Lipstick And Lead Part 10

Printer-friendly version

 © August 2012


Part Ten of Eleven

Chapter Ten: Rest in peace

Previously...

    Samantha was stood out on the porch when Nicole pulled up outside the cabin. Nicole was just opening the door on the 4x4 when it slammed shut again due to a bullet impacting the driver’s side door window. Lucky for Nicole, the 4x4 was fitted with bullet resistant glass, so she was unhurt.

     “Stay in the truck and keep your head down!” Nicole snapped as she pulled a pistol out the glove box and then jumped out of the 4x4 and ran to protect Samantha who was out in the open on the porch looking worried for her daughter. “Get in the cabin Sammi!” Nicole screamed as she ran up the steps.

    Nicole was just a foot away from Samantha when she felt a white hot pain shoot through her shoulder as she was shot. The bullet went straight through Nicole and then hit Samantha in the chest, knocking her backwards into the wall of the cabin before she fell to the ground in a heap.

     “Mum!” Sara screamed.

    Nicole looked around just in time to see Sara getting out the truck and Athena walking out of the forest on the other side of the open space in front of the cabin. Nicole knew it was all over as she had dropped her gun when Athena shot her through the shoulder.

     “Run Sara, run as fast as you can!” Nicole shouted as she fell to her knees waiting for Athena to finish the job and claim her victory.

And now the story continues.....

    Athena was so focused on Nicole that she was taking no notice of what Sara was doing. “You killed the man I loved you bitch!” Athena spat out with pure rage in her eyes. “I’m going to kill you so very slowly.” She added with a sick pleasure in her voice.

     “At least I got to see Viper’s head explode before you kill me.” Nicole said, hoping to goat Athena into killing her fast.

     “I know what you’re trying to do ice princess, but it won’t work.” Athena growled. “I’m going to ma...” Was all Athena got out before a loud bang rang out and Athena started coughing up blood as she grabbed her throat and looked over to where the shot had come from.

    Nicole looked over as well and she saw Sara stood with the gun gripped in both hands with smoke snaking its way out the barrel from the shot she’d just fired at Athena.

    Athena took a couple of steps towards Sara before she fell to her knees and then she fell to the ground as her eyes rolled up into her head. She was finally dead.

    Sara looked shocked for a second or two before she looked at the gun in her hands and then dropped it to the ground like it had just burned her fingers. Sara then ran over to where she saw Nicole crawling towards Samantha’s body slumped on the ground.

    Nicole turned to face Samantha and then she crawled over to where her body was slumped on the ground unmoving. “Sammi, Sammi?” Nicole winced as she tried to turn her over, but with one arm out of use due to Athena shooting her. Sara was soon at her side helping to get Samantha laid out on the porch, so they could make sure she was alright.

     “Mummy, mummy.” Sara sobbed as she looked at the blood soaking the front of the shirt Samantha was wearing. “Do something Nikki! Save her, please save her.” Sara screamed as she tried to stop the bleeding.

    Nicole knew from the blood pouring out of the hole, that it was just a matter of time before Samantha was gone for good, and nothing she could do would make any difference.

     “Sara? I need you to be brave for me, and do whatever Nikki tells you.” Samantha croaked out before she winced in pain.

     “You’ll be fine mummy; Nikki will make it all better.” Sara argued.

     “Nikki?” Samantha asked as she reached up with her hand blindly searching for Nicole’s.

     “I’m here Sammi.” Nicole said as she moved a little closer so Samantha could see her, and Nicole took hold of her hand to let her know she wasn’t alone.

     “I need you to promise me something Nikki.” Samantha said with pain in her voice.

     “I’ll promise you anything Sammi.” Nicole said as she found it hard to keep her emotions under control.

     “I need you to be a mother to Sara for me, and please help her fulfil her dream to become a beautiful woman, just like you.” Samantha forced a smile.

     “I promise that Sara will be well looked after Sammi.” Nicole replied.

     “You can’t leave me mummy, I need you.” Sara sobbed as she held her mother’s other hand.

     “Nikki will be your mother from now on, but I’ll live on in your heart, and I’ll be keeping an eye on you from up in heaven.” Samantha winced.

     “I want you as my mother.” Sara whined.

     “I can’t do that, but I know that Nikki will be a good mother to you. Now let me finish what I have to say.” Samantha said as she felt herself getting weaker due to the blood loss, but at least the pain had stopped, she just felt num now. “Can you do me one last favour Nikki?”

     “I will if I can.” Nicole said as she moved in closer, due to Samantha’s voice becoming nothing more than a whisper.

     “Can I kiss you one last time before I die?” Samantha asked with a smile.

    Nicole smiled back as she moved her lips closer to Samantha’s and then they touched. Nicole thought they felt just as soft as the night they made love, and Sara was conceived.

     “Thank you Nikki.” Samantha whispered as she licked her lips to taste Nicole still on them. “Sara, Nicole? I love you both...” Samantha’s eyes closed and her head just fell to the side.

     “Mummy, mummy?!” Sara said as she started to shake Samantha like she was just asleep, and would wake if Sara shook her hard enough.

     “Sara, stop doing that, she’s gone.” Nicole said as she reached out to try and stop Sara shaking Samantha’s now dead body.

    Sara slapped Nicole’s hand away, but jerked Nicole’s shoulder where she’d been shot, making Nicole scream out in pain.

     “I’m sorry Nikki.” Sara sobbed as she remembered Nicole had been shot at the same time her mother was. “I’m sorry.” She sobbed as she fell into Nicole’s arms unable to cope with the pain she was feeling, Sara just passed out in her arms.

    Nicole had managed to get Sara into the bedroom and then into the bed before she went out to the kitchen and got the first aid kit out and did the best she could with her shoulder, before she set about burying the bodies. Athena had aimed well when she shot Nicole, the bullet had gone through her body, but missed all the bones and vital organs in that part of her body, so other than the bleeding and pain, she knew she’d live.

     “I’ll get you taken care of first.” Nicole said as she stood over the lifeless body of Athena.

    Nicole staggered over to the tractor that she used to do any construction work around the cabin. She used the arm on the tractor to dig two holes. The first hole was just in an open spot away from the cabin. Nicole then dropped Athena into it and filled it in to be forgotten about with no landmarks or headstone. The second hole was just next to the cabin, and she took more care with this one. She grabbed some sheets and wrapped Samantha’s body in them and then used some thread to sow them closed around Samantha’s body. Nicole then used some rope to help her lift and lower Samantha’s body into the hole. She stopped at this point, so she could wait for Sara to wake and join her, so they could then lay Samantha to rest in a beautiful spot overlooking the valley and forest below.

     “Damn! I’ve made my shoulder bleed again.” Nicole said to herself when she saw the blood stain on her shirt. Nicole knew it was going to take time and rest to heal her shoulder, but she wasn’t sure what time to rest she’d have once Sara woke.

    Nicole went back into the cabin and then removed her shirt and the dressing, so she could replace it with a fresh one. Nicole was sat on a stool when she saw Sara enter the kitchen looking half asleep until she saw Nicole, and she was fully awake and welling up with tears again.

    Sara had woken, thinking she’d had a nightmare where her mother was shot, and then she’d shot the woman that did it. Sara had realised that it wasn’t a dream when she walked into the kitchen and saw Nicole sat at the breakfast bar trying to clean out the hole in her shoulder.

     “I wasn’t dreaming was I? My mother is really dead isn’t she?” Sara asked with tears running down her cheeks.

     “I’m afraid so.” Nicole said as she slipped off the stool and walked over to where Sara was stood sobbing. Nicole was still not wearing a top, or a bra, so Sara got a good look at Nicole’s breasts. “I’m sorry Sara.” Nicole added as she pulled Sara close to her and then started sobbing herself.

     “What can I do to help you Nikki?” Sara asked after they finally stopped hugging and crying.

    Sara stepped back to look at the hole in Nicole’s shoulder, but couldn’t help looking at Nicole’s perfect looking breasts. Sara lifted her hand to her own chest and could only the feel the padding.

     “You’ll have real ones of your own soon.” Nicole said when she saw what Sara was looking at as she reached up to her own breasts.

     “I’m sorry for looking at them Nikki, but they just look so real.” Sara blushed.

     “They are real!” Nicole pouted as she thrust her chest out, but regretted it when it made her shoulder protest. “Ouch!” Nicole added as she lifted her hand to her shoulder and winced.

