The Black Sword. chapter- 13

Printer-friendly version
The Black Sword.

Down through history there has been many stories of heroes and the weapons of power. Thor with his Warhammer Mjölnir, the sword of Aries and Mars, Attila the Hun’s sword, and King Author’s Excalibur. These are but a few legends. Yet for every one of these legends there are two legendary weapons lost to time. Among those lost weapons are the few whose power comes with a cost. They are the cursed weapons of power. Each curse is unique to the weapon. The Black sword is but one such weapon of great power. This is the story of the weapon and its newest welder.


Chapter 13
Crystal Caves of Promises, 54miles from Imrryr.

In the now empty Chamber of the Promise Stones. Unseen by any eyes the last of the outer five Promise Stones blazed to life. In the far corner the shadows pulled in on themselves forming a portal. Just a few hours after gaining her freedom the Other Soul oracle returned to the chamber. Beside her stood Ambassador Seemsucia of the Shadow Cat Clan in her true form. The shadow cat sniffed then purred.

“We are alone Princess Vladislava.” Seemsucia told the fully grown true dhampir Princess of Transylvania. “Why have we returned here so soon?”

“For the last the five-hundred-and-ninety-one years I have waited for those five stones to ignite.” Vladislava told the shadow cat as she ran her hand over the Dragon’s Eye crystal. “Of all the Promise Stones this is the one that I dreamed of shinnying the most.”

“Why?” Seemsucia asked in confusion.

“This one stone holds my greatest desire Seemsucia. A desire that I have kept hidden from those Aos Sídhe sluts.” Vladislava snarled. “This stone was a promise given only to me by Oberon.”

“Then the Queens have a false prophecy for the Dragon’s Eye?”

“They do. What I told them was that when this stone shines that the four Courts will rise in victory over their ancient foe.” Vladislava told her.

“What’s the real prophecy?”

“With the rising moon slumbering Imrryr awakens. Upon black wings of death Imrryr’s warrior queen shall ride. A thousand Bright Empire Knights shall carry the young Queen’s ire. Vengeance comes to Mist and Ancients alike with the rising of the Hunter’s Moon.” Vladislava told her friend as she stroked the crystal. “This is my vengeance. This is my reward.”

“And what of the sixth and final stone Princess?” The shadow cat asked.

“The last Promise Stone is clear for a reason. There are prophecies at work here Ambassador Seemsucia. Both concern the return of the Emerald Queen and the Eternal Champion. One leds towards peace. The other path holds nothing but war and devastation for the people of Avalon. By that I mean all the people of Avalon. Both human and Aos Sídhe.” Vladislava told her new friend.

“Do you know which prophecy will take hold?” Seemsucia asked her.

“Only the Fates know, my friend. Until the stone begins to glow no one will know. If it glows green the prophecy for peace will be the one. Should it glow red then the Dragonkin will wage a war of genocide.” Vladislava answered the shadow cat with a heavy sigh.

“You said there were prophecies at work Princess. How many other prophecies are at play Princess?” The shadow cat ambassador asked with chuckle.

“Just one other. One that only I hold. It is also the one that I hope and pray comes to pass.” Vladislava told her as she lovingly stroked the clear crystal. “When red and green turn yellow. The children of the dragonkin shall mend broken friendships and the downfall of two kingdoms. On the day that the sky turns to ice, a terrible act of cruelty shall usher forth an era of love and an age of abundance.”

“How will you know if that is the prophecy?” Seemsucia asked in confusion.

“As the third prophecy says, Seemsucia. The Center Promise stone shall shine with a brilliant yellow light.” Vladislava answered honestly. “It why it has a second name known only to me.”

“What name is that Princess?”

“The Divine heart.” Vladislava told the shadow cat ambassador with a grin. “I think we should go Seemsucia. The Queens’ Rangers will return shortly.”

The shadow cat just snorted and opened a new portal. “I doubt it Princess. Without an oracle to guide them and to translate the stones. There is no need for the Queens to place a standing watch.”

“They still fear the fifth and sixth promises Seemsucia. They may not know the prophecies concerning those stones, but they know that they will come true.” Vladislava told the shadow car as they walked through the portal. “By the time they realize the truth behind the Dragon’s Eye. It shall be far too late to stop or influence the final prophecies.”

“Tell me Princess. What does your Inner Sight show you?” Seemsucia asked.

“I see the death of two kingdoms and the return of a powerful ancient empire.” Vladislava told her friend. “A return I wish to hasten.”

Throne room of Castle Avalon, Avalon City.

Kathrine walked through the doors to her throne room in a foul mood. Even though she had made major changes in the city government there still two major obstacles to her unquestioned rule as Queen. The first of which was Dame Eleanor and her followers in the Gray Wolf order. The second was Grand Master Grahone and the mages within the Order of the Bear. As much as she wanted to kill the two she couldn’t. She lacked the one thing that would give her free license to have Dame Elanor and Master Grahone arrested. Solid evidence of High treason on the part of the two Orders. She knew that Eleanor, Grahone, and their fanatics were behind more than half of the current problems within Avalon city.

