Concert of Remembrance Pt 4

Printer-friendly version

Concert of Remembrance

by

Jacquimac

Part 4

I didn`t know it but a parents meeting had been arranged for the next evening, but we went to meeting after Mrs Cockcroft and the Doctor had told everyone what was happening to me a heated discussion started, the majority of parents had no problem but one or two very vocal with their opinions. At one stage I thought a fight was going to break out between a couple of the dads.

One of the mothers started screaming until there was complete silence. Once everything had quietened down she got onto the stage and started pointing at the problem parents "what if it was your son ? what would you do lock him away somewhere" she paused and looked around she pointed at me and said " This child has problem that can only be fixed by changing gender, it`s natures fault not the childs and we`ve been asked to help so a decision can be made for the childs future"

When the meeting finally ended there was only two families that considered me a freak, three families that were`nt sure what to think and would see as things happened.

We arrived home and mum made us all a hot drink, while we were all together in the lounge I told them I was going to live as a girl. It didn`t really matter anymore as it was all out in the open now. People would either accept or reject me, as mum said "It`s their choice".

When we were younger mum taught us that our actions and decisions didn`t just affect us but everyone else around us. Well the facts had been laid before me and the decision was mine and it was a decision I would have to live with, there was no turning back.

Friday morning and I went to school early so I could let Mrs Cockcroft what I had decided, she was in her office when I arrived and we had a chat we both knew it would already be around the school but she had already warned the staff to be ready for any problems. Mum had already phoned and told her what I had decided.

Mrs Cockcroft handed me a package and told me to get changed that i had 15 mins, she left the office and when I opened the package it was a new school uniform a girls uniform. I quickly changed and had just finished buckeling my shoes as Mrs Cockcroft re-entered the room, Victoria was ready for what the world would throw at her.

The school assembly was just starting when we arrived and the head introduced the new me to school, she also told everyone that any discrimitory behaviour would be deakt with severly.

The day passed ok except for a bit of teasing and before I realised it school was finished for the week. We had a drama class tonight so I started of home, as I left the school some of the girls had been waiting for me and we went home together. I didn`t realise that my brothers were keeping an eye on me from a discreet distance, they were making sure that nothing happened and had already warned the boys at school not to try anything.

The drama club started with a meeting to let everyone know what they would be doing, for the first part depicting the WW1 theme

Song picked were ,

It's a long way to Tipperary,
It's a long way to go.
It's a long way to Tipperary,
To the sweetest girl I know.
Goodbye Piccadilly,
Farewell Leicester Square,
It's a long, long way to Tipperary,
But my heart's right there.

with the wartime verse

That's the wrong way to tickle Mary,
That's the wrong way to kiss!
Don't you know that over here, lad,
They like it best like this!
Hooray pour le Francais!
Farewell, Angleterre!
We didn't know the way to tickle Mary,
But we learned how, over there!

"Hanging on the old barbed wire"

If you want to find the lance-jack, I know where he is
I know where he is, I know where he is
If you want to find the lance-jack, I know where he is
He's scrounging round the cookhouse door.
I've seen him, I've seen him
Scrounging round the cookhouse door, I've seen him,
Scrounging round the cookhouse door.
The company sergeant...He's laying on the latrine floor

The quarter master...Miles and miles behind the lines.
The sergeant-major...Thieving all the squaddies' rum.
The buckshee private...Buried in a deep shell hole.
The C.O....Down in a deep dugout.
The brasshats...Drinking claret at Brigade HQ.
The politicians....Drinking brandy at the House of Commons bar.
The whole battalion...Hanging on the old barbed wire

"I don`t want to join the army"

I don't want to join the army,
I don't want to go to war.
I'd rather hang around dear old London town,
Living off the earnings of a lady typist.
I don't want a bayonet in my belly,
I don't want my bollocks shot away.
I'd rather stay in England, in merry, merry England,
And fornicate this bleedin' life away.

Your King and Country Want You.

Keep The Home Fire Burning.

Theres a Long Long Winding Trail.

Oh It`s a Lovely War.

Bombed Last night.

With musichall acts mixed in along with the names of various battles and the losses .

Part one would end with poetry reading from the two youngest members of the cast

" In Flanders Field" and " Ode of Rememberance"

up
80 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Concert of Remembrance Pt 4

What does the new uniform look like? Anything like those of Warsop College of Gaby fame?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Nice to recall those songs...

Andrea Lena's picture

...many veterans of the War to End All Wars still were alive when I was young, and I can remember those songs and how important they were to that generation. Thank you.


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena