Venus Cursed! - Chapter 28

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 28

"Why did we leave so quickly?" Mike asked once they were back in their living room.

"The Good Magician never gives straight forward answers. He always tells you just what you need to solve the problem. There wasn't any point sticking around and arguing with him. Besides, he might have demanded a year's service from us. I think changing that creature's gender might have counted, but I didn't want to take any chances." Jill replied.

"So I have to accept that I'm female now in order to become male again?" Sarah asked incredulously.

"Sounds like it." Jill agreed.

"I don't get it, from what he said you should already be able to change back." Mike said.

Sarah took a moment to try and change back, even going so far as to slap herself in the face. "Nope, still doesn't work." She replied.

"Maybe if you stop trying to change back, you'll be able to?" Mike said. "That doesn't make any sense, though."

"No, that could be it! Maybe Sarah has to stop trying to change back and just live for a while as a girl. Then once you've really learned what it's like you'll be able to change back!" Jill said excitedly.

Mike shrugged, "I guess that could be it. It's probably best not to change back too fast, anyway. That real life test thing is supposed to give you a chance to figure out if being a girl is right for you, so it would probably look odd if you changed back too quickly."

Sarah slumped down in her chair. "I didn't think of that! So even if I figure out a way to change back tomorrow I'm stuck as a girl for a while?" she wondered aloud.

"Not stuck, but Mike's right. You don't have to go the full year, but it would look strange if you gave it up in a week." Jill said thoughtfully.

"So long as I get changed back before Erica returns, I guess I can deal with it." Sarah said begrudgingly.

"That's the spirit! Now, who's up for pizza?" asked Mike. Naturally, Sarah didn't argue with that.

They went out for pizza and stayed quite a while talking. By the time they got back it was getting late so Sarah said goodnight to her friends and went home. She went online to chat with Erica, but she wasn't on. Sarah did some cleaning up and threw a load in the washer while she waited. When she was done cleaning Erica still wasn't online, so Sarah grabbed a book and sat down to read, looking at the screen every ten minutes or so. After a couple of hours of this she finally gave up and went to bed. That's when she remembered that Erica would be packing for Christmas this weekend. She probably wore herself out and fell asleep! Maybe she'll be on tomorrow. she thought as she drifted off

Sarah awoke early the next morning. Grabbing some clothes reminded her that she'd probably need to buy more. Doing laundry every few days would get old fast, and her clothes would get worn out too quickly. She snagged a towel on the way to the bathroom and took a shower. As she was getting dressed she realized that she still didn't have any body hair at all. That's strange, I would have thought it would have grown by now. she thought, then dismissed it as unimportant.

After her shower she made herself an omelet and sat down to eat. She was almost finished when Jill came in. "Good morning!" she called out cheerfully.

"Good morning Jill. What's up?" Sarah replied.

"Not Mike, that's for sure!" Jill giggled, "I'm afraid I wore him out last night."

Sarah blushed and looked down at her breakfast. She wasn't used to Jill talking to her about things like that.

"Sorry!" Jill said with an apologetic smile. "I guess I just reacted to you like I would to my girlfriends there for a minute. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

Sarah nodded and finished her breakfast in silence. Jill sat opposite her and waited. Sarah washed her dishes and returned to the table. "So what are your plans for the day?" Jill asked.

Sarah shrugged, "No plans. The semester's over, so I don't have any homework to do. I did laundry last night while waiting for Erica. Which reminds me; I do need to get more clothes if I'm going to be like this for a while."

"Ah, shopping! Have you gotten your new ATM card yet?" Jill asked.

Sarah shook her head. "No, not yet. I guess I'll have to wait to do my shopping until I've gotten it. Maybe it'll come tomorrow."

"So what do you want to do today?" Jill asked.

"I don't know." Sarah replied.

Jill sighed, "You're as bad as Mike! How about this; do you want to stay in this world today, or not?"

"Maybe we should wait for Mike to decide what we're doing." Sarah suggested.

"You have a lot to learn about being a girl! Mike will go wherever we want to go. So answer the question!" Jill admonished.

"Well, there is another story I found online that I wouldn't mind visiting, though it could be a little dangerous." Sarah said hesitantly.

"How dangerous?" Jill replied.

"Not a lot. It's just that it's a school for mutants with super powers of various kinds, so all kinds of things can happen there." Sarah said.

"Well if it's a school I guess it should be okay. I think we should wait for Mike, though, just in case. We might need him to transform into something big and nasty again!" Jill said with a giggle.

"You're not worried about that?" Sarah asked, surprised.

"Not really. It's only happened twice, and only when we really needed it. If he transformed at work or inside the apartment I might be a little more concerned." Jill replied.

"It's a shame I can't talk to Erica about all this stuff." Sarah said wistfully.

"I know, but Erica would never believe it without seeing it. Even then she'd try to rationalize it, I think. Once she's gone with us a time or two I'm sure she'll be convinced, though." Jill said consolingly.

"So when is Mike getting up?" Sarah asked to change the subject.

"Whenever we want him to get up, of course!" Jill replied with a grin. "Do we want him to now, or later?"

Sarah thought about it and looked at the time. "If you really think he won't mind, I'd rather go do something." Sarah replied hopefully.

Jill smiled, "Don't worry, he won't mind! Guys will do a lot to keep their girlfriends happy. Just look at you; you put up with Erica insisting on going to Harvard Law even though it's on the other side of the continent!"

Sarah shrugged, "If you say so." They left Sarah's apartment and walked over to Jill and Mike's.

"Sounds like Mike got up on his own, after all." Jill commented as they walked in and heard the shower running. "Lets make him something to eat, it'll keep us busy while we wait for him." Sarah nodded and they got to work. By the time Mike showed up, fully dressed with wet hair, they had a plate ready for him.

"I could get used to this!" he said with a grin. Jill slapped his arm and told him to eat.

Once he'd finished eating and washed his plate Sarah retrieved the printout for the story world she wanted to visit where she'd left it when they arrived. "Ready to go visit a mutant school?" she asked Mike.

He shrugged, "Sure, sounds interesting. Sword or no sword?"

Sarah laughed, "A sword wouldn't do you much good if you got in a fight with one of the students!" He shrugged and waited for her to open the portal. They filed through and found themselves standing next to a building with a glass dome on it. It was very cold. "I forgot this place would be so cold at this time of the year!" Sarah complained, wrapping her arms around herself for warmth. They hurried inside the glass-domed building to get warm.

There were students sitting at tables around the room eating their breakfast. Some of them didn't look human. "Are these all mutants?" Mike asked curiously.

Sarah nodded, "All the students and a lot of the staff, too."

They were roughly shoved aside as a large, muscular boy pushed his way in rudely. "Hey, watch it!" Mike exclaimed angrily, steadying Jill who had nearly fallen over.

The boy stopped and turned towards Mike. "Stay out of my way." He said menacingly. Mike bristled at that and stepped forward, so Sarah quickly got between them. "I'll deal with you in a minute, babe." The boy said arrogantly, pushing Sarah aside.

Mike took one look at Sarah and stepped back. "I think you just made a big mistake!" he said with a grin. The boy looked confused and followed Mike's gaze to Sarah.

"How would you like to be smaller and weaker and get pushed around by big strong men?" Sarah said angrily. She didn't give him a chance to respond and slapped him in the face.


 
To Be Continued…

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I am humbled.

they actually went to Whateley? Cool!

Woot! :)

Woot! :)

How could I skip Whateley,

How could I skip Whateley, it's a great universe! :)

Thanks Maggie!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Mwahahahaha!

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah! d(^â–½^)b Yay!

-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

No, Not Whately

They went to the X-Mansion.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

No it's not

That's the Crystal Hall at Whateley.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Yep, I figured the Crystal

Yep, I figured the Crystal Hall would be recognized, if nothing else!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Mutant School

Given Mike's and Sarah's abilities they qualify as mutants and should fit in nicely. Now someone might get up set if they start changing people's gender.

I'm enjoying their escapades. Thanks for the fun.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perceptions.~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Yeah, they should fit right

Yeah, they should fit right in (Although they are a little older).

Thanks Trish-Ann!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

BIT?

Wonder what Sean/Sarah's BIT is? ;-)

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Assuming she has one...

that would be telling! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

You will, eventually

I'm sure we'll learn sooner rather than later. It's just too good a hook. And if Sarah is an exempler . . . a female exempler . . .

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Please, please, please ...

She just *bitch slapped* an Alpha!

That wuld be soo funny.

Um, I may be just fan fic but no slapping my Joanie, she's happy as she is. Now Maggies Angharad side of Nikki is damned powerful, basically a good gal dispite the bluster, and so is Circe, one of the teachers, or is she fan fic, I forget, but to defeat a curse by Venus? Maybe Sara could or her daddy the outer gods lust god?

John in Wauwatoa

John in Wauwatosa

Doesn't everyone who reads

Doesn't everyone who reads Whateley Academy want to do that? Don't worry, I wouldn't do that to Joanie...unless you really wanted me to! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Whateley Is A Place That...

It would be fun for Sarah and the gang to do multiple trips to. Whateley's Science and Magic departments could do comprehensive testing on them like they do for any new student to find out what was going on with them and Sarah could trade them trips to Star Fleet Academy for one of the scientists to pick up a set of their Engeneering texts and someone from the magic department to pick up a set of the magic text books from Hogwarts (post HP7, of course). :)

Seriously, I really do hope they'll stay a while at Whateley and maybe pick up some of Whateley's advanced technology in trade. It's beginning to seem a little odd that no one has even thought to try and pick up some useful artifacts in their travels. Any kind of electronic consumer goods sold in the Whateleyverse would be decades in advance of the same products sold in her world, and the money from their own world is probably the same as Whateley's. Which doesn't even count the things they could get from the devisors at Whateley.

On subject of portals

They make a very potent weapon potentially. Acting on assumption Sarah can open portals to any and every location/time/world she desires, she can not only throw her opponents in Jurrasic Park, but can, say open a gateway (hey, will she meet Molly?) to The Hell of Fiery Immersion and scorch her opponent, a gateway to the Jupiter and create a gravity anomaly, a gateway to the bottom of the ocean and throw her opponents away with very high-pressurised water, or open a gateway right in front of Wayward Goddess ThunderCat's lightning and zap her enemy and... The possibilities are endless, constrained only by the number of possible situations in the Multiverse (MV is infinite AFAIK and so should be the number) and her imagination.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Angharad?

Don't you mean Aunghadshail, or Unga-Dunga?

Oh, is that what he meant?

Oh, is that what he meant? I was wondering...

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

How about Ayla?

I wonder what would happen if she put the whammy on Ayla? Maybe make her all female? With Ayla's luck it would make her a guy again, except with female plumbing. Oops!


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

That's a good question. I

That's a good question. I think, considering the way Ayla's BIT is going, that she would become all girl. I wonder if she'd prefer the male-with-female-plumbing option or not?

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Oh dear, what hath she unleashed?

So is the screen gonna be scorched when we read the next chapter? It won't break my computer will it? :)

Khadija

I love it

[email protected] "Dad Nabit !!" Venus cursed .

Cavrider----Just another " Grunt."

Thanks

Thanks cavrider!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I truly wonder

If this will be made canon, even if mentioned only in passing, in some kind of rumor mill?

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Ooh!

That would be cool! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Oooooh

This could be interesting.

As someone already pointed out, the docs there could have quite a time with our dynamic trio. I'm sure they would love testing them.

Also, I wonder what happens if Sarah bitch-slaps Phase or Jade or, for that matter, Jinn? What about Paige or Petra? And then, there's this Native American guy/girl who channels all those spirits and does the astral projection thing.

But if she really wants to slap someone who deserves it, she could always change Tansy Walcutt.

Waitaminute!

Whateley Academy has an honest-to-goddess Venus in their student roster! Cyntherea, the New Olympian! She's the Avatar! What will happen if she meets the dynamic trio?!

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Oh yeah, forgot about

Oh yeah, forgot about them... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Yeah, it would be

Yeah, it would be interesting to see what the docs there would make of Sarah and friends. Would they come across as regular mutants, or would their abilities be alien to them like they were to Melanie?

I doubt Phase would appreciate the results of that, but Jade probably would! After all, her BIT is female, she's just not changing physically. Paige and Petra probably wouldn't get any long term gain, and Jaime certainly wouldn't, as s/he would simply change again the next time a different spirit was channeled.

And Tansy Walcutt as a guy?! I'm not sure if I should be laughing or scared! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Walcutt

And Tansy Walcutt as a guy?! I'm not sure if I should be laughing or scared! ;)

Tansy isn't very bright (how did she miss that part of the exemplar package, anyhow?) A lot of her power base stems from her feminine wiles. Also, she doesn't know how to act like a guy. She knows how to manipulate hormone-ridden guys.

So, she is likely to have some trouble with the homophobes because she still acts like a girl. She's likely to become really disoriented, and have a hard time dealing with it because of her lack of intellect. In short, she'll have no idea how to 'play the game' as a male.

So where is Erica?

.... On her way to see Sean?...Or does she just fancy's giving Sean his Christmas present in person!...Perhaps she'll be waiting when Sarah returns from her latest trip ...Of course she really could be packing for Christmas...But if she does turn up unannounced, That would certainly lead to a Christmas they would never forget.

Kirri

Erica? Well yes..

I gather she'll be waiting at the end of chapter 29, hoping to surprise her love, Sean. Oh quelle surprise. *gnah gnah*
And then in chapter 30 we will learn how she is handling _her_ surprise. And if indeed Sarah was rightfully worrying about their relation or whether Erica is not as shallow as she has been portrayed up to now.

Jo-Anne

Indeed it would! But then,

Indeed it would! But then, I think Sarah's already going to have a Christmas she'll never forget! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Some thoughts

Wow this is so good, but here is some of my thoughts. Sean/Sarah has issues as far as this gender thing goes. I don't think anyone has missed that Sarah seems happier than Sean was. The biggest problem is her true love for Erica. She wants to be man for the one she loves for whatever reason. Because is expected or that is what she thinks Erica wants, that seems to be her biggest motivations.

Our good magician told her she had to accept herself. Like I said before easier said than done. She has a lot to come to terms with. To admit that she is happier is going to take some doing given what I said above about her relationship with Erica.

About Erica: You do know we have never heard from her right? Never once with a phone call or anything other than a message from chatting. In reality we know very little about her. Very sneaky Saless! We know she is practical, and doesn't believe in anything she can't see. That is about all.

Whateley and Team Kimba: Well first security will undoubtedly be hurrying over given that they are intruders. Next, unless Sarah started reading stories out of order or is a very fast reader she is at an early part of the series. I have no idea at how big the library is now except that it is big! Will Sarah be able to help any of the team Kimba members? Well Jade has that reset thing going so she would probably change back. Ayla has already been mentioned and being boy with a front-bottom is a possibility. Worse her bit seems to be pushing for a complete female, so she just might go all female and stay that way helped by her BIT. I think Heather would agree with me that Chou is complicated, but I don't think the change would take. The Tao is a powerful force. The same goes for Billie. I don't think anything would happen.

Another possibly is that Sarah's sex changing powers are only temporary. So whatever happens doesn't take. Worse they might act like a BIT shredder since, correct me if I'm wrong but Venus's Curse is MAGIC? Haven't we been warned about using magic to muck around with BITs?

Fun Stuff!
See what you have done!

huggs!

grover

Erica's supposed to be

Erica's supposed to be mysterious, it's her job. ;) Seriously though, calling someone on the other side of the continent is expensive! IM is cheap.

Yeah, I don't see the Whateley authors letting their characters take the easy out with Sarah! As for Sarah, well, you'll see! ;)

Thanks grover! ^_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Not really

Seriously though, calling someone on the other side of the continent is expensive! IM is cheap.

Unlimited long distance plans on cellphones are so cheap as to be almost a giveaway. I used to call to and from Norway twenty-something years ago, and even that was not as expensive as you might think. IM's just seem cheap because the cost is covered as part of the ISP plan.

KJT


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

True...

but Sarah doesn't have a cell phone, yet! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

THanks for the correction on Nikki's alterego

Saless,

if Sarah had a cell phone, got angry and slapped it would it change from basic black to pink with sparkly bits?

Please don't hit me!

I have said it before and I see other's agree, Sara/Sean's girfriend is esentially an enigma to us readers. We only have what others say of her and the cryptic IMs. We really don't know her at all. The only thing we probably know is she has parents who seem far more tollerant/outgoing than Sean's are and that she apparently loves Sean deeply, just she had this opportunity for school and took it.

Hum, if Sarah embrases his/her feminity and thus can change back would that make her Erica's perfect lover? If she saw in Sean what others saw she must have been attracted to his dual nature or the hints of it. Maybe she loves both of him/her and to have both in reallity?

Odd how our side story's heroine did not notice any feminity/effenent tendencies in Sean. Why did some see him as TG and others as a male and yet others as a female? Why all the confusion?

And are we done with the nasty guys from work or do they have friends or get out of jail?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Why the confusion? Because

Why the confusion? Because it's fun! ;) Seriously, there is a reason. Really! As for the jerks from work (hey that rhymes!), we'll see!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Uh . . . .

Erica's parents let her go across the country to go to school and didn't see fit to provide her with one?

KJT


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

VOIP

Voice over IP is a good option. It can be done like chat or IM, IIRC. Also, for less than forty bucks, you can get a dongle that fits into a USB port that acts like a phone jack. Plug it in anywhere in the world, and you can make/receive calls using a standard phone.

But Sean did mention that he isn't fond of the phone.

Skype

Do not forget Skype. It's free between computers and in country phone calls unlimited is around $3.00.

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset
It is a long road ahead but I will finally become who I should be.