From Russia with Love | Chapter 3: Snake Eyes Mother Fucker

Printer-friendly version

With red eyes and tear-stained cheeks, I found myself on the long road to the nearest city. I needed to change out the quad with a car and quickly. You don’t hear people using a four-wheeler as a main way of transportation, not to mention that the wheels are meant for on-road, and well it gets cold swiftly on a four-wheeler. Or it’s supposed to, oddly enough I’m not cold at all. Must be part of my mutation… or Russian blood… or training. One of the three. Maybe all of it, but I digress.

I make sure to pull through several shortcuts while going down the mountain. Since I’m on an off-road vehicle, might as well take some off-road options other vehicles just can’t do. By the time I got halfway to the city, it was late and I didn’t want to risk being targeted at night. It’s safer to go out in daylight where the city is lively. Yes, they can still target me but the best they can do spy.

Fortunately for me, I don’t think they know my face yet. I hope they don’t know my face yet. That’ll be a huge advantage for me since I’ll be using a new name and hopefully will get new clothes soon.

My thoughts went to my new, Anya Janice Garin. “Anya,” I said to the fire that crackled in reply. It felt weird saying it, but I needed to make sure that I had no slip-ups. Plus, it’d be awkward to introduce myself as Isaac Kovlov with this very beautiful body of mine. “Anya Janice Garin,” I said again to the fire. I stood up and stage whispered, “I am Anya Janice Garin!” Nothing but the crickets replied back. At least there was no one to hear me embarrass myself.

My eyes went to the Mosin Nagant I took. It was well taken care of and a lot was refurbished along with the insides. Papa told me that tools are always valuable no matter how small and therefore should always be maintained and cleaned. It was probably his own way of telling me why I should clean the damn Mosin for the forty millionth time. I won’t be able to take it apart until I get some tools to unscrew it.

My eyes reached the journal Papa left me. The last words he said to me that he loved me no matter what the journal says. That makes me nervous about what the contents of the journal are. I took a deep breath and opened the journal.

Year 1 of Project Spartan:

The subject had been born 3 kilograms, a healthy. He cried a lot and loudly, I hope this isn’t every day. Mother was in serious pain but is recovering from the traumatic birth.

It’s weird to think that this small alien thing is my child. A child I never wanted and won’t want, but for the love of mother Russia, I’ll do anything and everything. Including giving my firstborn to her.

The subject eats properly from his mother’s breasts. The mother seems slightly depressed but holding up well. I have yet to tell her about the project nor do I think I ever will.

The subject is developing quickly, I can’t tell if it’s because his mother is an exemplar or that’s simple genetics. Either way, things are going quickly. The subject is walking around at 9 months which is impressive.

The subject started communicating with us at 10 months with the simple signs we taught him. I know this is early but the subject is looking to be very smart and strong, that’s if we continue to nurture his talents.

When Ivanov told me, he wanted me on the Spartan Project, I didn’t know what to think. The fact he wanted me to raise the grandchild of Red Steel and my own kid. I don’t really care; I’ve seen enough death to know that life doesn’t matter.

Wow, I uh, I don’t know how to feel about this. Spartan Project? Subject? Mother? Papa said she died before I was born. I’m the grandchild of Red Steel? Shits, this is too much for me. I’m going to bed before this starts getting heavy.

I was back on the road again with my four-wheeler. The usually hot air was cool as it whipped past me. I’m pretty sure I should be freezing considering I’m only wearing a t-shirt. Riding this four-wheeler has gotten me nervous about the wheels. Too much grip can cause accidents if you’re not careful enough. Despite needing to get there faster, I needed to be safe first. I’m not sure if I have any powers that’ll protect me but I don’t want to find out.

***

My thoughts went back to the journal. I only read one entry of it, a quick entry, but it said a lot I can’t even begin to understand. What is Project Spartan? I’m going to guess it’s like those military movies where they tried to create super soldiers. I happen to be one of the ‘subjects’. If that’s the case then are their other subjects? I shook my head. I won’t get anywhere by thinking about that. I need to focus on what I can understand rather than what I can’t.

Like the fact that my grandpa is Red Steel or that my mother is alive. Or at least not had died before I was born. I’ll have to read more when I get the time. Not sure when I’ll get the time, but I hope it’s soon. I really want to know what happens next.

All sudden my body tingled with a sensation that screamed that I’m in danger. In front of me was a crotch. A black crotch. I nearly wasn’t quick enough to dodge it. I had to lay back on the seat like something out of the Matrix. The black, multi-camo butt passed as I got up and look at the rearview. Holy shit, it was SEMF! He was fucking on a black bike coming at me at higher speeds than my little quad could move.

I didn’t even think about it as I hit full speed on the quad, pulling out a peacemaker and firing at whatever shots I could manage at the guy to deter him. I needed to think of a plan fast. I know now that he’s a teleporter. Which is fucking bullshit, but whatever.

In civilian vehicular combat, it works similar to how air combat works. You get behind the mother fucker and take him out. Considering that he hasn’t opened fire on me, I’m guessing he either doesn’t use guns or he’s trying to capture me. I’m betting on the latter which gives him a disadvantage.

I slowed down, firing jury after jury of Judge Colt’s jury of six. Mostly out of deterrent though, a few shots hit the bike, leaving it undamaged which told me that I’m right, the bike is bulletproof. Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck. This is going to be a whole lot harder than I thought.

I breathed deeply as I spun the quad around, hitting the bike and flipping my four-wheeler at the same time. Everything was in slow motion as I maneuvered myself and jumped off the quad, taking an excellent potshot at the Snake Eyes Mother Fucker’s head, and rolling on the ground to shrug off the momentum.

I pushed myself off the asphalt, dusting myself off. I patted my body to check for injuries. Besides bruises and scrapes, nothing too bad. Meanwhile, SEMF was gone. Probably teleported away. This tells me that his powers work with his memorization and that he can’t just go anywhere he wanted in a blink of an eye. He had to see the spot and memorize it. Which means he can go anywhere as long as he’s been there once and memorized it. At least that’s how I hoped it worked.

I took a look at the quad, yup, that thing is never gonna work again. I took a breather as the adrenaline dump hit me. Turns out I’m a crier as I ugly wept my little eyes until they were red, puffy, and raw. If I’m not careful, I’m going to dehydrate myself.

I checked my things, making sure nothing was damaged. Then the bike to make sure that wasn’t damaged. It is incredible that it barely had scratches, this thing must be armored to the max with some kind of light composite. Only probably is that it probably had a tracking signal. Not much I can do about that and I desperately needed transportation. Finally, I hopped the bike and rode off with red eyes and tear-stained cheeks.

~o~O~o~

Hello There! Hope you all are enjoying the story so far!! I'd like to announce that this story will be no longer part of Gen 2 fanfiction. Now it'll be in Gen 1.5. A fanfictional class a few What-if writers decided to come together to create. It's starting in the 2011/2012 school year and this character will be a part of it. if you wish to join our Halfway House, this is the link to the discord: https://discord.gg/4vYyj3

Anyone can join, we do have a few rules but generally to keep things organized. So come up with a cool idea, write about it, and they can be part of Whateley Generation 1.5!!!

And as always, I hope you all have a happy happy day!!!

up
103 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks

Great chapter

Titles

Sara Hawke's picture

I am liking the story so far still think they could be bit longer in the 2 to 3k range if you can keep the same flow.

However, I do think that you need to make the titles with multiple repetitive vernacular that is better included into the story at a certain point.

In other words keep the oh shit moment foul language in the story. You can think of better titles as with chapter 1 and chapter 4

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Contemplation, yet duty
Death, yet the Force.
Light with dark, I remain Balanced.

On the run

Jamie Lee's picture

Now on the run, after watching her paps get killed, she now has to be on the look out for the same killer. And she doesn't know much of anything what her papa was involved in.

Nor does she know exactly who, or what, is after her. What group or organization. Hopefully the name her papa gave her can get her to safety.

Others have feelings too.