Venus Cursed! - Chapter 115

Printer-friendly version
Venus Cursed!
by Saless
Chapter 115

Like what? Sarah thought, grateful for the change of subject.

Perhaps you could switch places with Willow. Then, when this Nathaniel attacked you could disable him with the skills you've learned from Mike or with the blast you told them about. That would satisfy the criteria of the vision. Vash said.

You think I could do that?! Sarah thought in surprise.

Let's face it. If you think you can, then you probably can. Remember what Mana told us. But this isn't far outside what you've done already, so yes I think you could do it. Vash replied.

He's got a point. Changing your father into Kelly was well outside what you normally do. How exactly did you do that, anyway? Jill sent.

I don't know. I was just really angry with him and wanted him to be smaller and female so he'd know what it was like for me. Sarah replied.

Maybe if you concentrate on what you want and use that power, you'll be able to do it. Try to change yourself to look like Willow. Jill suggested.

Okay... Sarah said doubtfully and closed her eyes in concentration. She focused on looking like Willow and willed it to happen like when she changed herself back to female. She thought she felt something, but wasn't sure. When she opened her eyes her friends were all looking at her with big smiles on their faces. Did it work?

Yep. Jill sent happily. "I think we've got the problem solved." she said out loud to get the others' attention.

Tina turned towards Jill but stopped when she noticed Sarah. Then she turned back and saw the real Willow and said, "Willow?" as she looked back at Sarah.

"No, I'm Sarah. We were thinking I could switch places with Willow." Sarah said while looking, and sounding, exactly like Willow.

"You're a shape shifter?!" Charlotte exclaimed. "I thought they were long extinct!"

"Um, not exactly." Sarah said, reverting to her normal appearance. "I've never done anything quite like this before."

"What do you mean?" Rose asked.

"This is a new use of an old ability for her. When she first discovered it she could only change a person's gender." Jill explained.

"Oh, is that how you changed?" Tina asked in awe.

"Something like that." Sarah said, glancing worriedly at the others whom she assumed didn't know about her. "I might be able to use it to change Willow to look like me. Then we can switch places until Nathaniel is caught."

"Why switch places? We could just keep Willow here until you find Nathaniel." Rose said.

"Yeah, I guess that would work, too." Sarah said.

Charlotte shook her head, "I don't think that's a good idea. How does Nathaniel find Willow in the first place? If he's watching this shop and sees two Willows, then we're in trouble. It's safer if you two switch places. Besides, if Sarah suddenly disappears after meeting us, it will look suspicious. Do you think Willow can handle going to work in your place for a day or two?"

"Well, Tiffany and Tina will be there, so I guess that could work." Sarah said.

"Are you okay with that Willow?" Tina asked.

Willow nodded, "Sure, no problem!"

"Are you sure you can handle Nathaniel?" Rose asked doubtfully.

Sarah shrugged, "Should be able to. Mike's been teaching me to defend myself, and I've got my blast power. And it doesn't sound like Nathaniel has any magical weapons to work with anymore, so I should be okay."

"When are we going to do this?" Charlotte asked. "Do you have anything going on tomorrow that would be disrupted by switching places, either of you?"

Willow shrugged, "I don't have anything going on. Sarah?"

"Uh, actually, I kind of do." Sarah said awkwardly.

"What do you mean Sarah?" Erica asked.

"Taking you to the airport?" Sarah replied.

"Oh, yeah." she said. "If you two switch before that then we wouldn't see each other again until after this is over."

"We should do this before Monday, so how about after her flight leaves?" Charlotte suggested.

"I guess so. But what would I need to do as Willow?" Sarah asked.

Rose snorted, "Not much! Willow isn't working right now, or going to school. She seems to think she can make a living with magic."

"Hey, I can! I just haven't figured out how to do it yet!" Willow protested.

Rose rolled her eyes and looked at Sarah, "Don't worry, she spends all her time with me. You'll have an easier time than Willow will."

"Okay, so where should we make the switch? We don't want to tip off Nathaniel." Mike said.

"I suppose it should be somewhere public, where we can meet up without seeming to meet up." Jill suggested.

"When's your flight again?" Sarah asked Erica.

"Three." she said.

"Pizza?" Sarah said hopefully.

Mike groaned, "I should have known!"

"What?" Tina said.

"Sarah loves pizza. She never gets tired of it." Mike explained.

"That could work. If we go to the same pizza place at about the same time, you two can just 'happen' to be in the bathroom at the same time and make your switch." Charlotte said thoughtfully.

"So...five?" Sarah said happily.

"Okay, five o'clock it is." Charlotte agreed after glancing at the others and receiving no argument.

