The Blossoming of Ciri, Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version

The Blossoming of Ciri

Chapter 2- The Tree Dies

“Hi my full name is Alex Damion Marteau and I’m. Well currently I’am 18 but in this story I will be telling you about when my life got turned upside down and changed both me and my family forever...” Chapter 2...

“Blackness... complete blackness... am I dead? No I can’t be dead... it’s too soon. I remember... flashes? Images? Hmm... Amber! I was with her... I am a girl... or was I a girl? No I am a boy... yes a boy, who dressed as a girl... the mall, the soreness, what is that horrible clanging sound? I remember being sick... then sirens... Amber crying... my mother crying... why do I hurt so much? Why is someone smashing a hammer on an anvil? Ugh. So. Tired... need... slee... zzz...

One and a half hours later...

“Ugh why is everything white? Where am I?” I said confused.

A distant voice could be heard, “baby?” Growing closer and closer, “come on baby!” Getting louder and louder, “please baby open your eyes!”

“...Mom?” I asked quietly.

“Yes Alex it’s me. You’re finally awake you have been out for hours!” She exclaimed with joy.

“Where am I?” I asked, my voice felt sore and raspy probably from dehydration or the sick or both.

“You are in the hospital baby. You... had an accident.” She said with tears in her eyes.

What a relief it was to see my beautiful mother even as upset as she was, it still brought happiness to my heart. My Mom’s name is Angela Bryanne Marteau, although everyone just calls her Ann she is Irish and her family moved to America when she was 6. She has dark brown hair with natural ginger highlights and very green eyes. She has a bit of a weird accent due to growing up around her very Irish sounding parents and American friends. As I mentioned before she is a bit of a fitness nut so she is very slim and toned, her ahem, breasts are very big which run in the family, my sister Allison has them and Jasmine will probably get them too... yeah, anyway...

Allison and me get most of our looks from Mom. As for Jack and Jasmine, they look a lot more like Dad. I find the easiest way to explain what my Mom looks like is to imagine the hottest 20 year old girl you have ever seen and then age her another 20 or so years but with no wrinkles. Not to boast but my Mom would definitely win the hottest Mom of the year award... repeatedly. Anyway on with the story...

“What do you mean I had an accident?” I asked as panic started to seep into my brain.

“Um it might be best to let the doctors explain. I still don’t 100% understand exactly what is going on.” She took a small remote with a big red button that said call on it and pressed it.

“Ugh my mouth tastes like old vomit...” I thought. I clicked my lips in disgust, turning and weakly reaching to my left, I picked up a nearby cup of water up and carefully took a big gulp of it and then gently placed it back down. “Ah much better...” I thought again as I turned back to mom.

“Hey Mom where is Dad?” I asked curiously.

“Your father is currently in Florida. He left last night but I’ve called him and he should be back by tomorrow at the latest. She explained.

“And what about Amber?” I asked wondering what happened to my best friend.

“Amber? She was a wonderful girl she called me first and then called the ambulance. I drove straight here when I heard, leaving Allison at home to babysit the twins. As for Amber she rode in the ambulance with you. She insisted on not leaving your side. I believe she is currently in the waiting room. The last time I checked she had finally fell asleep after a night full of worry...” she explained sadly.

“A night?” I said shocked.

“Yes Alex you have been unconscious since yesterday. Well mostly, you would occasionally awake for a few seconds and then drift off again. It’s now 2:09 pm Monday.”

“Well at least I get to miss school today heh.” I said jokingly.

“You will be missing school all week.” A voice said suddenly. “By the time you leave here you will probably need to catch up on a lot.” A young female doctor walked in, looking at the clipboard in her hand as she talked.

“And probably have to change a couple of classes...” an older grey bearded man said walking in slightly after the young doctor while twiddling a pen in between his finger and thumb. He appeared to be a doctor as well.

“Ah hello doctors my son has woke up as you can see.” Mom said, cheering up a little bit at their presence.

“Yes and it was about time too, otherwise we would of had to erm explain the situation after the surgery. That would have been... awkward.” The older doctor said uncomfortably.

“Surgery!?” I asked shocked.

“Ah Mrs Marteau have you not told him yet?” The young doctor asked.

“Um no. I thought it best that you explain what is going on. I’m still, erm a bit shocked and I don’t understand all of the uh, technical stuff.” My Mom said unsure of herself.