     “Serves you right for flashing them at me.” Sara giggled, but she was soon putting her hand up to her mouth and looked like she was about to start crying again. “I’m sorry; I shouldn’t be laughing now mother is dead.” Sara mumbled through her hand.

     “I know that your mother wouldn’t want you to stop laughing and smiling. It’s just how you cope with the pain some times.” Nicole explained as she pulled Sara into another hug.

     “I think you just like teasing me with your breasts.” Sara giggled some more when she felt them pressing into her own chest. “It must feel amazing to have your own breast though.” Sara added.

     “It feels natural to have them there, but I know what you mean.” Nicole winced some more.

     “We better get you patched up before it gets infected.” Sara said as she led Nicole back over to the breakfast bar and set about doing what Nicole told her.

    Sara was soon placing Nicole’s arm in a sling to stop her using it, in some hopes of helping it to start healing. Sara had tried to talk Nicole into going to a hospital, but Nicole had said no, as she’d been shot, and they have to report any gun shots.

     “I have your mother all set to be buried, but I thought you might like to say a few words first.” Nicole said as she led Sara out the cabin and over to the side of the house where she’d dug the hole and placed Samantha’s body in it.

     “Can’t we do it properly? This doesn’t feel right.” Sara said as she looked down into the hole where she could see the wrapped figure of her dead mother.

     “We will buy a proper headstone for her Sara, but this is the best place, and your mother did love the view from this spot.” Nicole smiled as she looked out and took in the beauty of it for the first time. “Trying to bury her anyplace else would just raise too many questions, and you would end up in a foster home.”

     “But I have you to take care of me.” Sara pointed out.

     “I’m not your father anymore Sara, he died, so this is the only way we can do it, and we’ll come back to visit her all the time. I promise you that.” Nicole said as she wrapped her good arm around Sara.

     “Will you be my mother then instead?” Sara asked with a tear in her eye.

     “I’ll try Sara, but I don’t think I could ever replace Samantha.” Nicole said with sorrow in her voice.

     “I’d never ask you to replace her Nikki, but I’m sure you will be just as good in your own way.” Sara said with a sigh as she rested her head on Nicole’s good shoulder.

     “Do you want to say a few words before I fill in the hole?” Nicole asked as she saw that the light was fading.

     “How can I sum up twelve years with someone as wonderful as my mother?” Sara asked with tears rolling down her cheeks.

     “You don’t have to Sara; this is just so you can say a proper goodbye until you can be together again.” Nicole stepped back to give Sara some time alone at her mother’s grave side.

    Nicole was sat on the porch steps ten minutes later when Sara walked around from the side of the cabin and sat down next to her wiping tears away.

     “Is it okay for me to put the soil back in the hole now?” Nicole asked as she went to stand, but winced from the pain in her shoulder where Athena shot her.

     “You need to rest Nikki, let me sort out the hole.” Sara said as she stopped Nicole from getting up, while she got to her feet and made her way over to the tractor.

    Sara spent ten minutes trying to work out how to get the arm on the tractor to move before Nicole made her way over and talked Sara through the right way to make it work. Sara was soon filling in the hole while Nicole went back to sitting on the porch steps and waiting for Sara to finish.

     “All done?” Nicole asked looking tired as she fought to stay awake while looking up at Sara stood over her.

     “Yes, she’s resting in peace now.” Sara said as she helped Nicole get to her feet. “Now we better get you to bed, you’re not looking to good.” Sara added looking worried.

     “I’ll be fine once I’ve had some sleep.” Nicole said as she let Sara help her into the house, and then to get ready for bed. “I’m the one that should be doing this for you.” Nicole added as Sara tucked her in.

     “Just worry about getting better again, and then you can start looking after me.” Sara smiled. She was worried about Nicole, and didn’t like the way Nicole looked when she left her.

    Sara slept on the couch in the living area on and off all night, but she kept going to check on Nicole. Sara was getting more and more worried as she saw that Nicole was running a fever. Her worry turned into a full panic the next morning when she couldn’t get Nicole to wake up, and she was burning up.

     “Please wake up Nikki.” Sara pleaded with Nicole as she kept trying to wake her, but Nicole wouldn’t wake.

    Sara knew she needed to get Nicole a doctor, but how did she get Nicole down the mountain, or a doctor up to her. Then Sara remembered the card with Ferret’s phone number on it that Nicole had given her mother a couple of days ago, just before she went on the mission to take care of Damon Gunn and the contract on their lives.

