The Prophet Revised Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version


The Prophet

By Jasmine Monica

Serin receives an offer much like the one that Patinea recieved many years ago that allowed her to take the crown from him. Serin makes a major decision that affects the course of everyones life and Edwyn forsees a conflict and prepares

Chapter 10

Serin had been getting increasingly unhappy lately. It seemed the only thing he enjoyed were the classes he taught with the girls. But there was one thing that kept bothering him, and that was why did the Goddess that he loved to think he should have become a girl, and she gave him no choice in the matter. To restore his sex, he had to take matters into his own hands and ally with a much greater and darker power, and in restoring himself, he destroyed the goddess restoration.

That's how clear it was that his beloved family had never intended on restoring his sex. And it was clear that this was the will of Prognita, and that is the Goddess that he chose to serve. The more he thought about it in the past few months the more it angered him. Why had the Goddess not wanted him to be male? Why did the Goddess believe he should be female? If this was the case then why wasn't he born female, or why didn't he at least have a female spirit to go with the body

Being female was agony and suffering for his male mind that he did anything to escape. The Goddess and the Hekatin never intended to restore him, so he was forced to embrace the darkness to regain his masculinity. Even now, as a boy, he knew the femininity in his spirit remained and exhibited itself in his refined movements and his speech patterns that endured him more to girls than to boys. He felt so cursed by the Goddess at times, and his anger at it grew

There were times when he considered giving up and simply making himself female for ever.

A hawk had just flown through his window this night and delivered an envelope. There was a name on it, from Asiria from the Hashmasions. He never heard of them in his life.

He bent down and took a deep breath and opened it up and took out the thick sheet of parchment and read it.

“My mighty Princess Serinina. I am Asiria and the mistress of a group of warriors. If you want to reclaim your life and be more than a feminine slave to the Goddess teaching her subjects, or living as a princess in the shadow of the false king, or your sister's shadow whose only job is to be pretty, or perhaps a wife. You can join my group, and we will retain you to be the greatest fighter and warrior that has ever lived. You will win glory like you never thought possible. I will be riding to your place tonight. You have until then to make your decision. We train the most elite female warriors ever. And we are offering you that training.”

He had stayed home this day, and it was lucky for him. He didn't feel like going over to the school to teach this day. Serin really felt like taking this offer, but to do it, he would have to be female.

And that was no problem since his experience gave him such a powerful female spirit. This woman Asira would be showing up within a few hours. So Serin did it. He reached for his feminine energy within his body and chanted the spell of the Goddess that transformed him into Serinina. Of course, this was an age-appropriate Serinina that was only twelve. She didn't have the enormous breasts, and she also wasn't quite as large as the other Serinina that her sister transformed at fifteen. But Serin felt this was going to be what this body would grow up to become. And something told him that he was going to have to retrain for combat because it was coming whether he liked it or not. And his fate would require him to fight. A war was coming very soon, and he wanted to be ready for the fight that was coming. Serin removed his corset and simply wore the dress that he had on already and waited for his other mother Vakia, to arrive. Vakia was out this morning, and Asiria was going to be here later today to get him if he wanted. Serin fully intended to go with the woman.

Serin simply sat at their kitchen table waiting and going through all of his horrific memories of the darker times when he was fully under his sister's thumb and unable to do a thing to stop her from abusing him. He let all of the hate flow through him that afternoon until he heard Vakias carriage pulling up, and she got out.

He heard her steps approaching the front door, and she came, though. Vakia was disheartened to see Serinina sitting at the table waiting instead of the boy Serin. She knew something was wrong and went to sit beside him.

“Tell me what is going on with you, Please Serin. Why are you in the form of a woman now?”

Vakia also felt the wrath coming from the boy.

Sarin took out the mysterious letter and laid it in front of Vakia and let her read it.

Then Sarin stated, “This is the form that the Goddess wanted me in regardless of my feelings on the matter. She wanted to see me humiliated and powerless against those who were going to hurt me. They all thought that giving me this form was going to make me powerless.”

Sarin said though his teeth, his entire body tense and seething with rage. She knew this was big trouble. “Sarin, the Goddess never wanted you to be powerless and abused. That was all your cruel sisters doing, and her supporters. They were betraying the Goddess when they chose to do that. It was not the Goddess will. And you know that!”

“Do I?” Sarin replied. “The Goddess wanted my sister to ascend to the throne instead of me. Prognita sent my sister the visions of me as a happy woman with a child, Prognita also sent Actonia the same visions showing I was going to be happy as a woman for the rest of my life. Prognita also sent my sister as well as Actonia the visions of Patinea as a glorious king instead of me, all I got in those visions was a child. So how can you say this was not the will of Prognita?”

“We don't know if any of them are telling the truth, or even the whole truth. But perhaps if they weren't so cruel and humiliating to you, in trying to force you into it all, that you could have been happy as a woman. We will never know because they tried to use force and humiliation on you, and there's no way any woman can be happy with her life under that. They should have known better. The Goddess did. So how can you blame her for this?” Vakia tried to reason with Sarin.

“Because it was still her will to turn me when I was perfectly happy as a man. She pushed them to change me, all while knowing those women have built up a seething resentment and hate of me. Turning me, and placing my sister as king over me made me totally helpless against a powerful group of women who wanted to humiliate and hurt me. My entire life was taken away, and I was trapped in a helpless humiliating life under the power of vindictive cruel women. That was indeed the will of the Goddess. She felt I should be turned into a girl whether or not I liked it. My personal feelings were totally immaterial. So I will be a woman, here I am.”

“But you are a woman full of hate, Sarin,” Vakia said. “It sounds like you are doing this to spite Prognita. Why are you considering going with this woman for?”

“The Goddess, my sister, and the entire leadership of the Hekatin thought, making me a woman would make me weak and allow them to control me. So they could force me into the shadows and have no power. That I could not fight. I want to prove them otherwise. The Goddess cursed me with this female form, thinking I would be unable to fight. I know women who do fight, and that's what I want.”

“Your form is anything but weak, that plan blew up in your sister's face.” Vakia pointed out. “You were bestowed with immense power in this form. You may be the most powerful witch in the entire isles. Even I fear what you can do, Sarin. You aren't weak in any way.”

“My body is too weak, and I stood in my sister's shadow. Her body was so powerful and imposing that I felt so little next to her in her military uniform and her scars. Now I know that women can be deadly fighters. I will go train with them, and then I will return and show Patinea what a true warrior is.” Sarin replied

Vakia felt so helpless. She saw that this day would come. Sarin would seek to retrain his mind and body for combat. Combat and leadership seemed to be his destiny. She had known that Sarin blamed Prognita for everything. He never gave up his anger at what happened. He wanted vengeance.

Another carriage pulled up to the Manor, and two large, well-armed fearsome-looking women wearing padded leather armor walked through her door. The smaller woman looked at Sarin's female form and nodded approvingly. The two sat down across from Sarin and Vakia. The smaller woman said, “Princess Serinina. My name is Asirah, and I lead the order of Hashashians. There aren't many that know about us, but those that do know not to bother us. Even the mightest kings learned to fear us. And we are here to offer you our training.”

Sarin smiled. Vakia said sarcastically. “I heard of your order of assassins. King Gerik's great grandfather was going to lead a campaign against your hidden fortress in the mountains until he found a dagger through a letter stuck though the bed beside his pillow. You can get into anywhere and kill anyone. But please, Sarin think about this? You really don't have to fight to be strong. You don't have to win glory in battle to have your name repeated though the ages. You have so much love and respect here among me, your pupils, and the leadership of the hekatin. Your power will grow until even the greatest kings will have to follow your advice. Why would you want to give that up?”

“Because,” Sarin snarled. “This is the will of the Goddess that stole my sex, my name, and even my future and humiliated me. I don't want that life, I want the life I was promised before she stole it?”

Asiria said softly, “And that's what we are offering. But Sarinina, you don't have to be a girl to do this. Our order is female, but there is a male order of assassins that we can take you to.”

