Jacked Up Part 15

Printer-friendly version

Jacked Up Part 15

I started out by searching through the drawers of the desk. I found a box of peppermints and a roll of fruit sweets. I had already understood that there would be no liquids in this room. There was a door to my left marked ‘Toilet’ and another that had ‘Kitchen’. I made myself comfortable in the chair and picked up the mouse. The chair arm had a hard surface so you could sit back and work the screen.

I began looking at the various properties with the survey lines switched on. My first thought was to find the ones that had the best killing possibilities. Out of the fifty there were just five that had an open area which was overlooked by high ground, some of which was outside the property. I highlighted these and brought up the names of the owners, highlighting them and the reasons I wanted them monitored; then I submitted this information to the listening post.

By this time I was getting a little hungry and was happy when Z came by and said he would show me the dining area. At the door he had to go out first and I was not allowed to get close to the door until I heard it relock. I then went through the process as well. It could get tedious but it did track movements. The dining area was back down the stairs and further along the main corridor. The food looked good and Z told me that I could work my own hours in the monitoring room as it was active all the time. The meal was excellent and I went back to my room afterwards to get a good sleep. I had, after all, last woken up in LA.

I was awake and ready to go next morning about five, so went to the dining room where I had a good breakfast. I was glad that my stomach had caught up with me again. Up at my desk I noted that I had alerts for some of the people I had flagged. I had been supplied with a full dossier on each one, along with their current location. There was a note to tell me that if I looked at the big screen, I would find all of my subjects with a blue ring around them, with a yellow ring around our primary problem. I clicked on his icon on my own monitor and had a birds-eye view of a small group playing golf in Florida. I watched for a while and realised that, although he was supposed to love the game, he really wasn’t very good at it and I even saw him pull a ball out of his pocket and drop it at a good lie, kicking the one he had just hit into the rough.

I then opened up my search for smaller properties, again with rising ground and found another sixteen that would do. I highlighted them and called up the owners as before. I then asked the system to cross check my noted people with activities of organisation within the extremists, finding six that had the land and the links. I submitted a request for all available information on those six as well as a request for full oversight of their activities. I went into the toilet and then the kitchen to have a small drink of water and when I came back there was a message waiting for me.

I saw that one of the aides had telephoned one of my targets and asked for a meeting at a coffee house in Nashville, about halfway between their present locations. That was being too nice, I thought. It was for two days hence and that gave us time to set up surveillance on both targets as well as wiring up the coffee house. My target was one of the ones with less than fifty acres so it was good luck that I had flagged him the day before.

For the next day or so I continued to search the properties, working into the night using heat sensing. I located several places that looked like empty space where the owners, and their friends, would congregate in the evening and sit around. It looked odd so I asked for one to be looked at when the owner was in town, giving co-ordinates. I believe that a couple of Special Forces guys went in and they reported that although the site looked clean, at the exact co-ordinates I had sent they found a concealed trapdoor leading to a weapons cache. It looked like the boys spent some evenings just cleaning guns and shooting the breeze.

The surveillance on the aide and his companion revealed that they were planning a large rally some three months in the future, with smaller rallies being held prior. The aide wanted the smaller ones to invite local fascist groups where they would be asked to attend the big rally, which would be held on the targets’ property. Now we had a likely site we could start to plan for the big day. The thing that chilled my bones was that the aide had been accompanied by two guys who our people identified as two of the four pardoned mercenaries.

For the next two weeks I worked nights on the heat sensing coverage, pin-pointing the little ‘gathering points’. My co-ordinates were used by Special Forces after that to look at the spot, find the hidden weapons and place a charge under the munitions for future use. We ended up with about thirty such places, all on property owned by prominent leaders of various groups. We did have a few agents inside a couple of the gangs and I asked that they try to get their friends to fire off a few shots in the air at their gatherings like the Jihadist when they get excited. It was reported back that this had become quite a popular move as they could all feel empowered and then spend some more time lovingly cleaning their guns.

As things progressed it became obvious that things were coming to a head. The vicious tweets had got more insane and increasingly exhorting the populace to ‘stand up to the socialist evil’. The smaller rallies were getting bigger and the mercenaries were showing up all over the place. The police were having a difficult time containing the Antifa demonstrations that went hand in hand with these events. It was especially hard in ‘open carry’ states as the fascists were using every opportunity to march the streets with their weapons.

At the site of the main rally we could do nothing until they started to prepare for the event. It was like a big amphitheatre and the layout was perfect, all we needed was a focal point, helpfully given when they drove a big trailer onto the site and erected steps up to it with a couple of poles to hang a banner behind it. I was now able to trace the best firing positions but came up with very few good places. The rise of the land was so little that as soon as the attendees were standing in front of the trailer, I would not be able to get a good shot from a hide. I would need to be somewhere elevated.

Three weeks out from the big rally we had a meeting. I was driven to an entertainment venue on the base, my first time out of the building in a couple of months. It was not a big group that met but, except for me, it was only Generals and above plus one certain politician. There was a bit of soul-searching but I could see that it was only half-hearted as everyone had decided that we had to use the same tactics as our enemy and eliminate the problem at its source. I closed my eyes as it came home to me that my worst nightmare was going to come true and I was to be ‘the hammer of God’.

We had been oversighting the smaller rallies and a lot of the guys arrived in cars, busses and RVs. It was decided that my best chance of a good shot would be from an RV as that would put me above the crowd. Our plant in one of the bigger groups suddenly won the lottery and bought himself a new RV which he would attend the next two small rallies in, with his new girlfriend, me.

Once again I had a new identity. I was now Annie Scott, a far-right supporter and the new girlfriend of Roger Burlson, a member of the Patriot Prayer, a group based in Portland. I was kitted out in all the right clothing; OK I looked like a biker hooker. I had my very own six-shooter and a holster on a studded belt. I was driven, in a closed van, to a railroad station where I took Amtrack to Portland. When I got off my new boyfriend was easy to spot as he fitted the demographic perfectly, in fact, we made a good looking couple if you were looking for angry folks.

Marianne G 2021

up
125 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Two things I noticed

Apropos of nothing. First, thanks for not doing the silly name game, with her getting the code name Patricia (nickname Pat) Hurst and the guy being Roger Young, or even worse.

Second, no fake tats? They make temporary ones these days that look real and last seven to ten days before needing to be reapplied. It seems likely to me that the women all have tats of some sort, based on what I've seen.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin