The Blossoming of Billy - Part 2

Printer-friendly version

“OK, look kid, I don’t want your mom to be pissed off so I’ll make an exception especially if its only paper stuff. I’ll mark this as a “no sign” this time.”

“Thanks!”

Billy grabbed the package and went through the back gate. He opened the package in a hurry and pulled out the pills. It was almost surreal that he had them in his possession. He unzipped his backpack and hid them at the bottom.

The Blossoming of Billy

Part 2

By AshleyTS


 
The opportunity Billy was looking for presented itself when his Aunt came to visit for a few days a couple weeks ago.

While the two women were lounging out by the pool, Billy slyly opened his Aunt’s purse and pulled out her wallet. He slid the credit card out and nervously wrote down all the pertinent information needed.

He worked quickly and returned everything as it had been before.

Later that night, Billy opened up the web page of the clinic that had the hormones he was looking for. He added the estradiol and spiro to his online cart. He bought the highest available mg and purchased enough for 6 months in case his Aunt caught on that her credit card had been used. With the hit of a button the drugs were ordered.

Knowing that the package could not arrive at his house, Billy entered the address of the vacant house down the street for next day delivery.

He knew he would have to miss school that day to be at the house when the order arrived. The punishment his dad would give him for ditching school was pretty scary, but he knew that he had to do this.

So Billy headed off to school as usual but took a b-line for the vacant house. He waited patiently near the back gate for the truck to arrive. He was nervous and unsure if he would even be able to get the delivery man to give him the package. The one thing he had going for him was that according to the website, the package would be labeled as “office supplies” instead of “female hormones”. He figured that a lot of people on hormones didn’t want others to know they were.

Suddenly the big brown truck pulled up to the house and the man in brown approached the front door with a medium size package.
He rang the door bell and knocked a few times. Billy waited patiently behind the side of the house hoping the man would just leave the package at the door. He wasn’t so lucky. The UPS man began to return to his truck carrying the package.

Billy ran out from the side of the house.

“Excuse me; can I help you with something?”

“Yes, I have a package for Mrs. Stevens. Is this your house?”

“Yep, that’s my mom. She’s sleeping right now. She has really bad sinuses. I can take the package though.”

“Sorry kid, but I need an adult signature.”

“It’s only some paper and envelopes. She’s going to be upset if she missed the delivery. I’ll go wake her up I guess but she’s going to be cranky.”

“OK, look kid, I don’t want your mom to be pissed off so I’ll make an exception especially if its only paper stuff. I’ll mark this as a “no sign” this time.”

“Thanks!”

Billy grabbed the package and went through the back gate. He opened the package in a hurry and pulled out the pills. It was almost surreal that he had them in his possession. He unzipped his backpack and hid them at the bottom.

Billy ran to school to try to finish his day and keep under the radar from any call to his parents.
 
 
As soon he got home, Billy ran up to his bathroom and locked the door. He opened his backpack and pulled out the pills.

He knew exactly what to do from all his research online. His opened up the estradiol and the spiro bottles and pulled out the pills.

Billy took a long look at himself in the mirror trying to take in how big this first step was. Was he ready for this?

He knew that changes would come but it all seemed so surreal. He would deal with those changes when they arrived.

He saw the gleam in his eyes. This was his salvation! Billy grabbed the two pills and popped them in his mouth. He took a big sip of water and swallowed them down.

An enormous sense of peace and “rightness” overcame him.

It had begun.


 
To Be Continued...

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'll be honest here, I'm not

I'll be honest here, I'm not sure I like this installment too much. Lying, stealing, skipping school all do not make me inclined to be sympathetic to the main character.

I'll keep reading and watching for more however.
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy

Billy's lying, stealing and skippin school common TG story act

RAMI

I agree with you M.J., that Billy/ie's lying, stealing and skipping school are bad and dangerous actions. But, they seem to be common actions taken by the protagonist in teenage TG fiction. Many of us have been reading the "Princess and the Plague". Eric through the transition to Eric/a and now Erika has engaged in lying and skipping school and has engaged in the stealing of school records. While many of us have commented negatively about those activities, I do not recall anyone who has commented that they did not have sympathy for the Eric/a, or stopped reading the story because of that.

My main concern for Billy is that his unsupervised use of female hormones is dangerous. He seems to be a cocky kid who may self destruct before seeking needed help. This kid needs to find someone to help really quick.

RAMI

RAMI

I agree they arent nice but most teenagers

i dont mind the lying and stealing and skiping school, it isnt right but most teenagers have done each of them once, maybe more. Most of us have skipped high school at least once, posibly more. most of us have lied to our parents about it or something else and even stold. But not me, I never did any of those awful things.

I don't think the lying and

I don't think the lying and skipping school are serious issues (Not that I encourage them, but they are rather minor). The stealing is a bigger deal, but understandable. Billy is desperate and feels that his family will not help him, so he's doing whatever he can to avoid a fate worse than death (As he sees it, anyway).

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Catching up

I don't know how I missed the first chapter but I quickly went back and read it and this one, looking forward to the next one :)

Billy's taking a dangerous,

Billy's taking a dangerous, but understandable path. Stealing and using hormones without medical supervision, not to mention starting his physical transition and the dangers that could pose once the hormones take effect. But teenagers rarely think long term, especially when desperate.

This is getting really interesting, keep 'em coming!

Saless

"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Dangerous road.

Yes, I agree, that Billy the liar and the thief, as well as that he set up an dangerous experiment over himself. To put it briefly, judging by some comments, the person ungrateful and deeply immoral. About the such speak: "he should be locked up".
From the formal point of view absolutely truly. I too the opponent of illegal methods of achievement of the purposes. Even the noble.
On the other hand-for what he uses these hormones? To pour them in juice to one of brothers or the father?! No!!! For itself. So, it is not necessary to judge him too strictly.
Quite probably, that the aunt will soon find out loss of not inconsiderable sum of money. To find out where they have disappeared it will be no trouble. Here then Billy be hard time.
P.S The Author loves extremes. The Jessie grew up in excessively womanly environment (that has come to an end for him very badly), Billy grows in excessively courageous environment.
The optimum decision would be to change their places. Then all would be happy. Alas, miracles does not happen.

Maybe not harsly, but judge him... yes

It surprises me, on a fairly regular basis, how many people in our community have found 'bad' information about hormones, blockers, and so on. Even more so when I consider how many times I've heard that endocrinologists don't know (or care) enough to say "it doesn't work that way" when one of us insists that we know the 'right' combinations of treatments to make our transition work. I cringed when I saw

added the estradiol and spiro to his online cart. He bought the highest available mg and purchased enough for 6 months

Spiro is NOT a drug designed as a testosterone blocker. It can, as a RARE side effect, have that result. I suppose if you're at the point where you either take a drug that has a small chance of helping... or walking into the bathroom and taking a razor blade to your genitals, it doesn't matter all that much. But both have the same potential for success in getting you further towards your proper gender... and similar risk of destroying your health and/or killing you.

And self-medicating.. with the highest possible dosage (dosages which are designed for adult body mass and metabolism)... doesn't sound like a smart child or one who knows everything about her condition. Now, admittedly; most kids don't accept their mortality... so, for the purposes of the story; that can work. But I hope you'll at least give some recognition to the health risks of what she's done.

There are plenty of adults putting incorrect information out on the web about drugs... let's show some responsibility about it when we write. If you want something that works 'better' than real life drugs, make something up. And when you want real life results but don't know all the details. Then there's no risk that someone will try to use that dosage/combination to mimic your results.

Not that bad

Billy isn't that bad. I hear many comments against him/her. So, yes, stealing isn't a good thing, but I think many of us can understand the needs. I wouldn't have done so myself, but I wasn't that desperate either. I don't think I can judge here.

As for taking hormones without medical supervision, I think it might cause some problems down the road, but it often takes time for those problems to appear. When the time would come, I think Billy would have been discovered. And would have had medical advices.
I mean, I am on hormones for 6 months now, and I still have 6 months prescription, and I haven't done any test yet. Well, I had tests before to see I was healthy (and most teenagers are, so no problem for Billy here) and I'm due to do some new tests next time I see my endocrinologist. In the meantime, I don't think medical tests are so important. The real test is how you feel, and how your body feels.

So yes, this story is a bit in the extremes. I wonder what would come when Billy will be discovered (what would happen when in some 4 months people would discover she have breasts, or before because Billy's aunt would have discovered her credit card has been used). But that leaves some potential for the next chapters. I just hope the best for Billy.

Mildred

It is Fiction!!

Hi Ashley, it's Becky, we've chated back and forth a few times through my Yahoo Caption groups, first i want to say i loved The Softening of Jessie, but i feel like the naysayers here on this site who seem to feel you should write like you're trying to win a Pulitzer Prize or something and want to nit pick every little sentence, somehow swayed you with their comments to change the story from what you wanted it to be, i hope i'm miss reading all this, but when i read it for the first 30 or chapters on Fictionmania and then when you put it over here, where everyone's a critic and for some reason seems to forget the story is actually FICTION, the story seemed to change from the flow i felt YOU wanted it to be to what all the people here who all seem to have Literary degree's. I guess i feel like many of the people that post comments here feel you should have your story as close to non-fiction as possible for some reason. I love your stories and i just had to post this in hopes that you won't read or listen to the comments here about The Blossoming of Billy story you've started, i love it so far, and aren't our TG-stories supposed to be about the fantasies we all wished would come true, this world is filled with to much non-fiction as it is, PLEASE, write it for you and don't let anyone here sway your story by their disparaging remarks.

Hugs Becky
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beckys_tg_caps12/

Okay, now it's time for me

Okay, now it's time for me to respond.

Since I had the first comment on this story, and that comments *appears* to have set the tone for the rest, let me explain myself.

I don't care that Billie is self medicating. That's dangerous enough, but this is a fantasy. The objections I had were to the lying, the stealing and the skipping school.

The reason? The father.

In the first part of this, it was stated that the dad was a military man. He took his children exercising as though they were in Basic training every day, even though they are just children. I've been through Basic training, I know how tough it is.

That whole military mindset instills some very concrete and black and white values in the brain. Among them, honor, discipline, self reliance.

By lying to parents and to the people who love him, he is denying them the opportunity to try to understand him. By telling them that everything is alright, he's not being fair to the core principles of teamwork and helping others help him. With that, they thing that he is alright and rely on him as though he were alright, when he's not. At some point, his mind will shatter, leaving him very broken and very hurt, when the people around him did nothing to help, because they didn't know he was close to breaking. That is monstrously unfair.

Stealing. Anything worth having is worth earning. Taking from another simply because it's there is not good and it is a massive blow to truth and honesty that his father would have been trying to instill in him from the first. Suppose his Aunt couldn't afford that expense? Suppose she had that money earmarked for rent, and now because it was taken by Billy on a whim (from what it appears) she might be thrown out of her house.

As for the skipping school: Education is the magic bullet. Educated people have more chances at EVERYTHING in life than someone who isn't educated. Schools should be monuments to the education system. By skipping school that disrespects the entire system, and requires Billy to lie in addition to everything else.

Those factors will combine IMO to make the minor transgressions of being a girl in a boys body 500,000 times worse in the eyes of the father, and will give the other boys more than enough reason to persecute Billy for the rest of his life. This one act will take this situation from one that could have been worked out IF HE HAD TALKED TO HIS PARENTS to one that will guarantee the worst possible outcome.

I understand that we have all done it. Hell, I used to steal panties from the dryers. But just because people do it does not make it right, and in this case it will make the situation worse. It turns a possible sympathetic character to one who is completely in the wrong in this case.
----
May the Stars Light Your Path
Maid Joy

Naysayers?

To be fair, I don't see most of these comments as naysayers... so I'll assume you're referring to comments about her previous story. The simple fact that people are upset that about the actions that this child has taken, suggests that they care about her (probably seeing something of themselves in her and wish she'd not make these mistakes, because they know... and maybe have been in the place... where it leads). You don't get that sort of response from a story that has no character development or literary value.

At the same time, you can't expect people to respond positively to this sort of action. No one wants to cheer on self-destructive behavior, even when its a fantasy that we wish could work out for the character... or us. A story can be good without people praising it. And there are plenty of happy little fantasies that have no literary value or any redeeming value to them (many of them being produced on the silver screen these days, in fact). I have seen spectacular productions of plays that do not receive applause, simply because the audience can't bring themselves to applaud the actors who played the despicable characters that made the play so fantastic.