Covid 19 Part 23

Printer-friendly version

Covid 19 Part 23

©Copyright to Beverly Guinevere Taff June 2020

List of Characters.
Terry Harrington. Fugitive boy marked for compulsory transitioning.
Samantha, (Sam) First transitioned kid Terry meets on the streets.
Theodora (Dora) Leader of the transitioned kid gang.
Jessica. (Jessie) The only natal girl in Dora’s gang.
Charlie Member of the transitioned gang.
Jan Another member of the transitioned gang.
Ron Café owner who lost his daughter to egg-snatchers. Agathe McTavish. Female paediatrician (Aggie)
Doctor Cummins Professorial Consultant Paediatrician
Sarah. Senior Midwife at the maternity unit
Dawn Very young trainee nurse.
Eleanor Jessica’s mother.
Diana Terri’s mother.
Marek. Refugee from ISIS terrorists in Syria.
Dawn Junior Baby named after her grandmother.
Eleanor Junior Baby named after other grandmother.
George. Clever Insightful lab tech.
Jamal Marek’s female 1st cousin.
Sarah Female Bodyguard.

Part 23

With the risk of being kidnapped and the bodyguards having learned who ‘Mr Blood donor and Mr Sperm were, Terri and Jessica were able to relax for a few weeks. Inevitably, Sarah the bodyguard approached Terri one morning as they were preparing to take the twins swimming. Terri was packing the baby-bags while Jessica was feeding the twins, then she swapped places with Terri who now fed the twins also with her own milk while Jessie fixed a picnic. As Terri was gazing absently through the window, Sara gently plucked her sleeve.

“Terri?”

“Wha- Oh! Yes?” She eventually replied absently.

“Can I ask a favour?”

“Sure darling what it is?”

Sarah’s brow wrinkled nervously as she took the plunge.

“Can you give me a baby?”

“Sure, take Ellie, she’s been fed.”

“Tsk! Not that you twit! I mean give me my own baby; make me pregnant!”

“Jeeze! I thought you were committed to the regiment!”

“I told you when I became your bodyguard, I would be leaving the army soon. I’m not getting any younger.”

Terri fell silent.

“It’ll have to be a turkey baster job, I can’t two time Jessie.”

“That’s okay, it won’t affect your donations will it.”
“It wouldn’t matter, I don’t deliver religiously the same day every day. That’s part of the security deal, besides Jessie and I sometimes – you know; well more than just sometimes.”

“Horny bastard are you?” Sara stifled a giggle. Full of juice are you?”

“It’s not illegal you know; we are married! And as it happens I am horny but I’m loyal too.”

“Yeah, Jessie’s lucky. Can you guarantee it’ll be a little girl?”

“Now that I can’t. You’d have to go through professor Cummins or Dr McTavish for that.”

“Would they allow it?”

“I should think they’d positively encourage it, especially a natal woman. You know how rare people like you and Jessie are!”

“Yeah even the colonel has hinted, but his baby would inevitably be a boy. I would dearly want a girl, - and that means your girl.”

“Well we’ll speak to Dr Mc Tavish this afternoon; sooner the better.”

Soon the twins were fed and they slipped down to the hospital hydrotherapy pool. There they splashed and played with the twins who shrieked with delight as they had their first experience of floatation. As they dried and changed Sarah sighed wistfully.

“I’m definitely becoming broody. Cluck, cluck!”
“Well before I cock-a-doodle-doo, we’d best see Aggie. She’s a bit more human than old Cummins.”

Taking Terri’s advice, Sarah arranged to meet the Paediatrician and few days later she turned up for duty all smiles as she produced a turkey baster. Jessica grinned.

“It’s not that simple babe’s, they extract your eggs, fertilize them in a petri-dish and then re-implant them. The impregnation is done under a microscope.”

Sarah grimaced as Terri grinned.

“Nothing romantic, believe me.”

“Ah well, it was nice while it lasted, - the dream that is.” Sarah sighed thoughtfully.

ooo000ooo

Three months later, Sarah appeared full of smiles.

“Mission accomplished guys. This girl’s going to be a mummy!” Sarah Squealed joyfully.

“So’s our mission girls!” Agathe’ McTavish declared as she and Professor Cummins entered while overhearing Sarah declare her happy news.

Sarah turned slightly confused but Terri let out a gasp of relieved joy as she double checked.

“What! Are you saying the vaccine is ready?”
“Well yes. But it’s only an immunisation vaccine, it doesn’t offer a curative facility like your blood.”

“Dammit, so they’ll still be wanting my blood.”

“For a year or two probably. It’ll take that long to roll the vaccine out world-wide.” Professor Cummins confirmed.

“Once the new vaccine produces global herd immunity, your blood won’t be needed in such large quantities. We calculate that at best only a few thousands will get Covid 21 globally. One pint per year will more than cover that equation and even better news, we can confirm that all your children have inherited your resistance. Our tests are pretty conclusive.”

“That’s odd,” Terri mused, “I’d have thought that sort of thing would have travelled through the mitochondrial DNA.”

“No, it’s seemingly on the Y chromosome; bit like haemophilia.” Doctor McTavish grinned.”

“My god! For once men are useful.” Terri giggled.

Professor Cummins let out a loud guffaw.

“Ha! Don’t knock the boys Terri; you may not look it, but you’re a boy yourself.”

“In name only Proff.”

Professor Cummins frowned.
“Don’t tell me you’re thinking of transitioning!”

“Oh no! Living as a girl and functioning as a mum is fine for me. I still like Jessie; and girls in general. Men are dick-heads.”

Professor Cummins snorted again.

“Well I suppose you got the first part right. But we’re not all – what do the Americans call them – jocks.”

“Does this mean we can come out of the shadows?” Jessica pressed.

“I should think so, indeed we hope so.” Dr McTavish replied. “Come on, the staff down in the immunology labs have arranged a private party.”

“Well give it an hour or so, we’re feeding the babies.” Terri agreed.

Both Professor Cummins and Aggie McTavish sat and watched as both Jessi and Terri suckled the girls. Aggie smiled as she indulged a woman’s god-given right to lean in closer and comment to Terri; now a suckling mother.

“Proof positive I think Terri, that your are at heart a girl.”

“We’ll see when they cut their teeth.” Jessie riposted.

An hour later they were down in the labs celebrating. As the proud couple were circulating amongst the team Marek and Jamal approached them.

“We’re getting married Terri and we’d like you to attend.”

“But you’re first cousins, is that wise?” Terri cautioned.

“It’s no matter, Jamal explained. My daughters are from your sperm and Marek can’t have children. Last time he took your sperm home, the bastards back home beat him up so badly when they were trying to find your identity, that he can’t father children any more. So no inbreeding.

“Do you want more children?” Aggie asked sympathetically as Terri listened curiously.

“Marek’s happy with my daughters, but in truth, I’d like a son.”

“Well it can be arranged. Best you wait a couple of years for your daughters to grow.”

As they resumed circulating, Terri remarked to Doctor McTavish.

“I’d have thought it would be the other way around with Marek and Jamal; you know, father wanting a son and all that.”

“It takes all sorts Terri.”

“Yeah. I suppose so. What are the plans regarding my coming out of the shadows?”

“Well you may not realise this Terri, but that decision is made at Cabinet Level in number ten. There are still dark forces out there.”

“But my secret is still a secret, very few know that Terrence lives as Terri. Even that kidnap team were looking for a man.”

“That won’t last.” Professor Cummins observed. I think the best strategy is wait until the general clamour dies down and people world-wide realise that both the baby issue and the vaccine issue is over. Besides, there’s always some nutter likely to commit some deranged, lunatic act.”

“I can’t remain cooped up here for the rest of my natural, Proff. I’ll go mad.”

ooo000ooo

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

back

Maddy Bell's picture

on the horse - you'd best stay in the saddle and get typing woman!

Seems life in BS12 is settling down, but how are the rest of the gang getting on, is Dora still staying at Ron's? indeed how is Ron?

Anyhow, a nice little interlude.


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

Covid 19

Thank for another chapter, I am looking forward to a finish, to find out what happens. It's looking promising so far, that at some point they can have a somewhat normal life. They will probably be celebrities for a time but maybe there will be fewer crazies. I hope this new year contains only good things for you.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Well Terri might be finally be no longer be essential

I hate to see the next Harrington Family Reunion though. ^_^

It will take time to raise enough girls though, sexual maturity does not occur over night so Terri's ordeal is not over imho.

As far as the vaccine goes, I wonder what is the position of the anti-vaxxers in this reality ^_^