Thanks Truck-kun For Making Me A Trader - Part 14/27

Printer-friendly version

Damn, it isn't there. Not even a damaged version. Right, you have no idea what I am talking about, my imaginary audience. It's those vexing automata I got from Nardare. I researched all five of them. The last just finished a moment before. Each unlocked a ton of individual parts. Apparently, those automata were highly modifiable and customizable. It explains why they all look different. From all of those parts, I could probably build dozens of individualized automata.

There is just one problem. They all are missing their core. The central piece that makes them tick. Not one research yielded a version of it. Even a damaged version eluded my grasp. Without them, I am stuck with having expensive mannequins. Beautiful ones, but useless. Well, they are poseable. Maybe they come in handy if I ever switch to a purely clothing-oriented shop. Not that I plan to do so.

But I found something out. If I dress them in a garment that affects the body, like those growth enchantment bras, their body is affected too. So, maybe I can use them as a sort of crash test dummies. No more experimenting on myself. At least that is something.

Well, it is time to open my shop. But before then, I have to decide on a new research project. Hmm. Maybe I should give that can of Russian soup a go. Along with the lipstick. Myra probably would love another new color.

Alright. Done.

Time to open my shop.

Talk to you later.

...

...

I heard Dera walking up the ramp before I saw her. It was the unmistakable clicking of high heels on steel. That would be the "Adventurer Boots of the Health-Strider". The knee-high boots that charge up a heal while walking. A side effect of having an enchantment on the boots was that the heel grew. Why? I have no idea. But the pair Dera was sporting had something in length around four to five centimeters. Making it the only pair of high heels in existence on Besona. At least, as far as I know.

"Hey, Lillyn."

"Dera. What brings you here?"

The adventuress gave me a shrug. "Sorry. Not to fulfill your bounty. I am low on health potions and need to stock up."

"Are the Health-Strider boots not working out?"

Well, I thought they might not. Maybe they take too long to recharge or the amount they heal is too low after all.

"Oh, no. They're fine," Dera promptly assured me. "I mean they can't beat the healing of a potion. But they charge up faster than I thought and they make for a good quick emergency heal. However, I think I like them in the evening best. Normally I walk out of a zone with scrapes and bruises too little to waste a healing potion on. Now, I just use up whatever charge I have on the boots. That's pretty nice to have. I am actually considering buying a pair when my trial of them runs out."

"Keep them," I say generously. "As payment for your feedback. I am glad they are working out and maybe I can sell them to a few others. Provided you recommend them to your friends-"

"Definitely!" Dera replied enthusiastically.

And why not? I just gifted her about one and a half thousand void-favors in merchandise. Damn, I am bleeding void-favors lately. First those I paid out to Nardare and now my gift to Dera. Well, I think both can be counted as investments. Dera will be my walking billboard. She just doesn't know it yet.

"In fact, keep me in mind if you ever need another product tested."

Did Dera just say what I think she did? Great. It might be easier to get to the next step planned for her.

"Funny that you would say that because-"

"Yes?"

"I have a new bra to be tested."

"A new bra?" Dera asks with a big grin. "Knowing your previous work, I am all in."

"Oh, don't be so sure," I tell her after leaning in. Tinging my voice in a conspirational tone. "For this bra is unlike any other."

"Come on. Show me," Dera demanded. Practically vibrating on my ramp with excitement. "Don't keep me waiting."

With a flourish, I summon a copy of my "Cross-Strap Bra Of The Shieldmaiden". Laying the garment on the counter before her.

"It's beautiful," Dera commented, but then frowned a little. "But it looks heavy. So much metal."

"Well, it is," I have to admit aloud. "But it is needed. For, you see, this bra has not one, nor two or three, but four enchantment embued into it."

"Woah. That's a lot. On a bra no less. What does it do?"

"How does a personal shield of around nine hundred points sound?"

"Not bad," Dera admitted. "I know a caster who has a bracelet with half as many points. Useful for ranged adventurers. For melee adventurers less so. Even nine hundred points won't make much of a difference to the health points we hoard. But it can soften the danger when rushing into a new room. So, it could have some use."

Interesting. I haven't actually thought of how personal shields would impact different types of adventurers.

"Well, then the second enchantment might be more useful for those with range and don't immediately get beaten up," I admit. "It reduces the decay of a shield by eleven points each bell."

Dera nodded. "My friend hesitates to activate hers regularly. Saving it for an emergency. Because if she activates it early, the decay would eat it up before even seeing action. This might give her more freedom. Not to mention nine hundred points last longer."

Before I can reveal the next enchantment, Dera gives me a sad shake of her head.

"To be honest, Lillyn, this isn't what I had expected from you. Or what a bra can do. I hoped for more along the lines of-"

Her hovering her hands above her breasts and expanding made her meaning pretty clear to me. Well, if she wants a magical boob-job then, oh-boy, I can accommodate.

"Funny that you would say that, because-"

"Yes?"

"You see, it does boost your bosom by twenty percent, but there is a catch. It only activates when a personal shield is active. And it scales. Twenty percent if your shield is at full. Less percent equals less boost."

"Aww, you meany," Dera said while lightly punching my shoulder. "For a moment you had me going there, but shrinking breasts as the shield collapses? That sounds gimmicky and your normal growth-bras do a better job at keeping me well endowed."

"Oh, but you don't know the best part," I assure her with a cat-ate-the-mouse-grin. "The last enchantment boosts all other enchantments by eighty-nine percent if worn by a woman."

"Wait. That means-" Slowly, understanding blossomed in my client's eyes. "That will be around- One thousand and seven hundred points of personal shield. And about twenty points of shield decay reduction." And then there it was. Her eyes grew wide and a mischievous grin appeared on her face. "Forty percent of growth, right?" she simply asked.

"Around thirty-eight," I correct.

"Thirty-eight. Forty. Who cares? You are brilliant, Lillyn. And I get to test it? For real?"

"Yes," I assure her. "And take these with you. Ten shield potions. To top you off when needed. So you can stay close to the max."

"Lillyn, you are the best," Dera exclaimed before giving me an enthusiastic hug. Damn that girl is strong. If she isn't careful, she might break my back.

"Just tell me in a few days how it works out. And do take care of the bra. It's worth over three thousand void-favors."

"Three thousand?" Dera exclaimed while lifting the bra up. "I've never heard of a bra this expensive. A real luxury item you created."

"It's fine. Just remember to actually test it out. Not just parade around with a big chest."

"I will. I will," Dera promised.

After a heartfelt goodbye, I am free to actually care for my other customers. The waiting line is already growing again. But before I do that, let's check on the research again.

Damn, still no success. I mean, I researched the soup just fine. Turns out it is called Borscht. Whatever that is. It failed to recolor the lipstick. So, a bust there. Turns out the can was past its best used by date by ten years. Each research cycle reduced that by two years. Maybe soon I have Borscht that is actually consumable.

But for now, let's switch up the research. Borscht isn't working out. I had hoped to surprise Myra with a new color. Wait, isn't Zitoraxs slime bright yellow? Not a traditional lipstick color, but maybe Myra likes whacky colors. Let's give it a try. At least for one research cycle or two.

...

...

Damn, it is hard to keep my face straight, as I service my last few customers of the day. Just past them, I can see Myra hovering. Practically vibrating with excitement. It's kind of cute.

But, she has to wait. I am a professional. And she can wait for a few customers to be serviced. Of course, once the last one stepped off my Little Mules ramp, Myra practically ran up to me.

Up close, I can see her wearing the blue lipstick I had revived for her. To be honest it gives her a little bit of a goth look. With her matching blue hair and black blouse and skirt. Well, not complete goth. More punkish goth if that makes sense. Not to mention that I have never seen such a bright smile on a goth before.

"My Mom wants to meet you!"

"What?"

I mean. What?! That's a strange way to start a conversation. No "Hello" or "How was your day".

"I projected to my parents a few bells ago. Showing off both of the lipsticks you researched for me. They are impressed. You are hereby courtly invited to stay at their estate in the Conturrus region. If you ever are in the area of course. They'd probably buy a lifetime's worth of products."

Well, that explains it. Myra must be hyped because of her talks with her parents. To be honest, I feel a little jealous and sad. I never was on the best terms with my parents, but the thought of never seeing them again still hurts, you know? I won't ever be returning to Earth and, even if I could, they wouldn't recognize me.

"I will," I promise aloud. "They might even see a new product. One freshly researched."

"Oh, what is it?"

Instead of answering, I summon a copy of my newest lipstick. At once, Myra reaches for it, but I pull away before she can get her fingers on it.

"Not so fast," I say with a Cheshire grin. "This is no ordinary lipstick. And I don't mean the neon yellow color. It is enchanted."

"What? Lillyn, that is amazing. What does it do?"

"See for yourself," I say handing her the lipstick.

Of course, my dear imaginary audience, I haven't forgotten about you. Take a look.

> Gel-Lipstick Of The Healing Kiss <
> This lipstick boasts not only with strange ingredients like Zitoraxs slime. It's wax and the ornate container is enchanted. Making it a new kind of fashion statement for adventurers. <
> Color: Neon Yellow <
> Enchanted: Healing Kiss <
> Active ability: Applied lipstick can be transferred to a target by touch. Draining the user of 3 points of their primary magic pool to heal the target for 69 health points. The efficiency may decrease with the deterioration of applied lipstick.<
> Enchanted: Regenerative Container <
> Passive ability: Restores 2% of the lipstick wax each day up to the original amount. Prevents drying out. <
> 207 void-favors <

Myra gasps as she read the description. "This lipstick never runs out?"

"Well, it can," I assure her. "If you use it too much at once. But still, it will regenerate. At least that is what the description implies."

"Wow," Myra simply commented. "A lipstick that lasts forever. If it only was another color." Myra is giving me a bemused grin. "I am sorry to say, but yellow isn't really my color."

"Yeah, I figured as much." It would look a little silly I have to admit. "Don't you worry. I am working on other colors. This was just a preview of what is possible."

"Lillyn, you're amazing," Myra gushed as she tried to hand me the lipstick back.

"Keep it," as I cup her soft hands with my own and push them back. "Use it as a curioso for your friends or family."

"So many gifts you have given me." Suddenly, Myra is lightly slapping the counter between us. "I nearly forgot! This time, I have a gift for you too. Well, a guard gathered it for me. But I wanted to share something with you. My favorite fruit. Maybe it will even taste better than apples to you."

Color me intrigued. I mean, I could use more variety in my kitchen. There is only so much Hushberry soup one can eat, right?

Myra starts to materialize her gift from her soul-inventory and, at once, I can see it is big. Turns out the guard picked a whole basket full of-

Are those cherries?

Well, no. They look like cherries. But they are big. Grapefruit-sized really. That and pastel pink. In fact, their color reminds me of-

"They're called Papush," Myra explained. "They taste very good, but you should see the trees. They are big and when they blossom their dark pink petals cover the ground. Like a carpet. It is magical."

So, these are Papush in their original form. Why do they look so much like cherries? And the Papush ice cream tastes like cherries too. I've got to try one. Mhm, yes. The fruit itself tastes just like cherries. But there is so much more pulp.

"I take it, you like them?"

"They taste just like fruit from Earth I know. One of my favorites. They look like them too. Well, ours are smaller and very red. In fact, we named a tone of red after them."

Are all those similarities just random chance? Maybe the item description will help.

> Papush (Sweet) <
> A type of fruit researched and cultivated by the void-trader Lucinus Lullus in the Anolia region by crossing a local fruit-tree species with a species of unknown origin. It is praised for its sweet pulp and vibrant color. <
> 15 void-favors <

Strange. It was cultivated by a void-trader? Shouldn't it be a gardener or farmer? But the description is right. It is very sweet and-

Ouch. Oh, it has a seed inside. Doesn't look like a cherry stone too. More like the seed of an Avocado.

"Thank you for this, Myra," I wholeheartedly exclaim. "They may not be the cherries I know from Earth, but at least they taste and smell like them. And now I finally know how a Papush actually looks like."

"Cherries?" Myra asked. "I think I heard that name before. Or read about it. The church stores a lot of information about other worlds in its catacombs. We priestesses are free to do research down there."

"Tell me more about that," I urge her. "But maybe over a nice walk."

"Of course."

"For that, I have to close the ramp, Myra. The one you are standing on."

"Right."

Instead of stepping off the ramp and going to the side entrance, Myra plops down on my counter and swivels over. I guess that's one way to solve the problem.

Well, time to close up shop and go for a walk.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Bye.



Hey, Readers,

Cassy here. I know. I know. 3 weeks for a new update to TTkFMMAT.
I blame work. Or more specifically the few business trips I had.
With a little luck, I should have a few free days coming up.
Hopefully, that equals to new parts coming out on time.

Until then,

Cassy

up
150 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"Oh, but you don't know the

"Oh, but you don't know the best part," I assure her with a cat-ate-the-mouse-grin.

Oooh! Nice back and forth between Dera and Lillyn! Perhaps Dera will let Lillyn finish explaining next time...

After a heartfelt goodbye, I am free to actually care for my other customers. The waiting line is already growing again.

Hmm... So her other customers might've seen bits of all that interaction...

And seeing Myra's visits too... Lillyn's gaining a harem rumor, without intending it??

I can see Myra hovering. Practically vibrating with excitement. It's kind of cute.

Awww! ... I wonder what other people think seeing her out there and so excited...

"My Mom wants to meet you!"

Woo! Meeting the fam! ... Although, just her mom? What about her dad?

HMM...

If she gets an automaton up and running to auto-buy and sell... She could take a vacation for a day or two...

Papush (Sweet)

... Why is it specifically saying that it's sweet?? ... It's like that MacIntosh apple... So, there's other flavors?? ... Lol for the possible eventuality of "Papush (Spicy)".

And how interesting, that the flavor text doesn't know about cherries, apparently...

Instead of stepping off the ramp and going to the side entrance, Myra plops down on my counter and swivels over. I guess that's one way to solve the problem.

They're getting closer! Literally!

I wonder what secret Church Knowledge will be discussed on the walk...

...

Neon Yellow

I thought Lillyn was saying words that Myra wouldn't know, with "Neon Yellow", but wow. It's in the item description.

> Enchanted: Regenerative Container <

Wait... Lillyn could get this on food, water, potion, and other containers! HMM... Endless Ice Cream! ... Hmm... How is Besonaian Magical Dentistry??

Lol if the thing Lillyn wants next from the church, is toothbrush and toothpaste.

...

They are big and when they blossom their dark pink petals cover the ground. Like a carpet. It is magical."

Cherry Blossoms! Aww!

entertaining as always, first

entertaining as always, first she had magic bras that increase bust size then magical boots that regenerate health now she upgraded the bras to battle armor with healing enhancements and upped the growth. what's next panties that give you a more curvier derriere or perhaps garters and stockings that increase leg strength? or now that she's branching out into cosmetics maybe it will be nail polish or eyeshadow.

Anyone else thing a soul

Anyone else thing a soul crystal goes in the slot for a core?