My Transgender Childhood Comix #6

Printer-friendly version

Believe it or not, there's a new addition to "My Transgender Childhood Comix"! To be honest, I can hardly believe it myself, but my muse seems to be full of surprises lately. Today's entry is about one of the things I always dreaded at school ... team sports. But sometimes, if you find someone special, things can turn out a lot better than you might expect. :)

My Transgender Childhood Comix 6

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Cute!

erin's picture

Love the art. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Thank you!

It was so fun getting back into drawing again. :)

I'm just about useless at sports ...

One year, my summer camp was having the "Big War" - half the camp against the other half.

The other side had the 1st or 2nd best tennis player in the whole camp - my team was doomed in tennis.

Either a counselor of junior counselor approached me and kindly asked if it was OK if they 'sacrifice' me in tennis (freeing up a teammate to go win something else) ... I said yes.

After 50 years, this is even more OK with me, than it was OK on 'day zero'. {smileys go here.}

How I got even one point, I have no clue. Maybe the other side's best player gave it to me.

So yeah, 'my you' s---s at sports ...

I'd been pretty bad ...

... at almost all sports, until one year, when captain for our team decided to teach me how to do stuff. I didn't suddenly get good, but I did at least have an idea of what I was doing, and was actually able to get to ... I guess ... not awful? That may not be much for some folk, but it was a big step up for me. :)

Surprise!

Podracer's picture

And such a nice one. I had to go back in time and see the others that I couldn't remember.

"Reach for the sun."

Awesome!

I'm so glad you enjoyed this little surprise :D

Adorable

JenniBee's picture

I really like everything about this, from the art to the message. It got me right in the feels.

Awww...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)