My Summer in Pantyhose Chapter 21

Printer-friendly version

During the short drive to church, Julie and his mother chatted about which stores they should visit later at the mall. Julie was angling to get herself some new shoes. Jamie ran his hands over his midsection. The control top certainly squeezed his tummy, but in a good way. The longer he wore hose with tummy control, the more he liked the feeling. It was like experiencing a gentle but constant hug. He decided he would ask his mother for some more control top pantyhose.

His mother and sister were still discussing their planned shopping trip as the three of them crossed the parking lot. They reached the sidewalk the moment Megan's mother dropped Megan off.

Jamie felt his pulse quicken when he saw Megan. It went without saying that he thought she was beautiful but when she wore a dress and heels, he thought she looked stunning. The fabric clung to her curves, especially her behind and breasts. And her legs seemed to be never ending pillars of beauty. And she was his girlfriend. She had kissed him. He still could not quite believe it.

Julie's laughter shocked him out of his stupor. "Close your mouth, Jamie, or you'll start drooling."

Megan waved as they approached.

Jamie waved back. He suddenly felt shy and unsure of himself. Megan appeared to be so much of an adult when she dressed up.

"Just you today?" said Jamie's mother.

"My sister's sick."

"Well I hope she feels better soon."

"I'm certain she will," said Megan. "Very few bugs dare to make her sick for long."

Jamie's mother nodded, clearly not sure what to make of that comment.

"That's a gorgeous dress," said Julie.

Megan thanked her and answered questions about where it came from as she fell in step with them. The sidewalk wasn't wide enough for four so Jamie stepped back to make room for Megan next to Julie. Megan smiled at him as she talked to Julie. He knew he should take Megan's hand and walk with her but he didn't want to seem pushy. Or maybe he was being a coward. What if she doesn't want to hold my hand?

"You're welcome to sit with us," said Jamie's mother as they entered the foyer.

"Thanks. That would be wonderful but I need to talk to someone first. I'll join you in a minute."

Jamie watched her rear as Megan clicked away in her heels.

"Why didn't you say something to her?" hissed Julie.

"I couldn't. You were talking to her."

Julie rolled her eyes. "She's your supposed girlfriend. You could have complemented her dress too."

Jamie sat next to Julie at the end of the pew but left room for Megan. Julie left to say hello to Samantha. His mother studied the bulletin. Jamie looked around to find Megan. He desperately hoped she wasn't talking to some guy.

"Hey." Megan surprised Jamie when she stepped around the edge of the pew from behind. She fixed her dress as she sat. Jamie stared blatantly at her exposed knee and thigh. He didn't dare touch them, though the idea of running his hand over the silky fabric covering her knee and thigh would be heaven. He wished his legs were exposed the way Megan's were instead of hidden under pants. It would be something else for them to share. Could he wear shorts to church if he had dressier ones? He didn't think he would have the courage.

"Did the cat steal your tongue?" said Megan.

"Oh, no. I'm sorry." Jamie's mouth hung open, looking as guilty as a little boy with his hand in the proverbial cookie jar.

Megan leaned close enough for Jamie to smell her perfume and tooth paste she had used. "It's okay to stare at my legs," she whispered. "It's kinda cute."

Jamie nodded. "Who were you talking to?" He tried to sound casual, but he thought it came out sounding needy.

"No one. I was looking for Melissa's friend Carla but I couldn't find her. Between you and me, my sister isn't sick. I don't know what scam she's playing."

"I hope it's not bad for you."

"I'm no rookie when it comes to her schemes. Just wish I had an inkling. Her friend Carla can't keep a secret. Don't ever tell her anything."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Megan," said Jamie's mother. "Will you need a lift home?"

"Thanks. That would be wonderful. Save my mother a trip."

Jamie noticed Megan's hand only a few inches from his. He placed his fingers on the back of her hand. She smiled and interlaced her fingers with his.

"Are those new shoes?" said Megan.

"Oh, yeah. My mom made me wear them." Jamie instinctively bent his ankles under the pew.

"Don't hide them. Hold them out so I can see."

Jamie stretched out his legs so the shiny black shoes were on full display.

"Ooh. Are those mary janes? They're cute on you."

"Do you like his shoes?" said Jamie's mother. "I could hardly get him to wear them this morning."

"They're cute. I like them."

"Maybe you can convince him to like them."

Megan laughed. "I'll try. I didn't know they made mary janes for boys."

Jamie's mother smiled and tapped the side of her nose.

Jamie wasn't sure what that meant but Megan seemed to know. He was simply glad she hadn't said they had come from the girl's department.

Julie's arrival, sliding past their mother, put a merciful end to any more discussion of his shoes.

"Is it okay if Samantha comes to the mall with us?"

"It's your brother's shopping trip. Do you mind, Jamie?"

"Uh, no, she can come." He liked Samantha and he figured anything that made Julie happy would be good for him.

"You're going shopping? You didn't tell me?" Megan said.

"Yeah. Mom's buying the little heathen some dressier clothes for work. You want to come too?"

"Julie. Megan is Jamie's friend, not yours."

"He doesn't say anything."

"Can I come too?" Megan asked. "You were going to ask me, right?"

"Of course," said Jamie. "You can come if you want to. I mean I would like you to come."

"Good, because I want to."

"This is turning into one epic shopping trip." Julie nudged Jamie's arm.

Truth be told, Jamie wasn't certain he wanted Megan along. He didn't want her to see him in any embarrassing outfits. On the other hand, she had seen him in that sissy outfit from the barbecue already and it would be good to hear her opinion on any items his mother picked out.

Organ music signaled the beginning of service. Jamie held Megan's hand the entire time except when he was holding the hymnal for her. He also sneaked glances at her legs, which she crossed and recrossed during the sermon. The sound of pantyhose-clad legs sliding over one another pricked his attention every time. She slipped her shoes off at one point and treated him to a view of her nylon-clad feet and pedicure. Jamie didn't want the service to ever end.

As they filed out of the church, Jamie took Megan's hand. "Your dress is very pretty."

"Thank you. Your shoes are very pretty too." Megan giggled.

That wasn't what a boy wanted to hear from a girl, but he considered anything that made Megan smile in his direction a good thing at some level.

"We're going to have lunch with my grandmother before we go to the mall. Do you want to have lunch with us?"

"Sure. If it's okay with your grandmother."

"She wants to meet you. I've told her about you."

"And what have you told her?"

Jamie blushed and stumbled through an "Oh, I don't know." This wasn't where he wanted this conversation to go. He just wanted to sit beside Megan at lunch.

As so often was the case, Megan saved him from his awkwardness. Jamie's mother was walking beside Megan. Julie had gone off in another direction to meet Samantha.

"Jamie has invited me to lunch. Will that be okay with his grandmother?"

"Oh, I'm certain she'll be more than happy to meet you. Do you need to change at home?" said Jamie's mother.

"No, this is a comfy dress. I just need to pop in and tell my mom what we're doing."

Jamie's mother unlocked their car and walked around to the driver's side.

Jamie felt like he should say something. He didn't want Megan to find him boring.

"Did you notice my mother, sister, and I are all wearing black pantyhose?"

Megan laughed as she got into the backseat. Jamie scooted to the middle.

"I did notice. Did you plan it?"

"Yes. I guess." Jamie wondered if coordinating pantyhose with his mother and sister sounded weird.

"Did we plan what?" asked Jamie's mother.

"Jamie said you all planned to wear black pantyhose to church today."

"I told Jamie to wear black and decided his sister and I might as well match," said Jamie's mother.

"I guess I should have worn black but that wouldn't go with this dress."

"No," said Jamie's mother. "It's a lovely dress. Finally, there's Julie and Samantha."

Jamie's sister and her best friend slid into the car, Julie in front and Samantha next to Jamie. Samantha was wearing a solid, mustard-color above-the-knee skirt with a wide belt and a white blouse. Her pantyhose were taupe, a shade darker and browner than suntan. On her feet, she wore low-heeled brown sandals.

Once again Jamie was wedged between two beautiful girls. Samantha crossed her legs, causing her skirt to expose more of her thigh. Jamie pulled his gaze away to find Samantha grinning at him. He turned to Megan and saw that she too had crossed her legs and tugged her dress up a few inches to show more of her thigh. Jamie took Megan's hand and squeezed it. There were five people in this car and they were all wearing pantyhose, including him, the lone guy, and no one seemed to think it was odd. He was coming to realize that his mother had given him a wonderful gift when she said his "punishment" would be wearing pantyhose for the whole summer. When summer ended, he felt certain he wouldn't want to or be able to take them off, but that was months away. Megan's perfume smelled so good and her hands felt so soft.

"Are you shopping with us too?" asked Samantha.

"Yes," answered Megan. "And lunch too."

Samantha thumped Jamie on the shoulder. "Somebody's going to have a whole new wardrobe when we finish with him."

"That's right," said Julie. "And I'm going to have some new shoes."

There was laughter all around as the car sped toward Megan's house. Jamie wondered what a whole new wardrobe implied. Wasn't he just getting some new shorts and maybe a nicer shirt?

~o~O~o~

Megan walked through the kitchen toward the dining room, toward the sound of her mother and sister. The hard soles of her wedge sandals clacked on the tile floor. The kitchen smelled of chicken soup. Canned, she guessed. Her nylons swished as her legs brushed together inside her dress. She had considered bringing Jamie with her but that would have been stacking the deck in her favor. Her mother would never openly insult someone. She wanted her mother to understand.

As expected, she found her mother and sister at the dining table, across from each other. Her mother was dressed in her casual Sunday wear of denim slacks, white top, and oversized blouse--untucked and unbuttoned. Her sister wore her robe. A mint green pajama top peeked out at the neck. Melissa held a half-eaten cracker above a cup of chicken noodle soup.

"Megan," said her mother. "There's more soup and how about a chicken salad sandwich to go with?"

"Sorry, Mom. But, I kind of made plans for lunch and the afternoon. We didn't have anything on did we?" Megan noticed her sister's eyes twitch, but not with annoyance as she would expect, rather something more like anticipation. She ignored it.

"Oh, well, no. I was hoping you could help me with those tiger lilies but they can wait until you get home. How long will you be and what are you doing anyway?"

"I'm having lunch with Jamie and his family. They want me to meet his grandmother and then we're all going shopping together."

"Jamie? Again?"

Melissa did a poor job of stifling a laugh.

"Eat your soup." Megan's mother turned back on Megan. "Didn't I tell you not to do something with them after church? I thought I saw them when I dropped you off. Well you'll just have to call and say you can't make it."

"Actually, they're waiting for me out in the driveway."

Megan's mother closed her eyes and tapped her fingernails on the table.

Megan rubbed her legs together. Melissa was struggling not to laugh. Megan so wished she knew what the girl was up to.

"I'm sorry you don't like Jamie. I'm sorry he doesn't rise to your standards, but he's very sweet and I like him, and his family is nothing but kind to me. There's nothing objectionable about them."

"Do you really want people to think he's your boyfriend? I'm sure there are plenty of other boys who would love to go out with you."

"I don't want to go out with them. Besides, this isn't a date. I'm having lunch and going shopping. They're being kind to invite me."

"He wears pantyhose! Do you want your best friend to be a sissy."

Melissa lost the battle to control her giggles.

"Do you think your sister's reputation is funny?"

"No, mother. But if she hangs out with a sissy it's going to be."

"Thanks, Melissa. I'll be sure to side with Mom when she chooses your friends."

"Stop it, you two." Megan's mother closed her eyes, breathed in deeply, and then let it out. "Go have lunch. Go shopping. Enjoy yourself. We will talk more about this tonight. Understood?"

Megan nodded. "Thank you."

"Be back before dinner." Megan's mother shouted at Megan's back. "At six sharp."

Megan smiled as she passed through the kitchen. That hadn't gone too badly. Touch and go for a moment, but mostly it had gone to plan. Tonight, ugh, that would be a new battle.

~o~O~o~

Jamie's grandmother met them at her front door as Jamie, Julie, Samantha, and Megan crowded behind Jamie's mother on the narrow porch.

"Hi, Mom," said Jamie's mother. "We've brought quite a crowd today. Hope you don't mind."

"Oh that's quite alright. Come in, come in." Grandma stepped aside.

Jamie filed in behind Samantha and ahead of Megan. Everyone paused to take off their shoes. As soon as he entered the house Jamie smelled the rich scent of brown gravy and roast beef. He suddenly felt very hungry. He noticed his pink fuzzy slippers and cringed. Maybe he could just go in his stocking feet like everyone else.

"Now I know Samantha, but who is this pretty young lady?"

"This is Megan," said Jamie's mother. "Jamie's friend."

"And I've heard so much about you."

Megan said all the right things, and did so with ease and confidence.

"Well, lunch is ready so let's eat. Jamie, will you put out two more place settings. And don't forget your slippers."

Megan looked at Jamie and then at the pink slippers. She pointed and mouthed "Those?"

Jamie nodded. Megan grinned. Not mocking, but amused.

Jamie didn't want to argue with his grandmother and the slippers were already out of the bag now. He slipped his feet inside their fuzzy softness.

"Jamie's here every day during the week to keep me company, so we bought him his own slippers to wear so he doesn't snag his hose."

"That's a good idea," said Megan.

Grandma complemented Megan on her dress as Jamie sped toward the kitchen to retrieve the additional place settings.

"Jamie," said his mother as she entered the dining room, "you should go change before we eat so you don't spill something on your church clothes."

"Mom. I don't spill things."

"The laundry tells a different story, I believe." Jamie's mother smiled and tilted her head. "Go on. Megan will save a seat next to her."

Jamie blushed. He darted a glance at Megan, who grinned with what he hoped was sympathy. With his duffel bag in hand, he hurried off to a spare bedroom to change.

He left the bedroom door open a few inches. Conversation and laughter drifted down the hall but Jamie couldn't understand enough to know if they were talking about him. He had to admit that was a stupid and self-centered thought. Why did he think every conversation was about him? Megan's presence was making a difference. As he stripped off and folded his church clothes, he caught sight of himself in a mirror on the closet door and turned to face it, standing there in his black control-top pantyhose and nothing else. The pantyhose looked natural on him or maybe he had simply grown used to them. With the control-top's tighter fit, one couldn't see he was a boy. Not like I’m big down there. Megan's laughter booted him out of his idle thoughts. He quickly donned the khaki shorts and light gray short-sleeved shirt.

"My, my," said Jamie's grandmother. "Those black nylons look sharp on you."

Jamie thanked his grandmother as he moved past her end of the table.

"They're control-top too," chimed Jamie's mother.

"A little tummy control never hurts," said his grandmother.

"He said he likes the way those pantyhose hug him," his mother added.

"Now you know one of a girl's best kept secrets." His grandmother laughed along with everyone else.

Jamie blushed. Megan grinned at him as he took the chair next to her.

Much of the conversation focused on Megan as his grandmother frequently directed questions at her. Megan bore the scrutiny with poise and skill. Jamie couldn't imagine how he would fair under the same type of scrutiny from Megan's parents.

At one point during the meal, Megan touched his knee and squeezed it. Jamie jerked with surprise and his mother stared at him quizzically for a moment. Megan stifled a giggle. Jamie wondered if she wanted him to return the gesture. They had kissed in the car after the barbecue. The thought of rubbing Megan's nylon-covered thigh excited him but he held back acting on the desire. He was certain his mother wouldn't approve. And what if Megan thought he was being too forward, creepy even?

Jamie and Julie cleaned the dishes and loaded the dishwasher while the others chatted in the living room.

"Megan's certainly charmed Grandma," said Julie.

"I know. She's so good at being social." Jamie swallowed hard and spat out the question. "Do you think she really likes me as a boyfriend?"

"Megan?"

"Who else? She kind of said so after the barbecue when I asked her if she was my girlfriend."

Julie giggled. "Well then yes, she likes you, you dolt. Why else would she be here?"

"I know we're friends but do you think she really likes me as a boyfriend?"

Julie stopped scraping the plate she held. "If that's what she says.... I don't know. Relationships take time to develop, you know. If she doesn't already, I think her feelings are headed in that direction. She's awfully kind to you, but--"

"But what?"

"Well, you're kind of wimpy and shy around her. I mean at church this morning it took you forever to talk to her. If she's told you she's your girlfriend then why are you so shy with her. You need to show her how you feel. A girl likes to feel desired, you know what I mean?"

"I guess so." Now Jamie figured he had seriously messed up when he didn't squeeze her thigh in return. Too strong versus too weak. How would he ever know how to act around Megan. She had initiated the kissing in the car. He realized Megan initiated everything.

"Put your arm around her or hold her hand. That would be a good start. And if you get a moment alone with her today, which I'm certain you will, ask her out. Take her to get ice cream or a sandwich. Go to a movie. Just do something. I'm certain she won't say no."

"Okay. I'll do it. Thanks, Julie."

"Anything to help my little brother."

~o~O~o~

On the drive to the mall Jamie again sat in the back seat between Samantha and Megan. Julie's advice to "do something" was fresh in his mind. Before his mother had backed the car onto the street, Jamie laced his fingers between Megan's fingers. She smiled and leaned into him, pressing her nylon-clad knee against his and affording him another whiff of her perfume.

He noticed Samantha wave at his sister, who turned to peer into the back seat. Julie gave Jamie a thumbs up sign, which he hoped Megan didn't notice.

Jamie glanced down at this black pantyhose and beige shorts. Walking through the mall wearing black pantyhose was going to be nerve wracking, but he felt he could handle anything with Megan next to him holding his hand.

When they arrived at the mall, his mother, Julie and Samantha walked in front while Jamie and Megan walked close behind, holding hands.

"Can you help me steer mom toward some neutral clothes," whispered Jamie. "I don't know what her deal is."

"She just wants you to look good," whispered Megan. "Don't worry. I'll help. You look pretty sharp as you are."

Jamie shrugged. "I hate these shoes."

"I think they suit the outfit. They're stylish and a bit edgy for a boy but they're not outlandish. You're not wearing heels. What's important is act confident in your clothes. Be proud and who you are. Hold your head up."

"You sound like my mother." Jamie regretted the words as he said them. Surely that was the worst thing he could say to a girl. "I mean that's like something…."

Megan laughed. "I know what you mean, but it's good advice no matter who tells you."

"What's so funny?" said Julie.

"Nothing. Jamie and I are just talking fashion," said Megan.

"And what does Jamie say about it?" Samantha winked at Jamie.

"Girls, stop teasing the poor boy." Jamie's mother opened a door and stood back for the well-dressed group of shoppers to file in.

They had entered through one of the mall entrances as opposed to a store entrance. Jamie immediately felt exposed in the wide corridor and scooted a step closer to Megan. Strong scents of vanilla, lavender, and potpourri assaulted his nose from a kiosk in the center of the corridor displaying all manner of candles. Pop music from the previous decade drifted down the hall. Children laughed at a play area nearby.

"I thought we would start at Halbots. They should have a good selection of work-friendly outfits."

Jamie wanted to suggest heading back to the car but Megan nodded her approval.

"You mind if Samantha and I check out some shoes first?" asked Julie. "You said I could get some."

Jamie's mother rolled her eyes. "Alright. If you don't find us at Halbots, try Willards."

"We'll find you." Already chattering, Julie and Samantha hurried away as if they needed to escape before Jamie's mother changed her mind.

"I guess it's just us three then." Jamie's mother took off in the direction of Halbots, a smaller-sized shop that specialized in clothes for the working and stylish woman.

Jamie and Megan followed a step behind. He felt more apprehensive as they approached the mall's central traffic-way and he was pissed at his sister for running off. He had counted on Julie and Samantha to screen him. He expected the woman managing the kiosk to laugh or stare but she gave them only a bored once over as they walked past.

Megan shook his hand. "Head up. Be confident."

"I'm trying."

The mall was crowded with Sunday afternoon shoppers as Jamie had feared, but most people seemed distracted. They were talking or looking in store windows. A few seemed to be lost. He held his head up as Megan had told him. His confidence grew. No one appeared to give him any notice. He began to wonder if anyone even noticed he was a boy wearing shorts with black pantyhose. Then he saw three teenybopper girls approaching. One looked directly at him. Her eyes traveled up and down his body. She turned to her friends and gestured toward Jamie. The three looked his way and burst into shrieks of giggles as Jamie passed them. So much for no one noticing.

"Ignore them," Megan said. "Girls that age will giggle at anything."

They arrived at Halbots without further incident, and had barely set foot in the store when a saleswoman about Jamie's mother's age approached. She wore a dark green dress with a hem at her knees and low-heeled sling-backs. Jamie suspected she was wearing nude pantyhose. The name on her badge read ‘Clara’.

"Hello, may I help you find something?" Clara focused her attention on Jamie's mother.

"Yes." Jamie's mother turned to direct attention at Jamie. "My son here has a part-time job for the summer in retail. I'm thinking to find him some classier looking shorts and blouses. Anything to get them out of jeans and t-shirts, you know."

"Oh." Clara looked Jamie up and down. The noticeable pause seemed to go on forever.

Jamie wondered if she would call security and cast them out, if his mother had made a huge blunder.

"Right," said Clara, achieving a full recovery of her wits. "Smart and professional. Is that what you're looking for?"

"Precisely," answered Jamie's mother.

"Well, I believe we have just what he needs. This way, please."

Megan squeezed Jamie's hand and grinned at him. They followed Clara deeper into the racks of feminine clothing.

Clara and his mother discussed various selections of tweed shorts that they pulled off a rack. Megan looked too, sliding the metal hangers along the metal rails, creating that screeching sound.

Jamie felt overwhelmed. Part of him wanted to run, but these women acted as if picking out women's clothes for him was the most normal activity in the world. And then he saw the top of a hosiery display near the back of the store. His gaze locked on all those thin packages pressed together with their tops poking above the counter. That was the whole reason he was here. Pantyhose. What different styles and shades were available? Even more amazing was the thought that his mother would likely buy him some if he screwed up the courage to ask.

"Earth to Jamie."

Jamie turned to Megan. "Yes? Sorry."

"Don't float away on us. What do you think of these?" Megan held a pair of high-waisted blue shorts with two rows of gold buttons up the front against Jamie's waist.

The last thing he wanted to do was contradict Megan, but these looked a bit too feminine for his taste. Before Jamie could figure out how to offer an opinion, his mother jumped in with her own.

"Oh, those are cute. Let's add them to the pile."

Cute? Was that the look these women were going for? Jamie noticed a mound of shorts draped over his mother's arm. He groaned inside. It would take the whole afternoon to try all those on.

"The fitting rooms are over here," said Clara. "I'll check if one is available."

"Isn't this fun?" said Megan.

"I guess so. I hate trying on clothes." Jamie cast a longing look at the hosiery display as they followed Clara.

"Can't be helped," said Megan.

Jamie's mother followed him into the cramped changing room.

"Mom, I can change clothes myself." Megan's out there, was what he wanted to say, but didn’t.

"Of course you can. I'm just separating these according to size."

After some fussing, she stepped out, leaving Jamie with three piles. The top pair in the first pile didn't fit. He couldn't button the waist. He informed them through the door and his mother instructed him to try the next pile.

Jamie listened as he pulled a pair of gray and black shorts up his nylon-clad legs. The shorts ended at mid-thigh, which he considered a bit short. There was a lot of his legs on display.

"Are you, his sister?" said Clara.

"No," said Megan with a laugh. "I'm his ... girlfriend."

"I see."

Jamie thought Clara was being awfully nosy. He buttoned the waist and then stepped out.

"Oh, my goodness," said Jamie's mother. "Those look wonderful. Spin around for us. What do you think, Megan?"

"Those are keepers. So cute," said Megan.

"They really suit him," said Clara. "It's a good look. I didn't think the hips would flare out much in this style."

"Mom, aren't these kindof short?"

"Oh no, not at all. Don't you want to show off your legs?"

The three women laughed.

"Try on the ones I picked out," said Megan.

Jamie put on the high waisted shorts with the buttons and for the first time dealt with side-zippers. These were snugger, shorter, and fit tighter in the crotch, which, thanks to his control tops, was relatively flat. More than the previous pair, these made him feel very feminine from the waist down.

"Those look amazing," Megan gushed. His mother and Clara concurred.

Jamie wanted to like them because Megan had selected them, but he couldn't stop thinking they screamed feminine. He decided not to disagree. What if he hurt Megan's feelings?

A woman and her daughter stopped their browsing and peered around a clothes rack to see the cause of the commotion. They looked directly at him then grinned at each other and raised their eyebrows.

When Jamie was done trying on shorts, his mother held five pairs for purchase. They followed a similar process with tops. Jamie's wardrobe expanded to include five blouses--two with short and three with three-quarter length sleeves. The haul also included a couple lightweight turtlenecks--one white and one a light red.

"Are you interested in looking at some skirts or skorts?" said Clara.

Jamie's mother laughed. "I don't think he's ready for those. Maybe next time."

Jamie sighed with relief. Megan squeezed his hand.

"Uh, Mom." Jamie leaned close to his mother to whisper in her ear.  "Can we look at the pantyhose?"

"Of course, we can."

Clara smiled and looked askance; no doubt anxious for an even larger commission.

"He wants to look at the pantyhose."

Clara grinned broadly. "Right this way."

"You are enjoying this, aren't you?" whispered Megan.

"I enjoy shopping with you." Jamie was proud that he came up with something pleasing to Megan.

"We have a good selection," said Clara. "Sheers, opaques, patterned tights. Anything catch your eye?" She directed the question directly at Jamie.

"Uhm." Jamie felt overwhelmed with the choices. He noticed the woman behind the register surreptitiously watching.

"I think he wants some more control tops." His mother picked out a package and flipped it over to view the size chart. "Do these run big or small?"

“Big,” Clara advised her.

"How about these herringbone tights?" said Megan. "They would look cute with your dark gray shorts."

"They certainly would," said his mother.

Jamie wished he could spend some time alone with the display to look through all the options. All he could do was nod as his mother and Megan held selections under his nose.

"Does he like pantyhose in particular?" said Clara.

"Yes," said Jamie's mother. "I came home early on day and found him wearing mine. I told him I didn't mind if he wore nylons but they had to be his, not mine. He's been wearing them every day since."

Jamie didn't think any of what his mother revealed was any of Clara's business.

"Ah, I see." Clara smiled at Jamie and winked. "Not many boys would be brave enough to show their feminine side. Do your friends give you a hard time?"

"Not his real friends," said Megan.

"Some do, some don't," Jamie said. He wondered if reactions would change once he appeared in these new outfits.

They left the store with Jamie carrying a large shopping bag with Halbots proudly displayed on both sides. "They're your clothes, so you carry them," his mother had said. In addition to the shorts and tops, Jamie's new wardrobe included four pairs of control top pantyhose and two pairs of patterned tights.

"Where is your sister?" said Jamie's mother. "I guess she'll just have to find us at Willards."

The trio made their way along the mall's central walkway. Jamie intertwined his fingers with Megan's. He was reminded of the purpose of this shopping trip with each step as the shopping bag with his new clothes crinkled as it brushed against his leg. His emotions were a mess. He felt conspicuous walking in the crowded mall in black pantyhose and mary janes. He felt a lingering sense of humiliation from trying on all the clothes in Halbots, and Clara's probing questions. But he would be lying to himself if he didn't admit that when considered in hindsight, the whole scene had given him a thrill, a noticeable quickening of the pulse. An erotic thrill maybe? He found this positive thrill was replacing the original negative sense of embarrassment as he replayed what had happened. He also felt elated to be so close to Megan, to be in constant contact with her. And she had admitted to Clara that she was his girlfriend.

A pair of young girls sitting on a bench stared at Jamie. The girls got the attention of three other girls sitting on a bench facing the opposite direction and pointed at Jamie. He felt their stares and bowed his head, thankful that Megan was walking between him and the girls. A chorus of giggles accompanied his passing.

"Hey sexy," called one of the girls. "Love your pantyhose." More shrieks of giggles followed.

Jamie squeezed Megan's hand harder than he intended.

"Ow!"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean--"

"It's okay. Don't let those silly girls get to you. Seriously, they're just jealous that your legs look better than theirs."

"I guess that's a good thing." Did he want his legs to look better than a girl's legs? His gaze traveled down Megan's nylon-clad gams. He felt he could stare at her glorious legs all day.

"Of course, it's a good thing. You're going to look so cute in all your new outfits." Megan swung his arm. "I told you this would be fun."

Jamie's mother stopped at the entrance to Willards. "Your sister can be exasperating. Well, let’s go. We may have to send out a search party later."

"Aren't we done shopping?" said Jamie.

His mother led them toward the junior's department and the sleepwear.

"I'm thinking you might want something softer and lighter to sleep in with summer coming on."

"I'm fine with my t-shirts."

"You won't know until you try something new. Isn't that right, Megan?" His mother looked through some satin camisole and sleep short sets.

"Feel the material," said Megan. "It feels super great to sleep in. Believe me."

Jamie rubbed the slick fabric between his thumb and finger. The filmy material looked and felt painfully close to lingerie.

"This should work." Jamie's mother held a powder blue camisole with spaghetti straps against his chest. "What do you think, Megan?"

"I like it. I have one just like it. The purple one. Here." Megan selected a pale burgundy set in the same style. "We'll match, Jamie. Isn't that cool?"

Megan's enthusiasm was infectious. Jamie couldn't help but smile, but did girls really want their boyfriend to wear matching sleepwear?

"We'll get you a crimson set too." His mother held three of the camisole and tap pants combos. "Let's pay for these and then find your sister."

Jamie was thankful they didn't have lace along the edges.

The cashier looked to be in her fifties with dark brown hair mixed with a few strands of gray. She looked up and smiled when Jamie's mother put the sleepwear on the counter. Jamie and Megan stood back a pace.

"Find what you were looking for?"

"We certainly did."

The cashier held up the pale burgundy set. "Someone's going to be sleeping in style. This fabric is so silky soft. For you?" She addressed the question at Megan.

Jamie wondered why all these cashiers were so chatty. He squeezed Megan's hand, hoping she would just agree with the woman.

"Actually, they're for Jamie, here." Megan nodded her head toward Jamie. "I already have some and you're right. They are divinely comfortable."

"Oh." The cashier looked at Jamie as if noticing him for the first time. Her gaze traveled up and down his legs and body. "I see. Well, I'm certain he'll enjoy them too."

Jamie felt his cheeks flush. Fortunately, the rest of the transaction followed without any embarrassment. Jamie's mother handed the bag to him to carry. Megan helped him place it inside the bag from Halbots. As they walked away, Jamie felt the cashier's gaze on his back. He glanced over his shoulder to find the cashier grinning in his direction.

~o~O~o~

Melissa stood around the corner at the top of the stairs, listening to her father tell her mother about something funny that happened at the golf club. Boring! Fortunately, her father was very long winded when it came to golf anecdotes. The clink of dishes and utensils suggested her mother was preparing a meal for him. Melissa figured she had at least an hour before her mother would be up to check on her again.

She padded quietly toward Megan's room. Melissa had spent the day in her pajamas, lounging, and allowing her mother to wait on her. Not a bad way to spend the day. And Megan's impromptu lunch and shopping trip with sissy-hose Jamie was a godsend. An answer to prayers. Not that she had prayed for anything, but it would have been an answer if she had.

As she entered Megan's room, she couldn't stop herself from giggling. Sissy-hose Jamie. What a great name. There were times when she couldn't believe her own wit.

Melissa resumed her search for Megan's password. So far, the search had been an exercise in frustration. For the second or third time, she felt under Megan's desk. She lowered herself to her knees to extend her reach. Her fingers passed over something slick, over paper.

"Yes!" Melissa covered her mouth.

up
121 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This story has an old fashioned feel to it

Angharad's picture

Can't say I like tights very much but obviously, Jamie does and his girlfriend seems to as well, I suspect he may find them a bit warm when the summer really happens. I wonder if Megan likes gentle boys or does she have her own agenda and what is her horrible sister up to? I guess we'll find out in the next episode. Shame that of 200 plus readers only 7 deigned to give a Kudos and none thought to comment. Some of the readers here are beneath contempt.

Angharad

Sooo

As long as the system here is slanted away from sometimes brutal but honest comments, then there are going to be a lack of kudos and comments on some stories. Neither kudos or comments are automatic. If I don't like what I read then I mostly remain silent.

Before branding us as beneath contempt, consider what we aren't saying.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Selfish readers.

You are right Ang. Too many readers on BC are selfish with their comments. This is a good story and one can tell that Jeremy /Chandler has put some considerable time and effort into it. It's disheartening to see so few comments and kudos.

My take upon this changing nature (as I see it,) is that not so many younger tee-people visit this site because these days younger trans people don't suffer the same degree of trauma and/or abuse in their younger years at school. Consequently they don't empathise with the stories that catalogue the child-hood experiences that many of us older tee-people shared.

It's an excellent story Jeremy, so thank you for your effort.

Beverly.

bev_1.jpg

So much fun

Valcyte's picture

And I am exhausted from staying up late catching up with Jamie and friends by rereading from this from start to finish. Can’t wait until Jamie gets more confidence. Hoping for a long summer.

Val

Can't wait

Patricia Marie Allen's picture

I'm looking forward to Jamie wearing his new outfits to work and the reaction that Tabitha will have. I'm betting in the end the Melissa will do enough damage that Jamie will become disenchanted with Megan and that Tabitha will be more his style by the time school starts.

Just finished reading this chapter and I'm already jonesing for the next. It's a great story so far. Please don't keep us waiting too long for the next installment.

Hugs
Patricia

Happiness is being all dressed up and HAVING some place to go.
Semper in femineo gerunt

Smooth and silky

I started reading this several years ago, then it went dormant, but I started it again from the beginning! I am greatly enjoying the story! Good work in character development and story line!

I am concerned about the mother’s agenda – she keeps pushing Jamie toward more feminine attire with each shopping trip – shoes and blouses! Yes, Jamie should be more vocal but I can image that he doesn’t want to disappoint his mother, and NOW even Megan’s choices.

I always cringe at the end of each chapter because I am expecting something horrible to happen to Jamie, when all he is trying to do is be true to himself. If males aren’t allowed to wear hosiery, then women should be required to. Not that I would advocate such an action.

I know I enjoy wearing hosiery – heck, I’m wearing a pair now – and I agree in the heat of the summer they can be uncomfortable to say the least. But still, I find them sexy and they do feel so nice.

Anyway, Jeremy you are doing a good job with this story.

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

I remember this from FM in

leeanna19's picture

I remember this from FM in 2007!

I'd take heart in the amount of reads over 1,100 on here in a short period is very good.

cs7.jpg
Leeanna

Love this story!

KateElizabethSuhr13's picture

Been following this story since the first like 15 chapters were out. When the last 2 came out after what felt like ages, I was pleasantly surprised to see it continue.

I'll be honest I heard of kudos but didn't not know how to give kudos until I looked closer and saw the thumbs up icon which isn't exactly obvious to press as it's rather small.

Almost

I thought he was going to end up with a business skirt there for a minute, or at least try one. well his mom did say "maybe next time" so lets hope

Mikayla

Glad to see it continued

I first found this story ages ago on probably Storysite, and followed it here but never really imagined I'd see any more than what I'd already read, so imagine my surprise when I came back here after a small hiatus to find new chapters had been posted in my absence! I'm so glad to see more of Jamie's story and can't wait to see where this particular thread goes with Megan's family.

Hi ! What a surprise to see

Hi ! What a surprise to see that after so long many years ( more than ten) you start again to continue your story. I'm the french anonymous who'd translated your story in french, many years ago. I've already save and translated for me your new chapters, I've just discovered four days ago, by coming on this page, just in case... I must confess that I even believed that you'd passed out. I even made some minor adds in my translation:
When Jamie and Megan are at the grand-mother's house, eating the lunch and when Megan put her hand on Jamie's black nyloned knee and that Jamie ask himself if he must or not putting his hand on Megan's nyloned knee, in my own text, I've added that she goes further and rolls up her right pantyhosed leg around Jamie's left pantyhosed leg and they spend the rest of the lunch with their pantyhosed legs intertwined and rubbing together, without anybody around seeing them.And no need to say that Jamie is in heaven, at this time.
an other little add I've wrote in my version:
When they're walking in the mall, after the Halbots shop, and just before the mocking young girls, Jamie has these thoughts:
All along his life, he had been always jealous about girls who could wear pantyhose without hiding their legs, when and where they want. Seeing a girl wearing sheer pantyhose was always a mix of desire and high frustating feelings. Seeing his sister and mother and his sister's best friend wearing pantyhose very often at home had always be a psychic torture for him. Seeing the girl of his dreams wearing pantyhose was an absolute torture too for him. And now, this total and absolute pleasure isn't forbidden for him anymore. He is here, walking on his showed nyloned legs, through this mall, with the help and the love of the girl of his dreams and he doesn't feel frustrated anymore when he cross the way of other pantyhosed ladies or if he sees Megan or his mother or Julie or samantha in sheer nyloned legs. He feels equals to all of them from now on. And some gigglings and mockings laughs, or implied talks about him can't break this absolute happiness.

Can't wait to read the next chapters.