All of You ... and Then Some

Printer-friendly version


Copyright 2007 by Heather Rose Brown

This is the continuing story of a young transgendered woman who's fallen in love with someone who demonstrates, through every day actions, what unconditional love really means.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

School Daze

Rachel slid over from behind the wheel to the passenger seat as I climbed out of the car. "You all ready for your first day?"

I grunted as I shifted the heavy backpack onto my shoulders. "I guess. It feels like kindergarten all over again."

"Don't worry. Nothing like that day will happen today. You're a strong, intelligent woman with twenty-four years of experience to draw on."

The college textbooks against my back felt inexplicably lighter. "You're absolutely right."

"Of course I am." Rachel's eyes twinkled mischievously. "Now give Mommy kisses and be a good girl."
=-=-=

Bathroom Beauty

Tears tumbled down my stubbly cheeks, dripping from my chin into the bathroom sink. I glanced at Rachel's reflection as she silently slipped behind me and wrapped her arms around my chest.

"It's going to be okay, love."

I turned away from the mirror to face her. "How can you stand to be around someone so ... ugly."

Rachel blotted at my face with a handful of toilet tissue. "Dearest, dearest love." I was shocked out of my self pity by the fierceness in her eyes. "You're the kindest, gentlest ... and most beautiful woman I've ever known."
=-=-=

Knight Night

The roar of late night traffic nearly drowned out Rachel's whimper when I carefully bent her wrist. I rested her hand in her lap, then scooted closer on the graffiti plastered bench. "Nothing feels broken, but you still should see a doctor."

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Yes Ma'm."

"Why in the world did you hit him?"

"When he started talking about 'your kind' and 'a little bit extra', well. ..."

I tilted her head to face me. "Well what?"

Pride showed through the pain clouding her face. "What's a knight in shining armor supposed to do?"
=-=-=

Good Vibrations

Rachel lifted my hair, lightly kissing the nape of my neck. I snuggled into the warmth of her body against my back. "I'm sorry this is taking so long."

"Relax, love. I can keep this up all night."

I giggled at the lame joke, then gasped when muscles I didn't know were there suddenly loosened and something slipped inside me. My legs turned to jelly as her hips drew closer.

Rachel's fingernails stopped teasing my nipple. "You okay?"

"Yes. It was just ... unexpected ... and wonderful."

She purred in my ear, "You realize, of course, it vibrates too."
=-=-=

A Special Friend

My hands were grimy, but the weeds were gone. Rachel squatted next to me, making sure the umbrella covered her, me, and the grave. "She must have been pretty special."

I wiped my hands on the soggy grass and nodded. "Pugsley never treated me weird or different, no matter how I looked or acted."

"Sometimes, pets can see things people can't."

I stood up. Rachel quickly followed. After a moment of silence, I said, "I think she would have liked you."

Rachel wrapped an arm around my waist. "I would have been honored to meet such a special friend."
=-=-=

up
46 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Still more of you

Some more nice pieces of Rachel and her friend. (What IS her name?) Pieces that come together for a sweet love, so nice!!
(But you still haven't done sex, BTW, but I don't care this is fine, if not better.)

Hug&Joy
Jan

Please more

More of you! This is a very nice collection of sweet moments two people sharing comfort, intimacy and love. Very nice Heather!
Hugs!
grover

Sex and More

I'd like to thank you both, Jan and grover, for your responses to this drabble cycle. I'd also like to thank everyone who voted for this and previous submissions of this series, All of You, as well as those who left comments for my earlier submissions. I'd also like to take a moment to thank everyone who responded to my blog titled: Sex, TG Fiction, and Reader Interest.

After reading what everyone had to say, I did a lot of thinking and rethinking as I've added to the original drabble that started this series. I'm really glad I decided to do that. While it can be scary trying something new, it also has given me a chance to learn and grow as a writer.

There is one thing I do have a question about. Does this cycle really seem to not have any sex in it? While I would agree that most of the drabbles weren't about sex, I kinda thought one of them was kinda ... ummm ... sexual.

Again, thank you, everyone!

{{{warm huggs}}}

Heather Rose Brown :)

PS: I've only named Rachel in this series, since all the drabbles are told from the point of view of the narrator. If it helps at all though, I had picked out a name for her: Rebeccah.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Well, Heather

There is sex and then there is sex, and you have definitely not had the latter. You have had a lot of exchange of love and hints of physical intimacy and, even, passion. But you have not had a sex scene the way the term is usually meant (IMO), and that is fine, even good. I don't usually like those scenes at all, not the soft-core or he hard core. They tend to be stock stuff and to just get in the way. I'd rather see the love in life and the passion in actions, (or know things happened off screen.) Much as you have done already. But, please, don't over-think it. I trust you and what you do, I feel sure, will work the best.

As for the name thing. Yeah, in story told this close to a single character, that might not come up. I hadn't even noticed until I started to write a comment and had to go back and look for it. Rebecah and Rachel, huh,-- no shellfish when they come to dinner until I check. :)

Joy;
Jan

no fear

kristina l s's picture

There was a range of T-shirts a while back, ya gotta take chances to live... not worry about what might have been, sort of fits here too. One line... 'you realise of course, it vibrates too.' no fair Heather I nearly splurted coffee all over the screen laughing. Yes it was unexpected but fun and lovely. As Jan said there is sex and there is sex.... you brush gently up against it and lovingly tease.
Nothing to fear... they're great.

Kristina

BRAVA!!!!!!!

Brava! Heather.

This was my first time ever reading 'drabble'. I loved it. the moments captured are so..... so..... tender, so, beautiful, so intimate. A story told in such a way, snippets of a person's memory as they pass through life....... Beautiful. absolutely beautiful.

Thank you

A.A.

Yeah, she's good at that

Heather Rose has a knack for capturing the simple beauty in a scene. Both in words and in pictures.
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney
Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? Wait, no, that was God. Sorry, common mistake...

My Special Friends

"Sometimes, pets can see things people can't."

This is why.