Helen's Diary: Happy Accident

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary,

Yesterday we had a HUGE party to celebrate my 17th birthday. I was actually in charge of the guest list. Well as you can probably imagine, I invited Jo. Well Jo is a bit of an aquired taste so i had a helluva time watering her down so she wouldn't spill the beans to my WHOLE FAMILY or worse, my mother. Did i mention the first time they heard of eachother, Jo thought my mom was a witch and My mom thought Jo was my girlfriend. (Well Mom's not wrong though not in the way she will ever find out i hope) Jo spent five minutes reading about the different covens that don't really exist within the realm of possibility and... I'm... rambling again... great train derailed. Though come to think of it, was it ever even on a track. And what kind of track was it... (proceed to stick foot in mouth) New paragraph

Sorry I'm working on it. Oh yeah the segunda!

Anyway, when Jo got to my house as the only non-family member in attendance, she gave me this cute "salmon" colored gift bag and claimed it was the only thing she could afford after she got my present. I pulled her to the side and whispered to her, "Jo honey, dial it down, 'the lady doth protest'" its our code for you suck at acting you're gonna get me clocked. Good thing my mom HATES theatre(yesthatshowthespiansspellit) or i would have to muzzle my BFF.

So i mentioned Jo gave me a present right? Yeah she gave me the CUUUUUUTEST pair of skinnies i have ever seen. I went to the bathroom because my mom wanted me to try them on. When i got back she informed me they were, in fact, girls jeans. Remember when i said my mom was frugal... i don't remember but yeah shes a penny pincher. I offered her the jeans because i wanted it to seem like "uh... you want me to wear girls jeans? You know thats crossdressing right?" She told me to shut up because i already said they were comfortable(i did not tell her i thought they were cute or that i knew they were for women) she told me to wear them at home. Since they seem gender neutral to wear them for Jo since she did buy them for me without "knowing". Thats why she doesn't like to shop at a certain second-hand store(nonametoavoidcopyrightbecauseimparinoid) that bunches up all the denim regardless of gender.

Anyway... wow i tend to say that a lot. I'm glad to know i can get away with a few things at least if mom doesnt know it was a happy "accident"

up
86 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

YAY again!

laika's picture

Another Helen mini-adventure
told in her adorable + inimitable style
(well i could imitate it but i won't, it's hers)
that put another smile on my face.
~hugs, Veronica

Awe♥️

Thank you for the encouragement. Yeah Helen is a bit of a scatterbrain. If she's talking about something she loves she can go on and on. Which is why she tends to ramble alot in her diary entries. I made her this way because i wanted her to be different. I wanted her to sound like i would have if i had started questioning my gender identity back when i was in high school so when i write for her my inner teenage girl comes out. It just warms my heart knowing some part of me can at least make someone laugh.

Knows but not letting on

Jamie Lee's picture

If mom were so against her son being a girl, frugal or not, she would not let him wear clothing made for girls. Or keep the haircut Helen got.

It sounds like mom, in her own way, is helping her son become the girl he needs to become. She might be using these mistakes as a way to get around the belief that boys are boys and girls are girls.

Others have feelings too.

Sh

Don't let Momma E hear that.
That being said im not sure what direction i want Helen's mom to take. You could be right... time will tell.