Venus Cursed! - Chapter 81

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 81

Mike nodded, "Yeah. He always told me that it was kids at school that had been beating Sarah up, but it was actually him all along. She did have some trouble with the kids at school, but not nearly that much."

Mary Kinsley sat back with a sigh. "So you're telling me that my husband beat my son, who has always felt like a girl, and now she has the ability to change her gender magically at will? she said.

"Not exactly." Jill said. "Sarah's always felt like a girl, but what started things was her ability to open portals to other worlds…" From there she went on to explain everything that had happened since Sarah discovered that ability, including the Magician's Answer and their guess that she'd be able to change genders at will now she'd finally changed back.

"And you're okay with this Erica?" Mary asked.

"I wasn't at first, but I've discovered that I actually prefer Sarah as a girl. Came as a bit of shock to me, as you can imagine." Erica replied.

"I guess so. Did…did I really threaten to have George rape her?" she asked fearfully.

"I'm afraid so. We all thought you were as bad as your husband, but I guess you were having one of those episodes he mentioned. That memory is one of the main reasons that Sarah fought being a girl for so long." Erica said.

"My poor girl!" Mary cried out, burying her face in her arms as her shoulders shook with her tears. Jill sat next to her and tried to comfort her.

"Mom?" Sarah said weakly. Mary ran to Sarah's side and held her hand.

"I'm here baby! Can you ever forgive me?" she blubbered.

Sarah frowned, "I thought you'd hate me."

Mary shook her head emphatically, "No, honey, I'd never hate you! I don't remember what you do, but I didn't know what I was doing when I did it. I take medicine that keeps that from happening anymore. I hope someday you can forgive me!"

"Medicine?" Sarah asked, confused.

"Yeah Sarah, looks like your mother isn't so bad after all." Erica said.

"My voice…" Sarah said, still not fully awake.

"Yeah, you changed back. Can you change at will now like we thought?" Erica said.

"Let me see…" Sarah said. She concentrated, and suddenly her clothes fit much better! "Oh, thank goodness!" she breathed in relief.

Erica grabbed her and hugged her in glee. "I'm so happy you were able to change back!" she exclaimed.

"You…you are?" Sarah said.

"I told you I liked you better as a girl. It's still a little weird for me that I do, but I do." Erica replied.

"Good, because I'm never going to change back again!" Sarah said firmly.

"You…you're really a girl, aren't you?" Mary said in wonder.

"Yes Mom, I really am. You really don't remember finding me wearing girls clothes?" Sarah said.

"No dear, I don't. I really had no idea." Mary replied.

Erica filled Sarah in on what had happened while she was unconscious through their bond. "Dad's never going to accept me, is he?" Sarah said sadly.

"It doesn't look like it. I think you're better off without him." Mike said.

"What are you going to do, Mrs. Kinsley?" Jill asked.

"Please call me Mary. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, this has all happened so fast! I just can't believe that George would beat his own child like that!" Mary said.

"Would you like to know what you missed?" Jill asked.

Mary frowned, "What do you mean?"

"I can show you Sarah's memories, if you want and she'll let me." Jill replied.

"It's fine with me." Sarah said.

"Well, okay, but could you leave out the memory of me? I don't really want to see that." Mary said.

Jill and Sarah agreed and Jill showed Mary Sarah's memories of being beaten by her father. She was sobbing by the time Jill was done. Sarah held her hesitantly, but when Mary threw herself into her embrace and cried on her shoulder she held her more firmly. "It's not your fault Mom, you didn't know." Sarah said.

"You're the one who should hate me! You had such a horrible time and I just made it worse!" Mary sobbed.

"I couldn't hate you, Mom!" Sarah replied with tears in her eyes.

They cried on each other's shoulders for a while. The others looked on with smiles on their faces, as this was a better outcome than any of them had expected.

"So…" Mary said when they had calmed themselves enough to speak and pulled apart, "you can open portals to other worlds?"

"Want to see?" Sarah asked.

"Yes," Mary said, "I think I would. It's hard to get my head around all of this, maybe seeing more of it would help."

"How about I show you where we've stashed all the stuff we've collected from other worlds? It's very similar to our world, except there's nothing living there anymore. But that means we can safely show you some of our abilities without worrying about being seen." Sarah suggested.

Mary shrugged, "Okay, sounds like a good idea. But don't you need a book or something for that?"

In answer Sarah opened a portal next to the couch. "Apparently not, when it's somewhere familiar." she said.

"Whoa, when did you find out that?" Mike exclaimed.

"Just now." Sarah replied.

"Shall we?" Erica said, gesturing at the portal. The others shrugged or nodded and they all followed Mary and Sarah through the portal. Mary looked around in wonder as they passed from her living room to the street outside the empty store where they stored all their equipment.

"It's really real…" Mary breathed in awe. She squeaked in surprise when Vash suddenly became visible and flew up on her shoulder.

Hello, my name is Gorvashnik, but they all call me Vash. he said.

Once she got over her surprise she said, "Wow, you really are cute, aren't you?"

So I've been told. Vash said in an offhand way as he cleaned his paws.

"So what would you like to see first Mom?" Sarah asked.

"Oh, well, Jill said that Mike can change into animals and things that he's seen?" Mary said.

Mike nodded and took his naga form. Then he slithered a few dozen feet away before shifting to his dragon forms and then through T-rex, wolf, and his smaller animal forms. "I don't know all that many yet." Mike said with an apologetic shrug once he'd regained human form.

"Wow! And your clothes don't even get damaged! Where do they go when you do that?" Mary said.

Mike shrugged, "We don't know. Just part of the ability, I guess."

Mary shook her head in wonder, "And Tiffany has that shadow ability we already saw, right?" Tiffany nodded. "Okay, and Jill, you can sense other people's thoughts and emotions. And Sarah opens these portals and can change her own gender, apparently. That just leaves Erica?"

"There's other things that Sarah can do. All I can do is not be affected by magic or psionics. So Jill can't read my thoughts and Sarah's magic doesn't do anything to me." Erica said.

"Yeah, like this." Sarah said, and fired off a magical blast at Erica. Erica threw her hands up in surprise, but the blast dissipated harmlessly. "Sorry, I guess I should have warned you first." Sarah said sheepishly when she saw the scowl on Erica's face.

"Yes, you should have!" Erica grumbled.

"What would that thing do to somebody who wasn't immune to magic?" Mary asked.

"Why don't you use that building down the street for a demonstration, Sarah?" Jill suggested. Sarah nodded and fired off another blast identical to the last at a building that stood apart from the rest several buildings down from where they stood. It blasted through the wall and out the roof, sending bits of wood and roofing tile flying through the air.

Mary's hand went to her mouth as she said, "Oh my, that would have killed someone, wouldn't it?"

"Probably," Sarah agreed, "I've never used it against someone. In fact, other than practice, I've only used it on a lock." She then fired a fireball at the building, which hit the outside and exploded, blowing a large smoldering hole in the side of the building. Debris, some of it smoldering or aflame, rained down on the street. The building was far enough away from everything else that nothing besides it was damaged.

Mary gaped at the damage Sarah did and Jill said, "Sarah, hit the base of the building with a magical blast ten times stronger than the last one, would you?" Sarah shrugged and did so. The larger, more intense blue magical blast hit the base of the building and dirt, rock, concrete, and wood went flying up in the air as an even larger hole was blasted through the front of the building. That entire section of the building sagged and then collapsed. "Sarah can make blasts much more powerful than that, of either type." Jill said to an astonished Mary.

"And you were afraid of your father?!" Mary exclaimed. "I think it's him that should have been afraid of you!"

"I wouldn't do that to Dad!" Sarah protested.

"See Tiffany, she can't hate anybody!" Erica said with a grin. Tiffany could only nod in agreement.


 
To Be Continued…

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Paranoid

The thought "too good to be true" occurs to me.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Expecting another shoe to

Expecting another shoe to drop? ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Maybe Sarah's Blasts

Only hurt inorganic target unless she choose to hurt organics. She could also have designer blasts that do specific things.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Well, that spell's based

Well, that spell's based loosely on the Magic Missile spell in D&D, which I'm not sure if it would do anything to anything that's not alive or not. Anyway, this version is a pretty simple spell. But then Sarah has found some inventive ways to use her spells already... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Maybe Sarah

can't hate anybody, But after what Mary has found out about her husband, Perhaps he ought to think himself lucky she has'nt got her daughters powers!!!

Kirri

P.s.
But then again maybe she has....After all this is the world of Saless!!!!

Good point

After all, we think it was portal travel that gave / contributed to Sarah, Mike and Jill's powers.

So unless Mary is a null, she either has (or soon will have, if she does much more portal travel) powers of her own...

Which is why it's probably not a good idea to take Dad portal travelling!

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Hmm, I wonder what kind of

Hmm, I wonder what kind of powers he'd develop... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

His wife might not be his

His wife might not be his biggest worry if he knew Erica and Tiffany... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Glad they got mom involved.

You know that old adage about not criticizing until you walk a mile in the others shoes? I think dear old dad needs to walk a mile in Sarah's shoes - literally. Give him a view from the softer side of life. Kind of like making a whole human out of him.

Is mom now becoming part of the gang? Hopefully, if she gets powers, they will not only help her keep dear old dad in his place, but help him smarten-up by bringing his attitudes into the 21st century. I do hope that they can help her with the medical situation. The group has gained powers in combat, but no has become a healer (medic). Having healing waters and other tools is great, but why not imbue a character with the power to heal? (A la a certain heroine in another endless serial?)

Another fun episode of VC, Saless. Keep writing and I'll keep reading and occasionally commenting.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

A healer?

That is something this group could use. At this point Jill is the closest they've got, but her abilities are purely mental.

The girlification of Sarah's mother seems to be a popular idea for some odd reason, can't imagine why... ;)

Thanks Trish-Ann, I'll do my best! ^_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Pardon me

The girlification of Sarah's mother seems to be a popular idea for some odd reason, can't imagine why... ;)

Doesn't that come under the heading of coal to Newscastle, or gilding the lily, or something like that?

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Note the word girl within girlification

I think, at least what I suggested , is that Sarah and her mom were robbed of years, precious years, of mother/child, mother/daughter bonding by Mom's mental illness, be it from natural causes or induced by the nasty dad.

Mom appears honestly appalled at what her husband did and that she contributed to her child's torment. She feels guilty, repentant and sad at the lost years. Jill has noticed no deception on Mom's part so I must assume mom is an innocent. She deserves a second chance.

She can't be the mom to her little girl anymore but she could be Sarah's beloved older sister or even twin sister. If I remember right at the start of the story Sean and his friends are not very old, early twenties at best but now as Sarah she is younger still perhaps under twenty or less in appearance. If from the portal travels or contact with mystic objects in the other worlds she could become a healer and healers often are near immortal and biologically and physically far younger than their chronologic age, IE have eternal or near eternal youth.

They could always explain their close appearance as Mom being her *long lost cousin now moved into town*.

As to Dad? Vash needs a mate. Um what is Vash now? He sounds like a pink cat, almost a female one but has feathers?

I'm confused but I LIKE it!

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Note the comment it is in reply to, please

Saless's comment is in response to this comment made by Trish-Ann: You know that old adage about not criticizing until you walk a mile in the others shoes? I think dear old dad needs to walk a mile in Sarah's shoes - literally. Give him a view from the softer side of life. Kind of like making a whole human out of him.

I stand by the facts.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Ack, I stand corected

Yeah, the original comment clearly mentioned girlification of dad so he can learn what a jackass he's been.

Saless refered to girlification and mom. I see it, or a variqnt on it, applies to both in various coments. I know I've suggested Ka-ching your a girl, Daddy as punshment/threapy for dad.

But I see mom as beoing worthy of a second chance. Not so much a Ka-ching but a renewal, a revitalaization, an reduction in age. IE making her a girl/young woman again.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Sorry for the confusion,

Sorry for the confusion, I've been making an awful lot of mistakes recently! I had Erica being affected by psionics in chapter 83 at first, but at least this time I caught it before I posted it!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

A mate for Vash?

As to Dad? Vash needs a mate.

You're not being very nice to Vash here. Whatever gender and species (s)he is, (s)he doesn't deserve a mate
who thinks hitting others makes them better furballs.

If Vash's former master were still living and in need of a mate ...

--- Martin

I agree, that'd be a much

I agree, that'd be a much better way of disposing of Sarah's father! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Gah! Is this my week for

Gah! Is this my week for errors, or what?! I just fixed one in Kittyhawk that John pointed out to me, and now this! I guess girlifying Sarah's mother would be kind of redundant, wouldn't it? ;) Thanks for pointing this out Withheld! Unfortunately, I can't fix it! Oh well, at least it's not in the story this time.

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

One last comment

Regarding the idea of a dose of healing waters for Dad, I would suggest they be used where they'd do the most good - as an enema.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

LOL!

I really shouldn't read your comments while reading... ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Really shouldn't read your comments while...

reading??? What, you have some other way??? ;)
And no complaining about meaning eating or something like that. :)

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Double gah!!!!

What is with me lately?! I meant eating, eating!! At this rate my stories are going to become indecipherable gibberish, not to mention my comments!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I have a suggestion.

Rule of thumb: blame hormones! ~_^
And don't worry - your lovely goofs make it all the more charming!
Citing a certain hellion we know and love:

“Girls aren’t idiots.” Deirdre answered with a smirk. “We’re airheads, clueless, or lovable.”

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Saless, you sneaky sneeky writer

So, unless she has been conned by dad, mom really does have a mental disease that is controlled well by medicine. Sounds a bit like a milder form of schizophrenia or something similar. Just a normal illness or brought on by something dad did? Sorry, but I don't trust dad at all, he could have injured her or fed her drugs that induced the problems. Contaminated illegal drugs have been known to induce Parkinson's disease and paranoia. At a minimum he used the troubles mom had to help hide his abuse of Sean/Sarah.

If mom drinks a little of the healing waters will it cure her illness, assuming it is real and not the work of Daddy Dearest? Mom as a healer would be in the tradition of many quest type tales where the older woman is the matriarch and keeper/teacher of magic's or of the healing arts.

She did not know about the beatings or her own assault on Sean but from Jill's mental download of Sarah's memories is ready to crucify her husband. Hum, could Sarah combine her fireball and blasts into one super-dupper magic weapon? So nice to see she don't want to hurt her dad but he needs to see what harm he has done and pay for it or make restitution/penance.

Would a Ka-girl! plus a download of all the pain he caused his child help him? Could Jill mind read him and see if dad was abused or has repressed gay/feminine feelings, thus the lashing out at his child. At least they could determine if he's simply twisted by his past , a victim repeating the crimes done to him as a child or a sicko jackass beyond redemption. Hum, strand daddy on the dead Earth?

Still wonder what happened to all the people? A plague, radioactive fallout lie in On the Beach, abducted by aliens? Them why no damage, why no bodies?

Miss the kittycat and her tales and your less Earthly heroine/anti-heroine.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Hey! I just posted a

Hey! I just posted a chapter of Kittyhawk 4 days ago! Give me a break! ;)

I just came up with an idea today for Sarah's mom that I think you'll like. I'm not sure how long before it comes up in the story, but I don't think it'll be all that long. That along with another idea I already had planned and Sarah's dad should be dealt with to the satisfaction of at least some of my readers...

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

On the other hand...

Frank's picture

If "Mom" is really sick, and has a mental condition...and keeps going through portals...and stopped taking her meds...potentially evil powered character...

Hugs

Frank

Thus the need of a preventative dose of

the healing waters for mom.

Still wonder if dad didn't somehow induce her mental illness. Mom believes she has such an illness but could that be the years of being drugged by him and a chronie doctor talking and not reality?

I do agree, someone with a disturbed, evil or fragile mind going throught the portals is a potential danger. Thank god or Venus Sarah had her friends to keep her sane. She almost lost it even withtheir help after the near rape.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Yeah, it's a good thing

Yeah, it's a good thing Sarah got something she wanted out of her early trips! Funny, that, how Sarah not only got something she wanted, but exactly what she had wanted all along... ~_^

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Mwuahahahaha!!!

Seriously, this kind of leads into an idea I came up with today for Sarah's mother. It's not too evil, I swear! ;)

Saless

P.S. Actually, I don't think it's evil at all but I like to mess with your minds! ~_^
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

You like to mess with our minds?

Really? I never noticed!

I'm kind of wondering what Mom's superpower is going to be.

Now it's starting to sound

Now it's starting to sound like Whateley around here! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

And how

Pray tell, is that a bad thing? ^_^

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I never said bad!

I never said it was a bad thing! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

^_^

My thoughts exactly!

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

*sigh*

Frank's picture

I told you I was starting to understand how you think...*SIGH*

Hugs

Frank

When you look into the

When you look into the Abyss, remember that the Abyss also looks into you. ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

A very good variation on healing

Is life energy manipulation, like with one guy from 4400. He can heal, and he can kill. And the only problem is he can't heal continously - it takes a lot out of him. So we maybe need to get Team Mom (TVTropes TM) some kind of an energy supplement.

Also, I have noticed that according to... Sarah? Anyway, someone in this chapter said that the world is the same as Earth except nothing alive is there any longer. So now for a fridge logic:
1)Trees, and other plants are also gone
2)Microorganisms are also gone
3)The planet thus now has nothing to regulate atmosphere and the like
4)And many places previously protected by forests and jungles are now becoming increasingly more arid and uninhabitable
5)However, Sarah and her friends have reintroduced some microorganisms
6)And I am definitely reading too much into it, am I not?

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

I'm sure they have

I'm sure they have reintroduced some microorganisms, but somehow I doubt they'll have a significant impact any time soon! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Sarah's mom manifests.

It ends up throwing the meds off and she turns into a huge Supervillain, complete with a giant bitchy attitude(see Sadist tendencies) as well as an age change(she becomes only like 10 years older than Sarah).

Not exactly what I had in mind.

Kinda close though, in a way. ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Kinda close?

Now you're scaring me.

I said in a way! Oh wait, I

I said in a way! Oh wait, I was trying to scare you... Darn, now I've ruined it! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Hum? Saless, No you Wouldn't !!!

Sarah's mom IS Venus?

Vash said Sarah may be an emerging new goddess, her powers were so intense and strange. Or at least that's what Vash says his dead master thought, as does Vash I suspect. What if Mom is Venus or one of her close relatives -- Diana, Athena, Demeter, Paris Hilton -- and the whole ordeal/adventure: the portal power, the other powers she and her friends get, Sean becoming Sarah, all of it, is a test to see is Sarah is worthy of her powers or if not they will be taken away or mystically bound in some fashion?

The other acquired powers because as a new major goddess, Sarah needs her demigods/high priestesses/posse'. Erica is obviously her consort, male, female or both at the same time. Hey gods and goddesses can change form and sex at will.

Or is this a 60's flash back from too much coffee?

Oooooh look at the colors! I can see music!

John in Wauwatosa, peace and love

John in Wauwatosa

You can have flashbacks from

You can have flashbacks from coffee?! Glad I don't drink the stuff! ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America