Inside The Mind Of An Alleged Abuser

Printer-friendly version

Cameron could not wait to see Gerald again. Since Cameron had been away at college for almost a year, the two of them had not been able to see one another. But now that it was June and Cameron was home, he could go and see Gerald again.

Cameron reached Gerald's house, knocked on the front door, and was greeted almost at once by his old friend. "Hey Cameron!" Gerald said, giving him a fist bump.

"Wassup?" said Cameron.

"Come on in," said Gerald. "I've got some kettlecorn ready for us."

"What-you made kettlecorn?"

"Yeah. I figured you'd like something to munch on while we talked."

"Thanks, man."

Cameron and Gerald chowed down on the kettlecorn as they talked about school, work, families, and just life in general. But when they'd finished the bowl of kettlecorn, they reached a pause in their conversation. "So did you hear about the trial's verdict?" Cameron asked.

"What?"

"Have you been following the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial going on for the last month and a half?"

"Yes, actually," said Gerald. "It was kind of hard not to."

"I know," Cameron agreed, "But Johnny Depp won!"

"Yes, unfortunately," said Gerald.

Cameron's smile faded. "What?"

Gerald looked at Cameron like he was stupid. "Don't you know what this means for domestic abuse victims?" he said.

"Yeah. It's a huge victory."

"No, it isn't. It means that if you come forward with your story of being abused, you'll just get sued for defamation."

Cameron shook his head. He'd totally forgotten that Gerald was pro-Amber Heard. "Dude, Johnny Depp was not the abuser," he said. "It was Amber Heard."

"No she wasn't. Haven't you seen the evidence?"

"Yeah. The evidence that she was the abuser."

Gerald sighed. "Cameron, her story lines right up with the normal case of domestic abuse," he said. "He started abusing her, she tried to help him, he'd say he was sorry, then start hitting her again-"

"No, she hit him. There's audio recordings of her admitting to it."

"Oh," Gerald said with sarcasm, "So that's why she filed a restraining order on him when they got divorced."

"That was probably just misdirection," said Cameron, though he really wasn't sure about that particular aspect of the controversy.

"And I guess it's also misdirection that the British court ruled that almost all of Amber Heard's allegations about Johnny Depp were true?"

"That case was rigged. Johnny Depp wasn't allowed to bring in the evidence that he needed to prove his innocence, so-"

"This isn't even the first time there have been allegations against Johnny Depp."

"Key word being 'allegations.' And besides, Amber Heard has a history of being abusive with her exes while Johnny Depp's exes have said he was never violent towards them."

"They also said he had jealousy issues. Plus, there's those texts with Paul Bettany..."

Cameron shook his head. There was no way of making Gerald agree with him. "Okay, I'll admit there's a lot of conflicting evidence," he said, "And I doubt whether we'll ever know what REALLY happened-like a whole cohesive story."

"Actually," Gerald said as an idea occurred to him, "There might be a way."

"Oh, really?"

"I met a guy who's secretly a wizard," said Gerald, "And he sells potions at his pawn shop."

"And how will those help us?"

"There's one type of potion that turns you into another person and gives you all of their memories."

"Is it permanent?"

"No, it only lasts a little while. But it could be all we need."

"So are you saying we should take some of that potion and turn into either Johnny Depp or Amber Heard so we can see their memories and find out who's really lying?"

"Yep."

Cameron smiled. This could be his chance to finally get the evidence he needed to confirm that his favorite actor was innocent. "You got me," he said.

***

Cameron and Gerald both went to the pawn shop and bought a whole pint of the special potion. "Now, the one thing you'll need is something that contains the DNA of the person you want to transform into-a piece of skin, a hair, anything," the pawn shop owner who was really a wizard said.

"So this is a real-life Polyjuice Potion," said Cameron.

"Indeed it is," said the wizard.

Before Cameron could say anything, Gerald said "Don't worry. I've got us covered."

"Right..."

But it turned out Gerald was telling the truth. When they got back to his house, he produced a hair that he'd plucked from a shirt he'd worn to an Amber Heard meet-and-greet. "You're sure that's her hair?"

"Positive." Gerald dropped their hair into the flask with the potion. The potion bubbled and frothed until it had turned a sickly shade of green.

"So this is it," said Cameron. He watched as his friend poured the potion into two separate cups. Once the cups were filled, the two young men took them and clinked them together. "Cheers."

Cameron and Gerald both drank the potion and felt its effects immediately. Their hair grew out and turned blonde, their facial features changed to those of Amber Heard's, and their stubble faded to nothing. Their shoulders and waists pinched in to become more feminine, and their chests grew sets of perky breasts. Their asses flared out, their hips widened, and their thighs grew thicker. Both of them doubled over when they felt their insides rearrange, and their groins get sucked in and forming new female genitalia.

When the changes were done, Cameron blinked. "Oh my..." he said in Amber Heard's voice. "We...we're..."

"We're clones of Amber Heard," said Gerald.

"I know." Seeing the image of Amber Heard standing three feet away gave Cameron a strong urge to pummel the bitch, but he reminded himself that it was actually his friend-and besides, he looked like her too. "So the memories..."

He'd barely even formed the words when he felt his mind getting overloaded with new memories. He saw everything that had ever happened to Amber Heard-her early life, her acting career, and her meeting Johnny Depp on the set of The Rum Diary. He witnessed every single beat of their marriage, from beginning to end. It was a surreal experience. He'd heard so many leaked recordings and read so many leaked text messages, but to actually see things from Amber Heard's point of view was different.

After a minute of mulling over these newfound memories, Cameron and Gerald both looked at one another in shock. They'd seen everything they needed to see to figure out the truth. Now they knew who the real abuser in the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard relationship was.

And the loser of their little bet was feeling very sheepish.

up
64 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments