Venus Cursed! - Chapter 66

Printer-friendly version
Venus_Cursed_4.jpg
by Saless
Chapter 66

"He's dead?!" Jill exclaimed.

George nodded, "Yes. He was stabilized and seemed set to recover. Then he suddenly took a turn for the worse. We now believe whatever weapon was used was poisoned."

"Poisoned?!" Erica said. "Why would anyone have a poisoned weapon lying around ready to use like that?"

"We're assuming it was planned and the attack on Sean accelerated those plans." George replied.

"Are you ready to tell us what happened?" Lorie asked.

Erica squeezed Sarah's hands and Sarah nodded. She told them everything she could remember while they took notes. "So you didn't see whoever stabbed Mr. Green?" George asked.

Sarah shook her head, "No, I never saw anybody but John."

George finished writing in his notebook and put it away. "Okay, I think that's everything we need." he said. He said goodbye and left, but Lorie stayed behind. She gave Sarah a card with a rape counselors number on it.

"But he didn't, did he?" Sarah asked in confusion.

Lorie shook her head, "No, but he tried. Many women in your position still benefit from talking to someone." she said, and then followed George out.

"That went more smoothly than I would have expected." Mike said. "I would have thought your being completely female would have caused some confusion, at least."

Sarah frowned and said, "Yeah, that's right. Why didn't they say anything about that?"

Erica smiled and said, "They did, but Vash came up with a story. He had Jill tell Lorie that you had surgery in Mexico."

Sarah shook her head, "I just keep getting deeper into this, don't I?"

I hope you're not too angry with me, it was the best I could come up with. She's encountered something similar before, so I knew she would accept it. Vash said.

Sarah sighed, "I guess I can't be angry with you Vash, you're only trying to help. And I don't have any idea what else you could have told them. Now when can I get out of here and where are my clothes?"

Erica held up a bag and said, "You're clothes were ruined, but I brought some for you."

"Now I just need to get rid of this so I can get dressed." Sarah said, indicating the IV in her arm.

Mike went out to find out when Sarah could leave. When he returned he said, "A doctor is supposed to be here soon to make sure you're okay to go. A nurse is coming to remove the IV."

Within an hour she was dressed and ready to go. She practically dragged Erica out, with Mike and Jill following behind. Sarah sighed in relief once they'd all climbed into Mike's car. "You okay Sarah?" Erica asked.

"I guess." Sarah replied absently. Erica looked at Sarah in concern, but she wasn't paying attention.

Can you hear me? Erica thought.

Stay out of my head! Sarah growled back. She glared at Erica and then turned back to the window. She wouldn't look at Erica for the rest of the drive and as soon as the car was parked she opened a portal and stepped through into her bedroom.

"Sarah!" Erica called, but she was already gone. "She hates me!" Erica sobbed. Mike caught her as she collapsed. Jill opened the door to their apartment and helped Mike bring her in and lay her on the couch.

"She's just upset Erica, she'll come around." Jill soothed.

"Should we be leaving Sarah alone like this?" Mike asked worriedly.

"No, we shouldn't." Jill agreed. "Mike, take Vash over there, will you? She's not mad at either of you. Give her some space, but don't let her do anything foolish."

Mike nodded and waited for Vash to jump onto his shoulder before heading out. Jill turned back to Erica. "Mike will keep an eye on her. Once she's calmed down we'll go over and talk to her, okay?" she said.

Erica didn't respond and Jill wasn't even sure if she'd heard her through her tears. She joined her on the couch and held her until her tears subsided. "Do you really think she'll forgive me?" Erica asked hopefully.

"Yes, I know she will. She loves you!" Jill replied firmly.

Jill, bring Erica and the painting, now! Vash said urgently.

What's happened? Jill asked, running to retrieve the painting.

She tried to kill herself. Fortunately the healing water is still here. Please hurry. Vash said.

Erica was sitting up on the couch when Jill returned with the painting. "What's wrong Jill?" Erica asked worriedly.

"Sarah tried to kill herself. We've got to get over there!" Jill replied breathlessly.

Erica gasped and jumped up off of the couch. She ran for the door and Jill followed. By the time she caught up Erica was opening the door to Sarah's apartment. They hurried inside and found Mike sitting on the couch with Sarah laid out on it, her head on his lap. Vash was curled up on her stomach and there was blood on her wrists and clothes.

"Sarah!" Erica gasped, and ran to kneel beside her. Sarah was unconscious but when Erica examined her wrists there was no sign of injury.

"I used the healing water on her, so she should be okay." Mike explained to Erica's confused look. "Vash said he thinks we need to show her the painting when she wakes up. I don't understand it though, won't that just make her even more upset?"

"Vash says," Jill began, pausing to listen to him, "that Sarah hates herself because of what happened when she was a kid. Our perceived betrayal and John's attack have pushed things too far for her. We've got to clear up that old hurt in order to deal with the new ones."

"Why would she hate herself?!" Erica exclaimed. "She's never hurt anybody!"

Jill shrugged, "Vash doesn't know. Neither of us can get that far, Sarah's shields are too strong. The only chance we have of finding out is to get her to accept that repressed memory."

"Are you sure she can handle it?" Erica asked.

Jill looked sadly at Sarah, "I don't know." she said softly.

"I could kill them!" Erica growled.

Mike looked curiously at Erica and asked, "Who?"

"John and her mother! They're responsible for this!" Erica replied angrily.

"We probably shouldn't condemn Sarah's mother just yet, we don't know the whole story." Jill cautioned.

Erica snorted at that, "There's no story that could explain that away! No matter what the circumstances she's still responsible for this!"

"I agree." Mike said, startling Jill. "Unless Sarah's mother was insane at the time, and I never saw any signs of that, there's no excuse. This is making me wonder about a few things her parents told me, though."

"Like what?" Jill asked.

"Well, they told me that Sarah got beat up at school all the time. She had bruises and even broken bones because of it. I remember thinking it was strange that the bullies had changed their tune so rapidly, because someone tried to beat her up only a couple of times after I met her. If she was getting beat up so frequently, why was it so rare after I met her?" Mike explained.

Erica stared wide-eyed at Mike as the meaning of his words sank in. "You think Sarah was beaten by her parents?!" she said.

"I don't know if her parents did it, but someone did. I didn't put it together then, but in retrospect it's pretty obvious." Mike replied.

Erica shook her head sadly as she gazed at Sarah. "You poor thing." she said softly, stroking Sarah's cheek. "I never imagined you'd gone through so much! It's no wonder you weren't more assertive."

She's coming around. We'd better hit her with the painting right away, before she gets her defenses up. Vash said. Jill nodded and picked it up. Sarah's eyes opened slowly and she looked around in confusion. When her eyes settled on Jill she held up the picture. Mike nearly fell over when he saw it, as it depicted Sarah's room as it appeared when he first met her. It also showed Sarah's mother the way she looked back then, right down to the clothes she wore. There was no doubt in his mind he was seeing a real memory of Sarah's.

The picture was in Sarah's bedroom. Young Sean looked terrified as he was held up against the wall by his mother's hand around his throat. His feet were a foot off the ground and his face was beginning to turn blue. His mother's face was contorted in rage and her other hand was curled claw-like. The only part of the background that was as detailed as Sean and his mother was a teddy bear lying on the floor underneath him. The part that really shocked Mike was a detail that Erica either hadn't noticed, or didn't mention. Sean was wearing a long black velvet dress that obviously belonged to his mother.


 
To Be Continued…

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Intruiging

Not only because of the content of the picture, but because some readers / commenters were predicting it was a violent reaction to Sean crossdressing. Perhaps Sarah's ongoing expressed desire to 'change back' into Sean stems from the violent rejection of her childhood desires, and is a manifestation of her locked away memories. I strongly suspect that when she does eventually fully accept her femininity and gets over her past trauma (which could take several years worth of stories, if Cathy in Angharad's "Bike" is anything to go by!), she won't want to change back into Sean when she's capable of doing so. However, that 'release' may also have the side effect of allowing her to control her 'grip' (gender transformation of others when she grips them whilst angry).

Hopefully seeing the painting will allow her to open up and tell her childhood story over the next few chapters. Since Tiffany is so keen to protect Sarah (and also suffered childhood abuse - albeit different perpetrators with different motives), it might be beneficial if Vash can bring her (even if cloaked) into the retelling.

 
 
--Ben


This space intentionally left blank.

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Frank, I'll be...

...hating you soooo much for just saying it! ~_^

*Phew, cliche pun avoided*

But yeah, it is exactly the thing for someone close to winning the Angharad Cliffhanger Award competition! :grin:

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Oooh, how positively evil!

I love it! So how long should I drag it out? A week, a month? ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

That depends

That depends on how many ticking boxes you want to receive in the mail.

No, wait. That would mean that the story would never get finished.

Here, stare at this cool spinny miore' disk and repeat after me:

I must keep going. I must keep my loyal fans amused. I will make three updates a day. I am superwoman, and don't need sleep.

There is something phony about the picture.

And that is - 3rd person view.

Sean should only have 1st person view, accompanied by blurring from asphyxia. No direct input of his clothing is possible from that position. So, he should see his mother's face, in complete rage, an arm, ending below his chin, and perhaps the other arm, in a claw-like gesture. Not his dress, not his teddy bear.

3rd person view can only mean one of two things. One is he was near the mirror and was watching the scene through it. The other one - implanted memories.

Oh, and I should point out that Jill was required do draw the painting exactly as she has seen it in Sarah's mind, to ensure that Sarah could never deny it.

Faraway

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Maybe

Maybe not. Our minds are capable of altering perspective, particularly of a traumatic event. Sarah's mind might be trying to disassociate Sean from the event, a kinda "This didn't happen to me, I'm on the outside, watching". Perhaps Tiffany can pay Sean's parents a visit.

And about that Kittyhawk crack, this story is so obviously superior to that other one that all effort needs to be concentrated on this one. ;-)

m

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

You're right Withheld. I

You're right Withheld. I know my earliest memory is a combination of first person and third person views, even though there were no mirrors in the room. And it wasn't even traumatic! So this memory being third person is not so surprising.

So, you're against the whole drag this one out for a month idea? ;)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Hey!

So, you're against the whole drag this one out for a month idea?

We're on Chapter 66, and that's not even counting the side stories. How much more dragging out do you think we can take?? ;-)

m

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive

Kittyhawk

Frank's picture

Is JUST as good as this...I say take the month (as long as you post the other stories)!!!! LOL That'll show 'em

Hugs

Frank

You would have

to say that Sean's mothers reaction was a little extreme to say the least, After all whats wrong with wearing your mothers dress!!!(Okay i admit that was said from a T.G point of view!!). Maybe it's not what she wanted to see but her reaction was way over the top...Is it any wonder Sarah has such huge problems!!! Obviously Sarah's mother has big problems dealing with her son's choice of clothing, But too try and strangle him!!!

Now of course comes the next question, What is Sarah's reaction going to be to the painting....Can't wait to find out... Roll on chapter 66

Kirri

Oh, one of little experience

My then wife caught me with women's panties on once. OMG, what a reaction!

A woman values and protects her spot in a family with such vehemence and indignation that I highly recomend that you never, ever get caught that way. It makes the scene in the song, "The Thunder Rolls" seem like nursery school. The way it happened was so stupid that I must have wanted to get caught ...

Well, That Explains Something

About Sean, and perhaps his mother, and the beatings. but not enough.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I once knew

Cavrider----Just another " Grunt."

a little five foot nothing that had such a temper . She was absolutly terriffing ! I can see why Sean is more than happy to stay away from this person . Saless has againe , set her loom to an intracit pattern and brought forth a wonderful scene .

Cavrider----Just another " Grunt."

Thanks Cavrider!

Thanks Cavrider! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

I am intrigued

bobbie-c's picture

I am intrigued. I mean, how can you not, when the first line you read is - "He's dead!"

Now I have to go back 64 chapters to figure out what's this all about.

And Whatinheck is Vash? And why "hit her with the painting?" Ahh the dangers of starting to read from the middle of a story...

I am intrigued.

- Bobbie

Glad to hear it!

;) Oh, and there are links at the bottom of the page of many of the chapters to the various side stories that you might want to read. You can skip them okay if you want, but it's best if you read them where they're meant to be read. I'll look forward to seeing what you think once you've caught up!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Vash...

Vash is a plushy Hello Kitty doll with wings.

Oh yah; and lots of attitude.

I had a similar repressed memory

Wow, this was skillful!

Though I have spoken of it plenty in the last few years, I did not remember mine until I had been out for a while. I am sure this was not a memory created by my counselor, and the whole story is not relevant. But when I was about 5, I had put my sister's skirt on and walked back into the living room which was then filled with my family. My stepfather literally exploded, and spent a long time ridiculing, beating me and generally making me feel like I wanted to die. The whole family so shamed me that I must have forgotten about it very soon after. In other words I can not remember, not remembering it.

The upshot of it is I had no idea that memories could be so repressed. It's coming back happened when I was spending much time laying in bed weeping about the loss of everything I valued. Fortunately, like most of us, the grief eventually dies do the point that it is just a dimly glowing ember.

Thanks Khadija! That means

Thanks Khadija! That means a lot coming from someone who has more personal experience with this than I do! :)

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

My fondest wish...

Would be for no one to ever have to repress memories again

Agreed!

If society would just be more accepting of differences, things like this would never happen!

Saless
 


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Society isn't everything

Dysfunctional parents can still beat (or otherwise mistreat) their children for things that are perfectly accepted by society in general.

A woman I know was beaten by her father for buying make-up products from her spending money when she was a teenage girl. (I don't exactly know why her father disapproved of make-up; might have been some sort of religious fanatism.)

If society was more accepting of differences, things like this would probably still happen, but it would be easier to fight against them.

--- Martin