Life on the Run in Skirts - Chapter 14

Printer-friendly version

CHAPTER 14 - Just two illegals crossing the border

The hotel had a shuttle to the train station. The train left relatively on time and the trip was uneventful. Both girls were in full diva mode as they headed to the border check point. Ellen had hoped for a male guard, in her opinion women are far more observant about other women. Much to her disappointment, their interview was conducted by a stern looking middle-aged woman dressed in a drab green military style uniform. Ellen went first and her passport was given a careful examination. The guard went through her oversized purse with a professional thoroughness. She waved Ellen through. Ellen stood off to the side to wait on her traveling companion, her heart racing.

George stepped in front of the border guard. Heather flashed his brightest smile and willed himself to be calm. Heather’s well practiced girly hello in English was met with was a noncommittal grunt. The guard held up the passport picture next to Heather’s face and scrutinized it closely. Heather was questioned on the reason for her visit to Mexico and how long she had been there. Heather gave the same rehearsed answers Ellen had. The guard was obviously suspicious but didn’t find anything worth further investigation. Until she opened Heathers bag and rummaged through it, when she suddenly stopped and asked, "Miss does everything in this bag belong to you?" Heather nodded yes. The guard moved Heather behind a privacy screen. Then she called for her supervisor. Another woman who could have been a clone of the first showed up. The two had a whispered exchange.

The supervisor reached into the bag and asked, "Miss how do you explain this?" Heather was at a loss as to what could have been wrong. He had a flashback to the time he was framed for carrying drugs. The guard withdrew the wooden caved dildo and held it up like a trophy. She waited for Heather to say something. But the faux girl could think of nothing to say so he just stood there with flaming cheeks of red. It was the ultimate embarrassment. Despite the humiliation he felt relief it was only a sex toy they found this time.

It was a Mexican standoff; his face was beet red from embarrassment. Eventually George knew he had to say something, so in his best Heather voice he said, "It’s a souvenir to remind me of my vacation." That response produced a grin from both guards who could imagine how a young woman spent her vacation. She was waved through. "Alright Miss, you can go. Welcome home."

George blushed, and was becoming a little uncomfortable with the continued use of feminine pronouns. But then he guessed that is what he looked like at the moment. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck…He'll just have to get used to it.

A shaken George found Ellen trying hard to withhold a giggle.

Ellen took Heather by the arm and the two crossed into the US where both breathed a sigh of relief. Ellen took Heather’s hand and said, "Well, we did it!"

George smiled, wiped the perspiration off his brow, and said, "Was there ever any doubt?"

They boarded the trolley that took then north to their rendezvous with Beth.

@ @ @ @

Beth drove to the airport, parked her car and rented an SUV to throw off anyone trailing her. She drove to the trolley station and waited for her brother and sister-in-law to arrive.

Beth recognized Ellen, but the woman with her looked like a total stranger. It wasn’t until they were at the car that Beth got a good look at the stranger and recognized her brother.

Beth hugged Ellen. "Welcome home." Then, pulling her brother’s leg, she added, "Who is your companion? I was expecting my brother. Didn’t he make it?"

Ellen fell in with the game. "I’m sorry. Where are my manners? Beth, I would like to introduce my traveling companion and paramour, Heather."

George was in no mood for this, He said "Knock it off. Just get me out of here. I can’t wait to get home." He was trying to sound firm, but to everyone’s surprise his voice was a soft soprano rather than the manly baritone Beth was expecting.

Beth merged into traffic and said, "I am afraid it isn’t safe for you my dear brother to go home yet. The police are still actively looking for you. Every time I drive past your house to check on the mail, I see a car with two men sitting in it, watching your neighborhood. I can’t prove it, but I think my phone is tapped.

"On top of that, I have been visited by the same FBI agent at least once a week, asking about both of you."

Ellen was scared, "What is George going to do? Why are the U.S. cops so interested in an American arrested for something as simple as attempting to smuggle a minuscule amount of cocaine?"

"I have no idea why you are public enemy # 1, dear brother. Whatever the reason, you are being actively sought by the authorities. Hell, I am on my FBI’s agent’s speed dial. We are on a first name basis.

“Knowing you were coming home; I have been doing a little research. After seeing my brother, I am sure my plan will work. I have found someplace George, as Heather, can live temporarily other than in my basement.

"My thought is let the law think that he is still in Mexico. The safest thing to do is have him drop off the grid completely until things quiet down. We will hide him someplace where the police will never think to look for him. No contact at all with his old life. No phone, no email, no internet."

Beth drove on explaining, "After we drop Ducky off, I will drive Ellen to my home where she can pick up her car and drive home. Ellen will have to play dumb when questioned about her husband’s whereabouts. Explaining her absence by saying that with her husband locked up for 10 years, she just needed to get away to clear her head."

From the back seat, George inquired, "Drop me off where? I am not liking this great plan."

"I wasn’t sure about my plan, but after seeing you as Heather, it was obvious it would work. Ellen, you told me he made a believable looking woman. Your description didn’t do him justice. Relax Ducky. Before you say no, hear me out. I have found a perfect solution to keep you from getting arrested. There is a motel near the main street mall that is advertising for help. Brace yourself brother, the position is for a maid."

There was a gasp from the back seat.

Beth looked over her shoulder and went on, "They aren’t paying much but the position offers room and board. George will have to continue to dress and act like a woman. He will get a job and hide in plain sight as Heather. The motel won’t be asking for any papers, their employees are almost exclusively illegals. They pay under the table in cash. He will earn enough to pay for his essentials. Plus, he will have a place to live, all the while staying off the grid. Nothing the authorities can use to trace back to him."

George interrupted, "Wait just one damn minute, you expect me to not only continue living as a female, but I will have to work as a maid again? I just got out of that situation and now you want to throw me back in that tarpit. I can’t seem to catch a break."

He continued to whine from the backseat, "All the hell I went through in Mexico was worth it because I was confident my problems were over once I crossed back into the States. Now I find I that have to continue running from the cops as a wanted man; but now I will be a wanted woman hiding from not only the cops, now I have to worry about being rounded up by ICE. I don’t think it can get worse."

Beth tried to lighten the moment as she teased, "Cheer up brother. With the way you look, you’ll either end up married or in a woman’s prison."

Ellen chastised her sister-in-law, "Beth, you are not helping. If you aren’t going to be helpful, please keep quiet."

In the back-seat, George was going through a huge roller coaster ride of emotions. The thought of continuing his female masquerade was terrifying, even if it was temporary. He tried one more time to talk his way out of this situation.

"Ellen, I can’t continue to do this. I have been lucky so far, now it is only a matter of time until my true gender will be exposed!"

Ellen was tired of George’s grumbling. She twisted in her seat so that she could make eye contact with her husband and, as sternly as she could, scolded him. "Ducky, I have had all I can take of you feeling sorry for yourself. Knock off the negative vibes baby, not only can you do this; but you will! Heed my words, our child is not going to grow up with his father rotting away in a stinking Mexico prison.

“Here is what you are going to do! You will continue being Heather and she will be the best damn maid this motel has ever had. You are more than qualified to perform your housekeeping duties. That only leaves maintaining a reasonably feminine appearance and attitude for a few more weeks."

George’s stomach was doing acrobatics while he was having heart palpitations. This was a tough decision to make on the spot. On the one hand, having to live his life scrubbing toilets as a lowly maid sounded positively revolting! Even if he had been doing that for the past several weeks.

He sat back in his seat and weighed the pro’s and con’s. He could do it. The question was did he want to. What initially seemed to be a difficult dilemma, with some serious thought turned out to be no decision at all. He had no alternative. Being sent back to a Mexican prison looking like a feminized man, would be a nightmare. He would be every prisoner’s bitch. He couldn’t survive that.

up
114 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

boy has his life been ruined

will he ever be in a position that the people around him will respect him?

I feel like the US government

KateElizabethSuhr13's picture

I feel like the US government wouldn't care that someone broke out of a Mexican prison in fact I'm pretty sure he was put there illegally as he is a US citizen and no one could prove that was his. And now especially that he's back in the US they'd have to try him before sending him back to Mexico which I can't see them doing because if anything he'd go to US prison. But with a good lawyer that his wife should be able to afford he'd get his name cleared and then should sue his former boss for putting him in the situation in the first place and then firing him for whole heartedly thinking he's some kind of drug smuggler.

Sorry I just hate when someone gets mistreated in these stories and I've read too many of them recently and just feel so bad for these characters.

So It Wasn't an Aztec Artifact...

...and George did make it across the border. (And so, more's the pity, did Ellen.)

Doing bottom level work at a place that's all but begging for an ICE raid doesn't strike me as an ideal solution, especially since Ellen and Beth seem disinclined to try anything that would change the situation for the better, since they aren't the ones having to hide.

Eric

From bad to worse

At least when George was being a maid in Mexico, outside working hours he was with Ellen, could more-or-less continue their relationship, and had the motivation of it only being a few weeks before he could return to the US.

Now he's being told that his only option of being free is to work illegally as a maid indefinitely, with no contact whatsoever with Beth, Ellen or anyone else he knows, for however long it takes for the US government to lose interest in him. It's like swapping one form of imprisonment with another.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!