    The next problem was getting to a place where she could get a signal and make the call. Sara remembered seeing a quad bike in the garage where Nicole had taken the trials bike from, so she got dressed for a trip down the mountain and then gave herself a crash course in how to ride it and set off down the mountain to make a call and hopefully get Nicole some help.

    Sara found it much easier than she thought it was going to be, and she made good time and soon found herself down at the old barn where Nicole had stored the car when they first got to the place, and when she’d gone down the mountain the day before.

     “Please have a signal, please, please, please.” Sara said as she pulled out the phone and turned it on. “Yes!” Sara shouted as she saw she had a couple of bars to work with, and the phone was fully charged. Sara punched in the number that was on the card and then waited for someone to answer the other end.v

     “Hi ice, I’m glad you called, I have to warn you that Athena was on the same plane as you, and may know where you’re stopping.” Ferret warned before Sara could get a word in.

     “Is this Ferret?” Sara asked.

     “Who’s asking, and what are you doing calling me on this number?” Ferret asked sounding nervous.

     “My mum’s dead, and Nikki got shot and won’t wake up now. Please help me, she needs a doctor.” Sara pleaded.

     “Is this Nicolas?” Ferret asked.

     “I was, but I’m Sara now.” She sobbed into the phone. “Please come and help Nikki.”

    Ferret knew that Nicole was working up a cover for Nicolas as a girl called Sara, but he had no idea that it wasn’t going to just be a short term thing yet. The information in the file Nicole sent was a little vague on details, other than what Ferret needed to know.

     “Okay Sara, I need to know where you are and what happened.” Ferret said trying to keep Sara calm.

    Sara explained as quick as she could about how Athena showed up and tried to shoot Nicole while she was sat in the 4x4 up at the cabin, but then took another shot as Nicole tried to get Samantha under cover, but the bullet went through Nicole and then shot her mother.

    Ferret had managed to track Sara’s cell signal while she explained what had happened, and how she didn’t think it was safe to move Nicole.

     “I know where you are Sara, now head back up to Nicole and I’ll be with you as soon as I can with help.” Ferret said as he then went on to give Sara some pointers on how to help Nicole as much as she could until he got there.

     “Please come as fast as you can Ferret.” Sara pleaded before ending the call and then making her way back up the mountain to do what Ferret said as she tried to keep Nicole’s temperature down.

    Sara made it back up to the cabin and ran in to check on Nicole, and she had to get some cold cloths and wipe Nicole down as she was burning up even more, but she looked like she was shivering at the same time. Sara did what Ferret told her, but none of it looked to be helping Nicole get any better.

     “Where are you Ferret?” Sara said in a panic as she saw the time getting on and there was still no sign of this man, and the help he promised to bring.

    Sara was just beginning to think she’d be making a second grave for Nicole when she heard the roar of an engine and then she saw a 4x4 roll around the bend in the road and pull up to a stop outside the cabin. Sara ran out onto the porch without even thinking to check and make sure this person was Ferret or not.

    A man got out the driver’s side door and then ran around to the passenger side and helped a woman get out, and then he helped a young girl of around seven or eight to get out the back seat before the woman ran to the back and retrieved a large medical looking bag from the trunk area.

     “You’re Sara?” The man asked looking a little confused, as he was expecting to see a boy in a dress, not a young woman that looked to be around the age of fourteen or fifteen instead of her real age of twelve.

    Sara nodded just before she asked. “You Ferret?”

     “Yes, and this is my sister April, and her daughter Maggie.” Ferret said as he pointed at the woman and then looked at the girl at his side holding his hand and looking a little shy around Sara.

     “Talk later you two!” April snapped. “Where’s Nicole?” She asked as she looked at Sara while making her way over with the large bag.

     “She’s in here.” Sara said as she led the way to the bedroom where she’d left Nicole sleeping in the bed.

     “Sara? I need you to keep an eye on Maggie for me. Dan? You will have to help me in here.” April said as she sprang into action while Sara led the little girl out the room back into the living area.

     “Can I have a drink please?” Maggie asked as she looked up at Sara nervously.

     “Sure, coke alright for you?” Sara asked with a smile.