“That is understandable Mrs Marteau. Then I will explain what is going on with Alex. But first introductions. I am Doctor Mishami and this is...” the young female doctor... sorry. Doctor Mishami said getting cut off.

“I am Doctor Brownhall.” The older doctor interrupted.

“Hello...” I said nervously.

“Alex what do you remember exactly about yesterday?” Doctor Mishami inquired.

“Um, I remember going shopping with Amber...” I started.

“The young woman outside asleep in the waiting room?” Doctor Brownhall asked.

“Yes, that’s her.” I continued. “I remember that after shopping we went to a nearby restaurant, nothing fancy. But then before I sat down I had this horrible cramp, the worst I have ever had in my life. I was surprised that I didn’t throw up.” I said with a shudder remembering the great pain I felt yesterday.

“And how long have you had these... cramps?” Doctor Mishami asked.

“I have been abnormally sore in my abdomen and genital areas for the past few days but I only started to get the cramps yesterday.” I explained.

“Baby why didn’t you mention this before?” Mom asked worryingly.

“I was going to when I got back from shopping with Amber. I didn’t really think that it was a big deal...” I said lamely.

“Well it’s a big deal now...” Doctor Brownhall said, still twiddling his pen.

“Hmm just as I thought...” Doctor Mishami muttered as she jotted something down on her clipboard.

“You still haven’t explained to me what happened...” I said growing more worried.

“Ah yes well that is a very long and ahem, complicated answer. So if you are ready to hear the answer you’d better get comfortable.” Doctor Mishami responded slowly for dramatic effect.

“Yes I’m ready tell me already the suspense is killing me.” I said starting to get slightly annoyed.

“Ok then. While you were unconscious, with your mothers permission, we did a ct scan on you to discover why you er, collapsed in the way you did. You might remember a sort of hammer noise as you did wake up a few times during it, anyway after careful examination of your groin area we discovered something odd. It seems that your penis and testicles were abnormally coloured and that the blood pressure was unusually high in that general area. In fact we had to, I’m sorry to say completely remove your testicles as they were... well dead and in risk of infection...” Doctor Mishami explained cautiously.

“You removed my balls?! But that means I can’t ever have children! Or other stuff...” I said shocked.

“Actually you can technically still have children but I will get to that later... anyway after examining the groin area and preforming emergency surgery on your testicles, we decided to test your blood for anomaly’s and we found something...” Doctor Mishami started.

“We discovered that your blood had an abnormally high amount of Estrogen in it, which we thought was odd for a boy your age. And on top of that you had almost a nonexistent amount of testosterone. So after more testing and another ct scan we discovered that you are um, ugh what was that word again.” Doctor Brownhall said while frustratingly rubbing his forehead.

“You are, in fact what is known as an hermaphrodite, which is the scientific term, but you might know it better as inter-sexed” Doctor Mishami continued for Doctor Brownhall.

“Ah yes that was the word thanks Mishami. That would have bothered me all day.” Doctor Brownhall said thankfully.

“Inter-sexed, I’ve heard the word before but I can’t remember what it means.” I wondered aloud.

“It falls under a lot of different categories but it generally means that you have partial or complete sexual organs of both sexes, or different types of chromosomes in your body. In your case though you are quite rare, most hermaphro... sorry, inter-sexed people only have partial sexual organs like as an example a complete penis and a vagina but no uterus, or a complete male body and XX chromosomes, etc...” She paused for a moment to look at her clipboard.

“...But you seem to have both complete sexual organs.” She continued. “Both a working vagina and penis, minus the lips for the vagina of course... But for some unknown reason your penis and testicles have now been completely overwhelmed by your vagina and the Estrogen that it produces, leaving your male genitalia extremely damaged. That is also the reason why your penis is so small and underdeveloped.” Doctor Mishami explained.

“As for your chromosomes... we have no idea what they are currently. Due to the fact that we still haven’t gotten some of the results back yet from the research department...” Doctor Brownhall said with a hint of irritation in his voice.

“But if Alex is inter-sexed how didn’t we see this sooner?” Mom asked the doctors.

“When younger you can’t really tell as easily... honestly the only reason we know now is because Alex started her menstrual cycle. That’s why the blood pressure was so high and what caused her to pass out, because the blood couldn’t escape.” Doctor Brownhall explained.

“Wait, wait wait... are you saying that I’m on my period!?” I asked, completely flabbergasted.

“Yes you are. That is actually mostly good news.” Doctor Mishami said happily.

