Changing Roles - Chapter 17

Printer-friendly version

th1E5FMWIT.jpg

Changing Roles
By Julie Dawn Cole
Chapter 17

Our conversation stopped with the arrival of the desert trolley that was filled with a variety of nice sweets and we both looked at each other waiting for the others reaction. Guilty pleasures to tempt us and an enthusiastic waiter who was refusing to move. ‘Ladies please let me tempt you with some of the specialities by our chef who has worked very hard today and awaits your feedback.’

We looked at each other and I could see that Emily had her eyes on the tiramisu whilst I was tempted by the traditional trifle that took me back to my youth and parties at home. I immediately thought of my mum and parties with friends from school and my uncle laughing and joking and pretending to dip his spoon before any of us had chance to be served. He was such a joker with children and it was sad to think about his loss of memory with the onset of his dementia. All three were now fading quickly and were behaving like children but without smiles on their faces.

Emily snapped me out of my reverie, and I focused on the waiter and pointed to the trifle. ‘Just a half portion please. It’s too tempting to miss and takes me back to my boy.. er childhood.’

‘And you Miss. What is your preferred choice?’ Emily smiled and pointed to the tiramisu and it was served so quickly that she had no choice but to accept a full portion.
I resisted to eat at my normal speed and tried to eat slowly and delicately and Emily smiled in acknowledgement.

‘So Julie? Did you decide yet? Will you come to London next weekend. I promise to look after you and ensure you don’t get into any mischief.’

‘Are you sure that you want me hanging out with you like this? You must have lots of male friends who would willingly escort you with no risk of you being humiliated.’

‘Well, I don’t get much chance to socialise so my list of options is not great. Most are now in serious relationships and anyway I’m asking you and it’s a chance for you to get away for a weekend and meet other people who have similar experience and interests. I really want to see you relax and be yourself and it will be good for both of us. It’s not formal I assure you. We don’t have to stay long either if you feel uncomfortable.’

‘OK but I’m going to have to visit my family on Friday before we go so how will we travel and what time do you think you’ll leave work?’

‘Great so we can talk about that at the Spa tomorrow since it’s a good opportunity to sort out the details whilst we relax.’

I had finished my trifle before I knew it and Emily had a clear plate too. She reached across the table and took my hand and squeezed it gently. ‘Julie I am so happy for you. I’ve seen a huge cloud lift and a big smile on your face all day. I sincerely believe that this is the real you and you were obviously struggling to hide your real identity from people. I think the treatment today has brought out just how beautiful you are, and I hope you can see it yourself. I’m so pleased that you have spent the day with me. I can see that your confidence has increased significantly, and you are a totally different person to the one I first met. You should step out of the shadows more and at work rest assured that you’ll have my full support.’

I decided not to pull my hand away since it was comforting and reassuring to feel that I was accepted the way that I felt inside. Emily also seemed like a different person away from the office and I liked working for her and spending this time together. She was pushing me and I guess I needed it. However as far as the invitation was concerned travelling outside my area dressed as female was scary. I couldn’t just run home if I lost my nerve, or I was challenged or even attacked. Things were moving so fast and I wanted to put her off. Surely, with her looks and personality she was in a relationship with a big circle of friends. She was too confident to be a loner like me.

We had coffee in the lounge area in two comfortable high back chairs conveniently positioned so we had a little privacy. That was especially important since I was now sitting in the open wearing a skirt with no dinner table to hide my legs. I did my best to sit down correctly and as upright as possible crossing my legs as the skirt rode up a little on my thighs. Emily gave me a smile of approval but I was nervous since I felt like I was in the spotlight as other customers and waiters passed by and cast a look in our direction. Emily looked slim and smart in her trouser suit and she sat upright too that was more natural. I wasn’t sure how long I could sit straight since I was also experiencing something new. Sitting in darkened bars or nightclubs was much less worrisome. Also never having had a girlfriend or a being in a relationship of any kind I was not used to the attention I was receiving from Emily. She seemed to delight in fussing over me and she was treating me like a date.

I felt desperate to call Sally to explain what was happening and seek her advice. However, on reflection it wasn’t exactly fair to disturb her and so I resisted. Anyway, I doubted I could find a quiet place or the opportunity for some privacy for a call. It would have to wait. I was receiving plenty of complements from Emily who said that I knew how to behave and she was impressed. I did like to keep myself in shape with yoga and Emily did comment that I had a nice figure that most women would crave with nice hips that gave me a feminine shaped butt. I did focus on my glutes in my exercise routines but most of my exercises were light in front of tv before breakfast. I felt so pleased to be receiving complements and I tried to return them but Emily didn’t let me.

After coffee Emily paid the bill and suggested we left for home since we had an early start and it seemed appropriate since the restaurant was now quite busy and there was a buzz so we had to speak up that was becoming awkward for me. We had agreed to an early start to Harrogate that was a nice drive and we could check in any time after 10 am for the Spa Day. It felt strange to be spoiled so much and around Emily she wouldn’t hear my pleas to contribute to the bill.

I was in a happy mood as we headed to my place and closed my eyes when Emily played some soft relaxing music on the Easy Listening channel.

When we arrived back in front of my apartment building I opened my eyes. I was surprised how quickly the journey had been. Emily switched off the engine and turned to me with a serious expression on her face.

‘Julie, I hope today has given you enough confidence for tomorrow and next weekend. I think we can check in for a girly spa day. I don’t think there is any way you can check in for the men’s spa even if you want to try. Anyway, I had taken the chance and registered you as Julie Ann rather than Julian. You don’t mind, do you?’

‘I don’t suppose I have much choice even if I wanted to have I? I just hope that there is no nudity or other women around who might be offended by my presence.’

Emily opened the passenger door for me and explained how to swivel keeping my legs together since I was conscious of my legs in view in the skirt. Not that there were any passers-by to worry about. She gave me a hug and hung on for a few moments before saying goodnight and I watched as she drove away and gave me a little wave. What a day I’d had that had been so nice. I didn’t want it to end. Roles and expectations were certainly different with Emily around.

After a very comfortable nights rest I woke to the sound of my alarm just as my telephone beeped with a message. It was Sally who was up early and keen to know if I was alright after my shopping trip with Emily and asked if the Spa day was still on. I responded with a short message asking if she was ok and if she was alone to have a quick chat before I got showered. She rang me immediately to check if everything was OK.

I must have come across as very excited as I quickly unloaded about my day with Emily and how I’d been spoiled. She asked how I looked this morning and if the treatment and the new hairstyle gave me the feminine appearance even without make-up. I crossed to the mirror nodding my head and didn’t know what to say for a few minutes.

‘Jules tell me that you are ok you’ve gone quiet.’

‘Sally I can’t stay like this and the more time I spend with Emily the more feminine I look. She seems to like me like this and it’s like I’m in dreamland. I wanted to call you last night to seek your advice because she’s asked me to go to London with her next weekend but not as myself as Julie Ann.’

‘Wow does that mean you two are an item? It sounds like it.’

‘No not at all. She needs me to accompany her to her brothers engagement party. I can’t say anymore than that over the phone and I have to take care since it’s sensitive.’

‘Wow. A weekend in London and you coming out to her family. Will her uncle be there? It might be awkward for you.’

‘It’s not that sort of party it’s just friends and no other family will be there apart from Emily.’

‘Well I’d be there for sure but do take care but I think she’s hitting on you.’

‘Sally it’s not like a straight forward boyfriend and girlfriend thing. She wants me to spend the whole weekend as female as a girlfriend. I think that was why she wanted to feminise me yesterday.’

‘More Wow. This is sounding interesting. Do you think she likes you as a woman? Is she lesbian or something? I never heard of this sort of relationship before. Do you like her? Has she kissed you or made advances?’

‘No Sally. Nothing like that and I’m taking care that is why I needed to chat. I value your opinion and advice since we’ve known each other a long time.’

‘Well Jules I think you are in a difficult position and in all honesty you need to take care. The changes at work are pretty extreme and unnecessary as far as a few of us are concerned. It seems that anybody with loyalty to you or George has been removed and inexperienced people put in their place. Could it be that Emily wants your jobs permanently rather than being hired to sort things out?’

‘What makes you say that? I don’t think so.’

‘But she’s taken your job and you had supporters amongst shareholders didn’t you? Surely they didn’t want to see you fired. Are you sure about Emily. Maybe she is deliberately setting you up and showing that you like to dress and act as female hoping you will lose their support. Even her uncle can be outvoted and I’m sure they can see the nepotism.’
‘Sally I am sure that Emily is genuine. My salary might be reduced but the rest of the terms and conditions seem to be the same. She seems so nice and she’s smart.’

‘I’m just saying to take care and don’t be lulled into a false sense of security just because you have a job. You are better than a PA.’

‘Thanks for your advice Sally and I will watch out. I think she is very smart if this is a scheme like you suggest but I don’t think so.’

‘Look Jules call me anytime. I’m safe because I’m pregnant at long last and I might just resign rather than take maternity leave. If everything goes well of course. I don’t rate Melanie Baxter. She is too full of herself and hasn’t got the experience. Otherwise you’d have promoted her.’

‘Sally thanks for sharing your concerns. I can’t see a way out of my situation at the moment so I will just go along with it for now. We are going to the Spa Day after I get ready, and she’s made the booking and paid in advance.’

‘Are you going as two women or a mixed couple? Have you ever been to a Spa Day? You might feel awkward if you are registered as female. ‘

‘I’ve no idea what to expect.’

‘Well, it depends on the venue. Often, they are fairly exclusive and private so it might be just the two of you. I guess much depends on the cost and what’s included in the package. Sometimes it involves full massages and steam room whilst nude. You get towels and bathrobes of course but nothing underneath so you’ll have to take care.’

‘I am sure that it is quite safe. Surely these places are private with no risk of full exposure.’

‘Just take care Jules that’s all I’m saying.’

Sally had certainly made me feel more nervous. I knew it was possible that I was being naïve but I felt confident that I was a judge of character and Emily seemed totally genuine.’
About 30 minutes later I was showered and dried and trying on the casual gym outfit we’d purchased the day before. It was dressy enough for travelling and from the ladies department as were the sneakers. I had no other leisure outfits that were suitable for a Spa day that would enable me to pass as female. I liked the outfit and it wasn’t cheap so I couldn’t not wear it. We weren’t going anywhere afterwards as far as I knew so I only needed a t shirt shorts and fresh underwear in my sports bag. I decided to pack my cosmetic bag although I’d no idea if another session of make-up was included.’

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sally raises a good point……

D. Eden's picture

I would like to think that Emily truly likes Jules and is attracted to Julie Anne, but there is always the possibility that she is simply using Jules and is setting him up. I also agree that some of the changes she has made are questionable, not only legally, but also as to their viability.

I guess that only time will tell.

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

It remains to be seen

Julia Miller's picture

Whether Emily is on the level with Julie/Julian. At this point I will take it at face value that she is aiming for a relationship that has her as the dominant partner. I feel this is why she demoted Julian in the first place. It would be evil of her to discredit him now and toss him aside, but the possibility exists. It seems to me that she is doing her best to create a relationship with Julie.

Other Factors

Sally does have good cautions; additionally, Emily is relying on Julie/Julian to use his connection to the suspected former senior division managers to help gather incriminating evidence on those former managers. It's another reason that she could be stringing Julie/Julian along. I'm hoping that Emily is being strait, but it may be wishful thinking.

Julie Cole - good series so far. Thanks for sharing.

I Still Think

joannebarbarella's picture

Emily needs Julie's loyalty and don't forget the coming meeting with her previous boss's son as well as the one with her brother.

Julie is the key to the investigation into the corruption in the company. If Emily is playing some kind of game with her then she really is evil and I don't think she has shown that kind of devious intent.

Anyway, please keep on writing this intriguing story, whatever the outcome.

Well, well, well (a deep subject)

Dee Sylvan's picture

I would be amazed if Sally was correct regarding Emily, but stranger things have happened. Emily had quite the challenge between the old boys network and the rampant corruption when she took on the job. Her female preference when cleaning house may have been the only way to make sure her efforts weren't constantly being undermined. Was Sally aware of how Julian was being set by George and the production guys? I doubt that. I appreciate that Sally doesn't want to see Julie Ann being set up, but my gut feel is that she is wrong. If Julie Ann wants a better opinion from Sally, she needs to share her longtime crossdressing desires as well with her.

As a closet crossdresser (formerly), Julie Ann, like almost every crossdresser on the planet, must have had a spa experience as a fantasy. Her thoughts about this coming spa day with Emily has to be filled with a keen desire for this maybe once in a lifetime experience. It will almost surely be safe and pleasurable. I think Emily will ensure that.

I am unsure what to think about the trip to London for Julie Ann and Emily. I can't see Emily introducing Julie Ann to friends and family without having a romantic interest in her. On the other hand, Emily could be doing all of this to obtain Julie Ann's trust for some nefarious scheme, but that seems farfetched considering how much all of this would negatively impact both Emily's career and personal life.

Another excellent chapter. I love this part of your story, all the groundwork has been laid (with more twists and surprises still in store) and now we are getting into the best parts. Keep up the good work Jules!

DeeDee

Flattered

by all the comments but yours is the most comprehensive so I ought to reply to you at least on behalf of all those who took the time.
I enjoy feedback because this site is full of great contributors who see things in different ways. I like to reflect on comments and look at what I've written to see what they see. I don't always change my ideas of the destination of the story but of course I often end up changing the route a bit. It's fun.
I wish I had time to read all the stories on this site as they are posted but it would be a full-time job. I do my best to select a cross section. Sometimes it's nice to just look back to older stories too. Well done to those doing the hard slog.
What a great site it is.

Jules

I suspect without knowing

Wendy Jean's picture

That Emily is falling in love with Jules in either mode.