“Queen Kathrine the Grand Master and Grand Marshall await your pleasure.” The court herald told Kathrine as she took her seat on the throne.

“They can continue to wait.” Kathrine snarled as looked around the throne room at the nine petitioners who had come forward to become the next City Council. “You nine have been chosen from your individual casts by your peers. You shall form the City’s new Council. Never again will the Gray Wolf Order, or the Order of the Bear shall hold sway over this city. Nor will the Gentry be the soul voice on the Council. To this end two knights, two mages, two Gentry, and three commoners shall comprise the Council.”

“My Queen this goes against tradition. Never before has a commoner sat on the Council. They hold no real significance in our society.” One of the Gentry said as he glared at the town blacksmith. “They lack the proper mental facilities to understand what truly goes into proper governance.”

“I believe otherwise Lord Haversham. To discredit a person’s intellect simply because they were not schooled beyond the need to write their name. Is to belittle that individuals worth. Something that I find both intolerable and personally insulating. Never do so in my presence or where I may find out about it again. That is your only warning. Next it’ll be your head on the block.” Kathrine snarled. Then before she could continue a blue-white orb appeared in the center of the throne room.

It quickly grew to fill the space above everyone’s head. The center of the orb cleared to show a cavern. In the center of the cavern was her daughter. Kathrine knew that the leathers Morgan was dressed in weren’t the wyvern leathers she had left in. Then there was the black cap made from dire spider silk that fell from her shoulders. It took her a few seconds to realize what she was witnessing. She didn’t waste any time and called out to the guards. “Find my husband and Lord Grant. NOW!”

“We were already on our way here. What’s going Kathrine?” David said as he and Dale entered the room. Only to stop in their tracks as Kathrine pointed towards the orb that showed the scene in the cavern.

They all watch as Lisa looked up at pixie flouting over Morgan’s head. Then said two simple words. “It’s time.”

There was a flash and the pixie transformed. In her place was a six foot tall Aos Sídhe woman with green skin and pink hair. She reached over and picked up a black tiara with a red dragon’s eye gem in the center. The Aos Sídhe turned to face Morgan. As she slowly lower the bejeweled circlet to Morgan’s head the Aos Sídhe woman began to glow with regal power.

“By the High Lords of Balance. I give you Queen Morgan Pendragon, the White Wolf of Melniboné, the first of her line.” With those words the Aos Sídhe woman set the Queen’s tiara on Morgan’s head at that point the orb vanished.

“BLOODY HELL! THE DRAGIONKIN’S QUEEN HAS RETURNED!” One of the two knights shouted. “We must mount a response to this threat your Majesty. We cannot allow any of their demon kind to soil Holy Avalon.”

“Do you really think that my daughter is a demon?” David snarled as he drew his sword. “I would choose your next words very carefully Dame Gertrude.”

“It does not matter what I believe Sir David. If we saw this, surely all of Avalon has seen it. In a matter of minutes Dame Eleanor and Master Grahone will be demanding action. Even if Queen Kathrine decrees otherwise they will send minions to kill the Dragonkin Queen. They will not care if she is your daughter.” The blacksmith told him honestly as he glared at the two knights and mages. “The Gray Wolf knights and Order of the Bear mages have spent centuries training for the day that the demons of the Dragonkin return.”

“Is this true Dame Jewel?” Kathrine demanded.

“It is my Queen. Both masters will not allow the return of the Melnibonéan Queen and her people. To them your Daughter will be the perfect reason they have been looking for to wage war on the north.” Dame Jewel answered honestly.

“I have a feeling that it would be a mistake to attack the northern kingdoms.” Kathrine snarled then chuckled. “Especially attacking my daughter’s kingdom. If I remember correctly the Dreaming City of Imrryr is protected by more than just mortals, but their ancestral kin as well.”

“Please your Majesty, you cannot seriously believe the ramblings of drunken fools and bards.” Dame Gertrude grunted. “Leave matters of military might to those who known how to wage a war your Majesty.”

“If I were you Dame Gertrude. I would correct your attitude. My wife knowns and understands the military mind far better than you shall ever comprehend.” David warned the knight with a nasty smile. “She has studied several Masters for the Art of War. To include the Chinese military general, strategist, philosopher, and writer Sun Tzu.”

“As for my daughter Dame Gertrude. She is just as much a student of the Art of War as I. If not more so.” Kathrine chuckled. “To be blunt Morgan Pendragon is the sum of mine and her father’s teachings. She’s the last person this or any kingdom should wish to anger.”

“Why is that your Majesty? Surely she wouldn’t wage war on her own parents.” Dame Jewels asked in confusion.

“Dame Jewels let me explain a few things about my daughter.” David told her seriously. “Morgan’s anger has no limits. She’ll wage war in ways you have never seen. She has always been very much a descendant of the Melnibonéan race in spirit. Now she has the body to match that spirit.”

“Your Majesty, you should know that Dame Eleanor has sent Dame Atheena and fifteen of her Hunters north. No one knows their exact orders, but we do know they’re only to bring home your daughter.” Dame Gertrude told Kathrine with a slight bow only to get elbowed by Jewels. Gertrude glared at Jewels in return to the elbowing. “I will not report rumors.”

“Fine then I will.” Jewels snarled. “Your Majesty some of our fellow knights overheard Dame Eleanor ordering Dame Atheena to kill everyone in Queen Morgan’s party and bring her head back on a pike.”

“Ah shit. Kathy, we know how this is going to end. That promise of hers to you won’t be worth shit now. They’re intentionally going after her.” Dale groaned. “Lee, Mike, and Tony won’t be able to hold her back. She’ll go on a rampage the likes of which this island has never seen. Nothing will quinch her rage short of bloodshed.”

“Do you really believe that David?” Kathrine asked. “I know that junior had a terrible temper before the change, but Morgan is different. She’s far more levelheaded and even keeled than David junior ever was.”

“Kathrine you may have given birth to David Pendragon junior.” Dale told her as he looked to where the orb had hung in the air. “But Morgan Pendragon is Queen of the Melnibonéan race. She’ll have to retaliate. If only to in force her will on her new people.”

“Dale’s right Kathrine. The Melnibonéans will see Dame Atheena and her damned Hunters’ intrusion as an act of war.” David told her bluntly.

“Damnation!” Kathrine snarled as she thought about how her daughter would react. She knew that Morgan had access to two possibly three of the finest young minds from Avalon University. Two of those minds were also militarily trained. “OH shit. Mike and Tony will be sure to advise her in how to use her military forces to greatest effect.”

“What we need to know is the types of military forces Morgan will have access to?” Dale pointed then grumbled. “Damn I wish that Lee was here now. He could tell us exactly what type military forces the Melnibonéans possessed.”

“According to legend Lord Dale the Melnibonéans had the normal Calvary, and Infantry for their army. Their navy was without equal. Their great golden battle barges with their marines controlled the high seas. Though the true threat was their dragons. They could sink a ship, burn down an army, level a city, with their fiery breath. While their riders hurled bolts of magical lightning down upon the heads of their enemies.” Dame Jewels told them.

“Oh shit. Morgan has access to an army, air force, navy, and marines. Along with two people who know how to use such a military.” Kathrine gasped.

“Count again Kathrine. Lee and Lisa have also studied modern warfare. The possibility of having to face a combined arms military is a real threat.” Dale told her thoughtfully. “Between Mike, Lee, Lisa, and Tony there is no telling how Morgan will come at us.”

“Ah shit. How bad is it going to get?” David asked him.

“Let’s just say that our best option is Dame Eleanor’s head on a pike over the front gate. From the little I know of the Melnibonéan legends. They are a very violent people when it comes to revenge. Make no mistake Queen Kathrine if your daughter leds her people in war. It will be a war of revenge.” Dale told the two parents honestly.

Ruby Throne Room, Central Tower, Imrryr.

The sun had barely risen over the outer curtain wall of Imrryr as Morgan and her friends stepped onto the ground floor of the central tower. They were greeted by thousands of voices raised in victory at the sight of their new Queen. She hadn’t gone twenty paces before five Melnibonéan knights knelt before her. If she hadn’t raised her hand to stop Lee. She was sure that there would have been bloodshed.

“Your Majesty I am Dyvin Yar Dragon Master. I pledge one-hundred-twenty-five Dragon riders to your service.” The fist knight exclaimed.

“Your Majesty I am Yyrkoon Slom Commander of the Navy. I pledge five-hundred Marines and ten golden battle barges.” The admiral of Melnibonéan Navy swore.

“Your Majesty I am Princess Cymorila leader of our Rangers. I pledge two-hundred-fifty of the finest Rangers in all of the Realms.” The Dragon Princess swore as looked up at Morgan. “The others may doubt your place on the Ruby throne. I do not. You have Elric’s eyes, Majesty.”

“She has more than his eyes Cymorila. She is Elric returned to us.” The Knight said correcting her. “Your Majesty I am Dyvan Shar, Commander of our Army. I pledge five-hundred Calvary and one-thousand-five-hundred foot.”

“Rise my loyal Commanders. You need never kneel before me.” Morgan commanded the four commanders of her military forces.

“Our Queen does not suffer sycophants. True honest words is all that she’ll ask. Betray her with honey sweet lies and you’ll lose more than your lying tongue. You’ll lose your life, and your soul will feed that cursed blade on Her hip.” Lee warned the four of them.

