Venus Cursed! - Chapter 112

Printer-friendly version
Venus Cursed!
by Saless
Chapter 112

"What, you mean I'll get smarter?" Erica asked.

Probably. At the very least I would expect your memory to improve. That alone should make your studies much easier. Vash replied.

"That would be nice. I can use all the help I can get." Erica said.

"That might explain why you've been picking things up faster in our training lately, too." Mike said thoughtfully.

Jill groaned, "I guess that means I'm going to get thrashed!"

"If things get too unequal you can always use your telekinesis." Mike suggested.

"But it doesn't work on her!" Jill protested.

"Not on her, no, but it works on you. I bet you could use it to move yourself in all sorts of ways." Mike replied.

"Maybe." Jill said absentmindedly as she went about getting herself and Vash something to eat. Once she was done they went back to the empty world. Jill did use her telekinesis a little in her sparring with Erica, which kept Erica on her toes. Tiffany found herself struggling with Sarah far more than she had been, and decided to follow suit by using her shadows to confuse her. Before long it was a virtual powers free for all. Sarah used small energy blasts to find Tiffany while Tiffany veiled their entire section of the mat in shadow. Erica used her superior strength to jump up to get to Jill when she levitated out of the way. Jill's greater maneuverability in the air would have made the difference, except that levitating herself like that wore her out.

After a while Mike called a stop as he could see that Jill and Tiffany were getting exhausted from using their powers. "I was going to put a stop to it sooner as I wanted to keep this purely martial arts training, but Vash pointed out that in actual combat we'd be using our powers as well as our training." Mike said once everyone had stopped. "I have to agree, this is great experience for you to use your abilities in a fight like this. But Jill and Tiffany don't have the endurance to keep it up for long. Which makes it all the more important to practice it, I think, as you can build that endurance up. At least, I hope you'll be able to. At any rate, why don't you two take a break and I'll spar with Erica and Sarah for a while."

"Both of us?!" Erica exclaimed.

"Yes. I need practice using my powers in a fight, too, so I thought I'd use my naga form. That should make up for being outnumbered." Mike replied. Jill and Tiffany vacated the mat and sat to watch with Vash. Mike shifted to naga form and started the match by attacking Erica. A blast from Sarah forced him to abandon that attack, which left him open for Erica. Or at least, it seemed to, until his tail whacked her from behind and sent her sprawling. Sarah fired off a quick series of blasts to pin him down, allowing Erica to recover and continue her attack. Mike managed to slap Sarah down with his tail and was able to turn his full attention on Erica. At least, until Sarah got back up and fired off a few more blasts.

The match continued like that for a while, with Erica doing most of the up close fighting and Sarah supporting from a distance most of the time. Despite their best efforts Mike was still doing more damage than they were. With his naga form he could move very fast when he wanted to, and his tail gave him much greater reach than his legs would have. Sarah turned it around when she started charging her blasts through her feet and hands. She didn't connect very often, but the power of those attacks forced Mike to take them more seriously. Erica stepped up her attacks and managed to get a few hits in of her own.

Mike finally ended it by grabbing Sarah in a headlock from behind and wrapping Erica up completely in his tail. Sarah used the contact to change Mike into a girl, but he didn't loosen his grip for a moment. She sighed and changed him back to let him know she surrendered. He shifted back to human form, which released Erica. "You two did really well!" he said a little breathlessly. "We were all holding back, but it was still a great match. What I would like to know, though, is how you suddenly got so much better Sarah?"

Sarah took a moment to catch her breath before replying, "I don't know. It's just clicking easier than it was before. And everyone else seems to be moving a little slower."

I suspect that is because your reflexes have improved. Vash said.

"Why would my reflexes improve?" Sarah asked.

I think you are gaining some of the same benefits as Erica is from the chrysalis. As Mana said, you use your powers intuitively. You probably copied those benefits through your bond to help you to fight Tiffany as her skills were growing faster than your own. Whether you have a chrysalis now as well, improved your body to match magically, or just temporarily boosted yourself I don't know. Vash replied.

"That's something we'll have to figure out. If these changes are permanent Sarah will have to learn to control her abilities like Erica is." Mike said thoughtfully.

"We'll find that out next time. Right now I'd like to get home and get cleaned up before Mana arrives." Jill said. Sarah insisted on healing everyone before opening portals to both apartments. They all took quick showers and changed clothes before meeting back up at Sarah's apartment. There was time before Mana would arrive, so they decided to watch a movie, an activity Vash never got tired of.

Sarah and Tiffany started making sandwiches for everyone for lunch. There was a knock at the door a few minutes later.

"I'll get it." Erica said as she stood and walked to the door. She was expecting Mana to be wearing another unusual outfit, but she was still surprised. Everything was a matching satiny white, much like her hair. She wore thigh high boots, long opera gloves, a short skirt made of overlapping flower petal like sections, and the top barely covered her breasts and then sloped sharply down on the sides leaving almost her entire back bare, except for her long hair. "Wow, that's a lot different from what you've worn before!" she exclaimed, stepping aside to let her in.

"I like to wear this outfit when I'm traveling, or fighting. It gives me lots of freedom of movement, and looks good, too!" Mana said.

"I'll say!" Mike exclaimed. Jill slapped the back of his head and he grinned sheepishly at her.

"You're going somewhere?" Jill asked.

Mana nodded as she took a seat on the couch next to Erica. "Yes. After I help you with your photographs I thought I'd visit a few other countries and see if I can get something going there, too. I don't expect to find anyone else with awakened powers like yours, so I'll probably be dealing with government agencies like the one Marvin is running. Once that's done I can move on to another world."

"So we won't see you again?" Erica asked.

"Oh, I'll drop in before I leave. If you come up with any other questions you'd like to ask me I can answer them then, and I will fill you in on what I find in the rest of the world." Mana replied.

"Lunch is ready!" Sarah announced very loudly as she and Tiffany carried plates of sandwiches in. After making sure everyone else had some Sarah sat in Erica's lap and set the plate aside. Glancing at Mana and nodding slightly in greeting she grabbed Erica's face and kissed her deeply. The kiss went on for quite a while, long enough for Vash to finish his first sandwich and go back for seconds. When Sarah leaned back Erica looked dazed and had a silly grin on her face.

Not that I'm complaining, but what was that about? Erica thought.

Just reminding you who your fiance is. Sarah replied.

Why would you think I'd need remind...oh, yeah. Erica thought sheepishly. I keep forgetting how the bond allows you to feel what I feel. If that's how you're going to react every time I look at another woman I'm going to have to look around a lot more!

Erica! Sarah complained.

I'm just kidding! And it's not like you don't find her attractive, too. I mean, who wouldn't?! Erica replied.

Well, yeah, but... Sarah mumbled.

I know you've got this whole low self-esteem thing going and you think you don't deserve me, but you've got it all wrong! I'm the one who doesn't deserve you! It's going to take one heck of a lot more than a pretty face or nice figure to get rid of me! Erica sent firmly.


 To Be Continued…
 

up
96 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Jeeealous!

Teehee! Two soul-bonded sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!! ^_^

However, if you think about it, Mana does have literally "One heck of a lot more than a pretty face or nice figure".
What she lacks however is need, desire and ability to continously woo Erica. :P

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Mana Looks Like

A version of Tinkerbell from the way her costume is described, although a very adult version. Do Mana and Sarah look like twins? Tey are both bvery powerful.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Great oogly-moogly!

I thought the same thing.

Though with the white satiny look it's more like Tinkerbell in her wedding gown.

Sweet chapter and I agree with Vash and the gang, the sudden improvement in Sarah's fighting skills/reflexes bare careful watching. Has she magically copied her chrysalis? Or has she simply copied Erica's new ablites? It's likely permenent remembering the magics she copied before. If so, she will soon improve on what was copied and could be a danger to others and herself.

Nice to see you posting again.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Thanks John,

it's nice to be back! :)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

So maybe its

a good job Mana is going traveling!!! It'll mean the green-eyed monster won't have to make too many appearances!!!

Glad to see you back Saless, Hope everything is okay with you now, But please Take good care of yourself, We all want you here for a long time.

Hugs Kirri

Thanks Kirri!

I'm glad to hear that, 'cause you're stuck with me! ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Who's stuck with whom?

I wonder... ^_^

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Yes!

Glad for another episode of Venus Cursed. It appears Sarah and company are finding out more about what they are capable of ss each develops their powers. I suggest they also need to start developing team fighting skills. This will make them more effective against groups of ne'er-do-wells, they may encounter.

Mana is 'hot' in her costume-du-jour. It's hard for anyone not to appreciate sheer beauty. I wonder what information she'll have for Sarah when she returns from her world tour.

Hugs,
Trish-Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

Hugs,
Trish Ann
~There is no reality, only perception~

help

?? when is the next chapter, also is the kitty saga still going to proceed???

I like your writting style, very captivating...

Almost as good as the falling bike saga...

thank you for giving us this very good story

xoxoxo Jo Ann

Jo Ann D

Thanks Jo Ann!

I'm hoping to get the next chapter up sometime later today. I don't get much time to write on Tuesdays (or Fridays), so I wasn't able to get much done yesterday. And yes, Kittyhawk is still going, albeit slowly at the moment.

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Most powerful person in the world...

and she still has self-esteem problems.

I suspect that she can make herself look every bit as alluring as Mana -- if not now, perhaps after she learns a few new tricks.

Also, if she wants to get Erica pregnant, she can probably grow the appropriate appendage (while keeping what she currently has,) and do the job the old fashioned way.

Welcome back, Saless! I was starting to go into DTs. More than that, though, I was worried. I was thinking of PMing you, but I didn't want to sound like I was nagging you to write.

Thanks Ray!

It's good to be back. I don't think I'll be back up to daily posting right away (I already missed yesterday, after all!), but it's good to be posting again.

Saless

P.S. What's DTs?

P.P.S. In case you missed it in my blog, I made up an avatar for Tina. Hope you like it! :)
Seal Point kitty girl with wings
 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Thanks!

I should have recognized her when I saw your blog. Can I use the image file with the story? I need to start posting it to bcts soon.

BTW, DTs are the shakes that an alcoholic gets when he has been deprived of his favorite addictive substance. I think it stands for 'De-Tox.'

Sure! I'm glad you like it.

Sure! I'm glad you like it. I created it with www.tektek.org. Lots easier than trying to get all the items required for it through Gaia! (Actually, it's only the wings that are a real problem, I could get the rest easily enough. I have just about everything I use for my Kittyhawk avatar except for the wings.)

Thanks for explaining the Dts!

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

DTs - Delerium Tremens,

DTs - Delerium Tremens, withdrawal symptoms from alcohol and other depressants.

Symptoms include tremors, visual and tactile hallucinations ("Spiders! get 'em off of me!")

We now return you to your comments, already in progress. :)

Thanks Misty! I love how

Thanks Misty! I love how educational these comments can be!

I'm sure I've heard that term before somewhere. Did they use it on House or something...?

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Hmmmmm...

First, Erica wasn't a lesbian, then she admits she could love Sarah no matter what her body's sex, now she's attracted to other women?

Seems pretty quick re-orientation...

Erica realized she never was

Erica realized she never was all that into guys to begin with, and actually preferred Sarah as a girl (Don't remember which chapter, sorry!), so there's precedent! ;)

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America