Thanks Truck-kun For Making Me A Trader - Part 4/27

Printer-friendly version

Good morning. I hope you slept well.

I didn't. Looking out it seems my Little Mule is still flying towards Maynard Mansion and the sun is just rising. Maybe I should get back in bed, but judging by the last few hours it wouldn't bring much. I sort of got used to sleeping with big breasts. It gets easier, but it still takes a while for my mind to ignore them and drift away to dreamland. But that hadn't been the problem tonight. I am just nervous.

Starting today I will open my services to the adventurers at Maynard Mansion. If Iren is to be believed it is a big deal. I'll be staying there for five rotations. Provided I don't chicken out sooner. Throughout yesterday's afternoon, I researched the potions I bought on Tsundore Fields. Late in the evening I popped in two health potions into the research bench and went to bed. Hoping that I would wake up this morning with some good upgrades. Instead, I tossed and turned. Every few hours I knew the research bench was done. So, I plopped in another two potions and went to bed. Hoping I'd fall asleep. Nope. Not a chance.

Maybe this night was a bad omen, but I can't let that keep me down. Time to get dressed in my new outfit. I tried it out yesterday, but even after a few hours, it felt strange. Not uncomfortable. I am just not used to it. The first piece was the bra. It has this nice light caramel color and is some kind of leather that is soft and thin. That single piece of garment cost me a full bell to figure out. No, don't laugh. I know how bras work. I had the pleasure to take them off a few women. That was back on Earth. Imagine my surprise as I found no claps, hook, button, or other methods of opening and closing it. Actually, the solution was so simple and stupid that I facepalmed myself. Besonians have access to a soul inventory and they can equip items from it directly. It simply materializes on your body.

I have to say I wasn't looking forward to wearing a bra, but boy am I glad to have one now. Despite the enormous size of my twins, they hadn't given me trouble in the form of back pain. Myra said they shouldn't due to my stats. But they still had mass and tend to move a bit. Especially if I turn around too fast, run, or jump. The bra actually keeps them in check and restricts their movement. The panty does have the same light caramel brown as the bra and I am glad I have them too. Not that I want to show them around, but it is nice to know that I have more than one layer from now to keep me decent. While the jumpsuit kept my privates hidden it was very formfitting. I caught myself a few times looking down to make sure I don't display a camel toe. Not that I did, but the worry was there.

Next was the skirt. Another surprise. When I bought it I had only seen the display picture of its soul inventory form. A long black skirt. Perfect to hide my long legs that would be otherwise nude and open for the world to see. As I equipped them for the first time, I thought it was actually wool I was wearing. However, it didn't feel like wool. Despite being woven it was actually leather. Impossibly thin strips that had been braided into a yarn. I have never seen or heard anything like it on Earth. The skirt itself is kind of loose and reaches down to my ankles. Making the strange material glide over my legs with each step. I think it will take some time until I will get used to it.

The tunic was another garment I had no hopes of wearing or stripping without the soul inventory system. Just like the bra, it was very form-fitting and had no means to open or close. It too was made of the same leather material as the skirt. Here it was woven directly instead of being braided first. It made for flexible clothes but wasn't very stretchy. You have no idea how good it feels to have my twins finally covered up. Look, I am no prude but I don't like the attention they get from random people. It makes me uncomfortable. In hindsight, I regret that I too have now and then stared at a woman's bosom. I tried to be not too obvious about it, but now I wish I had learned even more restraint.

The tunic itself has short sleeves. Leaving my arms bare. Just like a t-shirt. I mean- Sort of. At least it is an aspect familiar to me. Unlike a t-shirt, it reaches further down. Just past my hips. Covering part of my skirt. The cream color is a strong contrast to the black below. I am no fashion expert by far, but it kind of looks strange. Too much light color and not enough dark. As if it is off balance. There the slim belt comes in. That stupid little thing actually works. Breaking up the big canvas of cream just about at my waist.

At last, it is time for my new boots. Those are sturdy and reach up to my calf. They're black to match my skirt. Not that they are really noticeable. They do have a small heel of around one inch. Marking them as shoes for the working class on Besona. I don't mind. It is less than my jumpsuit has.

Time to eat breakfast. My new favorite is Hushberry soup. Boy am I glad that I even tried it. You see most of the Besonian food is just strange and not what I expected. Something that looks delicious by Earth's standard can be bland or even disgusting on Besona. What you expect might be sweet turns out sour and other shenanigans. You never know how anything tastes until you tried it. When I saw the Hushberry soup I thought it might be overdue and ready to be thrown out. It has that puke green look with chunks of something in it. In my brilliance, I threw it a few days ago on the research bench. Thinking that maybe I could research a version that wasn't past its due date. Turns out it is fresh. And as a bonus, I now have the option to trade the void for one puke green jumpsuit. Hurrah.

A day later I actually tried the Hushberry soup. It tastes sweet. Reminding me of honey. And the mushy floating chunks in it taste like nuts. So, as long as I look away it is pretty sweet breakfast food.

I think I see something on the horizon. Is it the mansion? No, can't be. Too many buildings. It looked more like a small town with one big building in the middle. Strange, my Little Mule is steering for the central courtyard. We are landing. This is Maynard Mansion? The whole complex is bigger than the freakin' Pentagon. I expect something more along the lines of the White House. Not this.

Sure enough, the courtyard is filled with tents to the brim. Just like the clearing in Kingswood Forrest. However, there are already three Little Mules parked there. With dedicated space for two more. One of those my own Little Mule is aiming for. A little vibration is all that is cluing me in that my ship landed. I have to admit the Little Mules are smooth rides. If I don't look out of the window I can actually forget when I am flying around.

It is time to explore a little. With so many adventurers around it should be safe, right? Stepping out I was greeted with a very colorful view. Each tent was brightly colored. A strong contrast to the muted woodland colors the tents in Kingswood Forrest had. They all are scattered around haphazardly in the courtyard. Here and there statues and wilted bushes are peeking out. It might have been a nice garden once. With cultured bushes and trees. Now, it was overrun by adventurers and deep dirt paths are carved into the soil by daily traffic. Walking along on them I could spot a few guards at the perimeter. They look tired, but their roaming eyes still show them alert.

The camp is just about to wake up. Here and there, adventurers crawl out and bleary-eyed greet the day. For once, I am hardly worth a second look. Most are too tired still to pay attention to-

Never mind. Someone just catcalled me. Not the greeting I was hoping for. Though I had expected it a little. Why should Maynard Mansion be different than Kingswood Forrest?

Speaking of greetings. One of the Little Mules is lowering its ramp. Maybe I can introduce myself before they open their shop. If I really stay here for five rotations I better make sure my fellow void-traders aren't hating me. The Little Mule in question is emerald green with silver accents. A nice combination. Don't you think so too? I can see a woman rummage around her storage bay. Better hurry up before she ducks deeper into her ship.

"Sorry, hun. Ain't open yet."

"I apologize for disturbing you so early. My name is Lillyn and I am the new void-trader. I just landed and thought I say hi."

"Well, look at you." She is putting her hands on her hips and is mustering me from head to toe. Well, two can play that game. She's a redhead with freckles, with a deeper tan than you might expect. At once my eyes are drawn to her. She has these deep violet irises. Quite extraordinary. Maybe to match the eyes she is wearing a loose dress in lavender. Her shoulders are bare and most of her chest too. This is the kind of dress I want to avoid by any means. She has a few years on me. Maybe in her late thirties.

"My name is Awyn. I specialize in weapons."

She's offering her hand over the counter. Not to trade a soul item, but for a handshake. Strange how one can travel to a new world and meet new cultures. Yet still find things that are the same. Of course, I shake her hand.

"I specialize in potions and consumables. Though my stock is still a little limited."

"As long as you have health and mana potions you should be fine. These are the potions most needed. Marro, the trader whose place you are taking, often complained that most of his stock is gathering dust."

I give her a grateful nod. Her information lines up with my expectations. Good to know it as confirmed.

"Well, I won't keep you for long. I just wanted to introduce myself before this day gets busy."

"Come by in the evening. Then we can talk more."

I give her a wave and walk off. Perfect timing as another Little Mule is lowering its ramp. It is the furthest away from my own and I have to walk past one that is pure black with white marbling. A little ominous and it gives me the creeps. Why would anyone choose this as their Little Mule's color when you can have something colorful and vibrant. For example, the one I am walking to is cinnabar red with copper accents. It stands out by a mile and draws the eyes.

"Excuse me. Can I have a moment of your time?"

The void trader turns around and gives me a quick look. Then a more appreciative one. I swear if he starts drooling I'll jump over his counter and punch him in the face.

"For you, I'd make time. Welcome to Xarestes Armor. I have just the right armor for you girl. Keeping your vital bits safe and showing enough skin to turn some heads. Parties will line up to invite you to join them."

What a creep. Damn, I involuntary took a step back or two. Was that dude in his fifties hitting on me? And who in their right mind wants revealing armor? Shouldn't one be decked out from head to toe if they venture into something dangerous? Growing up, my brother had a comic book poster up the wall with some red-headed woman in a bikini of chainmail. I always found it stupid and teased him for it. At least, until he took it off the wall.

"I think you got the wrong idea. My name is Le-" Wait, the wrong name. "Lillyn and I am the new void-trader."

"So you are the gal. I was wondering who'd take Marro's place. No one in the guild could tell me about you. And I asked a lot of people. Aren't you a bit too young to service Maynard Mansion? What guild rank are you?"

My what? Iren hadn't mentioned anything about guild ranks. Essie too.

"I don't think I have one yet."

"Then how did you-"

That creep is eyeing me again. Damn, I hate that. At least, I am not running around in that revealing jumpsuit anymore.

"I see. New to the trade. Short on void-favors. So you paid for the spot by other means. Normally I'd protest, but looking at you- Well, if you want me to teach you a few things about being a void trader then I think we can come to an agreement."

Oh, the nerve of that guy. I didn't sleep around to get where I am now. How dare he insinuate I did.

"I didn't sleep with anyone! Iren believes in my potential and-"

"Iren? Gal don't be ashamed. That cougher had plenty of girls in her bed. When she was younger she had a flock of them always around her. If she landed you then it only shows she still got it."

Wait, what? Iren is a lesbian playboy? She didn't give off that vibe to me. Hell, she did her best to unload me as quick as possible. Should I be offended that she didn't hit on me? I think I am getting distracted.

"I. Didn't. Sleep. With. Iren. Or anybody else. I specialize in potions and I wouldn't be here if I couldn't service the customers around here!"

Without another word, I am stomping off that jackass ramp. How dare he insult me like that? Is that what I have to look forward to? To be belittled at every step I take. That every accomplishment they chalk up to me using my body? Damn this makes me angry.

Thankfully, that black Little Mule is still closed. I don't think I have it in me to face another person for a while. Time to get my shop open and show them that I have the right to be here. But first, I have to calm down. Right now, I'd probably tear off the first customer's head.

Just give me a little space.

Talk to you in a bit.

....

....

"I take fourteen fast-health, two health-regeneration, and two mana-regeneration potions."

Guys, business is booming. Okay, I did open a little late, but since then I had customers non-stop. Heck, there is still a line and I can't even see the end of it.

"That will be three hundred and twenty-eight void favors."

A handshake later and I have a tidy little profit. While the sums are high you have to keep in mind that most of these void-favors go into the void to draw out more inventory. The little mark-up from the amount the void wants is my profit. In this case, forty-four void-favors.

A handshake later I am ready for the next customer.

"Welcome to Lillyn's potions and consumables. Do you have items to void?"

I am not exactly sure why some junk is worth void-favors and others aren't. The adventurer before me dumps a pile into my lap. Figuratively, not literally. A stack of eighty-two "tarnished silverware" is still just one floating hologram in soul-inventory form. Adventurers could carry a shit-ton around without trouble. I wish we had the soul-inventory system back on Earth. Maybe I wouldn't have so much back pain every time I helped a friend move apartments.

And the adventurer is done unloading the junk that he collected from Maynard Mansion. Now he has over one thousand void-favors more to his name. Nearly two thousand if it hadn't been for my cut. The business fee for voiding the junk for him. Still, that was a lot of void-favors. No wonder they could spend so much on potions.

I think I figured out how the economics of this place works. If I peek out of my Little Mule then I only see an occasional customer go to Awyn's or Xarestes' Little Mules. Not enough to even warrant a waiting line. They all come to me first. I make a killing voiding junk and a small bonus for selling potions. Then, my customers go over them and spend their hard-earned void-favors on weapons or armor. Probably with a heavy mark-up by my colleges.