"Okay, we'll see you then." Tiffany said. They all stood and walked back into the shop with Charlotte. Charlotte asked what pizza place to meet at, so Mike told her the name of Sarah's favorite.

Charlotte stopped at the door and turned towards them, "Look, I know we're both holding some things back. And now really isn't the time to compare notes. But it sounds like you five are on your own. I know what that's like, having this big secret that you can't talk to anybody about. If you'd like, we can get together again after this is over." she said.

"That might be a good idea." Mike agreed. "We'll have to switch these two back, anyway."

The others nodded and they said goodbye to Charlotte. This is a very fortuitous encounter. Vash sent. They seem to be connected to a lot of people with magical abilities in this area. This is just the sort of connection Mana suggested we make.

But what do we do now that we've made it? Tiffany wondered.

Get to know them, for now. Then we can tell them what Mana told us, and start to work out some way to move forward from here. Jill sent.

Sounds good to me. Erica thought as they climbed into Mike's car.

Mike parked in his usual spot and they went into his apartment since it was closest. "What shall we do for the rest of the day?" he asked.

Erica was looking at Sarah and said, "I'd like to spend some time with Sarah. I might not see her again for at least a few days after I leave tomorrow."

"You haven't had much time alone together lately, have you? Especially with me moving in with you." Tiffany said apologetically.

"Why don't you spend the day with us and let the love birds have some time alone?" Jill suggested.

"What about you two?" Tiffany asked.

"We get lots more time together than they do." Mike said. "Don't worry about it."

"I guess we'll see you in the morning, then." Erica said, pulling Sarah to her feet.

"Bye." Sarah said with a wave.

"Have fun." Jill said with a smile.

"I think we can manage that." Erica replied, grinning. She kept a hold of Sarah's hand and led her out of the apartment.

"What did you want to do?" Sarah asked. "I can open a portal back to our place if you want."

Erica shook her head, "No, I want to do things the old fashioned way for now. No magic or powers. Just a night out with the most wonderful woman in the world."

Sarah blushed, "I think that's my line."

"We'll have to agree to disagree on that one." Erica replied, smiling.

"So...where are we going?" Sarah asked as she found herself at the passenger door of her car.

Erica shrugged, "No idea. Let's find out!"

Erica drove aimlessly for a while until they ended up at a park she used to hike around in. "Let's go for a walk?" she suggested. Sarah nodded, so she parked and they got out. They wandered around the park arm in arm silently, content to be together without distraction.

Some time later the silence was broken by the grumbling of Sarah's stomach. "I suppose you want pizza?" Erica said with a grin.

"Whatever you want is fine with me." she replied.

"Okay, how about that Italian place?" Erica suggested, referring to one of their favorite places to go when Erica was still going to school there.

"Sure!" Sarah agreed.

They talked about how they'd arrange getting together once Erica was back at school over calzones and spaghetti. After dinner they headed back to the apartment. There they continued their conversation on the couch, until Erica realized that Sarah had stopped talking.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"You're going to be gone for six months. I wish you didn't have to go." Sarah said softly.

Erica pulled Sarah closer and let her rest her head on her shoulder, "I wish I didn't have to go, too. But we'll still see each other all the time, right?"

Sarah shrugged, "I guess."

"C'mon, I know what will cheer you up!" Erica said while pulling Sarah to her feet.

"What?" Sarah asked.

Erica started pulling her towards the bedroom, "Do I have to spell it out for you?"

"Isn't it a bit early to go to bed?" Sarah said.

"Who plans on sleeping?" Erica replied with a grin.


To Be Continued…


up
122 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Venus Cursed! - Chapter 115

What if when they switch, Sarah loses her power and takes on Willow's?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

losing power

I dont think Sara Could lose power, after all she is the reincarnation of an entire magical universe, and more powerfull than any god. looking back in the story, the only thing that can happen to her, is her gaining more understanding of the sheer imensity that she can do absolutely anything she can imagine doing!

agree

Sadarsa's picture

Yeah, her loosing her power would ~in essence~ be death for her i think.

--SEPARATOR--

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

yay!

Sadarsa's picture

This series is one of my all-time fav's... i'm so glad you picked it back up again.

Jedi? pft!.. we got Sarah!

--SEPARATOR--

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Great new Chapter

I'm so glad to see another chapter. I can't imagine how tough it was keeping this story going and really appreciate you continuing it. I look forward to seeing how Erica and Sarah cope with their separation and how Sarah deals with Nathaniel.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

Ah, at long last! :)

Finally we get to see some progress on the story! :)

I am sooo glad you posted the chapter Saless, it's been a while!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Good to see

You and Sarah back. I have always enjoyed this story, especially with all the intricacies involved with the separate storylines as they converge.

Maggie

I <3 Venus Cursed

I just love this series! (I think I've mentioned that before ^^)just like others here said: one of my all-time fave's(and not because I have the same name as the protagonist :p).

I'm glad to see progress and Sarah's naiveté at the end is so adorable! :--)

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Thank you for this new

Thank you for this new chapter, I'm glad you're writing venus cursed again.
I can't wait to see what happens next.

Interesting idea

During the switch, Sarah will presumably be learning some 'conventional' magic (as normally practiced by Willow), while Willow will presumably discover some of the abilities of Jill, Mike and Tiffany. However, one aspect of Sarah's life that Willow presumably won't be able to do is portal travel... unless Sarah is able / willing to pass on that knowledge. And given what portal travel has done for her usual companions, imagine the fun if Willow or members of her gang happened to do a spot of portal travel...

 

Bike Resources

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

I don't think

I don't think Willow will learn anything, she'll just look like Sarah. The reason Sarah can do all those things is because she is the reincarnation of a universe, which Willow is not...

Great to See This Continue...

No surprise (after #114) that Sarah will be taking a turn as Willow.

Turning Willow into Sarah and sending her to the job strikes me as a needless complication. Sarah taking a sick day from work (OK, I'll say it: "she's just not herself today...") doesn't seem nearly as problematical as Willow showing up not knowing what she's doing, in case there's a conference or a sales call or just the usual people asking Sarah for help.

Sure, Tiffany and Tina undoubtedly feel more comfortable keeping an eye on her at work than leaving her alone somewhere else. (Vash is presumably otherwise occupied, invisibly watching Sarah-as-Willow.) And sending real-Willow to the empty world, where she'd be safe, would be divulging a lot of information about their capabilities that they haven't yet decided to admit to -- though if they put her to work inventorying the treasure she'd at least get to answer her question as to how to make a living with magic.

As long as one Willow goes into the restroom and another (Sarah) comes out, I can't see what difference it makes whether or not someone identifiable as Sarah leaves afterward. (Charlotte thinks they need a replacement in case Sarah's being tailed, since Charlotte knows the FBI is on the case. But I think she could be convinced otherwise.) Something as low-tech as a wig and sunglasses would probably disguise Willow sufficiently, especially since they're basing their moves on a vision that showed an undisguised Willow.

As for the vision, assuming it's accurate, we don't need to worry about the version where Nathaniel gets burnt to ashes; that was the one where they didn't contact Sarah. In this one he disappears, which doesn't sound like a blast effect. (Or a transformation. And if he gets sent through a portal it's one that couldn't be seen in the vision; I don't believe we've encountered any portals that were invisible and transparent. Turning Nathaniel invisible (or having Vash do it) doesn't sound like a solution either, even if it's within their powers, unless the idea is that whatever Sarah does next to disable Nathaniel is concealed.) Sounds as though we're in store for something interesting on that count.

Eric

Willow-as-Sarah meets Jim

What if Willow-as-Sarah bumps into Jim when she's working as 'Sarah's' replacement and ends up being completely smitten by him? :P That could complicate things for Sarah when she goes back to school :P. I hope that if it happens that Willow at least knows that Sarah is in a relationship with Erica.

Venus Cursed!

Great series.

Julie

Arm twisting

I enjoyed reading this new part a lot. The only complaint I have is the long wait between parts. But I suppose twisting the authors arm is frowned upon, probably mostly because she'll need that arm to write the sequel :p

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Wow, what a response!

I should have long gaps between chapters more often!

...just kidding, you can put the pitchforks down now. Please? :)

Thanks for all the lovely comments, they've really made my day! I'm glad there are still so many people interested in this story. Hopefully I'll be able to make better time with future chapters. I do have a T&T ready to go, though, so there's at least that.

And thanks Maggie, I'm glad someone appreciates the side stories, they've caused some headaches at times!

Saless 


Kittyhawk"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America


"But it is also tradition that times *must* and always do change, my friend." - Eddie Murphy, Coming To America

Great

Saless, I have been enjoying this series and I love the side stories, because they add more dimension to the tale. I can appreciate that they can be difficult because you have to align them as they tell the same event from different sides.

more?

well now that i've read it all in the last 3 days, when will there be more?

a very captivating story, thanks

Hehe.. I did the same,

Hehe.. I did the same, thinking that this one would last a few weeks since there are so many chapters, but then i got addicted to it :S

I really hope it continues, as this story is great. :)