    Maggie smiled back and nodded her head up and down to say that would be fine, so Sara walked them into the kitchen and then got a couple of cans out the fridge and sat down in the living area to enjoy it, or try to as she waited to see if April could save Nicole’s life.

     “How old are you Maggie?” Sara asked as she played with the can in her hand, while trying to take her mind off what April and Dan (Ferret) were doing in the other room.

     “I’ll be eight in two months.” Maggie said between sips of her coke. “Uncle Dan told me you were a boy, but I think he must have made a mistake.” Maggie added with a puzzled look.

     “I was a boy, but I should have been born a girl, so I’m working to fix the problem.” Sara tried to explain.

     “I think you make a pretty girl.” Maggie smiled as she didn’t seem too bothered about what Sara just told her.

     “Thank you Maggie.” Sara smiled.

     “Can you paint my nails to look like yours?” Maggie asked when she saw the pink sparkly colour Sara’s were painted.

     “I’d love to.” Sara grinned as she grabbed her nail art kit and set to work making Maggie’s nails look just as pretty as she thought hers were.

    Sara was glad to be doing something that distracted her from what was happening in the other room. Sara was having trouble dealing with the loss of her mother, and to lose Nicole so soon after finding out she had another parent was just too much, and Sara knew she wouldn’t be able to deal with that as well.

    Sara had finished doing Maggie’s nails and had settled on the couch with Maggie asleep next to her with her head resting on Sara’s lap. Sara had just started to doze off herself when she heard April and Dan talking to each other as they came out the bedroom, even though it sounded more like an argument.

     “We can’t take her to a hospital sis” Dan said in an angry voice that sounded like it wasn’t the first time he’d said it to her. “She was shot, and they have to report all gunshots.” Dan reminded his sister.

     “I know all that, but she’s lost a lot of blood, and we have no idea what type she is, so unless you can come up with a blood relative, or you happen to know her blood type?” April asked heavy with sarcasm.

     “As far as I know, she doesn’t have any family, and she never told me her blood type either.” Dan said sounding angry with himself for not finding out more about Nicole over the years they had known each other.

     “How’s Nicole doing, will she be alright?” Sara asked as she woke up fully and turned her head to look at the two of them better.

     “I’ve done all I can, but I’m worried about all the blood she’s lost.” April explained as she walked around and checked on Maggie who was still asleep.

     “You can have some of mine.” Sara offered.

     “We don’t know her blood type, and you’d have to be a blood relative for me to risk using someone else’s blood.” April said as she sat on the edge of the couch and took hold of Sara’s hand when she saw the worry in her eyes.

     “We are blood relatives.” Sara said looking a little more hopeful that she could help Nicole.

     “You are?” Dan asked looking puzzled. “Nicole told me she didn’t have any family left.” Dan added.

     “What relation is Nicole to you Sara?” April asked. “Are you sure you’re related by blood?” April pushed.

    Sara looked at April and Dan nervously for a couple of seconds, not sure if she should tell them the truth, she decided that having Nicole alive and mad with her would be better than the alternative, so with a deep breath Sara started to explain.

     “Nicole was my father, or she was the boy that slept with my mother...” Sara trailed off as she let her news sink in as April and Dan just looked at her.

     “She was your father?” Dan asked after just looking at Sara for a couple of seconds to see if she was being serious or not. “As in she was once a man?” He added like he couldn’t believe it.

     “Yes, now can we help her, please?” Sara asked, not wanting to get into the story of how her father was now a female assassin dying in the other room.

     “Let go get some blood out of you then.” April said as she got to her feet and then moved Maggie’s head off Sara’s lap, so she could get her hooked up and take some blood.

 

To Be Concluded Next Sunday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
223 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

They're Taking a Big Chance - Spoiler

littlerocksilver's picture

Hopefully, this will work. Being related doesn't mean that the blood typing will work out. For the sake of the story, I hope it does. This transfusion could kill her on the spot. In a comment I made to the previous chapter I said that Nikki must 'die'. I think that's still the case.

Portia

lipstick

Damn

Cant you post the conclusion today?

Nope

Nope

The suspense...

It's killing me. :P

This has been a fantastic story so far, and I definitely can't wait for the conclusion!

Abigail Drew.

Good Story!

I teared up terribly about Sammi-I'm still crying. I worry that

a) We'll have Nicki and Sammi side by side or b)Something will happen, and we won't know if she's alive or not. I hope Nicki comes thru alright, especially for Sara's sake. I do think Nicki has to "die", but only so that she can continue as Sara's Mum.

Wren

There are a couple possiblities SOME SPOILERS !

IF and it is a big IF, since the contract on Samantha and her son is called off and Nikki killed the man who put it on AND his equally filthy son then Nikki COULD take over as Samantha, IE assume her identity. IF she can look reasonably like her.

OR new identities for both via Ferret.

This is so sad for if the child transitions young there will be no descendents of Nikki or Samantha to carry on. But an early transition will give Sara the best physical outcome as a woman. Also as Sara is young we don't know her sexual orientation so even banking sperm, if she can produce some, might not work. She might be a heterosexual woman and be attracted to men. Thus until medical science is far more advanced they could not have a child together. A surrogate(s) could be found and then the child/children would be half hers or half her lover but not of both.

But this dilemma is true for infertile non TG couples too. Perhaps like Nikki's mentor eventually she will become some child's adoptive mom. But that is far into the future.

The other darker thought is Nikki dies and Ferret takes in a new daughter.

I wondered why he brought the whole family but then he owes Nikki big time and having the young daughter around to distract Sara was important.

Mean evil cliffhanger!

-- grin --

Nice tale if now a rather bittersweet one. Poor Samantha did not deserve this end. And with her death ends any hope proving Nikki acted in self-defense against that now all but canonized bastard way back in high school. I was so hoping his parents would get a dose of humiliation when the truth about their son got out.
At least Viper died as she should. Killed by someone she murdered. Darkly ironic. Karma is truly a bitch.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Blood types

While transfusions from an unknown type to another unknown type is risky it is less so with family members. Between family members there is a higher percentage that they will be compatable. If Sara turns out to be O neg then the risk goes way down since O neg is concidered to be a universal donor.

Lipstick And Lead Part 10

A most bittersweet victory that hopefully will see Nikki and Sara as a family. But is Dan Ferret married? If not, will marrying him be an option for Nikki?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Conclusion?

I know it will be the conclusion of this part of a story, and I hope you can find a way to make a book 2, and continue the story, at least thru book 2.

I enjoy your stories so much, and look forward to each chapter to each story as you get them posted.

Whatever happens beyond the conclusion with this story, please keep us up to date with your other stories.

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Another week...

Aw dammit! I gotta wait. Grrrrr.


I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

Poor Sara.

Her mother is dead and her new mother (formerly father) may be dying. Quite a lot for a child to handle there and she's done very well with it so far. I agree that Nikki has to (die) so all that baggage can be left behind, but if she becomes the new Samantha, woe to anyone who hurts her daughter.

If that can't happen, since both look so much alike, then Nikki could become Sara's mother with new identities since the really dangerous ones hunting Nikki are dead now. Just a thought. Who knows? Maybe Nikki would like being a 'soccer mom'. lol

Maggie

Somehow I knew Sammi would die

... poor Sara, reminded me too much of having to lose a parent ... or two. :(

Kim

Yikes

Ferret had no idea that Nicole was had been a male which kind of surprises me, well some anyway but with Sara having to tell them kind of shakes things and possibly a lot. But like Sara thought it was a better option than darn near guaranteed death for Nicole.

Great story, just frikking great!!!! Will there be a part two after that conclusion? Please, please oh please?

Hugs

Vivien

ABO

Jill Johnson's picture

ABO fact check. This is only gonna work if Nikki is Type AB blood (universal recipient), or if he and Samantha were an exact match, e.g. AA,AO,BB,BO,OO or AB blood type or if Nikki and Samantha are heterogenous, e.g. AO or BO. Unless Samantha was OO blood type, (universal donor). To make this work there has to exist the possibility, at least, for father and daughter to match the dominant blood types, A or B or for Sara to be OO. Anything else means transfusing Sara's blood is going to kill her. It's genetics. But Hey, Nikki is nothing but lucky. 'Nuff said Honey. Back to the dénouement.

Jill

NO!!!

I was so hoping for one of John from W-land's patented Disney endings! I've just spent the last fifteen minutes crying. I know all I have to do is click on the connecting link to find out what happens but I'm almost afraid to. Dammit, you've made me care about them. Samantha dying was a real blow, if we lose Nikki now I shall crawl into a hole and pull it in after me.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin