The Most Extreme Punishment Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Genesis' first gynecologist appointment was on October 20, 2023, a week after Ramona's party. After school, Genesis got in the car with Reginald to drive to the gynecologist's office. On the way, Genesis didn't know what to think. As Gene, he'd had plenty of doctor appointments, and he'd built up a pretty good rapport with his doctor. But now Gene was Genesis, and she was going to a doctor that was especially meant for women. Considering she probably wouldn't be a woman for much longer anyway, something about it just didn't seem right.

Before long, Reginald and Genesis came to the office of Dr. Casey Sikes, PhD. "Don't worry, Genesis," said Reginald. "There's nothing scary or awkward about this. It'll be like when you go to Dr. Philips."

Genesis took a deep breath. "You're right," she said in an attempt to convince herself. "It'll be okay."

Genesis went inside with her father to check in. The facility's nurse directed Genesis to the medical room and told her to wait there. As Genesis sat in the patient's chair, she couldn't help noticing the stirrups on either side of the chair. She had a pretty good idea of what those stirrups were for, and the thought made her uncomfortable. After the whole thing with Wallace Mendoza, she didn't feel at all comfortable letting someone poke around with her private parts. On top of that, since she was seventeen years old, the gynecologist might find it strange that Genesis was only having problems with her period now, and that would lead to tricky questions about her encounter with Mirna. In spite of what Reginald had said, she dreaded the moment when the gynecologist came in to see her.

After a few minutes, the door was opened by a doctor who, much to Genesis' surprise, was female. She was about Genesis' parents' age, with wave blonde hair and a deep tan. "Good afternoon," the doctor said, greeting Genesis with a smile. "Are you Genesis Rookwood?"

"Yes."

"I'm Dr. Sikes," said the doctor. "I'll be your gynecologist."

Phew, Genesis thought. If it was a woman, then that would make things less awkward.

"So I read your medical transcripts," said Dr. Sikes. "You're 17 years old, yes?"

"Yes. But I'll be turning 18 in November."

Dr. Sikes nodded. "And it seems you haven't been to a gynecologist before," she said. "I take it you haven't had any problems with your reproductive system?"

Here it was. Exactly what Genesis was worried about. "No," said Genesis. "Not until now."

"Your stepmom called the office," said Dr. Sikes. "She said the reason for you booking an appointment was because you were having painful periods. Is that true?"

"Yes," said Genesis. "That's not normal, is it?"

"Of course it is," said Dr. Sikes. "Almost all women have pain during their period."

"I know, but...it's never been this bad before," said Genesis. "The last couple periods I've had have been unbearable. A couple weeks ago I was on my school's cheerleading squad, and we were performing at a football game when I had my period, and it made me start throwing up all over the field."

"Ooh," Dr. Sikes said, cringing with sympathy. "That must've been embarrassing."

"It was," said Genesis. "But should I be worried?"

"No," said Dr. Sikes. "Our bodies are always changing-especially at your age. A lot of women go from being able to tolerate their periods with ease to being rendered immobile during their monthly visit. What you're experiencing is a common occurrence."

"Oh." Genesis felt relieved, but she still had questions. "So...what can I do about it?"

"I can prescribe a medication for you," said Dr. Sikes. "You can pick it up at your pharmacy."

"Thank you," said Genesis. She looked at her chair's stirrups and asked "Is there...anything else you need to do?"

"No," said Dr. Sikes. She followed Genesis' gaze and realized what she was thinking. "I'm not going to do a pelvic exam, if that's what you're wondering. You're not quite at the age where it's recommended to have regular pelvic exams."

"Whew," said Genesis.

"Were you dreading having me looking at your vagina?" Dr. Sikes asked with a smile.

Somehow, Genesis found herself smiling too. "Yes," she admitted.

"It's okay," said Dr. Sikes. "A lot of girls-and even grown women-feel a little uncomfortable about that. But it's part of staying healthy. And the more visits you have with me or another gynecologist, the more comfortable you'll feel."

"That's good to know," said Genesis.

"Just think of Barbie," said Dr. Sikes.

"What-Barbie?"

"You know the Barbie movie that came out this summer?"

"Oh yeah, I didn't see it," said Genesis. "My dad and I saw Oppenheimer instead."

"Oh," said Dr. Sikes. "Well...you should probably watch the movie if you get the chance. Then you'll understand."

"I think I will," said Genesis.

"Let me know what you think of it next time," said Dr. Sikes. "I think you'll get a lot more out of it than you think."

"Really?"

"Of course. It really shows how you shouldn't be ashamed to be a woman. Being a woman is much more than just an afterthought to men. Us women-we have a strong, powerful spirit to us that men lack. I know you have it in you. And you should be proud of it."

Genesis smiled. "Thanks, Dr. Sikes," she said. "Thanks so much."

"It's my absolute pleasure," said Dr. Sikes. "I'll look forward to our next appointment."

Genesis walked out of the gynecologist's office feeling much better than she had going in. In fact, she was starting to chide herself for dreading it.

***

Unfortunately, Genesis' euphoria at how well her appointment with Dr. Sikes went didn't last long. For when she got home, her stepmom had a nasty surprise in store.

"Genesis, come into your room," said Paulette.

Genesis followed her stepmom into her bedroom and closed the door behind her. Once they were alone, Paulette looked at Genesis accusingly. "This afternoon, I was putting away some of your clean clothes," she said, "And I found this in your underwear drawer." She opened Genesis' underwear drawer and pulled out a piece of paper. When Genesis read it, she almost had a heart attack.

Hey Genesis,
I'll bet you're even hotter in bed. ;)
-Adam Severson

"Can you tell me what this is?" Paulette asked.

Oh no. Genesis' mind was spinning. Adam Severson was one of the party guests that Ramona had invited over last Friday. The only explanation was that he'd snuck into Genesis' room and slipped that note into her underwear drawer. But she couldn't tell that to Paulette. Could she? After everything Ramona had done to Gene/Genesis over the years, Genesis would've LOVED to see her get grounded. Since Ramona was the one who orchestrated the party, she definitely deserved to be punished.

But then Genesis remembered what Ramona had said about how she'd contributed-and lied to her father. If Ramona went down, Genesis would go down with her. She couldn't spill the beans to Paulette or Reginald. But what could she do now that evidence had turned up?

"It's...a note," said Genesis. "From a lovesick boy."

"And how did it get into your underwear drawer?"

"I don't know," said Genesis. "Maybe me or Ramona had him over, and he got into my room while I wasn't looking?"

"And when would that have been?" Paulette asked.

Genesis tried to keep a straight face while she thought quickly. "Probably a long time ago," she blurted out.

"A long time ago?"

"Yes," said Genesis. "Maybe before I turned into a girl?"

Paulette's accusatory expression morphed into one of confusion. "Excuse me?"

"Think about it," said Genesis. "When Mirna cast her memory-altering spell, it changed the whole world around us. It switched out everything in my bedroom for girly stuff, and it changed the information on my school ID and birth certificate and all that. It even rewrote people's memories. So maybe, in this new version of history, Adam Severson came over at some point before and left that note? And we just didn't find it until now?"

"Well, I haven't tried to rearrange your underwear drawer to fit everything until now..." said Paulette.

"There you go," said Genesis.

Paulette was silent for a count of five. "Alright," she said. "I'll give you the benefit of the doubt this time." And with that, she left.

A minute later, Ramona came into Genesis' bedroom. "Did you just...cover for me?" she asked in an undertone.

Genesis swallowed. "Yes," she said. "Your mom found something in my underwear drawer, and..."

"I know, I heard you," said Ramona. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but...I owe you big-time."

"Really?" The way Genesis saw it, she was saving her own skin just as much as Ramona's. But the fact that her stepsister had come in to thank her and not insult her...

"Yes. You just did me a huge favor." Ramona thought for a moment before saying "I was just going out to go to the mall with Modesty. Want to tag along?"

Genesis' jaw dropped. "Sure," she said.

***

Genesis and Ramona met up with Modesty at the mall-the same one where Gene had gone to confront Cassy, and then Mirna had turned him into Genesis. However, Genesis was feeling much too peppy and upbeat to go back to the bookstore to see Mirna. She was having too much fun with Ramona and Modesty. The three girls spent several hours going through the mall and browsing clothes, necklaces, and even cell phones, since Ramona's phone was getting pretty old. Genesis ended up getting herself a new tank top and a pair of short shorts that looked really sexy on her. She wanted to get a leather jacket, but it was too expensive.

After a while, the three of them went to get dinner from the mall's food court. While Genesis and Ramona got in line for the sandwiches, Modesty went off to take a bathroom break. But in the line for the sandwiches, Genesis was surprised to see Cassy in front of her.

"What the-Genesis?" Cassy said when she saw her.

"Cassy!" said Genesis. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm on my lunch break," Cassy answered. "Are you shopping here with your sister?"

"Stepsister," Genesis corrected. "But yes."

"Oh. Well, I was meaning to tell you, but I haven't had the chance. Mirna's out of town."

"What?"

"Yeah, she's going on a trip to the Bahamas," said Cassy. "She'll be gone for two weeks. So she won't be able to change you back until then."

Genesis felt a twinge of annoyance. "What's her deal?" she said. "Is Mirna avoiding me?"

"I don't know," said Cassy. "She told me she didn't feel the time was right to change you back just yet."

"Why not? I've already learned my lesson about sexually harassing girls. Right?"

"Have you? If she were to change you back to Gene, would you keep being a womanizer and trying to bed every girl you met?"

Genesis hesitated. Her kneejerk reaction would've been "no," but the rational part of her had doubts. The womanizing lifestyle that Gene had lived...that was all he'd known when he was a boy. Could he really change his ways if given the chance? Looking back, Genesis felt like what she'd done in the past was in his nature. From the things that had happened to him when he was young, it made sense that he'd turn out the way he did. So was there any guarantee that she'd retain the lessons she learned from being a girl?

Cassy read the look on Genesis' face and slowly nodded. "You're not sure," she said. "Then Mirna's probably not gonna change you back quite yet." Then she turned and left, making Genesis feel even worse than when Paulette had found that note.

"Hey," Ramona said in an effort to cheer up Genesis. "At least you're getting a handle on being a girl. You'll be able to survive until Mirna does decide to change you back."

Genesis forced a smile. "You're right," she said. "Hopefully I'll be able to figure things out..."

To be continued...

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A big problem up ahead

I don't know if it's her curse that got Genesis stuck with that awful doctor, but hopefully she'll be ok. Periods can be painful, and you might even feel nauseous, but the pain should not be that bad. Feeling sea sick is very different from the nausea that comes from an extreme amount of pain, and if your period is so bad that you are "rendered immobile" then that could be a sign of endometriosis or other serious medical conditions.

Hopefully she can visit a better doctor sometime soon (or switches back before she has a medical emergency)

extreme pain

lisa charlene's picture

all three of my daughters and wife suffered from the pain that they were pretty much bedfast during their periods .only thing that seemed to help was birth control pills and warm baths .it is more common that you think.

A big problem up ahead

I don't know if it's her curse that got Genesis stuck with that awful doctor, but hopefully she'll be ok. Periods can be painful, and you might even feel nauseous, but the pain should not be that bad. Feeling sea sick is very different from the nausea that comes from an extreme amount of pain, and if your period is so bad that you are "rendered immobile" then that could be a sign of endometriosis or other serious medical conditions.

Hopefully she can visit a better doctor sometime soon (or switches back before she has a medical emergency)