“She is our Queen, but you hold no authority here low born.” Another Knight snarled as he walked up the five. “I served under Elric. I would test your metal dog not born of Melniboné.”

“I too would test their metal. None can stand before the Royal Marines.” A Noble dressed in the uniform of the Melnibonéan Marines challenged.

“Who else would challenge my retainers’ right to stand by my side?” Morgan snarled as she slowly drew Stormbringer.

“Please stay thy blade my Queen. They have a legitimate right to challenge us.” Lisa said as she stepped in front of Morgan.

“Lady Lisa is right my Queen.” Mike snarled as he looked over at the knight who had issued the challenge. “The GRUNT is mine.”

“Fine by me. I’ve always loved pounding the piss out of Jarheads.” Tony snarled as he popped his knuckles glaring at the marine.

“Seeing as how I’m the youngest. I’ll handle the wingnut.” Lee grinned as he popped his knuckles. “From the looks of things it won’t take long.”

“I’ve got no problems in dealing with the sluts.” Lisa chuckled as she spun her spear in her hands. “Well don’t stand there. Bring it on bitch.”

“There will be no bloodshed within these walls!” Morgan shouted them down. When the gathered knights, marines, dragon riders, and rangers looked to Morgan she smiled. “Bare hands only. As you have challenged my retainers. You have also challenged my worth to lead you in combat as your Queen.

“As you command, your Majesty.” Lee said for her friends. The only one to not answer was Lisa. Lee whispered in a voice just load enough for her to hear. “Don’t worry Lisa. I got a feeling that Morgan is going to lend a hand. Don’t ask me how. I just know that she can.”

Lisa looked over at Morgan and saw the nasty grin. With a shrug of her shoulders Lisa jabbed the spike of her spear into the marble flooring. Lee, Mike, and Tony unbuckled their swords then hung them from the cross bar of her spear. As her four friends disarmed themselves the four members of her military did the same. When the eight combatants faced off against each other Morgan took a deep breath.

“BEGAN!” She shouted then began to sing. As the magic flowed through her Morgan took on an unearthly glow of power. All those who were present could feel her power as it flowed through her and into her four friends. The song may have been unknown to them, but they could tell that it infused her retainers with marshal power and courage.

“Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting
Those kids were fast as lightning
In fact, it was a little bit frightening
But they fought with expert timing
There were funky China men from funky Chinatown
They were chopping them up
They were chopping them down
It's an ancient Chinese art
And everybody knew their part
From a feinting, to a slip
And a kickin' from the hip
Everybody was Kung Fu fighting
Those kids were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening
But they fought with expert timing
There was funky Billie Chin and little Sammy Chong
He said, here comes the big boss, let's get it on
We took the bow and made a stand
Started swaying with the hand
A sudden motion made me skip
Now we're into a brand new trip
Everybody was Kung Fu fighting
Those kids were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening
But they did it with expert timing
Everybody was Kung Fu fighting
Those kids were fast as lightning
In fact, it was a little bit frightening
Make sure you have expert timing
Kung Fu fighting, had to be fast as lightning”

With the first notes of the song each of her friends was surrounded by a glow. As the glow intensified it took on the shape of an animal over each. For Mike it was the powerful panda. Over Tony a roaring tiger. The cunning monkey graced Lee. Yet it was the graceful eagle that descended over Lisa. As the glowing animals took hold of their individual hosts their fighting styles changed. In the flash of an eye, they were on their opponents. The four Melnibonéans last for all of ten seconds.

Lisa looked down at her unconscious foe and snorted. “Pathetic. Is this the best that the Rangers can offer?”

“Don’t feel like the lone stranger here Lisa. This smuck went down like the Hindenburg.” Lee snorted as he looked over at the dragon rider in disgust.

“I’ve seen Coasties put up better fights than this shit head.” Tony sighed.

“Tell me about. I’ve had gun bunnies give me a tougher time.” Mike snorted then looked over at the gather knights. “Anyone else want to dance?”

“There will be no more challenges. Unless they wish to challenge me.” Morgan snarled as she drew Stormbringer. “Only mine will be to the death.”

“The throne rightfully belongs to me.” A knight in the armor of a dragon prince snarled as he pushed his way through the gathering. “No half breed bitch of a mongrel bastard should grace the Ruby Throne of Imrryr.”

Morgan didn’t even think twice. To the shock of the gathered Melnibonéans Morgan threw the transformed Stormbringer across the room. The now elegantly slime almost rapier thin blade flew with a like spear precision. The sword’s point struck the knight dead center of his chest. It did not stop until the cross guard lay solidly against the knight’s chest plate. The knight died soundlessly as Stormbringer devoured his soul in seconds. When the knight dropped to his knees Morgan walked up to the dead man and smiled coldly. Grasping Stormbringer’s hilt she placed her high heeled boot contemptuously against the man’s chest and yanked the blade free.

“Burn in hell you worthless shit head.” She snarled and looked around at the gathered Melnibonéans projecting her voice so that all would hear her. Morgan channeled her inner O-Ren Ishii from Kill Bill volume one. “Let me be perfectly clear on this matter. The price you pay for bringing up my less than conventional heritage as a negative is simple. I collect your fucking soul. Just like this mother fucker here. Now, if any of you sorry sons of bitches got anything else to say, now’s the fucking time!”

When no one stepped forward or said anything Morgan sheathed Stormbringer as she walked towards the Ruby Throne. As she mounted the steps Stormbringer’s cross guard made an audible snap as it slide home. With a regal air that she barely felt Morgan swept her cape behind her as she took her seat on the throne. As one the gathered Melnibonéans knelt before her. To drive the point home that they stood above the rest Lisa, Lee, Mike, and Tony each stood on one of the steps below her.

With Lisa standing on the last step before the throne there was one last act of transformation magic. A small one but it drew the attention of every Melnibonéan. Lisa shoved the magic that Morgan had bestowed on during the fight her into the staff. Her magic might not have been as grand as Morgan’s, but it was just as impressive. The plain oaken staff shimmered then turned into a blood red metal. The Gia stone blade first flatten out then lengthened to twice it’s original size. The blade glinted as its edge glowed becoming shaper than a razor. The natural cross guard that was formed from two branches grew outward by six inches before turning towards the spear point and growing another eight inches. The Gia stone spike on the end twisted into a prefect spike. As the magic finally dissipated Lisa was left holding a Boar Spear. Morgan couldn’t help the smile at this little bit of accidental magic.

“Lady Lisa there is no need to assert your power with flashy shows of magic. I believe that our Rangers had been properly schooled.” Morgan chuckled as Lisa blushed at her admonishment.

“Forgive me my Queen. I merely wished to give a small demonstration.” Lisa told Morgan with a slight bow. “Just to discourage some of the sneakier Rangers. We are after all a mischievous lot.”

“You do have a point.” Morgan chuckled as she scanned her gathered Rangers. “Princess Cymorila I need information. Send your Rangers to scout our enemies I would know their movements. Lord Dyvan Shar I want constant patrols of our lands. Let no one enter unchallenged. Admiral Yyrkoon Slom prep two of our golden barges for immediate voyage. From this point on I want at least two sailing our waters at all times. Dragon Master Dyvin Yar is it possible for a small portion of our dragons to overfly our lands as an early warning?”

“It can be done, my Queen. As it is we have more dragons than knights.” Dyvin Yar told her honestly.

“How many more?” Morgan asked.

“Twenty adult dragons for every one knight, your Majesty. Add in the young adults and adolescent the number of dragons triples.” He answered with a slight chuckle. “Our ancient brethren have been fruitful during our slumber.”

“How many are Wyrms?” Lee asked the Dragon Master.

“Four can be called Great Wyrms. Another twelve are Wyrms. The rest range from adult to ancient, good sir. Thankfully they still slumber. Wyrms tend to be rather prickly in their old age.” The Dragon Master answered then chuckled as h thought about those great beasts. “Especially when they’re wakened suddenly from a deep slumber.”

“I take it that our ancestors aren’t morning persons?” Morgan asked with a snark then giggled. “Wonder how they would do on coffee?”

“ARE YOU NUTS?!” All four of her friends yelled at the same time as Morgan laugh at the thought of dragons going through caffeine withdraw. Much to the shocked amassment of the naturally born Melnibonéans.

“Chill guys. I might have a few loose screws, but not even I’m crazy enough to give coffee to a flying tank.” Morgan chuckled. Much to the relief of her friends. At the blank look from her Dragon Master Morgan explained their relief. “It is a drink from our home Sir. The people of our world use it to waken their senses and stay awake for great lengths of time. There is one problem with the drink. It is highly addictive, and people become rather cranky without it. We have a say. Hand over the coffee and no one gets hurt.”

“If it can make grown Melnibonéans grumpy. I dare not give it to dragons. They’re a ticklish lot at the best of times.” Dyvin Yar grunted then chuckled himself. “Though if it was strong enough it might keep the Wyrms awake to be useful for more than one or two days.”

“Dragon Master Dyvin, it would be must unwise to allow your dragons coffee.” Lee told the man with a shiver. “If they’re ticklish at the best of times. Then addicting them to coffee would be irresponsible in the extreme.”

“Thank you for your advice young knight.” Dyvin said with a bow then asked. “Might I know your name?”

“Lee Grant sir, and I’m no knight. Like my friends I’m just a humble scholar in search of the answers to all of life’s many questions.” Lee told him.

“If you and your friends are scholars. Then I would not want to face a knight of your realm. They must be fearsome warriors.” Lord Dyvan Shar grunted.

“Lee never said that we weren’t veterans of the military or untrained in the martial arts Lord Dyvan. Myself and Sir Anthony are two of our world’s highest trained warriors. Lady Lisa Small Dove is without a doubt one of the finest Warrior Maidens of her people. Young Lee has yet to be knighted but has more than earned his spurs.” Mike explained with a nasty grin. “As for our Queen she is a warrior and mage in her own right.”

A commotion near the doors of the throne ended any further discussion. As the gathered Nobles turned to the door a warning bell tolled echoed across the city. a single thought ran through Morgan’s head.

“Princess Cymorila send your Rangers to find out what that racket is all about!” Morgan ordered the Dragon Princess.

“I do not need to send our Rangers, your Majesty. That is the warning bell for our outer territorial limit. We have visitors.” Princess Cymorila snarled as she turned to her gather Rangers. “You know what to do. Go carry out your duty to Queen and country.”

“Capture some of them alive Princess Cymorila. I would know the face of our foe.” Morgan snarled. “I have questions they have answers.”

“As you command, Majesty.” Cymorila answered with a bow. Then turned to her Rangers and with a looked gathered them to her as she exited the throne room.

Morgan looked over at Mike and Tony. “Hey guys. How would the army address something like this in our world?”

“We’d HILO drop in a Special Forces A-team with a Quick Reaction Force as backup. The QRF is usually dropped in by helo. Then reinforced by high speed Armor units. At least that is how the Army would handle the problem.” Mike told her then looked over at Tony. “How about the Navy?”

“Well, normally we’d drop a SEAL team and a platoon of Marines in by helo. With a Viking and two Hornets in orbit to provide ground attack support. If it was a hot extract we’d have two companies of Marines in LAVs to backup them up on the beach.” Tony told him as he thought about the scenario.

“Excuse me young man. But what is this SEAL team that you speak of?” Yyrkoon Slom asked Tony with real curiosity.

“SEAL teams are made of highly trained Marines and Sailors who specialize in unconventional warfare tactics.” Tony answered with a slight smile. “Most SEAL teams are a mixed bag of rogues and outlaws. We’re not known for fighting far. We have a habit of fighting dirty and ignoring honorable combat.”

“Special Forces are the same way in a fight. We’re highly trained soldiers. We have absolutely no problems with getting nasty in a fight. If you ask one of us for a fair you’ll get your ass handed to you on a silver platter.” Mike told the Admiral with a nasty grin.

“I disagree gentlemen. You both faced your opponent’s honorably. Then bested them with greater skill.” Yyrkoon Slom chuckled. “I wonder if this way of waging war can be used by our people?”

“I believe that it can be Admiral. We have the needed forces. We just need to train them in our style of warfare.” Morgan told the man with a grin.

“I know that the Rangers can handle the SpecOps team operations. They may be made of up only women, but they’re already trained as deep and long range Scouts.” Lisa chuckled as she tapped the side of her head. “I should know.”

“How much of a download did you get slammed with Lisa?” Morgan asked.

“Let’s just say that I now have the answers to eighty-five percent of the question that drove me to become an Archaeologist.” Lisa answered with a smile. “I just wish that we could return home. I’d be able to prove not only my theory but one of my peoples’ oldest legends.”

“Have really finally found the proof of your legendary city, Lisa?” Tony asked her with a friendly chuckle as she nodded. “Welcome to the club.”

“Though I doubt it’s the one you think. According to the Shoshone legends Imrryr would fit all of the facts.” Lisa told him then blushed. “But there are a few discrepancies. The biggest of which is this tower.”

“Chill guys. You can all go digging for clues to your individual projects later. Right now, we got to deal with uninvited guests.” Morgan called her friends back to the problem at hand.

“Excuse Majesty. I doubt that our uninvited guests will pose much of a problem for Princess Cymorila and her Rangers.” The Dragon Master chuckled. “The problem will lay in her holding them back. I has been serval millennium sense they were fast allowed to operate unrestrained.”

“True they should reach the far southern edge of our borders in about two hours.” Dyvan Shar snorted. “How those ladies can travel faster on foot than my Calvary can on horseback is beyond me.”

“It’s in the magic and training of their profession sir.” Lisa told him with a knowing smile. Then taped the side of her head. “All Rangers are gifted with the magic of the Druids. Long Strider is a simple cantrip that allows for freedom of movement through heavily wooded or open field areas.”

“So, the legends are true. The Goddess Arnara has shown her favor upon our Rangers. They maybe Maidens but even my Knights and Men-at-arms fear them.” Dyvan Shore grinned as he realized what this foreign Ranger just explained. “After all this time I finally have one of their secrets.”

“Wait until I get a chance to train them.” Mike chuckled evilly. “They’ll become some truly sneaky rotten bitches.”

Melnibonéan southern border.

Dame Atheena lead her band of Hunters through the heavily forested area on the southern border of Melniboné. It hadn’t taken them long to reach this point. She had expected to become lost once they had crossed into the Mist. Only that never happened. For the last four days she and her Hunters had traveled unmolested through the mountains and forest of the northern half of the island. Even when they passed near the southern boundaries of Angelward, and Frosthorn they traveled freely. She had expected to be attacked by at least one band of Aos Sídhe knights.

“Dame Atheena at our current pace we’ll reach the north shore in about six hours. The sun will be directly over the forbidden city.” Her second in command told her quietly.

“I know that Dame Elsa. We’ll spend the rest of the day scouting for an entrance from the shoreline. We’ll not try our luck with the mountain pass.” Atheena told her honestly. “I have courage aplenty, but I have no desire to try my luck with the Guardians of that unholy city.”

“Surely they would be dead by now.” Elsa snorted.

“The Dragonkin were masters of foul and dark magics, Dame Elsa. I have a feeling that there are more magical guardians than those spoken of in the legends. I wouldn’t put it pass those hell spawn sluts to have enslaved their own demon kin as traps.” Atheena spat.

“Even after all this.” Elsa’s retort was cut short by the clothyard shaft that punched through the center of her breastplate. Piercing her heart. Ending her life before she ever fell from her saddle.

“To arms!” Atheena screamed as she drew her sword. Not that it did any good as more arrows killed or wounded her hunters. When the last arrow terminated its flight only Atheena remained in her horse. Of the fifteen Hunters she had brought with her none had gone unscathed. Counting her only six members of her party were still alive.

“Drop the sword and shield then dismount false knight.” A voice commanded from somewhere in the trees. When Atheena didn’t drop her sword right away an arrow pierced her right shoulder. She dropped her sword screaming in pain. “The next arrow ends your worthless life whore. Now dismount.”

This time Atheena followed the orders of the voice. Once she was dismounted twenty green, brown, and black, leather clothed figures carrying bows of an unknown origin emerged from the surrounding woods. It took Atheena a few moments to realized that she was facing a group of women. Between their sex and the way, the women were dressed. Atheena knew them to be Rangers.

“At least I was bested by women and not some worthless men.” Atheena snorted.

“Be thankful you did not face our knights human. They wouldn’t have bothered with taking prisoners.” Their leader snorted as she took hold of the bridle for Atheena’s horse. “This’ll make a fine work horse for a worthy farmer.”

“You wouldn’t dare!” Atheena screeched as her eyes bugged out of her at hearing the fate of her horse.

“You won’t be needing a horse after today whore. Nor will you have need of that fancy armor.” Another of the Rangers chuckled. “Slaves are lucky to have clothing in our kingdom. Once you’ve been properly broken and trained. You’ll make a fine addition to our Queen’s personal servants.”

“I am Knight of the Gray Wolf Order. You will address me as Dame.” Atheena snarled only to get slapped by the Ranger.

“A word of advice slave. If you want to keep that lying tongue of yours. Speak only when spoken to and let only truth pass between your lips. Our slave masters take a deem view when it comes to slaves lying.” The Ranger snarled then slapped Atheena again when she glared at the woman. “I suggest that you lose that arrogant attitude slave.”

“I will never break dragonkin slut. Nor shall my Hunters. Do what you will to us. We shall never bend a knee to the likes of you demons whores.” Atheena snarled back as she licked the blood from her bleeding lip.

“Princess Cymorila the Queen only said that they needed to be alive. She said nothing about them being clothed.” One of the Rangers snarled as she pulled a knife from her belt. “Or in one piece.”

“You would violate the accords of honorable warfare?” Atheena gasped in surprise as the Ranger approached her.

“You talk about of honorable warfare while violating our borders without cause. If you haven’t figured it out yet. This is an act of war.” Princess Cymorila snarled then spat in Atheena’s face. “Strip these bitches. Let them enter Imrryr as the slaves they shall become. Not as honorable foes.”

Within minutes the six surviving members of the Hunters stood naked and barefoot in a line before their captors. The Rangers had taken the time to dress the wounds of their captives before securing them for transit. Each woman had their hands bound in front of them with thick leather cords. Thick leather collars were locked around their necks and connected to the collar of the girl in front of her. The final indignity forced upon the naked women were the leather gags stuffed into their gapping mouths.

“Yuri, Avil, Unnomi, take these slaves directly to the torturers. Make sure they know that I have claimed these slaves as bounty. They are to be broken not killed.” Princess Cymorila snickered as she patted Atheena on her ass. Then out of spite smacked the naked woman on the ass. “You will make an excellent addition to my body pleasure slaves.”

“Did our slaves actually come forward with us Princess?” One of the Rangers asked her as she pinched the nipple of a Hunter.

“Most of them. The elderly and infirmed were left behind. I know that the golden barge and household slaves were all brought forward.” Princess Cymorila answered honestly as she ran her hand between Atheena’s legs. With a lecherous smile she whispered into Atheena’s ear. “I’m going to enjoy have you on your knees between my thighs. I’ll make good use of your waging tongue, slave. Though I won’t have much use for your voice. I think that’ll be the first thing to go.”

“How much do you think we’ll get for them after they’ve been broken?” One of the other Rangers asked as the captives were lead away.

“At least fifteen to twenty riels apiece depending on condition at the time of auction. Though there are two or three that might not live long enough to be auctioned off.” One Ranger told her.

“They’ll live long enough for the torturers to get information from them.” Princess Cymorila almost snarled then chuckled. “Master Excidor is one of our finest torturers. He’ll keep them alive at least that long.”

“Hopefully long enough to tell us why they have come this far north. Humans used to stay south of the Bone Mist Mountains.” One Ranger said in confusion.

“It has been several millennium sense we last walked amongst the races of this world, Cailia. We have most likely faded into legend.” Cymorila told her honestly. “Their fear has also faded over such a long time.”

“Then we need to remind the humans of this world why we were to be feared.” Cailia snarled looking towards the south. “In the most bloody of ways.”

“We’ll need to deal with the Aos Sídhe first Cailia. They are after all the greater threat to our kingdom. Their magic might not be equal to our own, but they cannot be ignored.” Cymorila pointed out to her fellow Ranger. She then pointed towards the south. “If the humans wish to try our might. Then they will pay the price for their stupidity.”

“Do you really believe that the humans will try us?” Cailia asked.

“Before Arioch took us to the Chambers of Sleep humans would try our defenses. Each attempt was met with failure. This would be another such attempt.” Princess Cymorila told her Ranger. “It is our duty to capture enemy scouts. Then alert either army or the navy of intruders.”

“We should be destroying our enemies before they can attack us.” Cailia snarled. “Not waiting for them to attack, Princess.”

“We do not yet know the lay of the land Cailia. Until we know all that we can about our enemies. Only then should we attack. Our new Queen has seen the way of things in this time and world. We need to trust her.” Cymorila told her friend kindly. “I have a feeling that she has only begun to us her power. She will be one of our greatest and most powerful Queens.”

“Do you really believe that Princess?” Another Ranger asked her.

“I do. You might not have seen it, but that spell of Empowerment Queen Morgan used in the throne room was nothing more than a cantrip to her.” Cymorila told her remaining Rangers. “I felt her power the moment she entered the throne room. “Prince Elavdor was a fool to challenge her directly. Even if she had not used Stormbringer. Queen Morgan would have ended his life in seconds. Only King Elric could match her arcane power.”

“I thought that Queen Morgan was drawing on the power of Stormbringer.” Cailia said in confusion. “Is she truly as powerful as the first Emperors?”

“I fear that even they pale in comparison to our new Queen.” Cymorila told her with a shiver of her shoulders. “Her power could actually equal those of the Chaos Lords themselves.”

-----tbc-----

Sorry for the delay. I was busy with my 4H kids this pass weekend. They place 1st in all their events for both boys and girls.

up
256 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Congratulations on the 4H kids!

D. Eden's picture

And thank you for another chapter of this story! I am more than a little curious about the last prophecy, “When red and green turn yellow. The children of the dragonkin shall mend broken friendships and the downfall of two kingdoms. On the day that the sky turns to ice, a terrible act of cruelty shall usher forth an era of love and an age of abundance.”

Just what is this act of terrible cruelty?

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

I refer you to The Prince

wolfjess7's picture

To answer your question I refer you to the 16th century political theorist Niccolò Machiavelli who wrote the famous book the Prince. In the book Machiavelli refers to how a ruler should use cruelty to insure order. He makes the comment that in war a ruler need not worry about his reputation for being cruel. That when a ruler uses cruelty in war that it should be both swift and terrible to bring about a swift end to that war.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

It looks like Morgan and her friends

Julia Miller's picture

have established themselves as the new rulers of Melnibone. Quite the display of power as well. I think it's most important for Morgan and Morgana to establish some sort of communication with each other. We don't want anything stupid to happen, even though the queens are going to try to stir up a mess.

Insert evil chuckle #4

wolfjess7's picture

The author asserts her rights to keep her readers in the dark until all is reveled by the light of day.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Kung Fu fighting?

giggles. I was hoping for Ballroom Blitz !

DogSig.png

Wardrobe Appropriate

How about "Tall Cool Woman In A Black Dress"?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I changed my mind

wolfjess7's picture

I originally did go with Ballroom Blitz but changed my mind thanks to my daughter Karin. She was watching one of her favorite movies Kung Fu Panda. At the end of the movie she went looking for AMVs on Youtube for Kung Fu Panda. She found one that was set to Kung Fu Fighting.

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Heads

I wonder who will get Dame Eleanor’s head first and if Master Grahome has done something equally as stupid

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna