A Change in Lifestyle chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

A Change in Lifestyle
Chapter 4

Was it a deal?

I thought about it for a few seconds and I wondered what Helen might say. But she’d annoyed me so much that I didn’t really care.

‘OK if you need my help then I’m happy to come around but no word to Helen about this please. I’ll have to fit it into my part time job though.’

Fran said she’d match the hourly rate if I’d help her for at least 2 or 3 hours a day and maybe I could give up the job. That made me think a bit but I still wasn’t sure.
‘Come on Robyn, the job is made for you and I’m only next door so I can be flexible on hours. ‘

‘But it’s a lot of money. Can you afford it? It’s not really practical surely.’
‘Come on please. Besides I‘ll be employing you as you are now and not as a man like you are in your job and you can change your mind if a new job comes along.’

I was tempted.

‘But if I go for a job I’ll be classed as out of work.’

Come on Robyn you have Helen to look after you don’t you. She’s doing ever so well and surely you can both afford a break in your career. Just keep up your NI payments if you like. Come on it will really help me through this bad time and if I don’t find a solution soon I’m going to end up with a breakdown.’

That did it so I accepted. But I wanted to let Helen know so that was a condition. But in my own time since she might be in a mood when she got home.

By now it was almost 3pm and our lunch had been late. I had to think about making dinner and I thought about making a casserole and adding some laxative in Helens portion to teach her a lesson unless she apologized for her behavior. Since I was smiling to myself Fran asked me what was so funny.

I told her about the weekends events and how we’d argued and one thing led to another and we were soon discussing about our problems in the bedroom. I couldn’t believe I was telling Fran such intimate details and then she asked if I had any thoughts when Helen and I were love making.

I told her about how I felt more excited when Helen was the aggressor and that it made me feel different and usually I managed to ejaculate but then I was no good for more.
‘Does she get frustrated and does she get excited too?’

In truth I didn’t know but I did realise that Helen was usually upset and disappointed.
Fran suggested that I surprise Helen tonight and suggest some role playing perhaps applying a little perfume before I left the bathroom. I thought about it and then said I was too scared in case Helen kicked me out.

‘Well it would work for me hun.’

We left it there since Beth was waking up and so I helped Fran by mixing a bottle of milk and then found my wellington boots to finish cutting our lawn.

When I went back indoors I checked the answer phone. Helen had called asking where I was since no answer to my mobile. Then she said not to bother with dinner since she would meet Emma for training and then call for a drink and something to eat with her. She ended up saying ‘Don’t wait up.’

Mmm that was it I was definitely doing what I wanted to do now so she could get lost. I called Fran and told her what Helen had said and asked what time tomorrow.

Then I showered and decided I’d pop out to treat myself to a Starbucks or something.
As I dried myself and looked in the mirror I had an urge to borrow something of Helens and put on a little make up again. If someone recognized me then why should I care. That would teach Helen if someone told her that her husband was gay or a trannie. That was her fault as much as mine. I obviously had the rest of the afternoon and evening to myself. I might even get a Chinese take out and bring it home and watch tv.

So I found myself looking through Helens wardrobe for something a bit more dressy than the jeans I’d worn.

I tried a few things and most things fitted but I stopped short of opting for a skirt or a dress. I thought I’d be safer with a pair of trousers and found some cotton ones and a matching top. I didn’t think I should wear tights or stockings and would be safer to have a uni sex look just in case. The trousers were a deep beige color and the top was a shade lighter. I tried a bra that was a nice feeling. I didn’t need to pack it too much since I felt I looked better with a slim boyish look. At least if I got stopped I wouldn’t be too obvious. I put a few tissues in to each cup.

I found a brown elasticated belt and a pair of flat shoes that were a bit tight across the toes but would be ok as long as I didn’t do a shopping hike.

I applied a bit more make up than I’d done earlier. I looked OK. In fact I felt really good and I needed to check to see I looked alright. I paraded around for quite a while in front of the mirrors in our bedroom and then went downstairs to look in the hall mirror. I felt different. I walked differently and I looked through Helens hall cupboard to find a shoulder bag that I could use to hold my wallet and mobile phone. Plenty of choice since Helen has a cupboard full.

Dare I go through with this. To hell with my doubts of course I dare. I decided to pop next door to see Fran and check on her. The bag I selected had a perfume and a small make up bag so I gave myself a spray and swallowed hard before opening the front door.

Fran was very complementary and gave me a big lift in my confidence. She said I looked natural and dressing like this seemed to really bring out my feminine mannerisms. She offered me a few tips on the make up and re applied it. Then she said I should tie my hair back into a pony tail since it needed conditioning and trimming. She offered to do this together tomorrow if I’d let her. I wasn’t sure.

Since Beth was restless she suggested to put her into her buggy and she’d walk down to the bus stop with me to ensure I didn’t get too scared.

I was nervous but Fran was supportive and we chatted as we walked. It was a nice sunny afternoon and I liked to be out. Gradually my confidence built up and as Fran said I started to walk properly instead of attracting attention.

We decided to cut through the park to the next stop so that Beth could enjoy the fresh air as well as us. I wanted to walk and walk and I loved the smell of the grass and the shrubs in the park.

I took over the buggy and I felt good. This is what Helen and I wanted most of all but I felt maybe it wasn’t going to happen.

Fran linked arms and seemed so relaxed with the warm light wind blowing through her hair. She certainly looked a lot better than when I had come to her rescue earlier.

We reached the bus stop and Fran asked if I was OK. In truth I was almost wetting myself and my stomach was churning. But it was an incredible feeling.

The bus came around the corner and Fran pushed me to get on and pay my fare. As I found a seat I waved through the window and sat down.

I looked around in case there was anybody who knew me. The bus was fairly quiet so I was relieved.

That was until we pulled up at a bus stop outside the comprehensive school.

OMG my former English teacher got on board amongst the school children.
‘Robyn Cooper is that you? What on earth are you doing dressed like that.’

To be continued …….

up
205 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

SCARY

Scary stuff indeed,Julie I cant wait to see what happens next.

ROO Roo1.jpg

ROO

Well here goes Julie

She did say 'If someone recognized me then why should I care. That would teach Helen if someone told her that her husband was gay or a trannie.'

Now it's time to put her money where her mouth is.

Good chapter Thankyou.

LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.
'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Thank you,Julie,

ALISON

You are really rotten,Julie,you have me sitting on the edge of the chair again waiting for your
next little surprise! Love the story,though.

ALISON

That wouldn't be so bad...

Andrea Lena's picture

...except that you're sitting in a rocking chair, and when you leaned forward you mushed my foot, and I just had a pedicure! (In my dreams, of course) I'm on the edge of my seat as well. Thanks, Julie


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena