Pregnant with Six Daughters

Printer-friendly version

Pregnant with Six Daughters

I am eighty-two years passed a century, and my life has been a living hell since as far back as I can remember, which was about the age of three. Sure, none were aware that my parents, my siblings, my ex-wife and my children made it thus, but that remains the truth. I have outlived all my contemporaries, their children and most of their grandchildren too. My parents and siblings always despised me simply because I was me.

My family was taken off me over a century and a half ago by what was then referred to as a divorce court, yet not a day has passed but what I thought about them. Am I bitter? Well I was for a long time, but after that it seemed pointless to be bitter concerning the actions of folk who were long gone and forgotten. After all they are dead yet I am alive which seems retribution enough.

The new longevity regeneration techniques, derived from my naturally long lived DNA which made me the wealthiest person in the entire human populated system, will enable me to be young indefinitely. Perhaps more importantly they have enabled me to be the young woman I always wished to be. Divorce courts are long a thing of the past now, but still I am leery of the possibility of emotional loss and trauma.

I have long wished children who would care about me as my first offspring were taught not to. That happened so long ago that I am glad I saved my gametes. I paid a premium to reserve them for my exclusive use. The technologies of today ensured the genetic safety of that. and to ensure neither financial nor judicial disaster, however unlikely, I have no desire for a husband.

My history like that of all others can sleep easily or not with itself, for it is a matter of no concern to myself. To my great joy I am presently pregnant with six daughters.

As the eldest and therefore the permanent chairwoman of the members of the interplanetary security council I am more than able to ensure that my daughters shall be reared in safety and with every educational opportunity available to to them should they be able to access it. Finally my life is good, for my time is rationed according to a simple rule. My daughters have first call upon my time and the rest of so called civilised space can sort itself out till I am ready to assist. If that means millions die so be it.

Robert Heinlein’s Lazarus Long said all that needs to be said, ‘I get even by outliving them.’

up
61 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A very apt story

given what some political parties are trying to do today.
It would be a mega 'mea culpa' moment if the person who eventually had this magic DNA was Trans. They'd have to eat their words big time. I wonder what sort of spin they'd put on the story.

Samantha