A Small Boy's Wish

Printer-friendly version

There was once a small boy named Donald who once dreamed of being a princess. Every night he would open his windows and blinds and make a wish to become a princess and every day he would be disappointed that it never came true. The little boy was too scared to talk about his wish for he knew others would laugh at it. But he still wished every night before he truly went to bed faithfully.

Donald was a sweet boy who cared for his newly born sister any time he could. He was far too small so he couldn’t do more than feed and comfort her but he still did his little best no matter what. He was a smart boy too because only smart boys can keep secrets like his. He did well in his reading and writing and even his math. But that never stopped him from wishing that he could be a princess every night before he truly went to bed.

Every day was not a good day for small Donald for his wish was never granted and every day was harder than the last. He eventually stopped wishing as he learned that it did nothing but make him cry. He eventually stopped eating because he was afraid of growing. His grades even decreased because he was too sad.

Every night he dreamed of being a princess with their dresses and swords and ponies. Every day he daydreamed of wearing pink and having tea parties. Every evening he came home and into bed to give himself dreams of being herself. They were wonderful dreams and he wish he could sleep longer. Not even taking care of his baby sister could make him happy anymore.

~o~O~o~

His parents tried everything from punishments to therapy but nothing could make him happy and nothing could make him talk. For the small boy knew that once his secret was out, he may not be as loved anymore. But every day he grew weary and every day it became harder to get out of bed.

“When was the last time that we’ve seen our son smile?” Donald’s mommy asked her husband.

“I don’t know, honey. We’ve tried everything and nothing makes him smile anymore.” Donald’s daddy thought back to when they went to Disney land and how fake his smiles were. “Truly smile at least.”

“Ronald,” Mommy cried. “I don’t know what to do anymore. This is too much. All he does is sleeps and have you seen how thin he’s getting. I’m worry, really worried.”

Daddy held mommy close, “I know, I know.” As she let out an ugly weeping symphony.

Little did they know that the small boy was peeking around the corner. Donald hated seeing his parents cry like that because of him. Because he’s not doing enough because he’s wallowing in his own pain. He knew what he needed to do but he didn’t know if he had the energy to do it. But he must try for if he doesn’t, he feared what might happened next. Donald was a smart boy after all, there must be some way he could get his wish so he could be happy again. So his parents wouldn’t hate him anymore.

~o~O~o~

The small boy began doing what he used to do, wishing. But he wasn’t just wishing every night. He was wishing every morning, he was every day, every evening, and every night. When that didn’t work, he wished thrice as hard, thrice as loud, and thrice as many times. His peers thought he had gone mad and ostracized him. His teachers thought he was being silly after all boys couldn’t be girls that was just not possible but he wished anyway. Only it didn’t work. The wishing never worked. No matter how hard he tried, no matter how many times, and no matter how loud. It never worked.

~o~O~o~

Donald was running out of energy. He didn’t know how long he could keep going before he ran out. He needed to try harder. Then an idea came to him. A silly idea. His mommy talked to people on the phone sometimes. Maybe one of those small people on the phone would grant his wish.

As soon as the small boy came home he picked up a phone that mommy used sometimes and begged “Pwetty pwetty pwease make me a pwetty pwincess. I dun wan mommy to cwy anymo and I wan to be happy agains. Pwease?! I wan to be a pwetty pwincess so much. I wan it! I wan it! I wan it! Pwease!” He didn’t know when the tears started or when he started to choke on his words but he cried, “Pwease make me a pwetty pwincess! I wan to be a pwincess! I wan to be happy. I wan it soooo much. I wan to make mommy and daddy happy.”

Donald felt arms embrace him and he flinched. He looked up to see mommy with a smile and tears in her eyes. “It’s okay, baby.”

“Mommy?” The small boy choked as he was terrified that mommy heard him at all.

She smiled more genuinely, “Why didn’t you say you wanted to be a princess?”

“Cuz, cuz I was scared an’ an’” More tears rolled down his cheeks as his mommy began rubbing his back and kissing his head.

“It’s okay, my sweet baby. I’ll always love you no matter what.”

“Can... Can I be a pwincess?”

“Yes, sweetie. You can.”

“Can I be a pwetty pwincess?”

“Of course.” Mommy sniffled and wiped away her tears. “You’re my daughter, I’d do anything for you.”

~o~O~o~

After that day, the small girl, Delilah was a very happy girl who became a very pretty princess. She had her tea parties, she wore pink, she wore pretty dresses, had a stuffed pony, and could fence with the best of them. Delilah did fantastic in her reading, writing, and even her math. She even had fun with her baby sister when the little infant became a toddler. Indeed, the small girl was happy and her wish was truly granted. Now if only she could get her playground girlfriend to wear pretty dresses with her.

The End!


I decided to write another sweet short story. Hope you all have a happy happy day!!!

up
91 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks!

I nearly cried when I wrote the ending so I hope people felt me choking up about this tiny child getting her one true wish

Very sweet.

Rose's picture

Very sweet.

Signature.png


Hugs!
Rosemary