Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 230

Printer-friendly version

Easy As Falling Off A Bike
by Angharad Coron Driphlyg.
part 230!

I was fast asleep until I heard the groans as Simon limped off to the loo. I giggled so much I woke myself up. Then thinking he might ask me to kiss it better, I pretended to be asleep as he groaned his way back to bed, muttering something that sounded like, 'bloody bicycles'. Come to think of it, it sounded a lot like that, I giggled some more.

"What are you laughing at?" he snapped at me.

"Nothing why?" I snorted and then lost it once more.

"You cruel, cruel woman," he accused.

"Wasn't me who fell off my bike."

"All you did was laugh when I told you."

"Ooh, that is not true, I was concerned for you. It was you who laughed about it."

"Well it was funny then, it didn't hurt very much. It does now."

"Oh my big, brave baby," I said stroking his leg.

"Sarcasm does not become you."

"Well come on, you've woken me up groaning like Marley's Ghost, let's see this terrible injury." I leant across and switched the light on, it took a moment for my eyes to adjust. "Well let's see it then."

Simon was lying on the bed in his jammies. "No it's alright, I'll probably live."

"You won't if you wake me up again, so let's see it." I got off the bed and walked around to his side. Before he could protest I had pulled his jammie trousers down below his knees. Another tug and they were off completely. "So where's the injury?"

He put his hands over his groin. "That isn't hurt is it?"

"No, I'm just being modest."

"Thank goodness for that."

"What?"

"Well, there wouldn't be a lot of point in me going through the pain of surgery, if that dropped off, would there?" I nodded at his hands.

"Ha ha. I thought you were having it done to feel more complete?"

"I am, but I might as well kill two birds with one stone, mightn't I?" I winked at him.

"We'll see, when you're staggering around looking for a soft seat you may change your mind." He poked out his tongue at me.

I looked at his left hip, there was a nice colour change happening, with a combination of greens and purples. "I've got some arnica cream here somewhere." I went and got it, then went to rub some on his hip.

"Ouch! Owwww! Geez that is cold."

"What a wimp!"

"I am not a wimp, it was colder than I anticipated."

"Well here you do it then," I offered him the tube of cream.

"No, you can do it, just be gentle with me." He batted his eyelids at me.

"What!" I snorted, then fell about laughing. Simon started to laugh as well.

"You could always kiss it better," he said suggestively.

"What kiss your a....?" I shook my head. "No way Jose! If you'd been bitten by a poisonous snake, well I might suck the poison out, but..."

"That's what happened."

"What did?"

"A poisonous snake slithered up and bit me on the ..."

"Yes, of course he did, in which case I have to make a large incision to let the poison out or shove ice cubes on it to prevent absorption."

"Maybe it was a twig."

"A twig slithered up to you and bit you on the bum, did you bang your head as well?"

"I might have done, I was trying to keep up with two of you."

"What?"

"Well I could see two of you."

"You could?"

"Yes."

"Can you still see two of me?"

"I can see two of those," he touched me gently on the breasts, "Is it concussion?"

"No, stereo." I roughly rubbed some more cream on his bruise.

"Ouch, you callous hussy!"

"That's me, one more word of complaint and I shall get the ice cubes."

He seemed to go quiet after that, with just the odd grimace to show it was hurting. I knew that, I was making sure of it although I also knew it would make it feel easier later.

"Right," I said and slapped his leg, he jumped and squealed. "Can I get back to bed now?"

He nodded. I went off and washed my hands. When I came back he was still grumbling.

"We could always try some distraction."

"What do you mean?"

"Like this," I said kissing him gently, then more passionately. His groans were of a different sort until I accidently leant on his bruised leg, when he jumped and squealed. "Now what's wrong?" I said curtly.

"You knelt on my leg."

"I'm going back to bed," I sighed and got back in and switched the light off. As I tried to go of to sleep again, I did think it was probably just as well it was me who was going for surgery not Simon. The problem there was it started me worrying again, so maybe I was as big a wimp as my bedmate.

"Simon?"

"Umm,"

"Are you still awake?"

"I am now, why?"

"Will you hold me?"

"Okay," I edged towards him and I felt his arm come around me accompanied by several groans. "You're shivering."

"Am I?" I replied knowing I was trembling like an aspen in an earthquake.

"What's the matter?"

"I'm scared."

"Scared, what Wonder Woman is scared?"

"Yes."

"Scared of what?"

"What if the surgery doesn't work?"

"Don't be silly, the surgeon knows what he's doing."

"But what if I can't have sex with you?"

"We'll deal with that if and when we come to it. If necessary we'll consult another surgeon. There are bound to be others, if necessary we'll go to the States."

"I can't afford that sort of thing."

"No but I can."

"I can't expect you to pay for that."

"Why not, I see it as an investment, like opening a deposit account."

"Deposit? Simon you are so crude at times."

"Oh, I hadn't thought of it like that, hey that's quite funny."

"For you, I suppose it is."

"What, you cheeky mare."

"Simon, shut up and just hold me."

"Yes dear."

up
192 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Twu wuv

Awww... They're so sweet together.

Oh My, Poor Simon And Cathy

These two are going to have to behave. Their banter reminds me of vaudeville comedy routines. Now if only Cathy can get sorted properly for Simon. This story gets better with age.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

You sure they aren't ...

... already married. I do hope Simon's bruises fade faster than the ones i gut when run off the road...

Thanks for the tender episode.

Annette

Sweet episode

Seems like while Simon can be a big baby at times, he really cares. Liked the ending.

to blave

Wonderful scene - had me chuckling the whole time! Simon's out of shape, so he's feeling it big time, but it's great to see them being there for each other. They're laughing with each other about each other and themselves - it's great to see how they're there for each other, not looking down on each other when one is weak, but being strong and supportive....

He conquers who endures. ~ Persius

Cathy and Simon are very

Cathy and Simon are very much in love with each other as their comments let you know. What I really thought of as I was reading this was an old radio program called "the Bickersons" where the Wife and Husband were always bickering at each other, yet you could tell they truly loved each other. J-Lynn

Cathy

When she is recovering there will be a lot more of this banter. Along with anticipation I expect. This is one of the things I am somewhat curious about overall.

Typical man

Has to have the last word!

Love, Bev x