Derby Day Surprise - Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

derbyday.jpgDerby Day Surprise — Chapter 3
By Julie Dawn Cole

As we walked towards the exit Carole made a call on his cell phone to ask his driver to pick us up and he took my carry-on bag with the other hand. I hitched my purse strap onto my shoulder and tried to walk with small steps one in front of the other which meant I was almost running to match his long stride.
He turned to me as he put his cell phone in his pocket and said that I was younger than he expected and then looked me up and down as if he was checking me out with his eyes obviously searching for flaws. I hoped my wig was on straight and covering my mousey light brown hair and that he didn’t notice any stubble on my chin. Had I removed it all properly in the dingy light in the aeroplane. I daren’t check so I felt like I was naked on a catwalk. How many times can someone look over you before their eyes stop and refocus back to the persons face they are talking to. Had I passed?

‘ Well Sarah do you know how Marie is? Any news?’

‘No I didn’t hear except she had appendicitis and the hospital would probably operate. I haven’t heard any more because my cell phone has been switched off.’

I opened my purse to take out my cell phone and switch on for messages and suddenly saw the breast inserts that I’d forgotten to place inside the bra I was wearing. How stupid could I be? I glanced down at my chest. Surely he’d noticed my lack of bust but at least the jacket was covering me. I’d have to find a way to pop them to improve my figure since I didn’t really want to look like Keira Knightley as much as I liked her. I felt that I should at least have something more up top if I was going to carry this off.

So now how to get them out of the package and tuck them in without Carole noticing. I couldn’t see any bathrooms and we were almost at the exit doors. The driver was already there and before I knew it I was coaxed into the rear seat behind the driver and Carol sat up front.

As they discussed the best route and played with the GPS I got my chance. But it was like trying not to make a noise opening a cellophane wrapper on some sweet in the cinema. Every rustle sounded 3 times louder than normal and I didn’t need either of them to turn around and ask me to share them around.

I held the first in the palm of my hand. Mmm nice and they felt real. Not that I’m an expert of course but there is something about the shape of a female breast and the tickle of a nipple in the hand and I moved to place the nipple between my forefingers so I could guide it safely into position. Just as I finished Carole looked up and said ‘You OK back there? Comfortable?’

‘Err yes I was just adjusting the seat belt since it was cutting into me.’

He smiled and I hoped he would re-focus to the GPS before he could see this dromedary. I needed to fit number two before his eyes had chance to undress me again. Blow it I decided to take off the cellophane quickly even if it did rustle and asked him where we were going to try to distract attention.

‘My you certainly have a cute little accent there Sarah. Where you from exactly. Not England is it?’

‘I am from England actually. From the northern part. So sorry but that’s just how we speak up there.’

‘Sounds Australian to me, you’re are sure you aren’t joshing with me are you?’

‘No I’m English, but I’d like to go to Australia one day. It’s on my bucket list.’

‘Ha didn’t anyone tell you that you’re too young for bucket lists. They’re for us older ones who’ve been around the block a few times. Anyway you’ re here in the States and Oz is a bit off your radar isn’t it? I thought you Brits had a bit of a rivalry with them anyway. You can’t be interested to be treated as one of their Sheilas surely?’

‘I just heard it’s a great place to live with lots of sunshine and I wanted to see the barrier reef and go snorkling and surfing.’
‘Wow you don’t look like an outdoor girl. Ain’t that just pushing your luck a bit though. With all the sharks out there it must be a bit dangerous for a girl on her own.’

‘I suppose it is but I’ve got some friends who work there and anyway there are lot’s of sharks here aren’t there?’

‘Ha Ha. Touché. I guess I’ll just have to show you around a bit and let you see what you’ve been missing over there on your little island.’

He had a wide grin on his face and a suggestive twinkle in his eye and I realised he must have been a bit of a ladies man in his day. Mmm sorry no chance buddy, can’t help you.

Then he carried on ‘I will treat you if you do a good job and I back the winner. Maybe I can persuade your boss to let you stay on and come and see some of my clients who like a pretty face. I reckon with the right assistance I could double my commissions and there’d be something in it for you if you fancied working here in the USA. I heard you’ve done a great job so we might make a good team.’

‘Thanks, but I never expected to even be here never mind being offered a job. I doubt it would work out and anyway I’m not sure how a Northern England girl will go down. You have such beautiful women of your own and I’m no match.’

Well let’s see if I’m right. Something about you tells me you’re a natural. You’ve got a different look about you and I think the accent is cute. Let’s see how you look when we get you fully kitted out for Churchill Downs.’

This guy was already giving me the impression I might have more problems with him than my client and I was getting nervous. I tried to look out of the window at the surroundings, so he’d turn away.

But he carried on ‘I’ve got a bundle of dollars ready and a friend of mine has given me a hot tip who might just take the triple crown so if you follow me maybe we can both strike lucky. I just love this time of the year but it’s a long time since I last struck lucky. I backed a dream horse and made a small fortune. A fantastic horse. Maybe you heard of it?’

‘No I never took much interest in racing. So I wouldn’t know even if you told me its name.’

‘Mmm never heard of Secretariat? What a horse. Fastest horse ever and a great stud.’

‘Really?’

‘Yeah strong butt and good stride just like me. Slow starter and liked to come from the back. Big Red they called him. I owned some shares in him that one of my clients sold me. Made a lot of money. You should have seen him. He was a machine as he won the crown and made me a fortune. His stock value shot up.’

I tried not to show much interest so luckily then he started to argue with the GPS and decided to overrule it and direct the driver to the highway himself saying ‘don’t take any notice of the dame. Women never go the right way so how can we trust one on GPS?’

At least it gave me another chance so in went number two.

OMG that’s better now I look like I have a decent bust and since Carole was fond of the one eye I felt safer somehow and I was in balance at last. It actually felt good and I couldn’t resist sticking them out a bit and opening my jacket. The bra was quite comfortable and I had a strange feeling that I could get used to these. Now I was beginning to understand why women show themselves off and I hoped to see what I looked like as soon as I could escape.

I tried to sit straight and rummaged round in my purse and found a watch and a bracelet that had been put there for me. The bracelet had a silver chain with a heart on it and I struggled a bit to hook the small bar through the chain that took me five minutes at least. It looked good alongside the watch was a small face and was much more delicate than mine that I had removed on the plane and popped into my case. I shut my eyes for a few minutes and listened to the music on the radio. What was I doing so far away from home dressed like this and about to put myself into the care of a this guy Carole who I didn’t know from Adam?

I then had a message to my cellphone. ‘Oh Marie is OK. She had her appendix removed.’

Carole turned around again ‘Great, that’s good news.’ But immediately his eyes focused directly on my new bust peeping out of my jacket. What is it about men? Oops what am I saying?

‘Well Sarah I think that bit of good news deserves a small celebration. How about we wait until we get to the hotel before we have a snack. We could celebrate by popping across to the Russian tea rooms for afternoon tea. Then I’ll take you for some Italian food later this evening after we’ve met picked up the things that you need for the next two or three days.’

‘Yes afternoon tea sounds nice. It’s a British tradition though not Russian.’

‘Well this is special tea and I hope you’ll like it. I just love it.’

up
191 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Julie, You seem to have a real feel for breasts... Uh.., wait...

Ole Ulfson's picture

That didn't come out quite right... But forgetting to put on a front was a fun little twist. It looks like our Sarah might need something to put between herself and Carole to separate them.

I don't think those will do the job!

Great story,

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Confused? I know I am and maybe Sarah as well?

Andrea Lena's picture

Our Sarah might have to put a wall between her and Carole, aye? Sort of confusing not knowing how or what to feel, if at all. What is this leading up to? With whom... of course, there's romance in the future, with Julie as author... shall Sarah find love? I know I have no choice but to wait. Thank you, Julie!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Slow Start I know

You obviously don't think Carole is in with a chance. But you know what New York is like and maybe Sarah will make a brand new start of it in old New York. Will you watch over her?
Jules

Jules

She did make a boob

But she recovered quickly don't you think?

Jules

Thank you Julie,

I wonder which horse will 'breast 'the line' for the Derby ?
But after the Preakness, I'll have another!! Another good story.

ALISON

If I don't take care

Everybody will find out the horse and then back it. We don't want the odds to shorten do we? Winning by a breast will be enough and it sounds better than winning by a nose don't you think? No bad comments so glad you didn't get upset about the Oz bit. Wasn't it some chap from my area in UK who found it?

Jules

Ooh! Bitchy, Bitchy!

joannebarbarella's picture

I bet you'd really LOVE to look like Keira Knightley.

That Carole has more lines than the lead in a Shakespeare play. He will definitely bear watching. Ee bah goom,

Joanne

You have me.

But I couldn't have said 'Twiggy' could I?
Wouldn't we all like to look like Keira. Twice Knightley would do wouldn't it? I just can't forget her stepping out of the fountain soaking wet in her cotton dress. It shows we don't need too much up front to make an impact.
Jules

Jules

Yes,Julie,

If you want to keep abreast of things you must remember the old
saying,"Once a King ,always a King,but once a Knight is enough":)

ALISON

Very good Julie -

And quite funny.

I have a feeling Carole wasn't talking about a horse!

We in OZ have a horse called Black Caviar which will win the English Derby this year!

The Queen will not be amused.

I think it has won the last 24 races, and usually by a few lengths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Caviar_%28horse%29

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

I think you were spot on

Carole is a bit full of himself like most studs. A challenge don't you think for a novice like Sarah. She is a bit handicapped.
I'm not sure we will roll over and let a Oz horse take the prize. At the moment Camelot is odds on at 4/5. I think Ma'am will sneak a tenner on the nose with a local bookie outside the back door of Windsor Castle. It's not easy at the track with all the cameras.I'd like to see your horse run. 24 on the trot is a big acheivement.

Jules

Jules dear.....

Looks like Sarah had her hands full! (Literally!) Boobage always makes a statement! (And is a nice distraction if you have a particle of food stuck between your teeth!) I'm thinking a wall between them won't be enough, it may require a "Pond"! lol. Loving Hugs Talia