“Oh,” Replied Sarin. “But I had training as a male and anyway,”

“Even as male,” Asiria
pointed out, looking at Sarin. “You have much to learn about combat. I know you were among the best warriors as prince Sarin. But you were no match for us. You could beat three to five men at your best. We can teach you how to defeat an entire army by yourself. You and I watched your sister Patinea fight. You used brut strength and armor. We will show you how to use speed, stealth, and skill to make yourself invulnerable.”

That sounded impossible. “The Goddess forced me to be female, So this is what I will be for her, Serinina will become her greatest enemy” Sarin wore a face full of hatred and vengeance. He snarled with rage, “Serinina will be her greatest nightmare. Serinina will ensure she never is restored to the land. She will spend eternity in her tomb, helpless and defeated by her own creation.”

Serinina turned and walked out with Amiria and her daughter. The two girls loaded onto the hashashins carriage and started off on the long trip ahead.

Emily and Vakia looked at eachother in total helplessness. “I loved my brother so much,” Emily said, wiping the tears from her eyes. “The girls fell in love with Sarin. We did our best to help him. What has happened, Vakia?” Tears were flowing down the little girl's face.

“Sarin wants to be strong without the Goddess’s power. He feels so betrayed and hurt by Prognita, he wants to fight her, and all of her followers. And he senses the time coming when she will try to rise, Sarin does not want to be helpless this time around. And he hates the Goddess Prognia.”

Serinina had sat on her seat, feeling happy to be there. They had ridden a little more than a half-hour when the younger girl move up beside her. She introduced herself, “I am Asiria's daughter Aethelfled. Welcome to our order Serinina.”

“Thanks,” replied Serinina.

“I need to tell you a few things before we proceed. This is your chance to leave. If you wish, just tell us, and we will stop and let you go back. We won't let you leave alive once we are there. I hope that you understand that.”

Serinina laughed bitterly.

“I am serious. If you cant, make it, or if you try to flee, then we will have to kill you, Serinina. Our order and our location must remain secret from everyone.” Aethelfled said seriously. Serinina still laughed as if she didn't take it seriously.

“We will have to train you harder than anyone ever trained before. You must forget everything that you thought you knew, Princess Serinina. You will be trained in a far more lethal art of fighting, and you will have to be studying all of the Hekatins prophesies, their religion, the Goddess, and it all. I know you think you studied it all, but you have from within their classes to be indoctrinated. We will teach you the real history and what caused their downfall. And training to fight, and a new style of magic. And if you fail, then we may have to kill you.”

Serinina laughed bitterly, “As if anyone could if you tried.”

Asirah shouted, “Stop, I think Serinina needs a demonstration of what we can really do and why our name is feared by even the most powerful kings.”

The carriage stopped, and the two females left the carriage, followed by Serinina. Then Aethelfled said seriously, “Serinina, I am going to attack you. And you defend yourself, or you may get hurt.”

Serinina didn't take it seriously as Athelfled charged at her, and before Serinina could even prepare, she was on her back as the impact drove her breath from her lungs, and Aaethelfled was ontop of her and struck her face hard. “If I was serious, you would be dead now. At least try to make this a challenge.”

Serinina shouted, “Look at me, Damn it. I can't do a thing in this form. I am tiny, all of my training was for nothing. I have no strength, I wasn't allowed to even train like my sister. I can't do anything in this.”

“That's where we come in, but at least try to repel my next attack, or you may get hurt even more.” And Aethelfled charged at her again and flew up fifteen feet into the air.

Serinina cast a spell calling on a gust of wind to blow her away. But nothing seemed to affect her, Serinina shot a projection at her trying to repel her attack. Aethelfled simply knocked it away with her hand and fell on Serinina again. It really hurt her. “See, we are immune to the power of the Goddess. It was part of our training and our ability. So do you doubt our threat anymore?”

serinina groaned in pain, “No, but how did you do that, are you using the powers of the war god Maxis, or Mars?”

They helped Serinina up and healed her bruises. Then both girls laughed, “No, they are all fools. We will teach you the source of our magic, but you must decide now, do you wish to continue this course, or walk away?”

Serinina braced herself and shouted. Her voice trembling with emotion, “I will stay this course. And if I can't make it, then I would rather die than fail. I will become the greatest warrior in the entire world. And I will kill my Patinea. I have seen her reclaiming the Crown in Denaerk. I see her killing Edwyn and his family with the power of Lilith.”