“How in the world is that good news?!?” I practically shouted.

“Well because it means that you can get pregnant. You can still have children. If you so choose...” Doctor Mishami explained.

“Well I guess it’s not everyday that a guy is told that he can become pregnant.” I joked out of shock.

“Well in all honesty, you might not want to hear this but technically you’re not really male, your penis at this point is nothing more than a slightly oversized clitoris with foreskin over it. You are in all practicality a girl now. And once the research department sends back the full report the results should confirm this...” Doctor Brownhall stated carefully.

“Oh...” I said crestfallen.

“Anyway enough chatting, time is of the essence. We need to do surgery as quick as possible before the vaginal blood, ahem bursts it’s banks so to speak.” Doctor Brownhall stated quickly.

“You will need to make a decision Alex about the surgery. There are essentially two options, we can either open up the vagina in which we will have to do anyway, but afterwards we can remove the tiny amount of foreskin from the penis and shape your skin to form the lips, vulva and clitoris, in which you will end up becoming like any other girl your age. Or we can graft together a penis for you and just leave a small tube open for blood flow from your vagina. The grafted penis will be able to preform the um, usual acts of pleasure but the feelings will be fairly reduced so to speak.” Doctor Mishami explained.

“Had you remained unconscious we would have gone with the first option by default, with your mother’s permission of course... and um I know that it’s completely up to you, but if I was in your shoes I would choose the first option. We will just stand over here while you decide.” Doctor Brownhall said while slowly backing away.

“Mom what should I do?” I asked worried.

“Well dear it is up to you but honestly the complete vagina does sound better than a penis that only works at half the capability and can’t get anyone pregnant. But I may be biased due to me being a female all of my life.” Mom said gently.

“Well this sucks. Yesterday I was a somewhat normal teen boy but now I have a vagina?! What?! I guess I could go with the grafted penis so that I could still remain a guy...” I pondered.

“Wait a minute. What am I thinking! It is an obviously clear choice! Why would I rather have a crappy infertile flesh tube that barely works, when I can just have a fully working vagina, at least then I will be normal.” I thought with sudden realisation.

“Sure I would probably have to start living as a girl but then at least I could have a normal life and even a normal relationship with someone.” I reasoned with myself.

“Oh jeez Amber is going to be ecstatic when she hears this. Her dream of me becoming a girl has come true...” I thought with slight dread.

“Not to mention school. Ugh I don’t even want to think about that...” I shivered at the thought.

“Hmm, it would take a while to get used to but I guess it would be better to end up as a complete girl than to end up with a girl’s body and a broken penis. That is if what the doctors said is true and I have a fuck-ton of estrogen running throughout my body. Heh, no wonder my chest is always sore, I must have breasts growing...” I thought knowingly.

“Oh crap! That would mean that if my genetics held true, I would also inherit my mother’s breasts just like Allison! Oh shit, that’s going to be annoying...” I thought with dread.

“Fuck it! Let’s just do it!” I thought decisively.

“Ok I have made a decision...” I said looking at mom, then turning towards the doctors.

“And what would that be Mr... um, Miss... uh, ahem! Alex?” Doctor Mishami said awkwardly.

“The first option... I think it would be best if I, um, become a girl... completely...” I said nervously.

“I think you chose for the best Alex...” Mom said reassuringly.

“I guess I will have to get used to the fact that I now have three darling daughters instead of two.” She said with a tear in her eye.

“Gosh your father is going to be in for a surprise when he gets back...” She said with realisation.

“Alrighty then let’s get on with the procedure then!” Doctor Mishami said while handing me a sheet of paper and a pen from her clipboard.

“Please read this consent form and sign here, here and lastly here at the bottom please.” She pointed out.

“Mrs Marteau as... her, parent and/or guardian you also need to sign here at the bottom next to Alex’s signature in the aforementioned box.” Doctor Mishami explained to Mom.

We both signed our signatures in the appropriate boxes after reading through it thoroughly, before handing it back to Doctor Mishami who snatched it back then proceeded to check it to see if everything was in order. Afterwards she turned and nodded to Doctor Brownhall.

“Ok we need to get you prepped for surgery as soon as possible, time is of the essence, if it’s left like it is at this point for too long you’re vagina will, well burst. So let’s get going.” Doctor Brownhall said before grabbing the head of the bed/stretcher and started to wheel me towards the door of the private room that I was in.

