Venus Cursed! - Chapter 73

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 73

Erica didn't realize she was fondling her ring until she noticed Jill looking at it. "Is that what I think it is?" she asked excitedly.

Erica grinned widely and nodded, "Yep! She said yes!"

Mike looked confused but Jill said, "Of course she did! I'm so happy for you two! Where'd you get that ring, it's beautiful!"

"I palmed it and its twin from the treasure in the tomb." Erica admitted sheepishly.

"Not before we'd separated out the cursed stuff, I hope?" Jill said.

Erica shook her head, "No, they're non-magical. No need to worry."

"Someone want to tell me what you're talking about?" Mike asked.

"I proposed to Sarah, and she said yes!" Erica said giddily.

"Really?! That's great!" Mike exclaimed, hugging Erica.

"Wait, that doesn't explain what I felt from Sarah earlier, though." Jill said.

"Oh yeah, that. I think we'd better go join Sarah and see what she wants to do about that." Erica said. Jill looked at her oddly but she and Mike followed her to the kitchen. Sarah was busy admiring her ring.

"Hi guys, isn't it beautiful?!" Sarah exclaimed without looking up.

"Sure is! Congratulations Sarah!" Mike said happily, hugging Sarah.

"Yeah, I'm so happy for you guys!" Jill agreed, hugging Sarah and then Erica. They all took seats at the table and Sarah returned to her perch on Erica's lap after a quick kiss.

"So what's been happening over here? Jill was about ready to bust the door down at first." Mike said.

Sarah blushed, "Sorry about that."

"No need to apologize, Sarah! I was kind of snooping, after all. But what had you so upset?" Jill said.

Erica glanced at Sarah and said, "Do you want me to tell them?"

Sarah was sorely tempted, but shook her head, "I should tell them. I've been lying to them, too, after all."

"Lying to us?" Mike asked, confused.

"Let her tell it, it feels like it's important to her." Jill told him. He shrugged and sat back to wait.

Sarah stared at the ring on her finger for a couple of minutes while she got her thoughts together. "Erica asked me why I was wearing Mom's clothes in that memory you painted, Jill. It goes back a bit further than that, though. I…I always felt like a girl. That's why Dad beat me, because he'd catch me wearing my Mom's clothes. That only stopped after we started hanging out, Mike. And then Mom caught me and went berserk and threatened to have Dad rape me if she ever caught me in female clothes again. I never wore female clothes again after that, until I became Sarah. I'm sorry I lied to both of you, both about wanting to change back, and about who I am. I'll understand if you don't want to be around me anymore." she said softly.

Erica hugged her close while Jill nodded her understanding and Mike looked shocked. "You wanted to be a girl all your life?!" he exclaimed.

"I'm not surprised, but that was one of those things you kept behind your tightest shields. Vash suspected almost from the beginning, I think." Jill said.

"It's not exactly like I wanted to be a girl. I really just wanted to be normal. I was confused at first when I realized that everyone thought I was a boy, but tried to fit in. I was lousy at it." Sarah said.

"Is that why some people thought you were a girl?" Mike asked.

Sarah shrugged, "I don't know. I certainly didn't look like a girl, but I never could figure out how to act like a boy."

"Is it really that hard?" Mike asked, perplexed.

"It is if you're a girl." Sarah said.

"Yeah, I guess. So you want to stay as you are I assume?" Mike asked.

Sarah nodded shyly. "I always did, really, but I didn't dare think about that. I still dread my parents' reaction to all this." she said.

"Don't worry about them honey, we'll deal with them. You don't ever have to worry about your parents hurting you again! And you won't have to face them alone, either!" Erica said fiercely.

"That's right!" Mike agreed. "We'll all be there for you. Your father tries to touch you and I'll rip his arm off!" Jill touched his arm to calm him, as he was starting to look a little red in the face.

"Thanks guys, but I don't want you getting in trouble." Sarah said.

"Don't worry, we won't. If anybody gets in trouble it will be your parents." Jill replied. "So, how are you feeling now that you've gotten all that off your chest?" Jill asked.

"Better, but kind of worn out." Sarah admitted.

"Maybe we should save the training for later." Mike said.

"Probably a good idea; especially considering you two haven't even finished your breakfast yet." Jill said, looking at their half-full plates. They'd completely forgotten their meals.

"Oh yeah! I guess I'd better warm it up." Erica said. She started to move, but Sarah was still on her lap.

"I'll take care of it." Jill said. She picked up their plates and put one in the microwave and started it up. Once it was done she swapped them and carried the first plate back to the table. Neither of them could remember whose it was, so they took turns feeding each other off of it. Mike smiled as he watched and Jill soon joined him after setting the second plate down in front of them. Soon both plates were empty. "You two are too cute for words!"

Sarah and Erica blushed and Mike laughed. "You're just proving her right you know!" he said. That only made them blush more, and Mike and Jill both laughed.

Mike took away the dishes and washed them while Jill took a closer look at Sarah's ring. "This really is beautiful. You couldn't have found anything better in a jewelry store, especially at that price!" Jill said.

Erica laughed, "Yeah, the price was right!"

"Well I don't care how much it cost or what it's worth! I'd love it if it were made of wood because you gave it to me!" Sarah gushed, gazing lovingly into Erica's eyes. Erica blushed and kissed her and they both forgot Mike and Jill were there for a while.

"Maybe we should go and let the love birds celebrate their engagement?" Mike said with a grin. He loved seeing Sarah so happy, and Erica for that matter. He'd always thought Erica was too serious, so it was nice to see her loosening up.

"Maybe we should." Jill agreed, thinking much the same things. Sarah and Erica didn't even notice as they left.

Some hours later they emerged from their bedroom and took another long shower together. Once they were dried off and dressed they walked over to Jill and Mike's place.

It was a few minutes after Sarah knocked on the door that Mike opened it. His hair was wet and he was wearing different clothes than he'd been when he was at Sarah's apartment earlier. "Hey guys, come on in!" he said, blushing when Erica glanced meaningfully at his wet hair and changed clothes.

Jill was just coming out of their bedroom when they walked in. Her hair was also wet, and she was wearing exercise clothes. "Hi guys! Ready for your first lesson?" she asked, smiling happily.

"Uh, yeah, I guess so." Sarah said. Erica nodded.

Mike began teaching them and Vash observed. After an hour they took a break. When you are teaching it is easier to isolate your martial arts training and knowledge. If I transfer it in batches I can get started right away. Vash said.

"Sounds good to me, what do you girls think?" Mike replied. The others agreed and Vash transferred the information to Sarah and Jill. Sarah found it surprisingly easy to pass it along to Erica.

After resting and drinking some water they got back to work. They were a little clumsy at first, but found themselves making amazing progress thanks to Vash's help. After another hour they decided to stop. "Wow! That was amazing. I've never had students pick things up so fast! Thanks Vash; that was a lot of help!" Mike said.

You're welcome. A little more training and I should have enough information to make another useful transfer. Vash replied.

"Yeah, Sarah and Erica are already catching up with me! This is working out a lot better than I thought it would." Jill said.

It is going better than I expected, as well. Vash said.

"So how are you feeling now Sarah, you've had a lot happen the last couple of days?" Mike asked.

"I have, but I'm feeling much better now!" Sarah said, smiling widely at Erica.


 
To Be Continued…
 
I'm afraid there'll be no VC tomorrow, I'm going camping this afternoon and won't be back until Sunday. I plan on getting one up Sunday after I get back, though. Have a nice weekend all! :)

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Resolution..

I'm glad Sarah is resolving her issues and Erica is taking it so well. Looks like you are giving us and interlude before the storm. Kind of like a landing on a long staircase.

Let's see we have Tiffany, the Watcher and only Saless knows what other challenges out there. Beside confronting Sarah's parents, it will be interesting to see how the Watcher affects their future capers. How long do we have to wait before Sarah and Company get to use the newly acquired martial arts skills?

It will also be interesting to discover what is causing the increase in magic in the world. Is Sarah the cause or the effect?

I always enjoy new episodes of Venus Cursed. Thanks for sharing your talent Saless.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Thanks Trish-Ann!

Thanks Trish-Ann! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Another Great Episode, Saless!

Thanks!! Enjoy your holiday! :)

You know, after the gang masters what Mike has to teach them they really should consider going to one of the Ranma and/or Naruto universes and taking advanced leasons in the Martial Arts, especially Ki control and manipulation. Just being able to use their Ki to enhance their strength, speed and overall health would be of great help to them.

Of course, all the neat Ki techniques that they could learn with Vash's help would be pretty cool, too. :)

Thanks KenJ! I had a good

Thanks KenJ! I had a good time and now I'm back to torment you all!! Muahahaha!!! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I wonder if

Tiffany is somewhere watching Sarah's story unfold? And if she is what will she feel about Sarah's parents?

Kirri

P.S

Enjoy your break Saless, You deserve it!

Thanks Kirri, I

Thanks Kirri, I did!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

The Curse Of Venus

Turns out to be a Blessing for Sarah. It just took her admitting to her past. I believe that Venus planned all of this and hit Sarah on purpose. She could easily have seen the truth and used her powers to loop time, and set up the scene we saw. Because Venus-Aphrodite is NOT quick to anger. She may have done this, knowing that by releasing Sarah's full potential, that she was preventing a major disaster that only an OMEGA level Sarah could deal with.

Mana's forced change did bottle up Magic, but technology has finally breached the barrier as evidenced by KittyHawk, and Amy. Those three women were once men, changed throuhgh macic [Sarah] chemicals [KittyHawk and psionics [Amy]

These three could become the Focal Points of an army to defend the Earth against an evil unlike any before.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Sorry but you are mistaken.

The name of the first spirit user is Ann, not Amy, and she was not TS, but GG. She was just curious enough to learn how to shapechange into male form. Her student Melanie, however, is indeed TS.

And I really think that psionics (Chronicles of Mana-induced SWAG) are not exactly right. What Jill can do, is psionics. But she can't converse with Erica this way. So what Ann did, while helped her develop psionic abilities, has a more basic foundation.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I'm still sticking with the theory ...

... that Venus' curse is a product of Sean's subconscious which got fed up with all those repressed memories.
I agree that is has turned out to be a blessing much more than a curse.

--- Martin

Another nice chapter

I love seeing all the loose ends tied up before they come on to the next challenge. We just need to get Tiffany in the group (I'm sure Vash will see to that,) and continue on with the training. Sarah's parents can be dealt with or not, depending on what kind of closure Sarah needs.

And the watcher, of course, has no idea what he's dealing with. [evil laugh] I wonder if he will become a friend or a foe. It would be kind of cool having an alli who is a government agent.

The Watcher

From the little we've seen of him so far, "The Watcher" is very much an outsider, looking in.
He's an ordinary human and understandably sceptical of what's happening. So I guess you can't pigeon hole him into "good" or "evil" - even if he did observe magic in progress, he couldn't exactly write that up in a case report!

However, I don't know what niche Saless is carving for him, but that of an outsider looking in, only viewing the aftermath of magic (the "Oops" moments - and yes, I have started reading the Whateley Academy saga...)

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!