Talent

Printer-friendly version

That week’s talent shew ‘Talang Sverige’ had produced nothing remarkable, nor anything of interest, and there was little time left. It was a shock to the hosts when the stage back drop turned into a sky bright with stars clustered so closely they were a widespread bright light with the northern lights chasing across them scintillating with effects they were used to, though not inside a building.

Suddenly she stood there on the stage, tiny, a witch from the north, less than a meter forty-five [four foot ten] in height and when spoken to she replied in halting Swedish, “I don’t understand and I speak not your language. I am here to sing wolf.”

The pack appeared out of the mist about her. Thirty or more snarling, savage and dangerous looking animals. The females guarding the young and the aggressive males protectively surrounding the woman. Out of nowhere appeared the huge male, pure white and twice the size of all the others. He inserted his head under her arm and howled the caoin of the wolf. “He is White Ghost” she said, “and we shall sing.”

For six minutes the woman and the pack howled with the noises of a winter storm behind them as musical accompaniment with the stars and lights amplifying their effect on the audience. It was wild, terrifying and beautiful beyond words, and the mesmerised audience accepted that it was neither good nor evil, neither benevolent nor malevolent, for such power was simply beyond such descriptions, and it was a direct descendent of the beliefs of their forefathers which struck deeply into their souls. When the sounds faded away a huge white bear appeared at her side and a great white owl perched on her shoulder.

The witch read from a piece of paper saying, “There are those who seek to steal our heritage and traditional homelands. We shall resist. All nature is with us. We are not here to win a pointless competition. We seek your alliance against those who would steal our heritage which if not the heritage of yourselves is that of your descendants. You may not be of our descent, but you are of our land and as such are welcome amongst us." At that the woman and her companions dissolved into the mist which then evaporated leaving a talent shew in complete chaos.

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow.

Wow.
Grin.
I hope this doesn't fall foul of the "no politics" rule.

Politics

I recall that politics are cool within a story.

If Only!

joannebarbarella's picture

On one of the pointless and crass "Reality " shows.