“We see that too.” Replied Asiria. “That is why we are going to train you so hard. Twice or Three times as hard as anyone else. And when you think you had enough, you haven't even begun yet. And none of us doubt you can handle it. So let's go.”

They got back into the carriage and begun riding out again. Asirah said as they started their journey again. “You will also have to learn to control your rage. It will only get you so far, but it will cloud your judgment and make you act like an idiot. You will have to learn to control it, and keep your rage under control. You must be like ice. Cold, emotionless, like a true warrior. Or you will die.”

“I can do that,” Serinina replied through her grit teeth. “It's hard after everything. The Hekatin thought, making me a small girl like this, would make me weak and easy for them to control. Many of them thought it was funny and amusing.”

“I can see that,” Replied Aethelfled.

“I will teach them otherwise.” Serinina simply stated evenly. There was no emotion in her words at all. It was a simple flat statement. It was no scream of fanatical rage. It wasn't yelled in white-hot passion. It was a simple icy cold statement of determination. It was about as dangerous as you could get. It left Asiria with no doubt that Serinina was going to succeed.

“I will reclaim my crown over the entire royal family's corpses. And then I will kill all of the witches.”

“Have you returned to the War God,” Inquired Aethelfled hoping Serinina has not.

“No, I am tired of Gods and Goddess controlling our destiny. I will end the age of Gods and Goddess once and for all. We will be in charge of our life, not some deity who can change our life at a whim.

Serinina fell asleep after several long hours of riding.

Aethelfled turned to her mother and asked in a tone full of worry, “Are you sure training this girl is really a good idea, Mother, Killing all of the witches, are you serious?”

“Yes, my daughter,” replied Asirah. “She has been abused and mistreated. Training her is our destiny. She is vital. And she won't kill the witches. She will find out she won't have to kill them all. She was their only hope. The Hekatin are fools who sealed their own doom by mistreating her. You will see. The Hekatin will die, but not by Serinina's hands. Now lets just rest. We have a lot to do.”

xxxx

There were many things that simply did not make sense anymore to Edwyn at that moment. He knew that Serin wanted to be placed outside of the royal family so he would no longer be subjected to the stress and possible betrayals that resulted from being the heir, or someone closely related to them. So the Goddess placed him as far away from the center of power as possible. He was a Dukes son on a far off island, but the Dukedom was still immensely powerful, and the continued stability of the Kingdom relied on them.

How ever, Edwyn had got the news that Serin has betrayed the Goddess and allied himself against her. He swore to destroy the supporters of the Goddess and devote himself to never seeing her restored again. This was tragic news and it meant a war was coming. On top of that, Serin's estranged sister Patinea was gaining power in her devotion to the false Goddess Lilith, and she was also coming for his throne very soon. She had begun gathering an army.

None of this made any sense. Edwyn thought that Patinea was en extremely devoted follower of the Goddess and was the one that led the attempt for the first restoration campaign that failed. But her loyalty was dubious at best. She wanted power over any loyalty to a goddess. It was just the Goddess was the path to power, and when the Goddess was forced to turn on her, then she no longer had any use to remain loyal.

How ever, Edwyn thought that Serin was one of the most devout boys in the religion of the Goddess. He had a chance to destroy her, but he didn't. He had become so devoted and loyal that he was assigned a teaching position at a hekatin academy knew that Serin had gone through a lot. He understood that Sarin had gone through what can be considered torture for the sake of the Goddess. But Sarin was strong, and he thought Sarin understood. Apparently not. He still harbors his anger and pain, and that drove him to betray the Goddess. He saw what was coming, and none of it was good. His family's chances of survival against Patinea and Sarin's forces combined were remote at best, especially with Lilith supporting them. None of this was good at all. It all meant that Edwyn had to increase their training and their preparation on the double, and he was nowhere near ready.

Edwyn had taken his sister Victoria out here every single day for long hours of studying the ancient texts. He studies the language of Heaven itself and had devoted entire days to studying it. He helped his sister with the Hekatin arts when he was available, but she had studied under a master of the Hekatin. Falconet was kind enough to come all the way out here and give Victoria her personal instruction. But he still sensed defeat against the forces of Sarin and Patinea coming for his family. So while his sister Victoria was working with the Hekatin to increase her witchcraft skills, he was working on other things.

He had spent the past few months intently studying the symbols and runes from the heavens themselves. Gabriel was kind enough to offer her help when he was having trouble making some of them for himself. But there was one goal in mind for Edwyn at that time. He needed weapons to fight this evil with, and he had none. Of course, steal was almost everywhere, so it would be easy for the boy to make his own if that's what he really wanted. But Edwyn didn't want just any swords. He needed a special type of sword that could fight and withstand the power of heaven, and its fire to fight great evil. And there was only a specific type of metal for that, and it was only found high in the mountain tops. There was only one way for him to get there, so he needed to increase his skills for that. Edwyn needed to do one thing for this all. He had learned how to call down the fire, but that was only part of the plan. Edwyn felt the power from within that far surpassed the witch's feminine spark he felt within him. But he needed to release it.

His sister Victoria watched closely as Gabriel gave him instructions that he needed. Reach from within him, feel his power, and focus it. It will come when he reaches down. So Edwyn took off at a blinding speed and leaped up high into the air. He felt the air get colder and thinner as he went up into the clouds, and he struggled to maintain it. He felt the power within, and he reached down, he focused his mind and tried to touch it. He wanted to channel it, but it wasn't there yet. The buildings were tiny now at this hight, but he began falling. The gravity took hold and began pulling him down.

Edwyn desperately tried to reach for his power, but he kept failing to draw from it. The ground was racing up to him, and he felt the massive impact. He plunged into the ground at a blinding speed. Edwyn was unhurt, but he cursed. His impact had created a crater, and the shockwave from his impact knocked his sister back. Edwyn needed to go faster and higher to achieve this.

So Edwyn prepared and shot out at an even faster speed than before. He let himself go over twice the distance to build up more speed before he lurched himself high into the sky. Victoria gasped as he shot up into the air.

Edwyn felt the air thinning and the ground leaving him at a rapid pace. The air got a lot colder, and then it got darker, and he began to see the world curve into a round ball. He had no idea how high he was, but there was almost no air up here. Then he tried to reach for the power and struggled to maintain the contact with the power within him.

Then suddenly, Edwyn erupted as the power he reached for was finally achieved and channeled through every fiber of his body. Enormous wings sprouted from his back and spread out in a glorious display, and he was flying all on his own. He turned his body and struggled to fly on his own. He explored the world around him as he learned how to fly.

He descended into the thicker air and turned around and flew over the majestic palace. The place now seemed to be a place of pain and suffering. He could not forget how Serin had lost his future in that place and was trapped in his bedroom while his sister Patenia took power and his future. She enjoyed it all while he was trapped in a life of misery and powerlessness. It was great for her, but she was a brutal and cruel tyrant that abused her brother with her newfound power. Edwyn hated that palace and sincerely wanted to burn the entire thing down. He planned to hand the crown to his own sister on his own, but it didn't affect him at all as he had a higher allegiance and a reason for being. It would not make him powerless, and his sister had no grudge to destroy him with her power. The same could not be said of Sarin when it happened. But now it was time to get what he wanted.

So he turned his body around and flew toward the mountain range in the distance. Edwyn also realized he could fly at any speed he desired. So while the mountain range was nearly a thousand miles away, he increased his speed to many times the speed of sound and was there within minutes.

Then he saw the enormous temple of Mars guarded and controlled by the priests. This was one of the main temples of the priests, and it was time for them to end.

Edwyn hovered over the temple of the priests and yelled in a very commanding tone. “Blasphemies, idolators, your reign of terror over the planet is over. God commands your destruction.”

Then Edwyn called upon the power of heaven and rained white-hot heavenly fire over the entire temple. Every single priest within the temple was burnt alive. There was nothing left with the fire many thousands of degrees finished its job. The fire was hotter than the core of the sun. Then Edwyn found the metal that he was looking for deep within the ground. It was one of the purest veins of ore he had ever seen. He knocked a deep hole in the ground and got as much as he needed and then returned to his sister.

Now, Edwyn needed to build a forge to begin work on the weapons he needed to fight with.

Xxx

“I miss Emily,” Sarinina said sadly. “And I think I heard her cry when I left. But its too late now.” Said Sarin as he sat alone in a study.

“Yes, it's too late.” Asirah agreed. “Its time to begin. We are all here, and its time to introduce ourselves. We are the Hashashins. A group of elite female warriors and assassins. We are the most lethal. We have descended from the Goddess’s personal guard from her reign, and we are all that's left aside from one final hidden noble family that escaped the genocide. I am the final descended of its captain. Amadia here was the general of the forces of the Goddess. We saw the disaster that was to come. It was caused by the Goddess herself, and the people who placed themselves in charge against her will and lead by brutality and corruption. They caused their own downfall, but much of the Hekatin blame the men, the men they were persecuting. The Hekatin are fools and causing their own downfall again.” Asirah sadly said.

“Yes, I suspected so.”

“Sarinina, its time to learn about your prophecy, and this alone will reveal the stupidity of the Hekatin. Let's study this book. It details the prophesy that the Hekatin were relying on when they changed you. I know you mastered the language, can you tell me the title of this book?”

“Prophesies of the future and tales.” Sarin read.

Amirah nodded and then opened the book and found the part that she wanted him to read.

Sarinina made a face, “The Prophesy of the Boy Princess. So this is a prophecy that caused my change?”

“Yes,” Asirah replied, look at the part. “So let's start reading it and tell me what you think.”

Sarinina read the pages and found himself getting increasingly confused and angry. “So they were going to change a prince into a princess so his sister can take control. It was meant to happen all along?” Sarin yelled.

“No,” Asirah said sadly. “This wasn't. Read it. Look at the language and the tone,
read the entire prophecy. Yes, a boy was going to be changed, but that's all they read, read on about what happens to the boy, and what he becomes. And the eventual outcomes from the change. Doesn't it read more like a warning to them to not do this?”

Sarinina read it and agreed, “Yes, its almost what happened to me.”

“It sounds like it is warning the hekatin against it. The boy will be angry, he won't accept it and be happy. He will destroy them, or the Goddess herself will reward him if he was to go to her for help against them. And it says the hekatin will kneel before the boy princess. He will rule over them. They must have missed that part. The Hekatin are idiots.”

“So what about the priests,” Sarinina asked. “They seem even dumber. How could they have won?”

“Because they had strong and wise leaders,” Asirah replied. “But like everything else, time made them forget and become incompetent. Think about it?” Asirah laughed. “They let the Hekatin grow strong right under their nose. They had you under their protection, to crown, and allowed the Hakatin to surround you, and change you into a princess right in front of them and they messed it all up. Their only answer to stop it was to try to kill a young girl as if that would change anything. When you escaped your sister and fled to their temple for help, did they help you in any way?”

“No,” Sarinina replied sadly. “They threatened me and ridiculed me as a girl questioning and pleading for help. As if they couldn't help me.”

“Yes,” Asirah said, looking into Sarinina’s eyes. “They had you in their grasp, desperate and willing to do anything. The betrayed crown prince right there and they sent you away with a lie. They could have used you to regain power if they had any brains. You could have been a rallying cry against Pateinea that would have inspired many to join you, but they didn't. They threatened you, and insulted you. The Priests are even stupider than the Hekatin, and that's hard to do. They are both architects of their own destruction.

up
31 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Vengeance blinds

Jamie Lee's picture

Serin has given himself over to the anger of what was done to him. His only view now is one of vengeance against so many that he missed naming himself.

He's too young, and iiexperienced, to know what vengeance leads too. To know that while vengeance sounds good at the moment, it will destroy all that it touches.

The power Serin seeks won't come at the point of a sword or use of magic. It will come by the way others are treated, with force turning others against the aggressor.

Serin may kill all who he believes were involved in turning him into a girl and tormenting him. And his attempt to fight the Goddess. But in the end, he will lose all he thought he was going to gain through killing. He will lose himself.

Others have feelings too.