He pushed me through the waiting area and turned me to head down the corridor towards the operating theatre. As we went past I saw Amber asleep in one of the chairs and glimpsed my mom as she walked over to her and sat down before Doctor Brownhall continued pushing me down through the corridor towards my impending surgery.

Stopping only briefly to pick up a clipboard with what seemed to be my information on it, he then continued onwards with me towards the theatre doors. As I was being pushed through my groin area started to throb from sudden pain. Seeing my reaction Doctor Brownhall shouted to the nurse to quickly prep me while he got into his operating gear.

The nurse, or at least the one that the doctor called to, seemed to be in her early 60’s, but it was hard to tell as she was wearing a mask and one of those scrub hats that everyone wears during surgery’s. The other two nurses who were running around moving lights and surgical equipment looked as if they were both in their 20’s, but again it was hard to tell.

The older nurse quickly walked over to me and gently but firmly picked up my legs and after giving the leg holders a quick wipe with a sanitised wet wipe, quickly placed my legs onto them. After putting me in what I think is called the lithotomy position, Doctor Brownhall came back wearing an apron and some weird binocular looking glasses. After checking to see if everything was ready he motioned to the other younger nurses to come forward. One of them hooked me up to a heart monitor while the other prepped something in the corner of my eye, it looked like a tank of gas...

“Nurse are we ready?” Doctor Brownhall asked the older nurse.

“Yes Doctor. Nurse Jolene can you bring over the gas now please?” The older nurse said to the younger nurse fiddling around with the gas.

“Yes Nurse Francine.” The younger nurse answered as she wheeled the gas over.

“Ok sweetie we are just going to put you under while we’re doing the surgery, we will be using a general anaesthetic gas is that alright?” The other young nurse asked me.

“Yes that’s alright.” I replied meekly.

“Ok then. Nurse Jolene?” The young nurse motioned over to the other young nurse to hand her the gas mask.

“Here Nurse Mary.” Nurse Jolene? Said to Nurse Mary while handing her the mask.

“Ok now just count down from 10 Ok honey?” Nurse Mary said rhetorically while pressing the mask against my mouth and nose area.

I started to count down in my head from 10 while watching Doctor Brownhall sit down on a stool where my legs were raised.

“10. Wow when I wake up I’m going to be a girl, that’s a scary thought...”

“9. I wonder what Dad and Allison are going to think when I get home, unless Dad comes here to the hospital first...”

“8. Oh jeez, I’m ‘yawn’ going to need new clothes soon...”

“7. Hmmmmm... I’m starting to ‘yawn’ feel sweepy, I mean sleeeeepy...”

“6. Oh everything is turning ‘yawn’ black again...”

“We are ready to proceed Doctor...” one of the nurses said.

“5. What?... I’m... blackness... hello darkness my... old... frien... zzzz...”

up
235 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Blossoming of Ciri, Chapter 2

Hello everyone. Thank you so much for all of the amazing support and feedback for this book, as promised here is the second chapter. As I mentioned before I am also working on another book, so unfortunately I won’t be able to post that often. But rest assured that I am definitely carrying on with the story. (P.S does anyone know how to delete a story? You might have seen that I accidentally posted this chapter twice any help would be most appreciated... update: never mind I think I fixed it.) Hope you enjoy!

Spencer1x

A doctor would likely not say "balls"

rather They would say testicles. In giving out medical information, a doctor would try to be as specific as possible, so as not to confuse or alarm.

Thanks

Thanks for pointing that out... I will just fix that... lol. It seems that no matter how many times I proof read it’s always something like a misspelled word or a completely wrong word that gets me every time. It’s like my brain says one thing and instead I type out another. Anyway thanks.

Pretty good start there

Podracer's picture

If we have a delay with updates, then it happens, don't worry.

"Reach for the sun."

Yeah, Amber will be at least ecstatic

Jamie Lee's picture

Alex is actually taking the news of the problem rather well. It would seem if a boy heard such news, all hell would breaking out. But not with Alex. Maybe because she knows she was always a girl and is now having "woman troubles" taken care of.

Will Amber be ecstatic as Alex said? Might ecstatic be too mild of a word? Amber is going to go ape crap crazy when she hears the news. And she's likely to tell Alex, "I told you so."

But then there's school, and the animals allowed to wander the halls. When they see Alex now as a girl, they will plant target hairs on her. Until they learn he Alex is actually she Alex.

Oh when Amber learns what all that's happened while she got her beauty sleep.

Others have feelings too.