The life of Riley - part 10 Christmas Delight

Printer-friendly version

When we finally returned home, I felt exhausted but happy. So many things were going on in my mind. What about Sammy and me if I decide to attend Cherry Blossom Hill? I wanted to make a decision soon but not immediately.

Mary and I lounged in the living room a bit and relaxed. I wanted to go to bed early so I could get enough sleep and have a nice date with Sammy the next day. After a short snuggle session with my big sis and a few texts with Sammy, we decided to meet at 10 in the morning at Claire's Cafe. Mary agreed to drop me off in town and pick me back up later. She and Alyssa wanted to meet at the mall to hang out.

Sammy and I hugged tightly when I saw her waiting for me in front of the Cafe.  We kissed for a moment and then found a table to sit and place our order.  She asked me a lot of questions about my trip to Boston and I excitedly told her everything. However, I could see a bit of sadness in her eyes when I studied her  face a bit more.

"So, it sounds like you might be good fit for Cherry Blossom Hill and vice versa. What are you going to do?" Sammy asked me while looking at me intently.

"Honestly, I am strongly leaning towards going there. Home schooling with my mom is great but I believe this school can offer me so much more." I told her.

"I understand. I know it would be too dangerous to go back to our school.  As we know, you would not get support from the principal." Sammy said sounding genuine.

"I think you are right. However, I would miss you a whole lot. We won't see each other that often." I told Sammy, feeling sad.

"I had those thoughts too. They scared me but I think we could try a long distance relationship. I am sure you'll be able to come home maybe on some weekends when there is a holiday on the following Monday or the Friday before. Does that sound good to you?" Sammy wanted to know.

"Yes, that sounds fantastic. By the way, I am sorry I didn't text or call when I was in Boston. I was so overwhelmed with all the new things I explored." I let Sammy know, feeling a little guilty.

"That's alright. I understand. On a side note, when are we going to have another fashion show and what are your plans for Christmas?" Sammy inquired.

"Oh, good questions. I was hoping we could do a fashion show with us, my sis and Alyssa. Regarding Christmas, I have not made any plans yet but I was hoping we could spend some major time together." I suggested.

Sammy lightened up.

"That sounds good to me." Sammy assured me, smiling. Gosh, her eyes were so beautiful.

"What should we do with the rest of our day?" I asked her.

Sammy's smile turned into a wicked little grin.

"What is Mary doing right now?" Sammy asked me.

"Well, she went to meet Alyssa at the mall. Why?" I wanted to know.

"If she is not busy we could get together for a fashion show and maybe we could get dinner and watch a movie?" Sammy suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds good to me. I will text Mary and ask my parents if they are okay with that." I said to Sammy.

Mary was totally up for it and Alyssa wanted to join us also. Tons of fun were not far away.

Mary picked me up after I texted her. She was also excited about another fashion show. Our parents didn't mind us girls having fun this evening. They suggested to order pizza and then they wanted to leave us girls alone and go out. Alyssa and Sammy both agreed to be at the house at 6 in the evening. Mary and I went up to her room when we came back home for an important sister conference. I thought I saw my dad rolling his eyes and my mom sounded like she sighed. Though they both seemed to smile.

"OMG! This is going to be so much fun! I can't wait." I told my big sis while jumping up and down.

"Oh yes, girl. It will be. I think we should make it a bit more special and exciting." Mary suggested.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked her.

"I think we should make it into a competition. Nothing too crazy. A friendly competition. The girl that has the winning outfit will get a price or something."

"So, you mean a competition with all of us. Who is going to be the judge?" I asked her.

"Well, I haven't gotten this far yet. There is still time to think about it." Mary assured me.

"Alrighty. If you say so." I told her.

"I have an idea too." I said with a wicked grin.

"What?" Mary inquired with a skeptical look on her face.

"We will have a fun fashion show, eat some pizza and have some girly talk time. After that we could all rest and have some alone time. You and Alyssa in your room and Sammy and me in my room. Mom and dad won't be home for a while, right?" I asked my big sister while trying to sound as innocent as possible. Of course, I was not able to fool her.

"Riley, I thought you said not too long ago that you weren't ready for sex yet?" Mary asked me seeming concerned.

"I know but I am curious too. I don't want to push Sammy into anything but you know sometimes things just develop and you never know..." I said trying to sound convincing.

"I don't know, babe. I understand how you feel but I think you are too young for this. Take my advice. Wait a bit longer until you are more mature. Also, mom and dad trust us. You don't want to ruthlessly take advantage of that, do you?" Mary quizzed me.

I looked at her intently and felt a bit ashamed. Seeing it from that perspective, I think I was able to understand.

I nodded slowly.

"You are right." I said quietly.

Mary gave me a big hug.

"Thanks!"

"That's what big sisters are for."

"Now let's focus on our fashion show. We should start setting up soon." Mary commanded me gently.

"Agreed. Do we need to go shopping for anything? I think mom just went not too long ago. We should have a lot of snacks and drinks." I told my sister.

"I think you are right. I think most importantly, we are going to need to set up which clothes we want to wear. Maybe we should take some pictures. We could also use one of your music apps to play appropriate music. I think we could have the runway start in your room and end in my room.  What do you think?" Mary wanted to know.

"That's brilliant. We just have to think who is going to judge our outfits. I will ask Sammy if she has an idea. Maybe you can ask Alyssa?"

"Good idea. Even if we don't come up with an idea it will  be a lot of fun. I asked Alyssa to bring a fair amount of clothes for the show. Did you ask Sammy to bring lots of cool clothes?"

"Yes, I did. We might be able to borrow certain items from one another. Oh, I am so excited. This will be super fun." I assured my big sis.

