You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 31

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 31

    Lianna felt a pang of pain when she was dragged out to the minibus on the Monday morning while Danielle was still in her dressing gown waving to her from the doorway. Lianna was still worried about Danielle spending time with Tina, but also she was jealous of the fact Danielle was going to be spending the day shopping with Cathleen, Penny and Kat.

    Cathleen was home from college for eight weeks, and she would be helping out at Prue’s surgery, but Prue had given Cathleen a couple of days off before she started working for her, and Sara and Amber had given Penny and Kat the day off, so they could go shopping with Cathleen.

     “I hope your mood is going to improve sis?” Lauren asked as she nudged Lianna with an elbow.

     “I’m okay now.” Lianna smiled.

     “Yeah, right.” Lauren frowned. “What is the problem with you this morning?”

     “I’m not totally sure.” Lianna shrugged and let out a sigh.

     “I think you do know, but find it a little silly for some reason, so don’t want to talk about it.” Lauren guessed.

    The look Lianna gave Lauren, said she’d just hit the nail in the head. “I’m right aren’t I?”

     “Yes.” Lianna said dramatically as she rolled her eyes. “I’m jealous of Danielle getting to spend the day with Cathleen, Penny and Kat.” She pouted.

     “You can’t expect Danielle to sit at home and not do anything while we’re at school.” Lauren pointed out. “What else is bothering you?” Lauren could tell there was a little more to her sister’s weird mood.

     “I’m scared that Danielle might fall for Tina while they’re spending time together.” Lianna finally admitted.

    Lauren just burst out in a fit of giggles. “Are you feeling okay sis?” Lauren finally asked as she lifted the back of her hand to Lianna’s forehead to see if she had a fever.

     “This isn’t a joking matter sis.” Lianna frowned as she slapped her sister’s hand away. “Tina’s a pretty girl, and she was hanging around Danielle a lot yesterday at the barbecue.”

     “She was hanging out with you as well, but I don’t see Danielle getting all protective over it.” Lauren said as she slapped Lianna’s arm for slapping her in the first place. “Did you mention any of this to Danielle?” Lauren asked.

     “Yes, we spoke about it last night.” Lianna answered as she went back to looking out the window.

     “And what did Danielle say?” Lauren asked as she leaned forward to look at Lianna’s face.

     “She pretty much said I was nuts, and then she kissed me.” Lianna scowled.

     “What did Danielle say?” Lauren pushed for a proper answer.

     “I asked if she liked Tina, and Danielle said she did, but then she said she loved me, and then we kissed.” Lianna admitted.

     “I don’t think you have anything to worry about sis.” Lauren smiled. “Danielle was just being friendly to Tina, she must have realised how scary it is to suddenly find yourself in a new place with lots of other kids running around, and from what Tina said, I think she’d found herself in among some really stuck up groups until yesterday.” Lauren tried to make her sister understand.

     “That’s their loss then, because I thought Tink was fun to hang with, once she came out of her shell.” Lianna giggled when she thought about some of the fun things they did the day before.

     “Have some trust in Danielle, and let her have some fun with Cathleen Penny and Kat.” Lauren smiled as she took hold of Lianna’s hand. “We’ve had more fun with the three of them than I can remember, but Danielle hasn’t had the large family backing we had, and I don’t think Tink is into other girls like you are.” Lauren added.

     “I know all that, but part of me is just worried Danielle will realise she doesn’t love me, and all this was just a crush on the person who helped to turn her life around.”

     “What Danielle feels for you is not just a crush sis. She loves you.” Lauren grinned. “But not having trust in her could lead to problems further down the line.” She warned.

     “I guess I have been acting a little silly over all this.” Lianna giggled.

     “Just a little silly?” Lauren asked with a raised eyebrow. “Have you had any more texts from this mysterious Clare?” Lauren asked as she tried to change the subject, and also get Lianna’s mind away from Danielle.

     “No, not since I scared them off on Friday.” Lianna said as she got her phone out and checked to make sure this Clare hadn’t tried texting her again.

     “Just be careful, and don’t agree to go meeting this person alone someplace.” Lauren warned.

     “Other than the time I go to the library and using the restroom, I spend all my time with you.” Lianna pointed out.

     “I know that, and the person left texting you until you were in the library, the one time you don’t have any family around.” Lauren said as if Lianna was making her point for her.

    Lianna went to argue with Lauren, but stopped when she saw what Lauren was getting at, and the person must have some idea of her timetable, or they were watching her and waiting for the right time to text her. “I see what you mean now sis.”

     “Halleluiah! She finally get’s it.” Lauren shouted heavy with sarcasm as she threw her arms around Lianna and hugged her.

    All the others turned to look at them when Lauren shouted, but soon turned back around as they chalked it up to Lauren being her normal crazy self.

     “Sis, I’m trying to keep this a secret remember.” Lianna growled in an angry whisper as she poked Lauren in the side with her elbow.

     “Sorry, but it’s just such a big deal when my slightly dumber sister finally understands what I’m trying to tell her.” Lauren said it like she was talking to a young child as she reached up and pinched Lianna’s cheek between her thumb and finger.

     “Will you stop making fun of me?” Lianna frowned as she slapped her sister’s hand away again.

     “Just as soon as you stop doing things that leave me room to make fun on you.” Lauren pouted as she leaned in and rested her head on Lianna’s shoulder.

     “I hate you.” Lianna said as she wrapped an arm around Lauren and she rested her cheek on the top of Lauren’s head as Lauren rested her head on her shoulder.

     “I know you do.” Lauren giggled, not believing a single word her sister just said.

    Brad was soon driving into the school and the kids all got out and headed towards their homerooms and the final week of school before they broke up for the six weeks holidays.


*****

    Danielle was sat at the kitchen table watching nana Holly getting things ready to do some baking when the doorbell chimed to let them know they had a visitor. Danielle looked at the time and saw it was the time that Tina was due to arrive, but Danielle still didn’t rush to the door.

     “Are you not going to run and let your new friend in sweetie?” Holly asked, but soon remembered what happened on Friday and cleaned off her hands before taking Danielle by the hand and leading her out to the hallway.

    Danielle was still nervous about going near the front door so she hid behind Holly, not that Holly had been much help on Friday.

     “If you’re worried about answering the door Danielle, then you should always put the chain on, just like this.” Holly said as she showed Danielle how to place the chain on the door before she opened it.

     “Hello, Holly, is Danielle home?” Danielle heard Tina’s voice asked from the other side of the door.

     “Yes, just give me a second to take the chain off the door.” Holly said as she closed the door and removed the chain before opening it again.

    Danielle stepped from behind Holly and saw Tina stood on the doorstep with a man in a suit stood next to her. Danielle looked at the man with suspicion.

     “Hi Danielle, this is my driver Damon, I know he looks scary, but he’s really quite funny to be around.” Tina giggled as she looked up at the frowning man trying to look neutral.

    Danielle relaxed and looked at him a little more closely and thought he looked a little like a young Jason Statham, and the way he was dressed reminded her of the role he played in a movie called ‘The Transporter’ This made Danielle giggle as she looked out and saw he was also driving an Audi, one of the cars he drove in a couple of the films.

     “Does he ever look in the package?” Danielle asked a puzzled looking Tina, but Damon grinned, so she knew he got the joke.

     “No I don’t Miss Danielle.” Damon said, even sounding like Jason Statham.

     “What are you both talking about?” Tina asked in frustration.

     “Your new friend thinks I look like Jason Statham, and she just used a line from one of his old films called The Transporter, Miss Tina.” Damon explained.

     “Do you own copies of these films?” Tina asked. “And what’s with this Miss Tina stuff as well?”

     “Yes I own copies of the films, but I doubt your father would be happy if I let you watch them.” Damon warned. “And it was your father’s idea that I be a little more formal when around your friends.” Damon added.

     “Screw that!” Tina frowned. “Just be your normal self Damon.” Tina added as she elbowed Damon in the side.

     “As you wish Tink.” Damon grinned looking more relaxed again now.

     “That’s better.” Tina giggled. “I still want to see this Transporter film though.” Tina warned.

     “You know I can’t go letting you just watch a film like that, but if I happened to leave them lying around and you just happen to see them, and then borrow them. I can’t see as there’s anything I can do to stop you.” Damon said. This was his way of letting Tina get away with something, but also cover himself if Tina’s father found out, not that her father would fire him. Damon was more like a big brother than a driver/bodyguard.

     “I understand Damon, and thank you.” Tina grinned up at him.

     “Thank you for what?” He asked with a grin.

     “Oh, nothing.” Tina grinned back at him.

     “Hello Damon, I’m Danielle’s Nana Holly.” She said as she reached out to shake Damon’s hand. “Do you want to come in for a drink?” Holly asked.

     “I don’t want to be any trouble Miss Holly.” Damon said.

     “Don’t be silly my child and get in here.” Holly ordered. “And just call me Holly. I’m way too old to be called a Miss.” She added with a giggle as she stepped aside and let the two of them into the house and then led the way to the kitchen.

    Danielle and Tina had already run off in front giggling, which left Holly and Damon to wander down to the kitchen alone.

     “Thank you for inviting me in for a drink Holly, I’m not used to being treated like a person.” Damon said. “It’s been some time since I saw Tink so full of life as well.” He added when he heard the sound of the two girls giggling.

     “You’ll find we’re a very grounded family, and Tina just sort of clicked with Danielle and the others yesterday.” Holly shrugged.

     “Tink tends to be a very down to earth kid as well, I think that’s the reason she has trouble fitting in with most the kids her age that her father knows. I feel like I was at the get together you had yesterday myself, after Tink told me all about it last night and again this morning.” Damon chuckled.

    Danielle and Tina were already in the kitchen when Holly and Damon arrived. Danielle was sorting out the kettle ready to make a fresh pot of tea for the two of them, and then she let Holly take over making the tea, while she sorted out a glass of juice for her and one for Tina.

     “Why are Cathleen, Penny and Kat treating you to this special day out anyway Danielle?” Tina asked as they sat at the kitchen table.

    Danielle looked a little nervous, but decided that telling the truth would be the best thing. “I’ve only been a member of the family for a couple of weeks. Mandy and Carl have adopted me, and the barbecue yesterday was so the whole family could meet me.” Danielle explained.

     “What happened to your mum and dad?” Tina asked looking sad for Danielle for losing both her parents.

     “They didn’t want me, so my Gran raised me until she died when I was seven, then I was placed in foster care until I found my new family.” Danielle grinned. “I do need to tell you something else, and I hope we can still be friends after I’ve told you.” Danielle added looking nervous again.

     “I doubt you could say anything that would make me stop being your friend Danielle.” Tina said as she took hold of Danielle’s hand.

     “Due to a defect at birth, I was labelled a boy, and was raised as a boy until I started developing as a girl in the chest area, then things got weird until I ran into Lianna and Lauren in the city one Saturday. Aunty Chrissy showed an interest in me and one thing led to another and I was found to be a girl, but I had to have some surgery done last week to fix the problem.” Danielle explained to a shocked looking Tina.

     “You poor thing.” Tina said as she threw her arms around Danielle, lying to rest any worries she had about Tina hating her. “And you thought that would make me hate you?” Tina asked with a pout.

     “Until finding Lianna and Lauren, I thought the whole world hated me, or just thought me weird.” Danielle said as she hugged Tina back.

     “Weird is the new normal, if you ask me.” Tina giggled.

     “I may get in trouble with Lianna later for telling you this Tink, but she’s transgendered.” Danielle said as she looked at Holly to see if she might have said the wrong thing, but Holly just gave her a nod to say she was doing the right thing.

     “Trans what?” Tina asked looking puzzled.

     “Lianna was born a boy, but has a female mind, so she is now dressing as a girl and taking hormones to help her develop as a girl until she’s old enough to have the surgery to correct the problem.” Danielle explained.

     “Isn’t that like the problem you had?” Tina asked as she thought she understood what Danielle was trying to say.

     “No, I was intersexed, where as Lianna has a boy’s body, but the mind in that body is just like you and me.” Danielle said with a sigh, as she felt the pain she knew Lianna had to deal with on a daily bases.

     “Wow that is so much to deal with.” Tina said as she shook her head in shock of what she’d just been told. “Why have you told me all this?” Tina asked.

     “I’d rather you leave now before we become friends, if any of it bothers you, and someone gets hurt later if you found out then and said something out of hatred.” Danielle explained her reason for telling Tina the truth at this point in their friendship.

     “Well that just makes me feel sick!” Tina snapped.

     “What!?” Danielle asked in shock and with some pain in her voice from Tina’s reaction to the news. Danielle had expected Tine to be okay with finding out about Lianna, with how she reacted to her own story.

     “I mean how can someone as pretty as Lianna, not be a real girl, I’d kill to have legs like hers.” Tina explained when she saw the look Danielle was giving her. “I’m jealous.” Tina added with a pout.

     “So you don’t hate her then?” Danielle asked, just to make sure.

     “Yes, just not for the reason you think.” Tina giggled, which let Danielle know she didn’t mean any of it.

    The doorbell chimed before they had time to say anymore, and Holly went to answer it while the girls finished their drinks. Holly knew it was going to be Cathleen and the others arriving.

    Danielle was just rinsing out the glasses when Holly walked back into the kitchen with Cathleen, Penny and Kat following close behind.

     “Hi Girls!” Cathleen squealed as she ran across the kitchen to where Danielle and Tina were stood at the sink. They were soon both being hugged by first Cathleen, and then Penny and Kat did the same.

     “I hope the two of you are ready for some serious shopping?” Penny asked as she hugged the two girls at the same time.

     “I don’t have any money, but it will be fun watching you three shop.” Danielle pointed out.

     “Don’t worry Danielle; your father already took care of that worry.” Cathleen grinned as she pulled out a black credit card and waved it in front of Danielle’s nose. “I was told to make sure you both had a fun filled day, and you’re not to worry about cost. Cathleen added, like it was a direct quote from someone else. ‘Her father’ Danielle thought.

    Cathleen, Penny and Kat were soon looking over at the kitchen table when they heard a man’s voice. “Thank you for the drink Holly, and if you could give me a call when you’ve finally had enough of Tink.” Damon said as he handed Holly a business card with all his details on it. “I’ll come and pick her up.” He added with a smile.

     “Hello.” Cathleen said as she undressed Damon with her eyes while walking back across the room to shake his hand. “I’m Cathleen, and these are my friends Penny and Kat.” Cathleen added with a smile.

     “Nice to meet you, and I’d like to thank you for offering to take Tink out with you today.” Damon said sounding very smooth as he said it, which just made Danielle think of Jason Statham even more.

     “As Tink will be out with us today, don’t you think I should have your details as well? Just in case I need to get hold of you later.” Cathleen added the last part with a grin.

     “Please call me if you feel the need to at any time.” Damon said with a smile as he handed Cathleen one of his cards. “And I do me at any time.” He added with a raised eyebrow and a little smirk.

     “I will.” Cathleen almost purred as she looked at the card before she slipped it into her purse for safe keeping. Cathleen planned to pick Tina’s brain through the day to find out as much as she could about this sexy looking man.

     “I’ll see you later Damon. Tina said as she ran over and gave Damon a hug, and Damon hugged her back.

     “Have a good time Tink, and you have my number if you get in any trouble.” Damon said as he looked Tina in the eyes to make sure she understood, not that he was expecting any trouble.

    Damon walked out with Cathleen and the others as they made their way out to Cathleen’s car, and then he got in his Audi and drove away while Danielle and the others were all saying goodbye to Holly. They all waved to Holly as Cathleen drove out the driveway and out of sight, all set to have a fun day of shopping.


*****

    Lianna had been lost in thought most the morning, as she looked at the other students. Lianna was trying to work out how many of the male ones liked to sneak into their parent’s or sister’s bedrooms and try on their clothes. This was all due to her having that text conversation with this student calling themselves Clare.

     “Sis! Stop staring at people.” Lauren growled at Lianna under her breath as she poked Lianna in the side with her elbow, snapping Lianna out of her weird thoughts.

     “Sorry.” Lianna blushed as she saw a frightened student almost walk into an open door as he was looking at the weird way she was looking at him, rather than where he was going.

     “What’s wrong with you now anyway?” Lauren asked with some frustration in her voice.

     “I was just wondering how many of the male students play dress up in their mother’s or sister’s things?” Lianna said absent minded, as they made their way out into the sun for mid morning break. Have you ever thought about it?” Lianna asked as she looked at Lauren.

    They were just walking past a group of four boys going the other way, so Lauren found herself picturing the four boys all wearing female clothing and she shuddered at the thought of it. “I hadn’t, but I am now.” Lauren whined as she playfully slapped Lianna on the arm.

    Lianna looked at the four boys and quickly worked out what had made Lauren slap her, and she started giggling as she tried to picture the four boys all dressed in girls clothes, and it wasn’t a pretty image either, as all four boys were on the rugby team, and they had already seen a couple of them in girls uniforms on the day they all helped to play the prank on the reporters outside the main gate.

     “Don’t blame me for your over active imagination.” Lianna giggled as she ran outside trying to get away from her sister, but Lauren had always been the faster runner out the two of them, so Lauren was soon diving on Lianna’s back and they both fell to the ground giggling.

     “Lauren!” Lianna whined when they finally sat up and she saw they were both covered in grass. “We both look a right mess now.” Lianna added as she got to her feet and brushed herself off, just before doing the same to Lauren.

     “Gees, you’re such a girl, sis.” Lauren said with a sigh and a roll of her eyes.

     “Thanks.” Lianna grinned, taking it as a complement.

     “I was being sarcastic.” Lauren frowned, just before she started grinning and then giggling as she slapped Lianna on the arm again.

    They went and sat on the bench under their favourite tree and enjoyed the short break while having their juice cartons that Nana Holly put in all their school bags.

     “I wonder if this Clare is watching us right now?” Lianna asked as she looked around to see if anyone was looking at them in a weird way.

     “I guess they could be, or they may be keeping their distance from you, just in case you’re doing what you’re doing now.” Lauren pointed out.

     “You think I did the wrong thing, calling them like I did on Friday, don’t you?” Lianna asked after a moment’s silence.

     “In part yes, but if it was just a prank, then I can understand you wanting to find out, and if the person was daft enough to have the ringer turned on while in school, well they are asking for trouble, or they don’t have any friends, so don’t need to worry about getting caught with their cell phone turned on.” Lauren shrugged.

     “Using that logic, it more than likely isn’t a prank then, but someone that really is confused about their gender.” Lianna said excitedly as she looked around even harder for someone looking at them.

     “Don’t take my word for anything sis.” Lauren said looking worried. “All I know about this person is what they said in a couple of short texts to you.”

     “That’s the same as me.” Lianna pointed out.

     “Yes, which is next to nothing, so just be careful.” Lauren frowned, as she knew that Lianna could be just as impulsive when it came to offering help, as their mother was. And Lauren had heard some stories about their mother, meaning Chrissy.

    The morning break soon came to an end, and Lauren had hockey, so Lianna made her way to the library. Lianna was wondering if this Clare person knew about this trip to the library, and if they would try to contact her again.

    Lianna entered the library and looked for a quiet spot to sit and do her homework from the first period, and then read up on some of the classes she had in the afternoon. She walked around a stack full of books, and saw Charlie Whitmore sat at a table looking through a book and nursing a cast on his arm.

     “Hi Charlie, do you mind if I sit with you for a bit?” Lianna asked with a smile.

    Charlie just looked at Lianna with fear in his eyes. He was use to people not seeing him, so it was a shock to find Lianna actually talking to him, and using his name.

     “I’m sorry, I’ll sit somewhere else.” Lianna finally said when she saw that Charlie wasn’t going to answer her.

     “No! Please.” Charlie stuttered out as he waved to the chair across from him at the same table.

     “Thank you.” Lianna smiled as she placed her bag on a chair and then sat in the one next to it and got a book out. “I hope you didn’t do that on Thursday when you walked into that door.” Lianna added as she looked at the cast on Charlie’s arm.

     “Thursday?” Charlie asked looking puzzled.

     “Yes, you were looking at Simon having a little chat with Nigel Lint, and you walked into the door. I was going to come after you and make sure you were okay, but you move really fast.” Lianna explained with a giggle.

     “Oh, I remember now.” Charlie said with a smile, as he looked happy with the memory of what Simon did to Nigel. “No, I did this over the weekend, I fell off my bike.” Charlie added.

     “Mountain or motorbike?” Lianna asked, not wanting to let the conversation end, as this was the most the two of them had ever said to each other.

     “Mountain bike.” Charlie chuckled. “I’m not tall enough to get on a motorbike.” He added with a shake of his head like the thought alone scared him.

     “Does it hurt?” Lianna asked.

     “Not if I take the painkillers.” He smiled.

     “Can I sign it for you?” Lianna asked looking hopeful as she looked at the clean white cast on his arm.

     “Sure.” Charlie said looking excited. “Just don’t do anything to girlie, please? I have enough trouble with being picked on as it is.” Charlie added with a sigh.

     “I won’t, promise.” Lianna said as she went in her bag again and pulled out her pencil case and set to work making Charlie’s cast look a little cooler.

    Charlie was soon sporting a skull and cross bone design on part of the cast, and then Lianna added the words ‘get well soon Charlie!!’ under it and then added her signature.

     “Thanks Lianna, that is so cool.” Charlie grinned as he kept looking at the design on his cast. Lianna thought it was the first time she’d ever seen Charlie look happy before, he was normally wearing a scared or worried look as he ran from class to class trying to avoid whoever it was trying to pick on him next.

    Lianna and Charlie had to look like they were studying for a couple of minutes as the librarian walked past with some books she was returning to some shelves close by. Once the woman was done and she’d moved away again, Lianna looked at Charlie and noticed that he’d been looking at her, or more to the point, he’d been studying her.

     “Do I have something on my face? Lianna asked.

     “No, sorry. I was just looking at how pretty you look.” Charlie blushed.

     “Pretty for a boy in a dress?” Lianna asked as a joke, but the look on Charlie’s face said he hadn’t realised Lianna was joking.

     “I didn’t mean it that way; I mean you look so natural, like you’ve always been a girl.” Charlie tried to explain looking all flustered as he started to stutter out his words.

     “I was only joking with you Charlie; you should learn to relax a little.” Lianna giggled. “Thanks for the sweet complement. I think I always felt a little different growing up, and I had a wonderful family to support me as well.” Lianna explained.

     “What do you mean, when you say you felt different?” Charlie asked with a puzzled look.

     “I’m not sure I can find the right words to describe it.” Lianna said looking thoughtful. “I guess I just felt more at home being around girls, and playing as one, and you’d already said I act like a natural.” Lianna added with a grin.

     “Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions Lianna, and I’m sorry if you thought me nosy.” Charlie said in a polite voice just before he went back to studying again.

     “You’re welcome Charlie. It’s nice to hear you speak, and please don’t think you can’t come and talk to me anytime you feel like it.” Lianna smiled.

     “I’m sure you’ve got much cooler looking kids to hang with than me.” Charlie frowned like Lianna really didn’t have to be nice to him.

     “I know you get picked on a lot Charlie, and maybe if you opened up a little more, and spent more time getting to know people, then the bullies would leave you alone.”

     “I’m not good in large groups of people; I got all tongue tied and shy.” Charlie said in almost a whisper as he blushed.

     “I think most people are shy when they first meet a group of new friends, but you will soon learn to relax and just be yourself.”

     “You don’t know me very well then, do you?” Charlie smiled as he made a joke of what he just said.

     “You seem to be opening up to me, and I’m well into the danger zone for people not to be seen with.” Lianna said in a whisper as she looked around like it was a big secret that they were talking to each other.

     “I already get called sissy. Fairy and lots of other names, so how much worse can it get for me?” Charlie shrugged.

     “I never realised it was that bad for you Charlie.” Lianna said with pain in her voice. She’d had a small taste of what Charlie must have to put up with on a daily bases, and she hated it, but at least she had her friends to turn to, Charlie had no one.

     “Don’t worry about it, I got used to hearing it some time back, and you and your family have always been nice to me.” Charlie smiled again, even though he was saying something sad.

     “I think it’s about time we did something more than just being nice to you then.” Lianna said with a determined look on her face.

     “What do you mean?” Charlie asked looking worried again.

     “Who’s going to be helping you at lunchtime?” Lianna asked. “You can’t carry a tray and feed yourself with your arm in that cast.” Lianna pointed out as she looked at the cast she’d just spent some time decorating for him.

     “I’m just going to grab an apple and then find a quiet place to sit and read.”

     “Well not anymore, you can join me and the others, and I’ll help you eat a proper meal.” Lianna said.

     “I couldn’t do that.” Charlie squeaked out in a panic.

     “I wasn’t asking Charlie.” Lianna frowned some more.

    Lunch followed their study period in the library, so Charlie had no way to make a run for it, and Lianna was watching him like a hawk to make sure he didn’t. They left the library together and walked down the hallway towards the dining room where Lianna and Charlie could see a group of other students stood waiting for them, or waiting for Lianna, but they would soon find out that they were waiting for Charlie as well.

     “Hi everyone. I hope none of you mind but I said Charlie could join us for lunch, he’s broken his wrist and won’t be able to feed himself, and was going to just have an apple for his lunch.” Lianna explained to the others.

     “You need more than an apple Charlie.” Lauren said sounding even bossier than Lianna had when she found out about Charlie’s lunchtime plan.

    Lauren took hold of Charlie’s hand and marched him into the dining room with the others following close behind. Charlie was soon trying to make Lauren let go when he heard a male student’s voice asking him a question, and it scared him.

     “What you doing with my girl?!” Simon shouted, but he was smiling, not that Charlie could see him smiling as he panicked and tried to pull away from Lauren.

     “I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Charlie kept saying as he kept trying to make Lauren let go of his hand so he could run away.

     “Calm down Charlie.” Lauren said in a soothing voice. “I’m not your girl Simon, so stop acting like such a dick!” Lauren added as she scowled at Simon.

     “Calm down, I was just joking with you both.” Simon said as he raised his hands in surrender. “What happened to you Charlie?” Simon asked when he saw the cast on his arm.

     “Fell off my mountain bike.” Charlie said nervously as he still kept trying to make Lauren let go of his hand, but she just gripped it so tight that he started to worry about her breaking his other hand.

     “Ouch, sorry to hear that man.” Simon said as he patted Charlie on the back making him flinch as he thought Simon was going to hurt him. “Relax man, you’re safe with me.” Simon smiled.

     “I said Charlie could join us, so he can get a proper lunch.” Lianna explained the reason for Charlie being with them.

     “That’s cool, we can add to his cast over the lunchtime break.” Simon grinned as he saw the skull and cross bones that Lianna had already done.

    Simon helped Lauren get Charlie some lunch, and then Lauren cut it all up for him after Simon carried the tray over to one of the large tables over in a corner. Charlie was quiet to start with, but he was soon chatting to Jessica about a subject they had together, that she was having some trouble with, but Charlie understood it perfectly.

    Charlie kept working his way around the table over the lunch break as all his new friends added a little bit of design work to his cast, and by the time lunch was over, Charlie had a fully decorated cast that looked pretty cool.

     “Thanks for doing this, and for helping me with my lunch.” Charlie smiled as he held up is cast.

     “Glad to help Charlie.” Lauren smiled back as she stepped forward and gave him a quick hug, just before all the other girls did the same. Simon, Ian and Peter just bumped fists with his cast like guys do.

     “I want you to start and hang with us from now on Charlie, and we’ll stop all the assholes from picking on you.” Simon told him.

     “You don’t have to keep hanging out with me.” Charlie tried to argue.

     “I know we don’t have to Charlie, but we all want to.” Simon said as he looked around the table at the others to make sure they all agreed with him. They all nodded and smiled, which made Charlie smile even more.

     “Do you have a mobile phone on you?” Jessica asked all of a sudden.

     “Yes, why do you ask?” Charlie said looking nervous again.

     “So we can all have your number and chat with you silly.” Jessica said as she held out her hand.

    Charlie handed over his phone and then watched as Jessica played around with it for a couple of seconds before her own phone pinged, and then she handed him his back and did something on her own before all the other phones pinged to let them know they had all just been sent a message.

     “Now we all have your number in our phones.” Jessica grinned.

    Charlie sat and watched them all playing around with their own phones as they added his number with a name, and then he got a load of friend requests come through to his phone that he had to accept.

     “Now you can call one of us if you’re having any trouble, or you might be a little late meeting us for lunch.” Lauren explained with a warning in her voice, that he better turn up for lunch.

    Lianna got her phone out and went to add Charlie’s number to her friends list and add his name, when she noticed something. She noticed that she already had Charlie’s number in her phone, it was the same number as the mystery person that texted her on Friday. ‘Charlie is Clare?’ Lianna thought to herself as she looked at Charlie sat on the other side of the table laughing at some silly thing Jennifer was talking about.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
200 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

LOL...

Damon as a younger Jason Statham, I can see that. Well, I am happy that Lianna found out who Clare is. Now she needs to be careful on how to appoach Charlie about being Clare. I was wondering if Charlie was Clare when Lianna started talking wih him. What is next for the family?

Joshlyn Amanda

You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 31

Meeting Damon and finding Clare just shows that this family has friends and the capacity to help others who are scared and in hiding. Does Charlie know that he just outed himself to Lianna?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Outed to Lianna

Based on the text messages between 'Clare' and Lianna earlier, Charlie already knows about Lianna, and now that what appears to be a very good friendship has started, I think Charlie is not be worried about having outed himself to Lianna, once he realizes he has done so.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Still reading

It looks like Damon might have a new girlfriend soon. Cathleen seems smitten; mind you, so does Damon.

I like how everyone rallied round Charlie; just what I'd expect from this family.

S.

Charlie/Clare

I think Charlie is too distracted right now to realize that (s)he is outed to Lianna. Hopefully that happens when they are still together.
I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

Martina

Danielle has to stop outing Lianna

I hate it myself. I don't mind people knowing per se but it is not their job to out me as a talking point. I will do my own outing if I deem it appropriate.

I still hate what Tina just said as to 'not a real girl' *sigh* We can't win.

Kim