All that leaves the voiding work to me. I'd might complain in a rotation or two, but right now I am happy. Ecstatic really. Which trader doesn't like to see a line of customers eager to do business with them? I certainly don't mind.

Speaking of my customer line. Why are a few walking out suddenly?

"Hey, what is going on? Why are they leaving?"

My current customer looks behind himself and then off to something outside of my Little Mule.

"Pasus is opening his shop. You are new here and probably don't know. We never know when he opens his shop and for how long. If someone needs something from Pasus they better hurry and get it now. Don't worry, they'll be back. All they lose is their place in line here."

"Thanks for telling me. I haven't met that Pasus fellow yet."

Whoever he was, that Pasus must have extraordinary stock to warrant this irregular behavior. I mean who can afford to open whenever they want for how long they are in the mood for? Intriguing. Very intriguing.

"Now, what potions do you need?"

It looks like I will be busy for a while here. Talk to you all later.

....

....

"Thank you for your purchase. Please come again."

Finally! That was the last customer. This had been a very profitable day, but very tiring. Looking out of my Little Mule I can see the shadows growing. I guess in about a full bell the sun will set. Where did the time go? Damn, I am hungry now. I didn't even have a lunch break. Only juice and water kept me hydrated. Time to close up and get something between my teeth.

I wonder-

The ramp of that Pasus guy's mule is still down. Maybe food can wait a bit longer. Time to satisfy my curiosity. Hopefully, this Pasus isn't a jerk like Xarestes.

As I leave my own Little Mule I can see the camp around me preparing for the night too. Most adventurers gather around campfires and are cooking or grilling. Damn guys, someone is starving here.

Halfway on my way to Pasus, I hear a distant explosion. By now I have gotten used to them. A customer explained to me that they are probably caused by a greater spell. I wonder what monster warrants such a show of force to resort to this level of destruction. And I wonder if I met any of those beasts of mages that are capable of it. Not that I have seen one of those explosions up close, but judging from the booms that roll over the courtyard they must be big. At least now, close to the night, the frequency has lessened.

In the fading light, the spider-like white marbling of the black hull is even harder to see. The Little Mule of Pasus casts long shadows but appears to melt into them too. As I see even the interior is painted in black. Pale light is flickering within in green, blue, and violet. Maybe this is a bad idea. Should I turn around?

Hmm, is no one around? Where is Pasus? Is that snoring I hear?

"Hello? Pasus?"

That clattering to my left just gave me a small heart attack. I thought the lump in the left corner was some stacked burlap sacks. Instead, a figure fust fell on the floor. Is that an overturned stool?

The man quickly rises to his feet and dusts himself off. Where am I? Is this the wrong movie? I expected horror or something. Instead, I get a slapstick comedy. Oh, he is coming over.

"Greetings dear customer to Pasus fantastical wares. Part of the Antesec Family. I was just- Meditating! Yes. How can I-"

Wait a moment. That just a young guy in an oversized robe. What a letdown. With a little too pale skin. Damn, he needs to get out a bunch. Raven black hair and dark eyes. A few more years and he might grow into a handsome man. Now he just looks cute.

I mean adorable. Not cute as in cute. You know. Like a puppy. Shit like that.

Well, he looks frozen solid. I wonder why. Well, not really. I can see where he is looking. I guess it is up to me to break the mesmerizing spell of my twins.

"Hi, I am Lillyn. The new void-trader. I am offering potions and consumables. I thought I swing by and introduce myself."

"Pasus. Of the Antesec family."

"You already said that."

Yep. Puppy. Lost puppy. Who gave such a whelp a Little Mule and let him roam around all by himself?

"Wait? Potions? Aren't you getting in trouble with Marro? That's his part of the market."

Oh, he snapped out of it.

"I am his replacement. He left."

"Is his four rotations contract already up?"

"Apparently. Say what do you sell?"

"Well, I am part of the Antesec merchant family."

Is it just me or is this little chat like walking through quicksand? Do I have to carry it alone?

"It is the third time you said that. Sorry, but I don't know what that means."

"The Antesec merchant family. You know, right? The biggest provider of quality spellbooks and enchanted trinkets."

