Reaffirmation 05

Printer-friendly version

“Magister!” A woman's voice peeled out and a vision of perfection was stood in the doorway, “You had better bring that child in and sit her down instead of dragging her hither and yon” That woman could only be Circe and Richard wondered what the hades was happening and why was he now a little girl from his dreams.......

Reaffirmation 5

Circe looked at Richard and smiled and although the woman seemed to be a vision of female perfection the look was filled with compassion. Mr Magi held Richard's hand and guided him into the office and lifted her into the chair that was facing the desk. The sensations of her feet swinging free in the air definitely tickled Richard and she felt herself giving way to a more childish feeling as she swung her feet too and fro. The part of her mind that was still the teenaged boy wondered why the transformation and why now. Circe settled herself gracefully behind the desk in a rather imposing chair and Mr Magi sat by the door. It was obvious that this interview was between Richard and Circe.

The woman examined the child like form sat on the other side of the desk minutely, again there was no malice. Indeed there seemed to be a deep compassion from her and a humour in her eyes. After five minutes of examination Circe crossed her eyes and Richard and winked.
“Well young lady now we shall talk of why and how and wherefores.” Circe opened.
“Weww what we are gonna tawk about?” Richard was surprised as her language came out appropriately for their apparent age.
“One can guess you are pretty confused after everything that has been happening this morning Richard.” Was the reply Circe didn't mention anything about the childish pronunciation.
“Comfussed wouwd be a unnastatemen”

Circe couldn't hold back a slight chuckle as the former boy used such advanced statements in a sweet childish voice and diction. She pulled out a file and setting it in front of herself opened the cover and flipped some papers. She knew that some major explanations were needed and also the child had not noticed but their tremors and disability were now a thing of the past. Also the speed of the transformation was unusual, in the past most of those that were transformed it took over a week. There seemed to be the touch of another deity involved in this, sometimes involvement was benevolent as the intervention on the closing of the hall at other times there was a malicious element.

Whom ever was involved had hidden their traces as Circe was going to transform Richard but into a younger version. Then the Goddess was going to place the boy with a family that had connections and wealth. This complication was unforeseen and added a few wrinkles in the plans that she and Merlin aka Mr Magi had planned out. Merlin it seemed was unphased by the transformation and she wondered if he had a hand in it. If he did then it wouldn't of been the first time. There main problem was this didn't feel like Merlin was responsible but he was hiding something from her.

“To business then,”Circe centred herself, “ you are well aware of the hall losing it's funding and as it was the only home you had known for many years and would be for many children we had to take action.”

Circe went on to explain about the hall and its role over many years as a safe haven for children and the fae. The mention of the faery folk surprised Richard, there was a lot of things that were surprising Richard today. Then Circe started to fill in who she really was but didn't explain who Mr Magi was, that was best left to Merlin to introduce himself properly. Talk about a head spin Richard's adolescent reasoning was rocked to it's core, So magic and the gods were real,there they sat in the middle of it all now a 3 year old girl. What was really surprising is that they were not freaking out, maybe either Mr Magi or Circe were responsible for that.
The explanation continued, and the fact the fae and Magic users were protective of those lost or hurt was a revelation. The question that Richard really wanted to ask seemed to stall before they could utter it. The time seemed to drag and the energy of a young body was causing Richard to fidget in the seat, first the swinging of the legs increased then came the looking around the room. Circe held back another chuckle as she watched the apparent child's behaviour start to match it's form. She did need Richard to refocus as to her and most of the other gods transformations had to be voluntary.

In her past that was not always the case but as humanity seemed to mature so did her behaviours. In fact in the whole pantheon of gods only a handful would do such without the permission of the victim. The other point was that Richard was being so calm at what was happening and his aura had settled from when they had first entered the offices. Just then there was a knock on the door and a face resembling a humanized wolf poked it's head in and raised a rather bushy eyebrow.
“Circe there,s a guest in the atrium I think they had best join you all” Just as he said that Richard gave out a little yelp as the tip of a fox tail tickled their hand.

“I am in conference Cerberus, who by the realms is it?” Circe replied with a shortness of tone.
“Ma'am its best they introduce themselves, judging by what,s just happened with the little one”

Circe blinked a couple of times as the fact that Richard now had a fox tail and ears. She tilted her head in confusion for a short while and Merlin could be heard to chuckle at the latest development. That confirmed it there was one group of the pantheon that were inherent tricksters. The main concern was what was the child to them and why now had they got involved.
“okay Cerberus you can show them in.” Circe informed the other.

Once that was said Cerberus opened the door fully and a short black haired woman dressed in a rather fine kimono entered the office and the tips of nine tails could be seen. The woman bowed to Circe and Merlin and stood next to Richard's chair.

“Madam,Circe and Mr Magi,” The woman,s voice was musical and she finally turned to Richard, “ Sir Madam and little one I am called Okami and it is my pleasure to meet you all”

To say that Circe and Merlin were shocked would be an understatement, why would Inari's handmaiden be here?..........

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ack!

So ... now Richard is not only a little girl, but a fox as well? Or is that a kitsune? Either way, it looks like lots of exciting stuff is happening! I can hardly wait to see what happens next!

Magical creatures

Teek's picture

There are a lot of magical creatures interested in one teenager with disabilities. This chapter did not clear anything up, just created more questions.

Thanks?????

Keep Smiling, Keep Writing
Teek

giggle

i'm not tellin YET!

am glad you are enjoying the twists it will start to come to cohesion. just think of it as an extension of my twisted mind

to hug is to be and to be is to be hugged

view the world through the eyes of a child and relearn the wonder and love

Allie elle loved and cared for and resident of the kids camp full time