Mary and I prepared more for our big show. Soon the girls were here and everyone was sitting in the kitchen, eating pizza and having a good time. My parents were hanging out a bit with us but soon left to go on their date.  We finished dinner, cleaned up and headed upstairs.

Sammy and Alyssa had each a huge bag of clothes. I could not wait to try on so many different outfits. Before we started our show, we hang out in Mary's room and got ourselves comfortable.

"Mary and I talked about having someone judge our show, so we could have a winner. I don't want us to get too competitive because the fun is the most important part. However, it would be kind of nice to have someone be the winner." I pointed out.

"Well, I don't know who would be a good judge who is not biased." Sammy mentioned.

"I have an idea. Why don't we post it on Instagram and let the people decide which outfit do they like the best?" Alyssa suggested.

"That is not a bad idea. But what if someone recognizes Riley who then might discover her secret? I think we should be cautious." Mary warned us.

"True. Why don't we have mom and dad decide when they come back? We could take pictures  and simply keep them private. Trust me, they would not favor Mary or me only because we are their daughters." I told my favorite girls.

"I think that would be alright."  All the other girls said almost at the same time.

With that being sad, we started setting up. We decided that each girl should create four different outfits from their own clothes and borrow one part of the outfit from any of the other girls. We had a ton of fun. I wore different combinations of dresses, skirts, tops, leg wear, shoes, accessories and for every outfit I borrowed an item from every girl.

It was so much fun. We laughed, giggled, hugged, kissed and simply had a good time. I was glad that we took a lot of pictures to hold on to these beautiful memories.

My parents came home shortly after we were done. We let my parents settle in a little bit. I was eager to ask them about who they think was wearing the best outfit. My mom and dad enjoyed seeing how much fun we had. We waited excitedly for their answer. After a while they still didn't say anything.

"So, who do you think has the best outfit?" I quizzed them.

"Well, we think that Alyssa has the best outfit." My mom said while almost showing no emotion.

"Why?" Mary asked while looking at my mom intently.

"And Sammy" my dad added.

"And Mary" my mom said.

"And Riley" my dad completed the short list.

"That's not fair!" I pointed out.

My mom and dad both smiled at us.

"Come on, girls! The most important thing is that you had fun and enjoyed each others company." my dad wanted to make us understand.

"Ha! Very clever, dad." Mary said, pretending to pout.

The girls left soon and Mary and I went upstairs to clean up. I was still wearing a beautiful creme colored dress and nude pantyhose.

"You look cute in that outfit." Mary complimented me.

"Well thanks, darling." I told her while blowing her little kisses.

We settled on her bed and snuggled a bit.

"I love those fashion shows with you and your adorable girlfriend." Mary assured me.

"Thanks. Me too. I felt so great. I want to do that all the time." I told her.

"So, what else do you want to do this Christmas?" Mary asked me.

"Anything and everything. As you know, our town will have a German style Christmas market. I love all the food they have and the lights are gorgeous." I said while recalling past memories of said market.

"That sounds good. Maybe all four of us girls can go together. Maybe your new and stylish Italian girlfriend can meet us there. I would love to meet this mysterious Angela." Mary said more to herself than to me.

"By the way, have you given Boston and Cherry Blossom Hill some more thought?"

"Yes, I have. I think I want to go there if mom and dad are okay with it."

"Good decision. I am certain that you are going to have a great time there and learn a lot. Can I ask how your date with Sammy was this morning? We didn't get a chance to really talk about it."

"I think it went well. We decided to try a long distance relationship. We both think it is worth trying."

"I agree. You should not just give up. I hope it will work out for you two." 

We talked a bit more and soon went to bed. I had such warm and fuzzy feelings inside. What a wonderful day this was. I felt excited about this Christmas season and all the great things to come.

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I sure hope

we don't have to wait so long for the next chapter, I don't think my brain would survive waiting a year for that. This is quite good and I'm looking so forward to her boarding school.

Thank you all

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate it a lot. I can assure you and everyone else that no, it won't take this long for the next chapters. The next few chapters are in fact already written. I will release them shortly.

I am very sorry it took me this long. I felt like I let people (and myself) down. The last year wasn't always easy for me and I had to work out a lot of things. Working two jobs, learning another foreign language and dealing with some personal issues has been rather difficult. I forgot how therapeutic writing can be.

Anyways, to all my readers: Thank you for not giving up on me and this story. A story that means so much to me and truly became a part of me. Thank you for your loyalty. I also wanted to let you in on a secret. I have been living in the United States for a long time but English is not my native language. You can take a guess where I am from originally .Post it here or send me a personal message. Talk to you soon.

Love

Your Anna Olivia

Always fun

laika's picture

I love this lighthearted tale; although it seems parting is
gonna be sweet sorrow when Riley goes off to school in Boston.
It would be wonderful if Sammy could go there too; but I don't
suppose her parents would have any reason to send her there.
And oh look! You posted another chapter already. Tomorrow for that...
~hugs, Veronica
.

I tried to guess where you were from from your syntax + word choice;
but your English is too good for that to give me any real clues.
I can't even guess which continent, but probably not Antarctica.
And if the name Olivia has any bearing on your country of origin
that's not much help either. It goes back to ancient Rome,
but it's since migrated all over Europe (although I think
the French and Portuguese spell it slightly different...)
and to dozens of countries in the western hemisphere.
Maybe you could write a quick one-off story set there,
wherever it is you're from; and surprise us...

Thanks

Thank you for your comment. I like your idea of writing a quick one-off story about where I am from. I will consider it. I will let you guess a bit more and no, it is not Antarctica.