Snakes and Ladders-11

Printer-friendly version

Snakes and Ladders-11

Chapter 11

Raw naked fear and heart thumping adrenaline.

I guess kind of is a good grasp of just the feeling that seeing the three hundred or so yards of ancient or twisted forest just exploding into chunks, splinters, sawdust and fire. I stare at it like seeing a terrorist bomb going off.

Then they came bursting through the explosion just like two twin freight trains. They were these snakes but not snakes the ribs came out all along their bodies like spines or horns adding grip to their movements. Huge heads like a cross between a snakes and a frilled lizards but the ribbing of the fines coming out into long wicked horns and then there was the sized the head was the size of a small car and the body an easy twelve feet wide and each was several hundred feet long.

I nearly pooed myself right there…

These things weren’t dragons, they were snakes. I’m not a fan of snakes…

Shaya yelled something that sounded like “Naga!” or “Nagas?” and they came at us really fast just like a snake would but much faster because of all the muscle and what not they had. They circled us fast then with this tweak of majik I feel Bhlaze alter his and our mass as he leapt up into the sky…

I was close enough to see their mouth open and this spray of black stuff start out from their mouths and it ignited a second later and it smelled like charred meat along with the smell of a semi-wreck, there was an almost diesel like tincture to the smell. We rise up as the twin blast hit and combine and the force creates this cloud of fire like a firestorm really and their heads seem to follow us up into the air and so does the cloud of flames.

We get lift from both Bhlaze’s majiks and the thermal updrafts we rise hundreds of feet in minutes and for a few of those long minutes the flames are just about twenty feet under us and the heat is so intense that we’re getting slightly cooked by the radiant heat and it’s really hard to breathe….Then we’re clear and these Naga things are keening and racing in a circle under us and then they kick out more fire aiming outside of their circle and there are more flames and the blaze gets bigger and more widespread. The bodies from the fighting of the goblins and the orcs and the Sylvan warriors are all consumed by the fires. The stuff their spewing seems almost like napalm.

We’re still climbing straight up and I feel it. Bhlaze mixing his energy with Shaya’s and something gathering inside of him like this massive charge and he breathes, spits downwards…

It was like the twisting of physics from him doing a jump but only I can feel through the bond them twisting the laws of physics and pulling all the free electrical energy into his body and he directs it out his mouth in a beam…more twisting of natural laws as he molds the electro- magnetic field into a stream of pure energy…white light sheathed with bits of lightning clinging down it from the field reacting to the air and when it hits it reacts with the magnetic field of the planet creating a massive explosion of electrical energy like a super strength electrical storm turned into an instant bomb like attack it literally blows them to shreds as this magnetic wave of force like wind-sheer rushes out from the impact…the fire as huge as it was got snuffed instantly out by the wave.

My mind is reeling as I see a crater left there nearly a half mile wide…The sheer firepower of what I just saw Shaya and Bhlaze do was terrible to see. Nothing I knew of short of something big and military could do something like that.

That’s instantly balanced by feeling both of them sagging and nearly passing out from the power that it took for them to do this…but they had to, those things left unchecked. Who knows what they could’ve done.

I dig deep into myself and try and envision my power pouring from me into them, Bhlaze does a sharp inhale of relief and Shaya too when I put my good arm on her shoulder and Bhlaze banks towards this structure I can see in the distance.

~Thank you Erendae…I was unsure if my strength would hold until safety. ~

“It’s okay…I think…this...this is hard…”

Shaya’s swaying in the dragon saddle, I can feel her trying to fight to being awake but she’s in that daze like her blood sugar’s bottomed out or something. It’s a damned scary thing to feel through the bond. I’m holding onto her but I can feel how tired and how sick she’s feeling and fueling Bhlaze I can almost feel this bone weary pain in my arms and shoulders as he is trying to fly us to the fortress.

Soldiers are pointing at us and orders are being issued as we just barely clear the walls by twenty feet and come down pretty hard in the courtyard of this place. The warriors with us all more or less go down where we came down at and fall with varying degrees of pain and some serious wounds.

Things get hazy as there’s people helping me get down off Bhlaze’s back. They’re dressed in this blue colored material with a wreath of silver embroidered oak leaves with berries?

“Shaya, The Princess there’s something wrong with her…Please help her.” I whine, please be alright beloved, please I can’t lose you.

They take her off Bhlaze’s back and they are looking her over, one passes her a canteen which she takes with fumbling hands and drinks at greedily. One of them turns to me. “She’ll be fine, she just exhausted herself with too much majik and fighting.” I try to see more. “Are you sure, is she hurt?” he looks at me. “Nay Milady your hurts are much more than hers.”

“Really? She’ll be alright?”

“Aye, for true lady. I’d not lie to you about something like the care of a patient but she pushed herself beyond the limits of her power and her body and you’d not be in much better shape lass now lie back and let us do our jobs.”

“Oh and you guys are?”

“Knight-healers Lady, now ease you and don’t fight me.”

“Fight…?...oh.” I feel his hand on my forehead and there’s the feeling like something swirling against my skin like water? Then it sort of slips and pours into my from under my forehead and this cool soothing feeling ripples through me and it washes away some of the fatigue and the pain too. Oh…this is majik; literally his majik and I can feel his power sliding in and through my body and start to do strange medical kinds of things to/for me as Shaya and I are being litter carried with the others into the fortress.

It’s all kinds of chaos as I’m taken into this long barracks like room with a whole bunch of these Knight-healers and they’re stripping me out of my armor. I feel tired, really tired and numb too which is good when they take off the torso stuff and there’s that hole there burned right through my shoulder. It looks bad, really gross and stuff and burned not like a little bit burned but like really grossly burned.

Gross/Nice fact the movies are not entirely accurate.Y’know burnt human does not smell like cooking pork. I mean it sort of does but the fat and skin burned smell is very different. So kinda mix the smell of crisping fish skin in a skillet with a piece of pork and add in the burnt scent and yeah it’s bad.

I’m starting to freak out the more I think about getting such a freaky bad scar. I’m sorry, I am but I’ve lived as Bear for so long that being me is something that I treasure so much now and to get a scar like this is just…it’s shallow and small of me considering I could be dead right now…They get the legging/boot part off my wounded leg and as the blood pours from the boot and shoots from the place I was shot… I faint.

Sorry correct that, I think I barfed then fainted.

I don’t remember them working on me and healing me and all of that but I remember the dreams that I had about being in combat. The fear hitting me now, the panic, the feeling of shooting the things that were trying to kill us and shooting them was grossly too easy a way of killing them. Yes I own guns and there are times on the road where you kind of need it for back up even if I really hated having them. But until this I’d never actually shot anyone except for the dragon.

I killed a lot of those things. I fought and used my sword and killed with it. I relive the weight of the blade in my hand, the shocks of the impacts where there was actually an enemy trying to kill me. The feel through the metal as flesh and bone parted too easily. The nightmares are really intense, scary and they replay over and over and then there’s the images of those two giant serpent like creatures and the flames that they made trying to cook us. I wake from being out of it in this really bad nightmare of how it would have went if we had been caught in the flames.

I wake up thrashing and screaming not for myself but for…”Shaya!” I think I was thrashing and stuff but there’s hands holding me, helping me ride through it until I wake coming out the other side of my nightmare.

Her eyes, her eyes are right there in front of me as Shaya’s staring me in the face and holding me. Her hands slide up to hold my face and wipe those tears away and she kisses me. She kisses me over and over again and she knows. Through our bond she knows what happened in the nightmare in my head and she’s there. Using those kisses to slide in and to wrap her soul around mine and just…not letting me know that she’s okay or that we’re okay but making it a truth.

I bawl my eyes out. There’s so much of this that’s upsetting to me and was ugly then and it’s her being there being one with me that is so…God I’m so lucky, I’ve got this freaking me out and going on inside and she’s able to be there inside of me and curling up inside of me making things better like this part of her is holding my heart literally with so much love.

Who really ever gets to experience that, gets to have this?

I’m sobbing as she holds me and rocks me and makes me feel like It’s all going to be alright until I’m calmed down and there’s all these feelings of how much she loves me cascading into me I can’t help but to blossom inside. Slowly I start to kiss her back and my hands touch her and slide over her warm, silky smooth body. I can’t help but to feel and see her giving those orders to the men when we got there. Then to how simply breathtaking she was in action. And her getting us up and out of there and even striking with that super powerful blast with Bhlaze against the Nagas even knowing just how dangerous it was to use that kind of power.

She’s a real hero, a real knight out of what’d be a fairy tale novel and there’s that little girl in me that falls in love with her all the more because of that. I notice no bandage on my shoulder or where I was shot in the leg as her hands run over those areas. I dip my fingers down and run them back and forth over the slit, the lips pushing in and letting the creases of my fingers drag over them until she shivers with lust and lets out this breathy little whine of “Wren…”

I kiss her and love every second of her lips on mine and I push her down into the bed and straddle her, I take a breast in hand and a nipple in mouth and slowly lavish the attention on her as my fingers dip inside of her and I feel her squirm and moan and she cries out. I’m the aggressor this time, so turned on by her being my lady knight in shining armor that I make love to her, I worship her, my devotions running from the tips of my fingers to her breasts and the alter that in her sex as I lower my face down to kiss her and to suckle her with as sacred intent of drinking from her like she’s the finest of communion wines.

“Wren…Wrenn…nn…Oh Gods…Erendae…!”

Shaya cries out as I make love to her and I’m rewarded by this little spurts of girly essence along with the heavy syrupy flow of her nectar. I lap it up, suck it up clean her over and over with her hands woven into my hair and her fingers holding me tightly to her as they massage my scalp in involuntary reflex.

I lose track of the moments as her third carried me over the edge through our bond and her pleasure becomes mine. There’s a point where our positions change and Shaya not only return my love and my tenderness but Has strapped into our little friend. It becomes something else, almost better in a sense as I’m being made love too by my hero, my knight, my beloved beautiful Shaya.

It scores another hit inside of my soul somewhere. Part of me, part of that little girl me has just had this fairy tale moment of where her hero, heroine pulls her to her and takes her in her arms and makes passionate love to her.

I can feel Shaya’s reaction too. When she was a knight, before her change this thought of being something like this, a hero, a knight, a champion….even if it ever was for just one person. This little grain of hope kept them from going completely insane, kept that tiny hope alive until the day that everything changed.

There is no feeling to describe the emotions coming through our bond. I get to feel so loved and treasured…treasured beyond all measure because I gave that spark of being that knight, that person new life and hope…when she never thought that she’d ever get the chance.

We finish and cuddle and hold each other as sleep retakes us, both sated, satisfied and spent. “I love you Erendae Phoenix. I love you more than anything else.”

“I love you too Shaya, I’ve never been happier, I’ve never been this loved before.”

“Thank you Wren, thank you for being my miracle.”

up
166 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What? Of course I love it!

I'm very glad to see this again. It's always so much fun!

I loved the part with Bhlaze's attack. Awesome! At first I thought, why didn't they do that when they were on Earth? I realized though, if they had, they would have been too wasted to get home, and could have been stranded in a place that could really cause them problems.

Anytime you put a love scene in, I really enjoy it! You are very good at putting the emotion in without getting too graphic. Since I really do love Shaya, it's interesting trying to put myself into my shoes (huh?).

Great job, Bailey! You've made my day!

Wren

I'm so glad that you liked it Wren.

I'm trying to easy back on the graphic parts of the sexual stuff to still tell that part of the story but I really don't want people going Eeew. It's the Love that's the important thing in the love scenes but I like to paint a picture of what's going on. The story was a bit more about the stuff that goes on after the battle/rescue at least in the personal way. And the bit about Wren getting her real live hero finally in someone that loves her and Shaya getting to feel finally and really the reason and reward of the spirit that she had always sought in being a knight.

Bailey Summers

Very intense chapter

So Shayla and her dragon's magic created these naga killers? A sort of all but unstoppable but uncontrollable last ditch weapon? That Wren, terribly injured as she was could magically sustain the two after says a lot about her transformation. Did Sayla realize in her bonding with and saving/transforming Bear this might happen?

Their love afterwards, Wrens fears and joy were as or more intense.

GREAT.

So when does the dual take place and when will the traitors be exposed and deposed?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

No Shaya wasn't responsible

For the Nagas. She did sense them before anyone else and she used her majik and Bhlaze's to escape and defeat them with an all or nothing attack. The nagas are creatures of the Darklands and very dangerous, too dangerous to leave alive that close to the second fortress.

No Shaya hadn't a clue as to what would happen when she linked with the human, just that he was dying and disfigured by saving her life against a mortal enemy. She has no Idea of the strength inside of her Wren.

As for the traitors that'll unfold as the story does and the duel lady Kite will push for as soon as they return from being the king's messengers. There's not a lot of rush given they're elves after all.

Thanks for enjoying this John:)

Bailey Summers

awesome

A dragon based particle beam, what can I say but wow.
great chapter. thanks

Yeah I had that scene

kinda going through my head like an Anime bit and that part just kind of flowed.

Bailey Summers

I must say

Extravagance's picture

"I nearly pooed myself right there..."

that was an excrement line indeed. =)

Catfolk Pride.PNG

wow

I just read all 11 snakes and ladders one after another and i loved it. Great story and huge imagination. Lots more please and thank you very much.

Thank you so much.

It's very cool you share a name with a dragon, even if you spell it differently. I'm really glad that you enjoyed this.

Bailey Summers