Reflection

Printer-friendly version

This is a drabble (100 word story) about someone who's reflecting in more ways than one.

Reflection
Copyright 2022 by Heather Rose Brown

=-=-=

After rinsing off my hands, I dried them on the fluffy white towel hanging on the rack by the sink, then gave my reflection a good, hard look.

"Dang," I said while raking stiff fingers through my long, rumpled hair, "you look like crap."

I touched a smooth, plump cheek, and said, "You look like a girl who looks like crap."

I reflected on what I'd said, and grinned. My reflection gave me a sleepy grin back. I flicked off the switch by the bathroom door, then shuffled down the hall by the faint light of a brand new day.

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Isn't It Lovely

I can vividly remember the first time I felt exactly that way -- and the smile that formed in the mirror.

You must be a skilled carpenter because you always hit that nail squarely.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

I'm not quite there yet ...

... but I do have more days when I feel happy with what I see in the mirror. :)

Yaaay!

It's good to get good news. :)

nice drabble !

well done!

DogSig.png

Thank you!

I'm glad you enjoyed this drabble! :)

Girl in the mirror

Sabrina G Langton's picture

Very nice. Nothing better than seeing a girl in your mirror, especially when she can see you too.

Seeing yourself

... as yourself can be pretty wonderful! Even though I know who I am on the inside, being able to see a bit of that on the outside is kinda nice. While I don't always see it, the days I do put a smile on my face. :)