"Never heard of them. Then again I am not from this neck of the woods. Let's just say I had a very sheltered upbringing and don't know a lot about Besona in general. So, spellbooks? How do they work?"

Damn, that smile. It's like throwing a bone to a mutt. Okay, maybe I should go easy on the dog analogies. But if you could see him, you would say he looks adorable too. I half expect a tail starting to waggle behind him.

"Oh, mages can inscribe spells in them and then cast them a lot quicker in battle. They boost the output too as long as they are infused with a corresponding essence too. The spellbooks the Antesec merchant family provides last longer and are of premium quality. You won't find better anywhere else."

"I see-" No I don't. But by now I have learned to pretend I do or everyone looks down at you. "Interesting. I may have to pick your brain later for details, but I had a long day and no lunch. My stomach demands attention."

"Yeah. Sure. Anytime. Bye."

Walking away I am not sure what is better. If people react like lecherous asswipes to seeing me or like Pasus. He has talked to a woman before, right? Damn, I probably made his day. I think my fifteen-year-old self would approve, but for the wrong reasons. I have to figure out how to deal with situations like these.

But not now.

I am so hungry.

Talk to you tomorrow.



Hey readers,

Cassy_Bee here.

Thank you so much for reading my story and even more so if you voted on the last part's Strawpoll. Forty-two of you did and it gave me a little excitement in these times of living like a hermit. The names "Kayra" and "Lillyn" had a close race with "Kayra" always being one or two votes ahead. Just for Lillyn to pull ahead with three votes on the last day. To be honest, it was my favorite too, but I abstained from voting.

As I had expected less than five votes, I think this little test has been a success. I might do another or two at key moments in the future parts. Giving you all a little say in how this story will progress.

Of course, by now I have decided where the story will lead. The next few parts for Lillyn will take place in and around Maynard Mansion. There are secrets to be uncovered. Just how will Lillyn do so without leaving the safety of her Little Mule? You will see. Just you wait.

And before you know it, familiar faces will make a surprise entrance.

Until then.
Hugs and kisses,
Cassy

up
169 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Finding her feet

Podracer's picture

Lillyn, that is. Even if they are overshadowed a bit. Uh, what I really mean is, she is getting the hang of the trader thing and if she doesn't do anything rash there should be a tidy pile of favours smoothing her future way. It's a good thing she doesn't let culture shock or gender angst get her down.

"Reach for the sun."

Shipping with Pasus!

As you know, I've commented about this to you elsewhere...

Soo~ Shipping Lillyn with Pasus!

1. He's the one other character who's said the most in this chapter...
2. Lillyn thinks he could be hot in the future, and is cute right now.
3. He's not a perv.
4. He's got magic...
5. He's part of an established family... And his family might want to have super magic babies if they have babies. ... If that's a thing that happens.
6. Lillyn already said they're gonna talk more...

...

Reeeally wondering about the fate of the previous Void 13. And woo! Worldbuilding on Magic!

...

Buying some magic gear would be a good way to get some special stuff, for her wares... Chain one magic item into multiple magic items... Magic Swords! Magic Armor...

...

I wonder if the Black and White Mule Colors is special and means "Magic Shop Here!"... ... I wonder why Pasus opens at odd hours...

Shipping? In my serial?

Shipping? In my serial?
It is more likely than you think.

No, wait.
I mean. Lillyn just arrived in a new world, body, and gender.
She isn't ready to date yet. Not to mention that Leon was into women.
So, Lillyn should be too, right?

Also, the last void-trader with an aptitude of thirteen lived centuries ago. So I would guess they died of old age. At least that's one can hope for.

Your last two "I wonder..." will be answered in part 5.
I already wrote the relevant parts.

That's all for now.
The next part will come out early on Friday.

Hugs and kisses,
Cassy.

good day for buisness

she's just gonna have to used to the reactions she gets.

DogSig.png

Profit coming in, but at what cost?

Jamie Lee's picture

Iren said they were going to play dirty, as in maybe getting to the Manison before Marro arrived? If this is the case, and Marro shows up, might that person be past slightly ticked?

Lillyn will be at the Manison for 5 rotations, will it all be trading during the day? What will she do on the off day? Sleep, prep her supplies? Or try and learn more about the Manison?

Others have feelings too.