigh.

“Okay first off I want you to spend the night this Saturday night, even if its just us two I want you to have a sleepover.” She says smiling softly. I can’t help but give her a hug when she continues. “You might want to hear the rest before you hug me, Sunday you, and I mean you Rebecca, will go to church with us.”

“Wait a minute, we go to the same church!” I start to say before she interrupts my outburst.

“Right and that’s why you’re going with us and not your parents. You will sit with me and we’re only like two pews from your mom and step dad. No one will know that you belong to them.”

“Jen it won’t work, my hair is still short enough someone will figure it out! Or do you have a plan for that too?” I blurt out. Smiling she gets up and motions for me to follow her, when we get to her room she reaches into her closet and pulls out a box and hands it to me. My curiosity is in full force now so I slowly open it and find a long haired blonde wig, a bit lighter color than my hair at least.

“It’s a decent quality wig, while synthetic it still shouldn’t be noticed as a wig. No one will recognize you. I can introduce you as my friend Rebecca and no one will ever know unless you tell them. If you don’t believe me try it on and let’s see.” She tells me gently.

I’m torn, I’m excited to see if this will work but also frightened of getting my hopes up in case it doesn’t. I’ve come this far though so I just simply nod okay. She starts pulling out some clothes that would fit me and I start stripping off my Robbie façade. This is beginning to get way too comfortable for me, sitting here in Jen’s room in nothing but my panties while she throws clothes at me to wear. After putting on the bra, skirt, and top she throws at me, she has me sit down so she can do my makeup. Once that is finished she then starts combing my hair down and pins on the wig, having me face away from the mirror as usual I’m about to die to see the finished project. Finally, once she's done she has me turn around and even though I know what I normally look like as Rebecca I’m blown away by the girl with the long hair in the mirror.
“Oh wow Jen!” Is all I can say, as stunned as I was. I immediately started thinking this could really work. She just sits there smiling with that same old I told you so look she is getting used to making lately. Handing me some shoes to go with my outfit, she tells me lets go downstairs and wait for Mom. She has to almost drag me from the mirror, I was so transfixed.

Getting downstairs we find no one is home yet so she fixes us some drinks and we sit talking in the kitchen as she tells me more of her plan. It makes me just a bit nervous but from what I just saw, I start thinking her plan might just work, unless I chicken out. I know Jen won’t let me though, I’m mostly thankful that she won’t.

After about twenty minutes of talking her Mom walks in and does a double take with me once she realizes it’s just me.

“Oh wow, Rebecca! That wig looks so much better than I thought it would.” She says as she comes and gives me a hug. “So what are you two ladies doing this evening?”

Jen just grins as she says, “I was hoping you’d let us borrow your car this evening. I was wanting to take Rebecca out some and, umm show her off. You know how her car sorta stands out”

“Huh? Tonight wasn’t any part of the plan!” I immediately start complaining.

“Shush! Why not? I would hate to waste all this hard work for nothing.”, She giggles. I just sit there flabbergasted, I mean she wants to go show me to people I already know. How in the hell is that going to work out?

“I think that would be a wonderful idea, just you know it’s a school night so you’re back no later than 10PM.” Her mom tells us. “Rebecca do you have a curfew?”

“Not really, Pop told me when I got my driver’s license that he figured I was old enough to know when I should be in, no matter how late I stayed out I would still be getting up for school. Of course until recently the only time I left the house was for our study sessions here or to go on my runs, so I’ve never really tried to push it.” I tell her.

“Well its only 5:30 why don’t we go hit the mall and then go grab something to eat?” Jen suggests. I know she means the mall in Columbus since Starkville doesn’t have anything other than a strip mall and almost all its stores are closing up as we speak…

“Fine, it’s not like you’ll let me back out of it anyway.” I mutter.

“Hah, that’s the spirit!” Jen exclaims laughing. She gets the keys and hands me a jean purse to put my stuff in and we’re off to the mall. I started wishing Columbus was more than 25 minutes away so we wouldn’t have that much time to spend there. No such luck for me though. We made it there by no later than 6:15 so we had plenty of time to kill, lucky me.

We had parked by the JC Penny end of the mall so we started off there. I was so nervous for the first half hour I kept feeling that everyone that would glance at me could easily see me for a fake. I knew that was not the case, I was and looked every bit a sixteen-year-old girl. After a while of Jen pulling out clothes and holding them up for me I started to relax and actually started having fun. We had made it through about three stores when we finally bumped into someone we knew. It was Holly, the same Holly that we sat with every day at lunch. I tried to not look as surprised as I know I felt, or as nervous as I knew I was. Holly saw Jen and smiled and then looked confused as she looked at me, like she was trying to place me.

Jen said, “Holly this is my friend Rebecca, Rebecca this is my friend Holly. Rebecca is a friend from church and we were just hanging out a bit tonight.”

Holly, still looking at me said, “Nice to meet you Rebecca. You look really familiar, have we met before?” She was shaking my hand as she said this and I was too terrified to speak.

Jen came to my rescue, “She lives near Starkville but has lived outside the city limits but you’ve probably seen her around town.” Realizing the reason that she said out of the city limits would be to explain why she hasn’t seen me in school, you had to live in town to go to the public High school.

I was nodding, thanks to Jen starting my cover story I was able to finally say something though, although I was having to consciously use my natural voice. Being around Holly, my subconscious was trying to make me drop it to my lower register… “Yeah I’ve probably seen you around town, you look familiar too.” I smiled at her, starting to feel less nervous as I realize that she can’t place me as Robbie.

“Oh cool! So, what are y'all doing over here tonight?” Holly asked, seemingly appeased by our answers.

“Just getting out of the house a bit and well of course the mall Duh!!” Jen said laughing, which I joined in giggling.

“Yeah I don’t get out much and Jen was nice enough to come pick me up to get me out and about.” I said.

We all then just sort of hit it off, once I had relaxed enough to be around Holly. The next hour had us running through 4 more stores and we ended the night having some frozen yogurt for dinner at the TCBY in the mall. It had been a really fun night, well once I had gotten over my initial anxieties and relaxed at least. As we were leaving the yogurt place, Holly gave me a hug and invited me to her Halloween party at the end of the month. Jen had already been planning to go and I, as Robbie, had already declined. I had been living a disguise for so long and just wasn’t in the Halloween spirit… I was planning to decline as Rebecca as well, but Jen beat me to the punch and accepted for me, just telling her we both will be there. I was too surprised to say anything, but just nodded and waved goodnight to her. The ride back home was in silence; I was trying to absorb just what Jen had gotten me into and Jen just let me sit there in my thoughts. Everyone at Holly’s party I would know from school, I was really afraid Jen was getting me in way too deep way too soon.

We got back to Jen’s around 9 that night, getting up to her room I was still in shock at what she had gotten me into.

“Jen how could you do this? There will be no way I can pull this off in less than two weeks.” I say as I sit down on her bed frustrated.

“Rebecca, you’ll do fine. Just look at tonight okay. Yeah you were nervous at first, but after a while you relaxed and it was just us three girls out shopping and having fun.” She told me as she sat down next to me putting her arm around my shoulders. “Look, Holly knows Robbie and she didn’t have a clue that you were him. Because you’re not him anymore, you know that, don’t you? This is the real you, at least when you quit being afraid and just be her. I’ve always loved my best friend Robbie, but you know I love my best friend Rebecca just as much. Maybe even more so when she's brave enough to be herself.”

Sighing, I softly say to her, “I don’t feel brave though, I’m scared almost all the time now. When I’m trying to be Robbie I’m afraid someone will see Rebecca and vice versa when I’m trying to be Rebecca.” I lean in and put my head on her shoulders.

“Rebecca but don’t you see? Being afraid and still going through with what you’re doing is what bravery is all about. Doing things that you’re not afraid of isn’t brave. You’re like the bravest and strongest person I know.” She says as she kisses my cheek.

I slightly laugh, “Hey this person you’re talking about sounds pretty amazing, maybe you can introduce me to her sometime.”

She glares at me for a second before she realized I was just teasing her, then she grabs a pillow and tries to smack me with it laughing.
Jumping back, I blurt out, while waving my hands frantically, “No don’t mess up the do!!” Which makes us both break up in a giggling fit from the sheer silliness of the moment. A little bit later as I was donning on my Robbie costume to go home it hit me, I don't have anything to wear for a Halloween party.

“Jen what am I going to wear to her party? I have no clue what I’m going to get for a costume.” I say slightly panicked.

“Rebecca don’t worry we’ve got you covered, You’re gonna be like super-hot!” She smirks.

“Oh shit!! What else have you gotten me into now, what am I going as?” I ask her as I’m about to throw my glasses in my backpack. I just didn’t feel like taking my contacts out just to drive home wearing the glasses.

Taking my glasses, she said, “Oh I don’t know. I was maybe thinking something along the lines of…” She pauses as she starts giggling softly. “Umm remember when we were talking about you wearing the glasses to disguise you from being…” She stops talking, but she is grinning like the Cheshire cat.

Trying to remember the conversation it all of a sudden hits me, the glasses were for me to be like Clark Kent disguising him from being recognized as Superman, except in my case they are to hide me from… She can’t be serious, can she? I blurt out, “Oh crap you have GOT to be kidding me!!”

Turns out she was very serious, her, her mom and even my own mom had been in on this. I felt like my life was spinning out of control, as if I ever had any control in my life to begin with. I ended up wrestling with that thought for the rest of the week. The week continued and I did my best to handle each situation that I got thrust into. I’m pretty sure that everyone knew something was bothering me, I wasn’t as bad withdrawn as I had been before but I was definitely distracted. Jen didn’t push me quite as hard, but we still had a few evenings around town with her and her new bestie Rebecca. Alicia kept being super friendly, but realized I was dealing with some issues and had backed off a bit. Strangely of all the girls in the group it was Robin, who had been the hardest for me to win over, that had stopped me in the hall on Thursday and told me that no matter what was bothering me that her and the rest of the girls were there for me. It was that small act from her that started me working myself out of my funk that I had worked myself into. They all had organized another study night and sleepover on Friday at Michelle's house, which I was able to get out of. I just couldn’t bear being forced to leave early again because of the no boys allowed rule. About the only time during the week I could escape my thoughts were on my runs, even though I wasn’t pushing myself as hard I found I was running longer than usual. I even found the interruptions from would be dates amusing, I was finding quickly that the “game” was becoming oddly comforting. Yes, I found the guys annoying, but the fact that they would work so hard to try to talk to me was kinda satisfying in a new and odd way.

Saturday morning was no exception, at first at least. Early in my run I had already outpaced two would be suitors. I was lost in my amusement when I noticed I was slowly gaining on another person, a male runner, and one that seemed to be in a pretty good shape with the pace he was keeping. For a quick second I was worried, but brushed it off quickly at least this guy wasn’t chasing me, he was just on a morning run. Hopefully he would only be interested in his run so I didn’t change my course, this after all was one of my favorite paths through campus.

Coming up on his left I simply said as I slowly passed him was, “Morning.” I kept my pace mostly hoping he wouldn’t speed up.

“Hey there, it’s a great morning, isn’t it?” He said as he did match my pace. Oh, great that’s the last thing I need, but oddly was a bit excited at this new challenge in my “Game”.

“Yup sure is.” I said flashing my best smile unconsciously. I kept waiting for him to use some lame come on line but he didn’t say anything, just kept running beside me matching my pace. After several minutes the silence was beginning to bother me, I couldn’t figure out what this guy was up to and it was bugging me something fierce. Finally, just to break the silence I said, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to make you speed up your pace, you don’t have to keep up with me.”

Smiling back, he told me, “I don’t mind the pace, I was mostly getting loosened up when you met me. I’m good like this. It’s nicer to have company on a run anyway.” Then it was back to silence. What gives with this guy? I’m getting really confused trying to figure out just what his angle is.

“Well my name is Rebecca, what's yours?” I ask, the silence really getting to me.

“Paul, it’s nice to meet you.”, He responds giving me a quick nod of his head. It’s back to the silence that is beginning to infuriate me, his little sideways smile he’s giving me isn't helping in the least either…

After another few minutes I finally just give up trying to figure out this weirdo so I tell him, “Well it’s been fun running with you, but I really like to turn it up the last two miles. See you around.” With that I turn up to almost my old pace just to get some distance from this guy. A few seconds later I notice he’s matched up my pace yet again.

“That’s really cool, I love a good challenge anyway, it’s nice to see someone of your caliber out here by the way.” He says.

“Thanks”, I tell him, starting to get extremely weirded out. After another minute or two of silence I finally say. “You know you could quit following me, it’s getting a bit creepy.”

“I’m glad you realized that, I was getting a bit creeped out too.” He smirks.

“Why are you creeped out?” I exclaim, very confused now.

“Well technically I was on this path first, so you’ve been following me.” He said almost laughing, but the pace had started getting to both of us and we were starting to pant just a bit.

“I have not!” I retorted. I mean the nerve of this guy!

“Ok if you say so.” Was all he said smiling and then back to silence.

A few minutes later we were passing the dorms and he just said as he pulled off, “Nice to run with you Rebecca, I’ve never had a stalker before.” Grinning like an idiot he waved as he disappeared into the parking lot. I slowed down just a bit for my cool down period as I head back to Mom’s car. That was the weirdest guy I have ever met, the nerve of him calling me a stalker! Driving back home the whole incident had confused the shit out of me. I kept thinking maybe I won’t run into him again, it’s a big campus. For some reason, I didn’t think that was going to be my luck though. I didn’t notice that the whole time I was thinking about the weird conversation that I was slightly smiling.


 
 
Chapter 11
 

I spent most of the day thinking about what had happened on my run that morning. I had gotten used to the lame come on lines and weak attempts to hit on me while I was on my runs. Paul hadn’t attempted once to do or say anything like that, why did that bother me so? What was going on with me? I would never even think of going out with a guy so why did I enjoy and even look forward to the flirting. All this had started out as a game to me and I had fun playing the game. I was starting to realize that it no longer felt like the same game I had started though, maybe Jennifer could help me figure this out tonight during our sleepover.

Throwing caution to the wind, even though it was still light outside when I headed over to her house, I left Robbie at home. Hell, I had taken off my Robbie persona when I got home from school yesterday and had no intention of putting “him” back on until Monday. While I was afraid that someone might see “me” driving “his” car, it felt like I was just daring someone to see me. It was like I wanted someone to see.

When Jennifer opened the door to let me in she was definitely surprised to see me standing there in a skirt and blouse, which actually made me giggle.

“Umm are you going to let me in? Or are you just gonna stare at me?” I said in between giggles. Still stunned, she just moved out of the way and let me in.

“Sorry you caught me off guard just a bit.” She told me. Looking me over once again she continued, “Were you not worried that someone might see you driving the Ghia?”

“Yeah about that… Jen… I was… and I also wasn’t… It was almost like I wanted someone to see me. I’m having so many conflicting thoughts and emotions right now.” I told her. “I’m just ready for all this to be over. No matter what happens, I’m so sick of living this double life. I’m so ready to just have one life, bouncing back and forth between the two I’m not able to live either of them. You know?”

“I don’t know, I can only imagine though. You do know it’s going to be rough at school at first, possibly for a long time. More than likely it won’t just be at school either. No matter what though, you have all of us behind and with you Rebecca.” She told me, then as she leaned in for a hug she then whispered in my ear, “This is the bravery I was talking about.”

“I don’t really see it that way Jen.” I started, but paused to collect my thoughts some. “Before, well anyone knew, I felt that I had been carrying this weight on my shoulders. Over the past few years that weight has gotten heavier and heavier, till I was close to being crushed by it.” I had to stop for a minute to try to compose myself. Thinking about how I had felt just a few short weeks ago had caused me to start to get emotionally overwhelmed and I had started to cry softly. Jen just sat there silently as she held my hands until I could regain my composure enough to talk. I softly started, “Jen you don’t know how bad it was.”

“Yeah I think I do, you don’t have to say it. It’s okay.” She told me squeezing my hands.

“No you’re wrong, I do have to say it. You had commented a few times about how I had starting to let my hair finally grow out.” She nodded at that. “It wasn’t so I could grow out my hair, spending that money had started to feel like such a waste.”

“Why a waste?” She said obviously confused.

“It was a waste because…” I had to take a deep breath to steady myself for what I was about to tell her. “Because I didn’t see any reason to keep spending $8 every two weeks when I wasn’t expecting to be here much longer… That overwhelming weight… and hopelessness… I didn’t see any other way to escape it…”

“Oh God Rebecca!! You’re not still…” She couldn’t say the rest due to her crying and holding me fiercely.

“No Jen I’m not thinking about it. At least not much.” I said as she pulled back and was about to go off on me. “Wait! Let me finish okay! Jen when I told you the truth about me… I felt that huge weight start lifting. As weird as it sounds, I felt that I wasn’t carrying it alone anymore. Each time I’ve told someone, you, your parents, my parents, it’s almost like every one of you are helping me hold up that weight. It’s still there, but it’s not oppressive anymore… Each time I go back and forth between Robbie and Rebecca though I feel like it gets a bit heavier each time. I can’t keep doing this Jen. I honestly don’t think Robbie has much of a future if he has one at all. I want a future Jen. I don’t want to die, at least not anymore.”

After several minutes of us just sitting there in a hug, she finally pulled back to look at me, “Rebecca promise me that you won’t let it get that bad again. If it does, let me know… Please… I’ll do anything I can to help you through it okay.” I just nodded okay.

After we got ourselves straightened up from our crying session we started the sleepover officially. Her mom had made sure she had the stuff and had requested another of my pizza’s, so Jen and I made two, one for us and one for her parents. I think Mrs. Cook enjoyed not having to cook but she promised she would clean up afterwards. Since I enjoyed cooking and not necessarily the cleaning afterwards I was happy to make that deal.

Once dinner was done we crashed on the couch, pizzas and popcorn in hand while Jen stuck a movie in the VCR. I hadn’t been much of a movie person the past few years but I found I really enjoyed Mannequin. I had never watched a romantic type movie and allowed myself to enjoy it, but this time was different. Towards the end when Emma is saved, both me and Jen were both having a girly aww moment, it was weird and awesome for me at the same time. More awesome though as I started letting go of the perceptions I had forced on myself over the years.

As the night progressed, we moved upstairs and Jen started using me as her personal Barbie doll. Trying different looks with makeup and clothes and she also introduced me to my costume for next Friday. Yeah, it was a Supergirl costume as I had feared, and it didn’t hide a single one of my curves. Staring at my reflection wearing the outfit, I thought with my running and exercise regime I totally fit the part. I was muscular without it being too much. I found I was just a bit excited about going to the party, but I wasn’t about to let Jen know that just yet.

Towards the end of the night as we were getting ready for bed I asked Jen where was I going to sleep.

“Um I have a queen-sized bed dummy; you can sleep right here.” She laughed hitting me with a pillow.

“Are your parents okay with this? I mean since, well… umm.” I stutter, not knowing how to phrase my concerns.

“Rebecca just stop worrying okay, Mom and Dad know that you’re a girl, it’s okay. Well Dad is still dealing with it just a bit, but he's okay with this.” She told me and reached out to squeeze my hand. “You’re not like going to try to jump me in my sleep, are you?” She laughed.

“Umm no… Honestly that would be like really weird. You’re my friend and I don’t really see you in that way.” I managed to get out. It made me start questioning just what am I attracted to. I love Jen, I know I do. I used to think she would be the one I was going to marry back when we were younger but that all has changed. I think of her more like a sister, actually much more than a sister now.

“See then were fine,” She giggled and smacked me with a pillow. Grabbing one of my own we spent the next 10 minutes beating the snot out of each other with pillows before we collapsed on the bed laughing so hard we had tears running down our cheeks. Lying there next to her after turning off the lights Jen gently grabbed my hand and just said, “I’m so glad you’re my best friend Rebecca, and that you’re still here.” With that we both drifted off to sleep, still clutching each others hands.

Waking up the next morning I realized that we weren’t still clutching hands, I had rolled over on my side and Jen must have gotten cold considering how she was snuggled up next to me. It was an odd mixture of feelings for me, while it felt good for her to be cuddled up next to me with her arm wrapped around my waist, it wasn’t like a turn on or anything. It was just the closeness to someone I cared about, even if it wasn’t in that way, that left a warm feeling through me. I hated to get up, I just wanted to stay cuddled up in the warmth that was my best friend but my bladder had a much bigger say in the matter. Gently I eased out of bed without disturbing her and went to tend to my morning routine.

Returning to Jen's room after my shower I found her still asleep wrapped up in the covers so I sat down next to her. Gently brushing her hair out of her face, I say as cheerily as possible, “Morning sleepy head!” She mumbled incoherently for a moment before she opens her eyes.

“You are too happy this early in the morning…” She says just clear enough I can understand it.

“Hey its 7:30 this is late for me normally; I’m still used to getting up at 5AM most mornings” I tell her smiling. “Besides if we’re going to church don’t we need to start getting ready? Especially if you’re going to have to help me?”

Sitting up finally she slides next to me and leans up next to me. As I put my arm around her in a sideways hug she says smiling, “At least someone smells good. I was kinda mad you got up, you were so nice and warm.”

“Trust me I didn’t want to; I was way too comfortable.” I tell her right before leaning over and giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

Grinning she hugged me a bit harder and said, “Fine I guess you’re forgiven.”

Finally, she got up and headed to get her shower and that left me alone with my thoughts once again. The cuddling we did and hugging just felt right, but at the same time the thought of going further just seemed too weird for me. After several moments, I quit trying to figure it out, and just let our friendship be whatever it is going to be. If that includes nothing more than the closeness we’ve had, that’s perfectly fine with me.

After applying the lotion that Jen had gotten me started using I started to pick out an outfit for church. I had brought several, finally deciding on a light blue dress that we had picked out on our trip to Birmingham. It was very plain, but fit me really well. Honestly I think the simplicity of the dress made it more appealing to me than some of the really fancy ones everyone tried to get me to buy. I guess it was supposed to be a knee length dress but on my 5’11 frame it came to a few inches above my knee, so it was short but not too short. I had just gotten on the appropriate underwear when Jen came in from her shower.

“Oh you’re wearing that one?” She asked, she didn’t really approve as her tastes usually went for something with a bit more pizazz.

“Yes ma’am I am, I know you don’t care for it but I really like it.” I said sticking my tongue out at her then giggling.

She sat me down and helped me with my makeup. She had gotten to where she was having me put it on now, but giving me help when I needed. After a few attempts she approved and then gave it a few slight finishing touches.

“Alright get dressed and let me do my makeup, once we’re both dressed I’ll pin on your wig.” She told me. Checking out how I looked one last moment she added, “You know it won’t be too much longer and we can get your hair styled and you really shouldn’t need the wig.”

Smiling at that I say softly, “I can’t wait.” Then proceed to get dressed including the shoes we bought to go with the dress. I had been practicing with heels for the past week and had gotten decent, but these were by far the highest I owned at 4”. I was worried that I might fall on my face, but had gotten vain about how they made my legs look so I was willing to risk it. Once we were both ready Jen put on her heels and we were ready to go, so we headed downstairs to see her parents.

As we entered the kitchen where her parents were finishing up breakfast her Dad just looked at me stunned and her Mom was laughing at his reaction.

“Dear it’s not polite to stare.” She scolded him and came up to give me a hug. “Rebecca you look amazing, and that dress suits you so well. God those shoes make you so tall though”

“Yes Ma’am I know, I just… umm… really like the way they go with the dress. Well and the way they make my legs look.” I say softly, just a bit embarrassed.

“Honey you look great, don’t be ashamed that you’re so tall. You look like a model. Now you two sit and eat so we can get to Sunday School before church.” She told both of us.

Getting in the car to leave the house is when my anxieties started up. I have always had a strong faith, after all before he passed my Dad was a minister and Mom was a choir director. I literally grew up in the church, with all the hymns, and scripture. Mom had even commented on so many different occasions that she always saw me ending up as a preacher just like Dad and her Dad had been. Even though my body was physically female, I still had enough of Robbie floating around inside of me to question if I belonged in church. If I would be accepted or if I would or should be cast out was foremost in my thoughts. Jen could see my worry so I quietly told her my fears on the ride. She just gripped my hand tightly and told me that I had every right to be there no matter what.

Normally my parents and I never attended Sunday School, so I honestly didn’t know what to expect. As we entered the young adult class I noticed Robin and a few others from school I sort of knew but not well. Robin moved over so Jen and I could sit next to her, and Jen introduced us. It is such a strange feeling being introduced to someone you already knew, and the way Robin had been with me at first I was expecting the same. She was extremely friendly though, which caught me a bit off guard. We only talked for a few minutes before the class started.

I had never really believed much in signs or visions or at least that they hadn’t happened in a very long time. While I was sitting in that class though, the lesson overwhelmed me. I had been trying to hide my apprehension and fear about being struck down for entering the church, the more I listened to the lesson the more those fears left me. Without going too much into detail the lesson was about when God called Abraham to follow him, I knew the story quite well with my upbringing but it was the way the teacher phrased the lesson though. He had said that Abraham had been told to cease being the person that everyone expected him to be and for him to become the person God had intended him to be. His name wasn’t even Abraham at first, but becoming who he was meant to be God changed his name. The parallels to my own life felt like they had slapped me in my face. I had fought so hard to be who I thought everyone expected me to be, no matter how much I ignored how my body had changed I couldn’t accept it. I didn’t cause my body to change, maybe, just maybe Rebecca was who I was supposed to be all along.

I felt this overwhelming peace just fill me with that realization, and I started trembling. Jen noticed and looked worried and confused until she thought how the lesson applied to me. She reached in her purse and handed me a Kleenex and just clasped my hand firmly as the teacher continued while I gently blotted the tears that had formed in the corners of my eyes.

After class Jen asked, “Wow are you okay? That was amazing!”

“Yeah I am okay, really okay.” I said smiling to her. We spent the next few minutes talking with Robin before we headed to the sanctuary. As we were walking through the hall I noticed my parents coming out of the minister’s office with both the head and associate minister. Confused, I was staring at them when I noticed Mom saw me, she immediately smiled and just put her hand over her heart and winked at me. Not having a clue what they were doing Jen and I went and joined her parents in their pew. After what had happened in class the rest of the service was almost a letdown after that high I felt. When the service was over, my parents came over and spoke to Mr. and Mrs. Cook then came over and gave Jen and I both hugs.

“Oh my God baby you look amazing! You look so happy right now it makes my heart so happy for you.” Mom whispered to me as she hugged me for all she was worth.

“Thank you. Mom I love you.” I whispered back then asked. “So what were you doing in the minister’s office?”

“You have nothing to worry about sweetie, but you’ll see. Everything is wonderful okay.” She said as she let me go.

Confused I followed Jen as we headed out of the sanctuary, as we passed Rev. Webster he reached out and took my hand and told me, “Rebecca my dear it is such a pleasure to meet you.”

“Huh? How’d you know my name?” I asked getting really worried.

He just smiled and glanced to my parents and then back to me, as he winked he then told me, “I just want you to know that you’re always welcome here, so we will see you next Sunday I hope?”

“Yes sir you will.” I replied, just then realizing what Mom and Pop had been doing in their office. I was a bit upset, even though I understood why they did it. This was the man that just 3 years ago had done my confirmation as Robbie and as a boy accepting me as a full member of the church. I wasn’t prepared for this and was in a daze as we left the church and headed home.

The rest of the afternoon was spent just hanging out with Jen, talking about the past few weeks and things to prepare for in the upcoming months. She also had been trying to convince me that I was actually enjoying the attention guys showed me, I started to concede a bit but was not about to let her know that just yet. Another thing was preparing for the Halloween party and the best way to deal with the people from school. We were both concerned about creating a back story for myself, because at the first of the year everyone is going to know who I really am. We had decided to be very vague would be for the best, it would be much better to be vague and lie as little as possible. We ended the day with a long hug and a kiss on the cheek. Driving home I kept thinking about our friendship, I mean were girls normally this physical in their friendships or was there something more? Lately I seem to be having more and more questions with not too many answers.

That night my parents explained to me that talking to the ministers was to make sure that the church leaders would stand by me. They had explained my situation and how it was out of my control, my parents said both the head and associate minister told them that God works in mysterious ways and that I had a purpose. I hoped that was true, that if I did then everything I have endured might be worth it one day.

The rest of the week flew by, of course I was kept busy with school work, Jen and Rebecca time, trying to balance time with my friends, and my runs. Alicia had kept giving me those million watt smiles and always sat close enough that she could keep physical contact with me even if it was just touching elbows. I kept trying not to lead her on and to reinforce that we were just good friends, even though I wished we could be more. I just wished that she would end up not hating me when she finds out the truth.

I had managed to squeeze in three runs that week and the first afternoon I found I kept looking around for Paul. Even if he irritated the crap out of me on that one day, he was different than all the other guys that had tried to accompany me on my run. Those guys were easy to figure out, but Paul though was a mystery, and that mystery was bugging me. At least that was what I kept telling myself as I kept looking around hoping I’d see him. I had been getting tired of trying to analyze every single one of my thoughts and actions, at least when I was running. Analyzing everything was meant for when I was trying to go to sleep, or at least that was always what happened, I thought to myself.

Tuesday evening, I was half way through my loop around campus when I did run into him, he was on a different route it appeared so I just smiled and waved and kept on my current route. A minute later I felt someone behind me and turned quickly and saw Paul catching up to me.

“So who’s the stalker now?” I said as I smirked at him. He actually looked like that hurt at least for a second until he broke out in a wide grin.

“Hey like I said, it’s better to run with company.” He said grinning from ear to ear. We ended up doing that useless banter for the rest of the run, or at least till I broke off to head to the car. He just waved and told me he’d see me next time. I yelled out I’ll be out here on Thursday, which confused me why I told him that. Then I realized I was actually looking forward to it. I quickly found that I enjoyed the back and forth jabs we were giving each other, he had yet tried to ask me out or try to do anything else with me. While part of me wished he did, because I understood that behavior, the other part really did just enjoy the company.

On Thursday, he seemed to find me less than five minutes after I had left the car on my run. For a second that worried me, but I quickly let it slide as we started our back and forth jabs. It turned out to be a really good run and we actually made excellent time. As I peeled off I said hopefully I’d see him Saturday morning, he smiled and said he’d see me then.

Friday during lunch Holly had started to give me a hard time because I had declined multiple times to come to her party. She wasn’t being mean or anything but I could tell they really did want me to come. Finally, I just told her that it is a costume party that she would probably see me there, even if she didn’t know it was me. I thought Jen was going to choke on her drink when I said that. She just glared at me and how daring I seemed to be becoming.

After school, we went straight to Jen’s house to get ready. It actually took us two hours to get ready between us both getting a shower and Jen attacking my eyebrows once again. She got pretty bold this time around making them super thin with a high arch. Once we were both ready we just stood there looking at ourselves in the mirror we both made very striking images, I as Supergirl and Jen as Tinkerbell. After posing for a few minutes we both broke into giggles, I hadn’t remembered ever being this content with my life as I did at that moment. Sitting there making silly poses in the mirror alongside my best friend in the world I felt whole.

“You know I’m actually looking forward to this.” I told Jen.

“I know you are, you can see it all over your face. I just want to let you know if at any time though if you feel uncomfortable we can leave okay.” She said gently clasping my hand in hers.

“Thanks, but I’ll be okay.” I replied giving her hand a gentle squeeze. With that, and about 20 minutes of having her parents take pictures, we were off to the party.

Giving Jen a hand putting on her wings after we parked her Mom’s car on the street, I looked at Holly’s house and took a deep breath. I was all excited and full of laughs on the ride over but this is the moment of truth. There is probably going to be about forty people that I knew here, well I knew as Robbie. Jen giving my hand a squeeze, leaned over and said, “If you need it I’ll hit you with some fairy dust.” I couldn’t help but giggle just a bit.

“Thanks, I needed that.” I told her still smiling. With another squeeze of her hand we headed up to the door.

“You ready?” Jen asked, she actually looked a bit nervous as well.

“No, not at all.” I said, noticing the concern on her face I braved a smile and said, “But it's never stopped me before.” Then I turned and rang the doorbell.

We sat there for almost a minute before the door opened and we got a glimpse of a house full of people all in different costumes. Some were scary, some were funny, some were sexy, and well some were just stupid. After walking around for a minute, we found our host Holly, who was drop dead sexy as Elvira.

“Wow you look amazing” I told her.

“Oh my God you two look adorable!” Holly told Jen and I, looking over our costumes. Taking a closer look at me and my skin tight Supergirl outfit she exclaimed, “Holy shit Rebecca you look fantastic! I would kill for your body! Damn I'm jealous!” As she finished she was grinning at me.

“Girl trust me you don’t have anything to be jealous about.” I told her, trying not too hard to stare at her, well her low-cut top. I doubt I would ever be brave enough to show that much cleavage. After catching up for a few minutes she ended up dragging Jen and I over to the rest of the girls. Robin made an excellent Wednesday Addams, Michelle a sexy vampire, Karen a witch and Alicia was a princess. I had only met Robin and Holly as Rebecca so meeting the rest was really awkward for me, especially Alicia. For a moment, I felt sad that I was deceiving everyone, Alicia most of all though. I forced that back down, and tried to have a good time.

The party was actually really fun once I adjusted to being around so many people, guys I knew started hitting on me which bothered me. It wasn't like my game I played, these guys I knew as Robbie, and that’s the way I still saw them. Their attention made me feel very uncomfortable not knowing how they would react in a few months when they find out the truth. I will hand it to Holly, she is one of those people that is friends with many different social groups. There were jocks, preppies, rednecks, and even the group I would have previously been stuck in, the nerds. I ran into one guy I knew and he was the only one that hadn’t made a pass at me or given me that once over stare that I was finding so creepy. It was my friend Brent, fellow smart guy and, as I am, a nerd.

“Buddy Holly I presume? I’m Rebecca” I said to him grinning and holding my hand out. I felt sorry for him he was so nervous.

“Yeah, nobody really has figured out my costume. Thanks.” He said with a slight grin, but he was trying hard to not make eye contact. Finally, he did look me in the eyes and with a sheepish grin said, “Umm Rebecca I thought you were Supergirl?”

“Oh yeah you’re right!” I told him giggling, “I am, just promise not to tell anyone else my identity okay?”

“Yes Ma’am your secret is safe with me.” He told me, making the motions like he was locking his mouth and throwing away the key. As cheesy as it was I couldn’t help but laugh, after all this was a friend and a good guy. The last thing I would ever do is hurt his feelings. We ended up talking for a bit, more so when he realized I was smart as well and not just a pretty face.

As the night progressed on, I had gotten more and more comfortable as Rebecca/Supergirl and enjoyed myself immensely. Towards the end of the night I had started hanging out with my lunch group, we all seemed to get along well. Of course, we were already friends, they all just didn’t know it yet.

As Jen and I were getting ready to go Alicia did come up and ask Jen, “Can I ask you for a huge favor?”

“Sure Alicia what’s up?” Jen replied.

“Can I come spend the night with you? My parents had to go out of town and said I could stay home by myself which I had planned. I’m just really kinda scared to go home to that house with no one there, especially on Halloween weekend.” Alicia all but begged. She did look really worried.

“Alicia of course! You’re more than welcome to come and crash at my house.” Jen told her, which made Alicia instantly relax.

“Jen you’re awesome, I’ve got a change of clothes in the car. I’m sorry I waited till this late, but I was hoping I could stay with someone. I’m such a chicken.” She told us, just a bit embarrassed.

“Hey safety in numbers right?” I joked with her. I hadn’t thought this out very well, I only saw a friend who was scared and I was relieved that Jen helped her.

“Damn straight Rebecca!” She laughed and came up to give me a hug, feeling her body pressed up next to mine instantly reminded me of the kisses she had given me and made my body all tingly and I trembled for a second.

“Are you okay?” Alicia asked me, looking at me kinda funny all of a sudden.

“Umm yeah I’m fine just got a chill is all, this costume isn’t great for warmth.” I lied. Hoping the bra would hide the excitement I felt. Still looking at me oddly she just nodded okay.

We all said our goodbyes to the party and the three of us left to get in our cars. As Jen pulled out Alicia got right behind her.

“Thanks for all of this Jen, tonight was really fun. I mean I was scared shitless at first, but overall it was a kick ass night.” I said grinning at her.

“Girlfriend it was my pleasure.” She smiled at me, “You really did good tonight, well right up until Alicia hugged you.” She finished off giggling.

“Oh God was it that obvious?” I asked her slightly panicking.

She could barely contain her laughter as she told me, “No not really, unless you knew to look for it.”

Slightly relieved I said, “Thank God, oh and it was really cool of you to let her stay the night. She really did look scared and…. Oh, shit!!”

“What?” She asked, picking up on my worry.

“Jen, she's right behind us and I just remembered something… My car… It’s parked in your driveway!!” I blurted out.


 
 
Chapter 12
 

“Rebecca! Calm down okay. We’ll figure this out alright.” Jen tells me trying to get me to stop panicking.

“How are we going to figure this out in ten minutes?” I ask, fear gripping me.

“I don’t know… Think we should just tell her the truth? I know it’s earlier than you wanted, but maybe that would be best.” She told me quietly.

“I don’t know Jen. I don’t want to lie to her, but I don’t want to hurt her either. I don’t know what to do. I know I shouldn’t but I really do care about her.” I say softly.

“She’s your friend you should care about her… oh... Rebecca you really do like her don’t you? I mean like like her?” She asked.

“Yes I do. The very last thing I want to do is hurt her.” I answered.

“Look lets just get home and we will play it by ear okay?” She told me, I just not and stare out the window for the rest of the ride home.

When Jen pulled into the driveway I was silent, just staring at my car sitting there in the driveway. I had resigned myself that whatever happens I’m not going to tell Alicia any lies.

“Just let me handle this okay.” Jen told me giving my hand a squeeze.

“Is Robbie here?” Alicia asked hopefully, while Jen was unlocking the front door.

“No he’s not. It’s just us three and my parents. He left it here after dropping me off from school” Jen told her, but was looking at me as she opened the door. Since it was late and the house was dark, we figured her parents were already in in bed so we all headed up to Jen's room.

“Why’d he leave his car here? He loves that old thing for some reason.” Alicia said laughing.

“I’m not sure, he’s been working on it a lot lately. Maybe something’s wrong with it.” Jen said shrugging her shoulders. Each fib she told to Alicia was making me feel worse and worse.

“Well I wish he was here.” Alicia said. She paused for a moment and continued, “Jen do you know what's going on with him? Hey Rebecca, can you grab my zipper?” She asked as she backed up to me.

“Umm sure.” I said as I started to undo the back of her dress.

“What do you mean Alicia? He’s been dealing with a lot lately; you know how withdrawn he used to be. He’s doing better than he was, but he still has a lot going on right now.” Jen told her. I caught myself staring as Alicia stepped out of her dress, I felt my skin start tingling so I turned my back to her hoping it would help me stop the excitement. I started peeling off my costume, since Jen and Alicia had already taken theirs off.

“Jen I wish he’d let me help him. I want to be there for him.” Alicia told her. I started to turn around to put my super suit on a hanger when I noticed that Alicia and Jen were both down to just their panties and pulling out nightshirts. I quickly turned back around so they wouldn’t catch me staring at Alicia.

“I know you do, he told me that he told you some of what he's dealing with. I think he’s scared and thinks you deserve someone better who can, umm, well you know.” Jen said as I turned back around to find they were covered up now, and I noticed that Jen was blushing slightly.
“I honestly don’t think I’m worried about that Jen. I mean he treats me so nice, he's like the only guy that has ever treated me like a person. He talks to me, and actually listens to me. Oh, my God, if you could have felt how he kissed me. I know he likes me back, I could feel it.” Alicia said, closing her eyes while she smiled. “Jen I think we could make it work somehow, at least I want the chance to try.” At this point in the conversation I could feel tears starting to form, and I was doing all I could do to try to keep my emotions in check. Hearing her talk about how she felt about me made me hurt that much more. The longer I kept up the deception, the more I would hurt her. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore.

“I can’t do this anymore.” I said, hanging my head down tears starting to form.

“Can’t do what?” Alicia asked me, turning while looking at me confused.

“Rebecca NO! You can’t go back to…” She said, pausing when she looked at Alicia.

Looking back and forth at Jen and I, Alicia says, “What the hell is going on? What can’t she go back to?” I could tell she was getting upset at us.

“Jen I’m not talking about going back…” I start to say, then the words catch in my throat. I carefully start unpinning the wig. “Alicia, the reason Robbie couldn’t be more than friends with you… Is that… Is that he isn’t going to be around much longer. I’m so, so sorry.” I manage to get that last out before I start to cry in earnest.

“Rebecca you aren’t making any sense. Where is he going to go? What the hell are you two trying to say!” Alicia says, really angry by this point.

Pulling off the wig and ruffling my hair up I just say, “Because I’m Robbie, or I was… Hell I don’t even know who I am anymore!” I sink down in the chair by Jen’s vanity. Putting my face in my hands I manage to get out the words I’m sorry between sobs.

Alicia’s appeared to be in shock, looking at me in a mix of anger and fear. She looked back to Jen and Jen just nodded tears forming in her eyes as well. Finally, Alicia exclaimed, “That’s impossible! You’re both lying! There’s no way that you’re Robbie! You might look kind of like him, but you can’t be!” She looked at both of us mostly in anger by now.

“Alicia, what Robbie told you about his condition… He didn’t lie. He just didn’t tell you everything, about just how severe it actually is. Please try to calm down and listen please, and we’ll try to explain everything.” Jen begged.

“FINE!! I’m listening, this better be good, especially after trying to pull something like this on me!” Alicia blurted out, still really angry but appeared to be ready to listen hopefully.

Jen took one look at me and knew I wouldn’t be able to say anything for a while. Looking at Alicia she started, “Alicia he told you that he was born without testicles, right?” Alicia nodded, still looking angry. “When he was twelve or thirteen they found out the reason… It turns out that Robbie never fully developed as a male when he was born…” Looking back at me I could see the tears running down her cheeks as she was trying to explain to Alicia. After taking a few breaths she continued, “They found out that when he didn’t have testicles that internally that he was female, well mostly female.”

“Wait a minute? You’re trying to say that Robbie has been a girl all this time? That’s bullshit, he’s a guy. He’s always been a guy.” Alicia then glared at me. “This isn’t funny, there’s no way you’re Robbie. What kind of a sick joke are you trying to play on me?!?”

“Alicia… It’s not a joke…” I say before my crying causes me not to be able to speak anymore.

“Alicia, Robbie grew up thinking he was a boy, when he found out… He fought against it. He wanted to be the guy that everyone expected from him. Even after having to have surgery… He still kept trying to be that boy.” Jen told her while she walked over to me and put her arm around my shaking shoulders.

“Surgery? What kind of surgery?” Alicia asked, with much less anger in her voice.

“They had to do surgery due to, um, complications. His womb was finishing up forming and had started to open up… So, for his health and safety they had to… Finish making him a girl…” Jen said softly.

“That’s impossible! You actually expect me to believe this? It can’t be… You’re trying to tell me that I fell for a girl pretending to be a boy?!?!” Alicia said her anger returning.

Standing up I look directly at Alicia and tell her, “Alicia… I never wanted to hurt you. I swear. I tried to tell you… I’m so sorry…”

Walking up to me and looking at me standing there in my bra and panties, she looks at me directly in my tear reddened eyes for a moment. Glancing over at Jen and then back to me she says much more softly, “I still don’t believe you… It’s not possible… You kind of look like him, but I can tell you’re not Robbie. I know you’re not, and I know how I can prove it.”

Jen and I both look confused and then Jen says, “How can you prove it?”

Alicia looks a bit smug at this point and simply says, “This way.” Then she walks right up to me wrapped her arms around my neck and kisses me hard. It catches me off guard but it only takes me seconds before I return the kiss. I look briefly at her and see she’s closed her eyes, so I do the same and just let myself feel her against me and feel her lips on mine. I have no clue how long that kiss lasted but it felt like it could have been hours, even if it had been it wasn’t long enough. As she pulled away I felt my hands slide off of her waist where I had unconsciously placed them, and I looked into her face of realization. For a second I smiled at her, thinking that we might be okay. Then I saw that face of realization change to one of hurt and anger. I felt like my heart had stopped beating, and seeing how hurt she looked I wished that it had of stopped.

“Oh my God!! You are Robbie…” Alicia started to say, then I noticed the tears forming in her eyes. “How could you?” Was all she got out before she started crying.

“Oh God, Alicia… I’m sorry… I never meant for this to happen…” I pleaded.

Looking up at me, anger etched in her face she all but shouted, “What did you not mean? To Lie to me? To make me fall in love with you?” She then buried her face in her hands and barely got out between her own sobbing, “How could I have fallen in love with a girl.”

I ease up to her and putting my hand on her shoulder to try to console her, “I can’t tell you just how sorry I am, I’ll do anything you need so you can forgive me.”

Snapping her head up to look at me, face still twisted in anger she shouted, “GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!” I quickly backed up in tears. Noticing Jen standing where she was when the kiss happened she appeared to still be in shock at what she saw.

“Fine I’ll go…” I whimper and grab my top and jeans and start throwing them on.

Jen comes up to me and whispers to me, “I’ll talk to her. Are you going to be okay?” I just shrug to finish gathering up my things. As I make sure I have everything in my backpack, Alicia is still sitting on the bed looking dazed. As I sling my backpack over my shoulder and grab the door to open I feel Jen's hand on my shoulder turning me to face her. “Rebecca tell me you are going to be okay. Promise me that you’re not going to do… You know.” She tells me, her eyes red with her own tears.

“I’m not going to do what you’re asking about; I just need to get out of here… If she’ll listen, try to let her know how much I didn’t want to hurt her, please.” I beg.

“I’ll try. Call me when you get home okay? Please.” She said as she hugged me. I just nod to her and leave the room closing her door silently.
I over hear Alicia saying,” I can’t believe you’re helping him…her... whatever it is!!” My heart totally breaks at hearing those words.

“You’re angry and don’t you dare call her an it! Robbie or Rebecca is the same person who was our friend.” Jen said starting to sound angry. “She is an incredible person, the same person that would drop anything to help a friend. Did you know that last month Robbie had plans to… take his own life…”? As she finished I could hear her voice start cracking.

I heard Alicia utter a surprised “what?” before I headed down the stairs as quietly as possible to keep from disturbing her parents. When I got to the front door I heard footsteps so I turned around and saw Mrs. Cook standing there.

“Sweetie we heard some of the commotion. Are you okay?” She asked walking up to me. I just shook my head tears flowing freely as she gently wrapped her arms around me and kissing me on my cheek. “Baby I know this hurts, but it will get better. Why don’t you let me drive you home okay?” I just shook my head no.

“It’s okay Mrs. Cook I’ll be alright. I promise.” I tell her. I’m not sure who I’m trying to convince, her or myself. She just holds me a few more minutes gently rocking me side to side before she lets me go. “I’ll call when I get home, Jen already made me promise to.” I tell her wiping the tears from my eyes.

“Okay. Sweetie if you need anything we’re here for you.” She tells me as she gives me one more kiss on the cheek. I just nod at her giving a sad smile then I turn and head out the door.

Sitting in my car I put the key in the ignition and I stop and think about everything that had just happened. Feeling so frustrated I just screamed at the top of my lungs and started pounding on the steering wheel over and over with everything I had. A few moments later I noticed some lights had turned on at the neighbor’s porch so I started the old Ghia and started to pull out when I looked up and saw both Jen and Alicia looking out the window at me. Feeling like a total ass for my outburst I put the old VW in gear and headed home.

It was late, about 11:30 when I walked into the house, I was trying to be quiet because I knew my parents would be in bed and weren't expecting me home. I was a bit surprised to find my mom sitting in her chair waiting on me.

“Mom, why are you up?” I ask her.

“Anne called me and told me what happened. How are you holding up?” She asked, getting up and giving me a hug. Which only started my tears all over.

“Mom I ended up hurting her so much… It’s all my fault” I cried.

“Shhh baby, it’s not your fault. You did everything you could not to hurt her, right?” She asked. Wiping my tears, I nodded. She continued, “Sometimes it just happens, once she calms down maybe you can talk.”

“I don’t know… I’d like to, I just don’t know if I can face her again. All I can see when I close my eyes is how upset she was.” I said as I sat down on the couch.

“I know sweetie, this will pass okay. It will get better, I promise.” She told me, then looking at my tear streaked face she smiled and continued, “Look at my poor girl, you’ve made such a mess of your makeup. Just sit right here and I’ll be right back.” I couldn’t help but smile at that and nodded to her and told her I needed to call Jen real quick anyway... She ran to the back of the house while I called to let them know I was home, and came back a few minutes later and sat down next to me.

Smiling at me as she started to wipe my tears and face, she asked how the party was. We spent the next hour sitting on the couch talking about anything and everything except what happened with Alicia. I knew she was trying to keep my mind off of what had happened, and I was thankful for that and for her. After the long talk and a long hug, I kissed her good night and went to bed, I was so emotionally exhausted I barely remember lying down before passing out.

I woke up earlier than normal and tired, due to my emotional state I didn't sleep well at all, tossing and turning through the night with some horrible nightmares. Last night I had gone to bed upset and depressed, this morning it had turned into anger. I was angry at myself for hiding for so long, I was also angry for not hiding longer, I was angry at how Alicia responded, I was angry at everything. I ended up pacing in my room for a short while, trying to calm down but it was doing nothing to cool the fire inside of me. Knowing I was going to have to burn it off otherwise I was going to explode, I started getting ready to go run. Today I knew I was going to end up pushing myself harder than I have in a while. Headed out the door I didn’t even bother to grab Mom’s keys, I was still angry enough that I didn’t care if anyone saw me in the Ghia.

Parking in my normal lot on campus I ended up stretching a bit more than normal, I knew today was going to be rough on me. Once I was finished with my stretches I started my run, trying to reign myself back some until I warmed up. Even as upset as I was, I knew better than to seriously hurt myself, after about 10 minutes I increased my pace. My normal loop that took me part way around and partway through campus was close to six and a half miles, which one loop was what I normally ran lately. As I ran, my mind started running through everything that had happened, from the start of my changes and to what had happened as of just last night. I had just started my second lap around the loop, when I heard a voice distracting me from my thoughts.

“Morning, are you in a hurry to get somewhere at this pace?” Paul joked.

I turned and looked at him, the look on my face caused his brows to furrow just a bit. “Paul today might not be a good day to run with me okay.” I told him, trying to keep my voice calm and steady.

“Rebecca are you okay?”, he asked, concern evident in his voice.

“No Paul, I’m really not.” I said, feeling some of the anger starting to fade but there was still plenty there. “I can’t talk about it, so don’t ask okay...” He just nodded.

“Well I’ll try not to bother you, but I’ll try to keep up just in case…” He said.

“Fine, whatever…” I said, not really happy he was tagging along. Even though I was angry I didn’t want to take it out on him, he didn’t deserve that. My pace stayed constant, my mind started drifting on to friendships I had formed and what may lie ahead in the months to come. Would those friendships last? Would I be able to forge new friendships? Those were the questions that were running through my head as we were finishing up my second lap of the campus.

Obviously winded by now and the pace that I had set, Paul said, “Are you not stopping? Or are you going to keep going?”

“I’m not done yet… Paul just head back; you don’t need to keep up with me.” I said panting hard. I wasn’t done yet, I still had so much conflict in my head and heart and I could still feel that smoldering anger deep inside. Paul didn’t respond at all but with a look of grim resolve he didn’t break off. I just shook my head and returned back to my thoughts.

We were about a third of the way around this time when my thoughts returned to Alicia. I thought about how I had met her and Jen when I first moved here in 2nd grade, we all instantly became friends, even when I had hit the start of my downward spiral we stayed friends. I could tell that she didn’t know what to do or how to talk to me as I started sinking, but she remained nice to me. Then once Jen had started pulling me out of my depression, how Alicia and I almost instantly hit it off again with that easy conversation and similar sense of humor. I thought about how she had come on to me and how wonderful it had felt being in her arms. Then I thought about last night and the look of hurt and anger on her face, then how she called me an it. I immediately ran out of steam and stopped running and just stood there on the path feeling the tears that had started running down my cheeks several minutes ago. I heard Paul come up behind me huffing loudly as I completely broke down and just fell in a heap crying profusely.

Paul was lost as far as what to do, he just stood there catching his breath with a concerned expression on his face. He sort of looked like a lost puppy at that moment. A few minutes later I moved to a sitting position with my legs in front of me bent and my head resting on my knees. While I was still crying, picturing her face in anger, the heaving cry was over. It was at this moment that Paul just came up and put his hand on my shoulder. I looked up at him and did my best to smile, strangely thankful that he was here still.

Reaching up and clasping his hand I softly told him, “Thank you, and I’m sorry you had to witness this.” I shook my head and wiped my tears with my other hand.

“Rebecca, I don’t know what's wrong, but I’m here if you need a friend.” He said giving me a comforting smile and softly squeezing my shoulder. Then he offered both his hands and helped me up.

“I don’t have too many of those and I think I just lost most of the ones I had.” I told him, which only started the waterworks up again.

Looking at me in the eyes, he gives me a serious look and says, “Rebecca, I find that hard to believe. I mean we really haven’t talked much, but you seem like a really good person. Why would you think that?”

“Paul… I’ve just had to overcome… I mean…” I was trying to tell him, but the fear of another incident like last night had the words catching in my throat. “I guess what I’m trying to say, for years I had been trying to be who everyone expected me to be… I couldn’t do it anymore, and last night a very close friend found out… and… and…” I couldn’t continue due to the tears started back up. I just buried my face in my hands to try to hide and then Paul caught me completely off guard. Without saying a word, he just stepped up close, put his arms around me and pulled me into a hug. For a brief second I felt the Robbie part of me screaming to pull away, but honestly in my emotional state it felt good to be held in his strong arms, it felt safe. Pushing the old part of me back down, I just leaned into his shoulder and softly finished my cry.

After I was able to compose myself once again I pulled back some, him pulling his arms from around me but gently resting his hands on my shoulders. Looking deep into my eyes he asked, “Look I don’t know your friends or what exactly you've gone through and honestly you don’t have to tell me until you’re ready to. Just know I think you’re a really cool girl and so far I like the person I’ve seen. Is this the real you, that you’ve been hiding? Or is this the person you’ve been projecting?”

I smiled at that slightly and said, “This is the real me Paul, or at least as much of the real me that I’ve discovered so far. Thank you.” He just nodded and smiled at that.

Letting go and stepping back he said, “Ok if you’re okay we need to get to walking to stretch out our legs. I have an idea. Since its almost 11 why don’t you let me take the new and improved you to lunch.”

“I’d like that.”, I told him. Then realizing something he might not know since he hadn’t ever hit on me before, I hadn’t felt the need to disclose. “Um, Paul I do need to let you know something. I don’t go to school here, I’m still a sophomore in high school. I only just turned sixteen a few months ago.” I said quietly and looking down.

“Hey it’s okay, I’d still like to treat you to lunch.” He told me smirking.

“Umm, don’t you think it would be a bit awkward taking a sixteen-year-old to lunch?” I said just a bit concerned. I mean what would a college student want to hang out with a high school student.

“Not really,” He told me laughing, “I’m only a freshman here, but there is another reason. I only just turned 17 last month myself.”
“Wait a minute? How’d you manage that?” I said fairly unbelievingly.

“Rebecca, I skipped a few grades when I was a kid. I actually should only be a junior in high school myself.” He said grinning from ear to ear.

“Why do I not believe you?” I asked skeptically.

Still laughing he said, “Honest I can show you my license and everything. This is actually kind of cool. Just about every girl I’ve been around since the 5th grade has looked down at me like a kid. So still up for lunch?” I thought for a moment before I agreed, and we started walking back to his dorm to get his car and also to stretch our legs out.

It took us about half an hour to get to his dorm and we spent the time just talking and joking around. Thankfully he didn’t press me about what had caused my melt down earlier, so we had kept it to small talk. Once we got to his dorm, he asked me to wait in the common area downstairs while he went and grabbed his wallet. Immediately after he left I noticed several of the guys had started staring at me, and a few came over to start a conversation. I had just started feeling uncomfortable since I was the only girl around and was quickly becoming surrounded, thankfully Paul reappeared and “rescued” me. It was strange, I remember my first impression of him and how he annoyed me and now I was relieved at his presence. Heading back outside we walked up to a fairly early model Fox body Mustang.

“Cool car, does it have the V-8?” I asked.

Staring at me curiously, “Umm no… Do you know about cars?” He asked.

Forgetting for a second that I was supposed to be a girl, I realized stereotypically I shouldn’t have been interested in cars. Figuring it was too late now I just smiled and said, “Just a bit. Don’t feel too bad my car is only a 4 cylinder too.”

He just laughed and unlocked my door holding it open for me to get in, that made me feel just a bit self-conscious. When he came around and climbed in the driver’s seat he just smiled and turned the key and all we heard was a loud click and nothing happened. He tried it again and all we heard was a click and again nothing. I couldn’t help but start giggling.

“Umm I don’t know what's wrong, it’s never done this before. I’m sorry.” He told me obviously embarrassed.

“Would it help if I got out and pushed?” I asked him still giggling.

“Don’t tell me you’re a Star Wars fan and a car guru too?

“Guilty, at least of the first part. Honestly though, it sounds like it’s just your starter, let me check something. Turn your lights on and when I say, try to start it.” I tell him smirking as I got out and walked to the front of the car. “Try it now” I yelled, when it clicked and the lights didn’t dim I knew what it was. Walking to the driver’s side I just leaned on his car door smiling.

“Okay, do you know what it is?” He asked, pretty dumbfounded that I appeared to know what I was doing.

“Yeah your starter solenoid isn’t engaging, so you need either a new starter or a new solenoid. If you can get just the solenoid its cheaper.” I tell him, still smiling. Then I add, “C’mon we can take my car, follow me. It’s only parked a few blocks away from here”

He gets out of his car and giving me a sideways look and says, “You, Rebecca, are not like any girl I’ve ever met before.”

I laughed, but only slightly as I thought of exactly just how different I was. Quietly I just said, “You have no clue Paul. No clue at all.”

When we arrived at my old Ghia, Paul was dumbfounded I was driving this old relic. I don’t think he had ever seen a Karman Ghia before honestly. As we got in and I coerced the old fella to start, he started quizzing me on how I knew so much about cars and why I was driving this thing. I started to tell him the history of it and how I used to help my Dad work on it when I was little. I also told him I had inherited my dad’s love and gift of tinkering on things, so I tended to pick up car stuff very easily. We ended up going to this great little sandwich shop and ended up having a really nice lunch. He didn’t pressure me for anything and we just talked like old friends. About school and our pastimes, I figured since he knew already about my car skills I told him about my step-dad’s agreement, that as long as I did the work he would buy the parts for me to finish the restoration on the Ghia.

As I dropped him back at his dorm he asked, “Could you show me where the starter is? That way when Dad sends me the money I know what I’m supposed to change.” I couldn’t help but grin and nod. Shaking his head, he popped the hood and I opened it the rest of the way. Looking around I spotted the starter and pointed it out to him.

“Usually these are easy to change, just those wires and two bolts and it will slide out okay? Then just reverse that to put the new one in.” I told him. Then I looked around and couldn’t help but smile a bit, since we had gotten some attention from guys watching us and pointing.

“Um Paul, it looks like we have an audience. Sorry but they’re probably going to give you a hard time. Unless you just want to tell them you were explaining stuff to me to save face.”, I told him with a devilish grin.

Looking around Paul started to look a bit embarrassed, he just said, “Great, that’s all I need as if they didn’t give me a hard time before for being a couple of years younger than them.” Then he laughed a bit, “Actually I think I'll just make them jealous of having a hottie car mechanic for a girlfriend.” Immediately he saw the look of surprise on my face at that comment, then realized what he had said. “No that’s not what I meant, I meant umm, a friend that’s a girl… Oh geez.” His face turned bright red at that and set me off to laughing until I was about to cry.

Lightly punching him in his arm, I just said, “Just remember that mister. You know that would probably make them a bit jealous.” I gave him a big teasing grin. Then I started thinking essentially what had just happened might be construed as a date, but friends can go eat together right? Even if they are a boy and a girl, right? I didn’t realize it but my smile had faded at those thoughts.

“Rebecca are you okay? What's wrong.” He asked me.

“Paul… I want to be straight with you okay. We’re just friends, right? I just… with everything going on with me right now… That’s all I can offer right now okay?” I said, trying not to let my mood wreck the fun that we had had.

“Rebecca I’m okay with that, actually I really haven’t made that many friends here. I would consider myself extremely lucky to have you as a friend.” He told me, concern in his eyes. I just stared at him in his eyes for a quick moment, and the way he said that made my skin feel flushed all of a sudden.

“Paul… As far as what you did for me today… for being there like you were… I just want to say thank you…”, I said softly. I thought about shaking his hand but quickly dismissed it as lame, suddenly I caught myself leaning in and wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in for a nice tight hug. Feeling him wrap his arms around my waist and hugging me back made that flushed feeling all the more intense. It reminded me almost of how I felt when Alicia hugged me that night, but it was different and I wasn’t sure how just yet. Finally breaking the hug, I turned and kissed his cheek real quick which made him blush even brighter.

Putting his hand over his cheek where I kissed him, he looked at me curiously and asked, “What was that for?”

“Just an additional thank you.” I said smirking, then trying to figure out why I had kissed him myself, I just added, “Hey my friend Jennifer and I kiss each other on the cheek all the time. Besides you’re the first boyfr…. I mean… friend who's a boy that I’ve had… So just deal with it.” Realizing my slip up and almost calling him a boyfriend made me blush a bit, but did tickle me so I busted out laughing. Paul was amused at it as well and joined in the laughter.

Once we had quit laughing we said our goodbyes and set a time on Monday to meet up for our next run, Paul also asked if I would mind helping him when he got his new starter. After kidding him for a minute I of course agreed. Driving home I realized I was still upset over Alicia, but it was tolerable. Maybe just having Paul there, as a friend, made the difference. Who knows, if he hadn’t of shown up today I might still have been running.

Getting home Mom of course checked up on me, she had been worried when she saw I was gone and hadn’t taken her car today. I told her how I was angry and didn’t care if I was seen or not. I also told her about my day with Paul and how he had helped me. I noticed a twinkle in her eye as she listened to me so I had to remind her he was just a friend. I don’t see guys like that, or at least I never had before. To keep her from quizzing me to death, I headed to take a shower and gather my stuff for spending the night with Jen. All of us had agreed until my secret was out that I would continue going to church with them and sleeping over at her house the night before.

When I arrived at Jen’s a few hours later she immediately just grabbed me in a hug and asked, “How are you? I’ve been worried.”

“Actually I’m okay considering, well everything that happened. How is Alicia?” I asked, needing to know.

“I honestly don’t know, she calmed down a bit after you left and we heard your… umm… Outburst in your car last night. We talked for a while before we went to sleep, but she left early this morning shortly after waking up. She's hurt, but you already knew that. Rebecca, I don’t think she will tell anyone, but I'm not positive at all.” She told me putting her hand on my arm. I just nodded.

“If she tells she tells, nothing we can do about it now. Guess we will find out tomorrow at church if she told Robin.” I say. After thinking about it a for a minute I just sigh and ask, “Can we not talk about it and just have fun tonight, I’ll just deal with it tomorrow if she did say anything to anyone.”

Jen just smiled at me and said, “You know? I think we can do that.”

We spent the rest of the night just hanging out. After eating supper, we spent the rest of the night in her room mostly just talking. I told her about my run, my meltdown and how Paul had been there to help me. While she didn’t make any comments about Paul I could tell she was filing the conversation away to revisit it later, probably once this crisis was over with Alicia.

I woke up to a repeat of the previous week, Jen had snuggled up to me and had her arm wrapped around my waist. Unlike last week I didn’t have to urgently use the restroom, so I laid there snuggled up to her. Like before I didn’t feel turned on in any way, but laying there with her holding me tightly just felt right. Finally, her alarm started buzzing and she just groaned for a minute before finally rolling over and turning it off. I rolled over to look at her and just gave her a big smile.

“Morning girlfriend.” I told her, I could tell she wasn’t awake enough to appreciate my cheerfulness

“Ugh, let me guess you’ve been awake for a while. No one is that cheerful just waking up.” She muttered, but did add a slight smile.

“Maybe I was awake for a while, and maybe I just didn’t want to disturb my snuggle buddy.” I grinned.

Laughing at that she smiled and said, “Well your snuggle buddy appreciates it, but go get your shower and let us non morning people wake up fully.” I laughed at that, but obliged.

Getting ready this morning Jen didn’t have to do any touch ups to my makeup, of which I was pleased with. She still didn’t approve my very simple style, today was just a nice skirt blouse combo that showed my figure quite well. I even argued that I thought that there was an elegance to its simplicity to which she just rolled her eyes at me.

By the time we arrived at Sunday School my anxiety was high but not enough that I couldn’t hide it. Greeting Robin before class started, it didn’t appear that Alicia had told her anything about me, or anyone else. If she had of told anyone at all it would have been all over the town by now I was pretty sure. By the time class had ended I was fairly calm and thoroughly enjoyed class and even the service after. I kept looking around to see if there was anyone staring at me, while I was calm I was still a bit nervous. Other than a few guys were staring at me, no one was giving me any odd looks thankfully. Strangely I didn’t find the stares the guys did give me really didn’t bother me at all, I knew what was behind those stares and that kind of excited me. Which surprised and scared me at the same time.

I spent most of the day with my guard up, just in case she did tell someone. The day actually was quite relaxing and calm. Knowing tomorrow was Monday, and I would be back in School in full Robbie mode with Alicia being there, my mind kept thinking that today was just the calm before the storm. That thought was what kept bouncing around in my head that night as I tried to fall asleep.

 
 
To Be Continued in Chapter 13.
 

Readers, Please Remember to Leave a Comment

Want to comment but don't want to open an account?
Anyone can log in as Guest Reader -- password topshelf to leave a comment.

up
327 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Should be a rather

Should be a rather interesting Monday at school for Rebecca and Jen, when they confront Alicia or she confronts them in front of all the other girls.
Very glad that Rebecca now has a friend who is a boy, as she can definitely know herself truly as the girl she is.

I really like this story! Can

I really like this story! Can't wait for the next part. Hopefully Alicia will come around and the fact that they are romantically attracted to each other will not rip them apart

I really hope that Alicia and

I really hope that Alicia and Rebecca can be a couple I think they would be so cute together.

Robbie

Great story. Interesting subject matter. Looking forward to more chapters.

Pentatonic

Just Love It

Rebecca

Just Love it from start to end this story is wonderful

Rebecca/Robbie cant marry Jen the way he dreamed of when they were a lot younger and now he has become a young woman that dream can become true depending on where they live

Alicia seems to have a crush on the young lady who she thought was a male and hope they can remain friends and how we have Paul appearing in the story

Well done Rebecca

SamanthaAnn

Didn't totally understand

Jamie Lee's picture

Alicia didn't totally understand what Robbie told her the first, and couldn't believe it when told the entire story. How is this now going to affect their friendship? After having time to think about what she heard, will she realize the pressure Robbie/Rebecca has been under? Or is she still angry enough to out Rebecca?

Paul seems to have made an impression on Rebecca. He didn't come on to her with some lame line, he accepted her as just another runner. And even though they really don't know each other very well, he was there for her when she had her melt down. They have indeed become friends. Or more? Paul even learned a bit about his car thanks to Rebecca.

Wonder how others are going to react when Rebecca is finally introduced to the world. Like Paul, Jen and her mom, like Rebecca's parents, or like Alicia?

Others have feelings too.

what a nice guy.

dam, the world needs more guys like him ...

DogSig.png