Chasing Dreams

Printer-friendly version

Nick stood outside the building where his last class was held. His Introduction To Performing Arts class had ended ten minutes ago, and this was the time of day he'd been looking forward to the most. Because his crush had a class nearby the building where Introduction To Performing Arts was held, and it wrapped up around the same time Nick's did. So now Nick had the chance to make a move.

After a few minutes of waiting, Nick saw him coming. Quentin Mealy was strolling down the walkway in all his glory, with his wavy red hair, thin stubble, and perfect white teeth. Being homosexual, Nick had been admiring Quentin for a couple months. He'd met Quentin at a party his friend was holding, and he'd been infatuated ever since. When Nick heard Quentin had dumped his girlfriend, he'd grown more excited than ever.

When Quentin got closer, Nick moved in for the kill. "Hey Quentin!" Nick said, waving hello.

"Oh...hi Nick," said Quentin, forcing a smile and waving back.

"How are you doing?" Nick asked.

"I'm fine," Quentin answered. "Just finished my Writing And Research class, and now I've got to get to Biology."

"That's cool," said Nick. "So...would you like to meet up sometime?"

"I can't," said Quentin. "I've got far too much stuff going on."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

Nick wilted in slight disappointment.

Seeing his reaction, Quentin sighed. "Listen, Nick, I've heard you have a crush on me," he said. "I hate to break it to you, but I'm straight. I don't like guys."

"Oh." Even though Nick knew perfectly well that Quentin had had a girlfriend, part of him hoped he was bisexual, or pansexual, or something that would allow him to love another guy. But such was the folly of someone in love, to make excuses to believe in their dreams.

"Sorry, Nick," said Quentin. "I just don't date guys." And with that, he turned and left.

***

Nick wasn't sure where he was headed. Usually, he'd go back to his apartment, but he felt so hurt from his rejection, he found himself just wandering around with no particular destination in mind.

Before he knew it, Nick realized he'd walked under the bleachers at the campus' football stadium. "Wow," he said to himself. "Perfect place to be sad."

"Or the perfect place to find someone you're looking for," said a new voice.

Nick jumped. He hadn't noticed that there was someone else under the bleachers. It was a young woman dressed in white and pink robes, with a hood and mask concealing her face. "What the fuck?" Nick asked.

"Apologies for the fright," said the witch (?). "But I hear you're having some...guy troubles."

"Guy troubles?" Nick asked. "What are you talking about?"

"I've been talking to your roommate Greg," said the witch. "He told me about your crush on Mr. Quentin Mealy, and how your feelings don't seem to be mutual. Am I right?"

"Uh...yes," Nick replied.

"Well, what if I told you I could change things?" the witch asked.

"What-you can make Quentin gay?"

"Unfortunately, no. I cannot change his sexual orientation, but I can use it to my advantage."

"What do you mean?"

"Quentin is only into girls, is he not?" the witch said, waving her hands. Nick felt a tingling sensation as his whole body was enveloped with magic sparkles.

"Gah-what the-what are you doing?" Nick asked. But when he looked down, he saw two lumps of fat growing inside his shirt. "What...are those...boobs?"

"Yes, they are," said the witch. She watched as Nick's torso slimmed down, and his biceps lost their tone. "Your crush is only into girls. So the best way to get him to date you is to become one."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Nick protested. He ignored the feeling of his legs changing to those of a woman's, and his hips widening. "That's not what I want at all!"

"Oh, don't try to deny it," the witch scoffed. "Greg told me what you told him. He said that you've secretly wanted to be a woman for years."

"That's not what I said," said Nick. "I said I sometimes felt curious as to what it's like being a woman!"

"Well, now you'll get your answers...and a big butt to go with them."

Nick looked down and saw that his butt had gotten much bigger. "Whoa," he said. "That's...a pretty hot butt."

"It is," the witch agreed. "But the mound you have on you kind of ruins the look. Let's fix that up a bit..."

The witch waved her hands, and Nick felt a pressing on his penis and balls. "Oh my," he said, starting to hyperventilate. "Is that my..." He ran his hand over his crotch, but the lump had already disappeared. Nick's penis had been replaced with a vagina. "Oh my gosh!" Nick exclaimed. But she did a double take when she realized her voice was suddenly higher. "What-was that my voice?"

"Yep," said the witch. "And you're not Nick anymore. You're Nicole."

"Nicole?"

"That's right," said the witch. She watched as Nicole's facial features smoothed out, and her lips got bigger, and her eyes grew wider. "Now for your hair, and...done!" The magic sparkles faded away as Nicole's blonde hair grew out past her shoulders.

"Whoa," Nicole said, looking down at her new body. "You just turned me into a hot girl!"

"Yes," said the witch. "If I were a guy, I'd want to have sex with you!"

"So this is the only way to get Quentin?" Nicole asked.

"Yes," said the witch. "And don't worry about your family and friends. As far as they know, there was never a Nick Herdman at this school. Nope, you have always been Nicole."

Nicole's jaw dropped. "Are you kidding? All this, just so I can get a guy I want?"

"Oh, don't worry, I'll be watching you," said the witch. "If it doesn't work out with you and Quentin, I can change you back. That is, unless you feel like being a woman is better for you."

Nicole didn't know what to say. She certainly hadn't asked for this, and if the authorities found out, this witch-whoever she was-would likely end up in prison. But if they didn't even remember Nicole as Nick, then they couldn't arrest the witch. And besides, when Nicole reminded herself of how much she loved Quentin...

"Fine," said Nicole. "But this better work."

"Let's find out," said the witch. She pointed out at the walkway outside the bleachers, where-lo and behold-Quentin was walking by!

Nicole took a deep breath. "Here goes nothing," she said. She left the bleacher area and stepped out onto the walkway, trying to act casually. But it wasn't long before Quentin saw her.

"Hey," said Quentin. "Do I know you?"

Nicole looked at Quentin and felt another rush of affection for him. "I don't know," she said. "Do we have a class together?"

"I'm not sure," said Quentin. "But you're...well..."

"Kind of cute?" Nicole said with a smile. "I get that a lot." She tossed a strand of hair over her shoulder, hoping that would make her look more attractive.

Apparently it did. "Yeah, you are," said Quentin. "Want to go out?"

"Of course!" said Nicole. "When?"

"Maybe...right now?"

"Yes!" said Nicole. "Mexican food? Chinese food?"

"By all means."

Nicole was beside herself with delight. Quentin had asked her out! She was actually getting a chance with the man of her dreams! Yes, she thought. If this was what she got from becoming a woman, then it was worth it.

up
50 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos